NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
The game will not launch for me. The pop-up box mentioned something about webGL not running, but I verified that I do have it and that it does work (in firefox).

After the 2nd time trying to launch, it no longer would launch at all.

Here is the debug file it generated.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Mac or Windows? There is an ongoing issue with some mac distributions.

WebGL not running should be physically impossible, since the engine contains its own internal HTML5/chrome kernel, rather than running off whatever you have installed. Meaning there's likely something else going on here, like trying to run it from the Download folder on Mac, having one of those aforementioned Mac distributions (there is a workaround if that's the case), trying to run it on the wrong OS, or a security setting of some sort.

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
Mac or Windows? There is an ongoing issue with some mac distributions.

WebGL not running should be physically impossible, since the engine contains its own internal HTML5/chrome kernel, rather than running off whatever you have installed. Meaning there's likely something else going on here, like trying to run it from the Download folder on Mac, having one of those aforementioned Mac distributions (there is a workaround if that's the case), trying to run it on the wrong OS, or a security setting of some sort.
Windows 10.

Oregon1898

Dec 22, 2017
It appears the magic shop job randomly locks up with a black screen. I didn't run into it while dominance was above 50, but at 50 I ran into it within two attempts more often than not.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Windows 10.
I'm sorry, but I've got zero clue. I've spent some time since Saturday looking into any similar issues with either the VN Maker or RPG Maker (they share much of their code, being from he same developer) engines. And I found...absolutely nothing. Nothing beyond not having an OpenGL capable graphics driver, at least, but you said you checked that WebGL worked on your system overall. I haven't been able to replicate the issue, can't find any engine-based issues, and you're the only person that has reported the issue. I'm officially at a loss :-(. Is it possible the download simply go corrupted?

Also, you can try the workaround listed for mac systems. It's actually not mac-specific, but rather a way to get the game to run in a browser. If WebGL is working in your browser, that version might help?

It appears the magic shop job randomly locks up with a black screen. I didn't run into it while dominance was above 50, but at 50 I ran into it within two attempts more often than not.
Hmmmm, did it only happen at specifically 50 dominance? It's possible I didn't include a check for being equal to 50 dominance on one of the jobs, just greater or less than. I'll try to look, but that specific job was the first thing I added and, frankly, they code is kinda a mess compared to the other parts of Hope's Rest. Despite my best efforts to clean it up during a few optimization passes. Any additional details you can provide would be helpful.

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
Okay, did a reinstall like you asked. The error message appeared just like before, but this time I took a pic of it. CQ Error.png

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Okay, did a reinstall like you asked. The error message appeared just like before, but this time I took a pic of it. View attachment 659099
A complete redownload? Or just a reinstall? If the file was corrupted, reinstalling it wouldn't do anything. Having said that, I'm going to assume you did the redownload. Unfortunately, even with a copy of the error, I can't find any reason for this to happen, nor any similar occurrences with other VN Maker games. This error is unreproducible on my version and there are no others with this error to attempt to find a commonality. The only thing I can tell you to try, without some way of reproducing the issue, is to attempt to use the that plays using a browser window instead of the included chrome kernel from the engine (Which, for some unknown reason, the mods removed the link for in the main post -_-). Note that, while it says in that post that the Workaround Version is for Mac users that are having issues, the build is NOT Mac-specific and the instructions there will work for windows as well. That version is a pure 100% HTML5 release, that should run using your local instance of chrome/firefox (if you follow the needed steps). If you still get a WebGL error using that version... then the issue is not related to my game, but a problem with your driver or version of WebGL.

Sorry I can't give you any other advice :-(. I know effectively nothing about WebGL itself, so I can't troubleshoot issues with it that aren't caused by some error in my own code...

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Full delete, download, install. I'll give the workaround version a go, I guess.
:( I'm REALLY sorry I can't seem to help you. I just don't know what else could be wrong, as it seems to be something beyond the scope of the actual Chastity Quest code. Hopefully the workaround version works for you. I'm really hoping, at this point, that I can get some HTML 5 hosting myself in the future, so that I can just make the web-playable version the default option for everyone -_-.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Wohoo, lots of stuff to say! First, the links in the main post have been updated to reflect the fact that . As for the reason for that being a bit delayed from my normal target date, that is because I have now acquired some hosting, and wanted to get a Web Version up before I announced the public release. Yes, that's right, there's now a web-browser playable version! Of course...that version is utterly untested, so use at your own risk :p. Assuming things go well, it should limit the need to download the files over al over (since the game is large) as well as hopefully nixing some of the compatibility issues I haven't been able to fix! Fair warning though, due to the game's size/complexity, it takes a minute or two (with a decent connection) to load. All you'll see until it does is a blank black screen. Please be patient! I'll be trying to figure out if there's a way to load a quick splash-screen while that's happening in the future.

Next up, as you've probably already guessed, Build 3 going public means that . As usual, it will go to the $3 patrons on the 15th or 16th (whichever day my other updating game doesn't use) and should go public on the 30th, though short delays (like this time) do happen for various reasons. Build 4 adds quite a bit to New Landing, more than doubling that area's scene count...and several of them are much larger than previous scenes there. Take a gander at the release notes for details...

Chastity Quest Build 4 Release Notes:

Build 4 introduces a lot of new content. It focuses on three major areas. First, is the new Pony Express Courier Service. Second is the first 3 events/quests for the Mage Guild Route through New Landing. Third is quite a bit of content for Tylan, the Chapter Mistress of the New Landing Mage's Guild! The total new scene count for the build is 17 new sex scenes, with about half of those being much larger than usual scenes.

The Pony Express Courier Service: The Pony Express business is owned by a new Major Character, Ryka. She...actually kinda took an unexpected but enjoyable turn when I was writing her! She, of course, has her own chats...though sadly no sex scenes with her just yet! What the shop DOES contain, adult content wise, is:

- Courier Job: 4 new scenes (two in chastity gear, two not), with some random chance involved as to the outcome... (Job has a non-sex variant that IS NOT included in the scene count)

- Adverting Job: 2 new scenes (unbelted scenes, both, though later on a belted version will be added). Again with a random chance on which you get :p.

The Mage's Guild Quests: There are are ultimately going to be three ways to get through New Landing and onto the next major came location. This build properly introduces the first such 'route.' While not yet complete, the first three Quests/Events of this route are now in the game. Each one is LARGE, far larger content-wise, than anything else in the game so far. Included are:

- 4 New Scenes for the first quest/event. 3 normal sized scenes and 1 large one.

- 1 EXTREMELY LARGE scene, the single largest anywhere in the game, for the second quest/event.

- 1 Large (but not EXTREMELY LARGE) and quite varied scene for the third quest/event.

Chapter Mistress Tylan: The last 'major' content area of this build is to flesh out one of the Major Characters, which is something that hadn't happened yet for any of the New Landing NPCs. In this case, Chapter Mistress Tylan has received quite a bit of new content, including:

- 2 Repeatable Sex Scenes between just Kiralia and her.

- 3 Repeatable Threesome Scenes with a character from the First Mage Guild Quest. Full disclosure, only 2 of those are considered Unquie Scenes, as the third is basically a repeat one what happens during the quest itself.

- New Chat revealing some interesting (I hope) bits of Tylan's past. This isn't automatic...you have to find a hint by playing her scenes, before it will show up!

Other:

- A new Kira-is-futa-variant scene for the Practical Mage instructor. This got forgotten in the last build! Oops!

- Various typo fixes.

- Probably something else I'm forgetting since I'm totally exhausted.

- The Credits Menu has been updated. Both adding a page for New Landing, and adding some new $10 patrons.

Known Issues:

- The first video (oral) for the Unbelted Pony Express Delivery (Female Variant) is trash. It's stuttering and has a ton of issues. This, unfortunately, was not caught until testing. It will need replacing in the future. Thankfully, the second vid for that scene was mostly unaffected.

- Entering the Dawn's Rose content with Max Lust can, apparently, trigger the Lust Effect content, resulting in you not actually going to the Dawn's Rose...not sure what's going on there. Having trouble duplicating this...but it's been reported to me. Will poke at it some more.

- Some minor issues with the credits menu screen. I did kinda a hack rush-job on it this time due to a mistake with not saving changes to the photoshop template. Will need to fix this in the future.

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble downloading stuff from FILEUPLOAD? Every time I've tried it, all I got was a redirect to an Amazon page full of Amazon crap. Whoever approves these sites should take a closer look at them. FILEUPLOAD is the pits.

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
After loading a game where Kirala was a sub the Dominance stat is only at -1, im pretty sure it was MUCH lower before. At least low enough to geht the sub-unlock with the rogue. All other stats were ok and a save with a high dom stat was also ok.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
After loading a game where Kirala was a sub the Dominance stat is only at -1, im pretty sure it was MUCH lower before. At least low enough to geht the sub-unlock with the rogue. All other stats were ok and a save with a high dom stat was also ok.
Um, dominance starts at 50. And you only need 40 or less to unlock Seesha's sub extra. If you have it at -1 than you've actually taken it farther than I thought anyone would in Hope's Rest :p. I actually need to lock it to not go below 0 at some point, since the scale I've been working to is 0 being 'completely and utterly submissive' and 100 being 'completely and utterly dominant.' I just haven't actually added that check, since I wanted to make it possible to lock it at 0 or 100 when you reach them (if you want to) and I haven't quite sorted out how to do that without it being super cumbersome.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble downloading stuff from FILEUPLOAD? Every time I've tried it, all I got was a redirect to an Amazon page full of Amazon crap. Whoever approves these sites should take a closer look at them. FILEUPLOAD is the pits.
It's not just you. I have that trouble as well and hate file upload as a result. I used to use Nopy as the third option for all of my games...but I didn't actually have an account. So when Nopy stopped takin anonymous uploads and halted registrations, I was stuck looking elsewhere. File Upload was one of the few with no size limits and since this game is huge, size wise...

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
to my $5+ patrons for testing, which means that ! I've updated the links in the main post to Build 4!

Build 5 was HELL, HELL I TELL YOU! I introduced a mini-game based on the Escape theme (escaping from bondage gear) and my patrons got extra entertainment for the last few weeks watching me slowly go insane from how badly I underestimated the amount of work that was going to take -_-. Nevertheless, it came out pretty good, I think. As did the Thieves Guild content so far...

Release Notes for Build 5

Build 5 contains 21 news scenes, covering a large amount of Thief Guild related content. Including both a fairly involved mini-game and the first Quest in the Rogue Path through the New Landing Content.

The Thieves Guild General Content:
Introducing two new Major characters and two new Minor Characters, you can now visit and join the Thieves Guild of New Landing. Rolf the Guildmaster can help you with your chastity belt(for various return 'favors'), as well as having his own chats. And his Assistant Lysa, in addition to her own Chats, can introduce you to a newly-popular form of training at this thieves guild...

The Escape Game: As a free means to learn some Rogue Skills, you can participate in the Escape Game, where Lysa will bind you into one of two bondage gear sets (your choice, differing difficulties) and you must escape by whatever means necessary. You can pick locks, struggle...or get help from your fellow thieves! Though the thieves are likely to demand something in exchange! The game should have variants for all possible combinations of either outfit that you could end up in! Including a couple of major variants where the scene changes completely depending on what parts you have and haven't escaped from...

The Thief Guild Quest Chain: While only the first quest in this chain is finished...there are three separate paths through it! Seriously, I think this has the most unique content of any of quest so far. I'm fairly proud of it. (Hint: It will only trigger once you hit a certain level of Rogue Skills).

Other Stuff:

- The credits menu has been fixed, including making the links work properly in the web version. I think I may have forgotten to update the modwatch list though...oops?

- Various typos and bugs from previous versions fixed. Special thanks to SaloJ for reporting several typos and other issues! Thanks!

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Interesting project. Skyrim with a shitload of mods and a good PC will look better than most daz stuff.

This makes me want to reinstall it and see if there are any new adult mods worth a look. Back then it was mostly mechanics and graphics with very few bothering to have any story.

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
Interesting project. Skyrim with a shitload of mods and a good PC will look better than most daz stuff.

This makes me want to reinstall it and see if there are any new adult mods worth a look. Back then it was mostly mechanics and graphics with very few bothering to have any story.
I could recommend Deviously Cursed Loot (pretty much what this game emulates), Devious Training (train to get used to bondage), SLUTS Redux (ponygirl deliveries), Devious Regulations (join an army, get chastity), Laura's Bondage Shop (lots of bondage quests), Skyrim Chain Beasts (like the Oblivion chain beasts mod), City Bondage (gotta restrain those powerful dragonborn!), Suspicious Gold Starter (a bondage quest chain that starts when you pick up a coin in the inn in Dawnstar), and Slaverun Reloaded (female sex slavery slowly spreads through Skyrim).

In addition to the much necessary Devious Devices set of mods.

Reactions: AL.d

chesire

May 5, 2017
I could recommend Deviously Cursed Loot (pretty much what this game emulates), Devious Training (train to get used to bondage), SLUTS Redux (ponygirl deliveries), Devious Regulations (join an army, get chastity), Laura's Bondage Shop (lots of bondage quests), Skyrim Chain Beasts (like the Oblivion chain beasts mod), City Bondage (gotta restrain those powerful dragonborn!), Suspicious Gold Starter (a bondage quest chain that starts when you pick up a coin in the inn in Dawnstar), and Slaverun Reloaded (female sex slavery slowly spreads through Skyrim).

they are a bitch and a half to install

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Might want to fix the thread title and version number on page 1 since it is Build 4 for download and not Build 5 :)
Odd, that wasn't me. I actually had it listed as Build 4 Public and a mod changed it for unknown reasons (I just checked and the last edit was by a moderator). I changed the version number back to Build 4, though I didn't touch the thread title number since I'm not sure which it's supposed to reflect...

I figured it was worth trying. I've worked with Daz for other games (indeed, another ongoing project of mine that has yet to go public uses Daz renders). But...for this specific niche(BDSM/Chastity Play), it's actually somewhat hard to find suitable Daz assets. Which is, I think, actually why you don't see it all that often in games using rendered assets.

I actually have to give credit to a Patron of mine for suggesting the idea of using a heavily modded Skyrim for the graphics assets for this game specifically. The experience has been...mixed, so far. While I can get what I need, mostly, I think it's actually a little harder to work with, overall. Mostly since it's missing a lot of the tools needed (even with mods) to really handle fine character manipulation. There is, for example, a very good reasons why Kiralia's expressions and poses don't change much much outside sex scenes. It's SUPER awkward to make them do so.

As for adult Skyrim mods that may be worth a look...see by next comment down ;-).

Of those, Devious Devices + Deviously Cursed Loot, and SLUTS Redux are actually the only two I've used in Chastity Quest. And, I've got to say, I'd actually rather strongly recommend staying away from SLUTS Redux. The current iteration hasn't been updated in a while...and it's very unstable. I've had quite a lot of issues with the thing.

On the other hand, I've both played quite a few of the mods for my own enjoyment...and played even more when I was in the planning stages of Chastity Quest, trying to work out what I had to work with. If anyone cares for recommendations from me, asides from the core Sexlab/Devious Device packages needed for most things to work...

Deviously Cursed Look: Honestly, you get more mileage out of this than out of virtually any other Bondage/Adult mods for Skyrim. It's almost part of the 'core' that I mentioned before. A lot of mods either need it...or GREATLY benefit from it's inclusion. It also happens to have some entertaining quests directly build into it.

Laura's Bondage Shop: This one is, quite possibly, the single best of any of the BDSM themed mods. Not only does it have actual honest-to-goodness story...but it gets serious bonus points with me for it being one of the only mods that's 100% consensual content. It might seem odd coming from someone who makes adult games, but a lot of the Slavery mods and such for Skyrim actually give me the willies a bit. They almost universally take things to some pretty dark places, which isn't something I'm really okay with, hence why there's almost ZERO non-consent anywhere in Chastity Quest. (Literally the only two exceptions being 100% avoidable/skippable). Laura's Bondage shop, though...is amazingly well done consensual BDSM stuff, with a fair few quests and decently entertaining repeatable quests.

Amorous Adventures: Okay, frankly...the writing is terrible. But there's a LOT of it, allowing you to seduce/have fun with a lot of the base Skyrim characters, with...badly written romance quests.

Flowergirls: Better writing than Amrous Adventures, witch a similar concept. Unfortunately, it's sometimes a bit of a chore to get working right with Sexlab mod sets.

they are a bitch and a half to install
Yes, yes they are. Trying to build an adult playthrough of Skyrim is not for the faint of heart. You will cry, wail, and gnash your teeth trying to get everything working...

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes