VN Ren'Py Completed Childhood Friends [Ep. 2 v1.1] [Void Star]

3.40 star(s) 16 Votes

Vypress

Oct 5, 2018
it looks like it was a short one-off story and theres the completed tag. So doesn't look like any new content will be added.

Reactions: fugazi666

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Is denying that something is NTR becoming it's own fetish? I swear some of y'all must get at least a semi every time you type "this isn't NTR, for it to be NTR you must have blah blah blah"
I am one of the people that sometimes would say that for this simple reason.

NTR is the death knelt of some games and some developers are so scared of that tag that they will try and appease everyone to not have it in their game tag. This annoys me, since having your heart broken or someone you like, chosing someone else is normal in everyday life.

Being not a big NTR fan myself, (You know your GF being seduced/corrupted/blackmailed by someone and then proceeds to get fucked by the rival in everyway possible) I do not like if normal situations are tagged as NTR.

There is plenty of good stories to tell where there are romantic rivals without the game being NTR as I understand the definition.

Revy15a2

Sep 24, 2019
I sense a new game idea :p

One thing that shits me off with NTR definitions is the lack of differentiation in tags. It really would not be that hard for uploaders to work out which one of the three main types a game contains before uploading but I can't complain too much as I know how much of their own time they essentially donate to the community.
Its almost like we should add "Jealousy" as its own tag, it would help with a lot of confusion I think. Right now just the MC feeling jealous about his "crushes or interest" being with someone else comes closer to the category of ntr than any other genre. A big factor for the ntr is the pain or jealousy that the concept creates so ppl ignore the technicalities and just lump it right in.

Reactions: Toushiro and Alfius

wstlndwarrior

Mar 1, 2020
Wow this story was a punch in the gut. Most true stories are...

Merry. The high-school girl I was never able to win over. Just like Victoria. She didn't want a relationship, but never failed to include me in plans. I waited 6 years for her love. One lucky night I was able to go out with just her and I. I don't know if it was the drinks or no one there to deter her. We kissed. Danced. I found out she loved to bite lips when she kissed. I offered her my bottom lip several times when we kissed. It was painful. Almost like she was punishing me for not stopping her. I loved every second of it. I drove her home. I told her she was home and she sat down in her driveway. She said she didn't want to go to her house. I pleaded. She insisted. I picked her up and drove her to my place. I carried her to my bed. I laid down kissed her goodnight and fell asleep. It took every ounce of my being to not try anything with her that night. I promised her I wouldn't earlier in the evening. That I was not one of those men. The next morning she seemed embarrassed and upset. That I listened to her the night before and didn't get her into her bed. I explained how difficult she had been in her driveway. We never talked about the kissing to my memory. Other than my jokes on how my lip still hurt years later.

Time went on and we slowly drifted apart. Always keeping in touch here and there. I learned over the years that it was better for my heart to not initiate contact. The last time I saw her was at a moving out party my wife and I had. It was a great party. Even though I had received a concussion from falling after helping Merry with a bottle of rum. The last time I heard from her was thru a text on 8 December 2014. We exchanged the same banter we normally did, and ended it in the same fashion. "I miss you frenemy"(friend-enemy). 7 months later I received a text from her brother at work asking if he could call. For some reason I was annoyed by this. I didn't know why. I answered in a "What do you want" kinda tone. In the first 5 seconds I already knew without him saying anything more than "How've you been?" I also knew why I was upset when he asked to call. Merry had passed away on 12 December 2014. She had been doing heroin with her boyfriend. She overdosed and he didn't... Her mother never liked me. I never understood why. No one told me about the funeral. Her brother thought someone had told me. When he realized I posted a happy birthday on her Facebook he immediately contacted me. I never saw her get into a cab and drive away. That would've been more closure then what I have.

All I have is questions about if I could've saved her life if I would've made an effort to see her on 8 December when we spoke. Would it have had a butterfly effect? Instead all I have is "I miss you frenemy", and I do.

Last edited:

wstlndwarrior

Mar 1, 2020
Will this ever continue? :(
Hey, thanks for taking the time to read my post. Honestly, I dont know if I want to know how the story ends. I'm doing everything I can to try and forget it. 24 hours after I played it, it is still lingering bringing up further memories. At this point I feel like [BAD MEMORIES] needs to be a tag.

malla906

Aug 6, 2018
Hey, thanks for taking the time to read my post. Honestly, I dont know if I want to know how the story ends. I'm doing everything I can to try and forget it. 24 hours after I played it, it is still lingering bringing up further memories. At this point I feel like [BAD MEMORIES] needs to be a tag.
I feel you, yours was a very sad story

rate61

Dec 9, 2017
Do anyone know how to make a Android version of this game on the phone cause i am traveling and dont have a pc with me :/
Here is my android port of Childhood Friends v1.0

Compressed by reducing image,video quality slightly.

Note: Press the letters in racing game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain intact. Please allow storage access.

If you encounter any bug or issue, please let me know.

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
Its almost like we should add "Jealousy" as its own tag, it would help with a lot of confusion I think. Right now just the MC feeling jealous about his "crushes or interest" being with someone else comes closer to the category of ntr than any other genre. A big factor for the ntr is the pain or jealousy that the concept creates so ppl ignore the technicalities and just lump it right in.
Yeah jealousy is the driving factor, whereas there could be a poly/swinging/sharing where the partners sleep with other people but everyone is ok with it is very different from NTR/Cuckholding

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I am one of the people that sometimes would say that for this simple reason.

NTR is the death knelt of some games and some developers are so scared of that tag that they will try and appease everyone to not have it in their game tag. This annoys me, since having your heart broken or someone you like, chosing someone else is normal in everyday life.

Being not a big NTR fan myself, (You know your GF being seduced/corrupted/blackmailed by someone and then proceeds to get fucked by the rival in everyway possible) I do not like if normal situations are tagged as NTR.

There is plenty of good stories to tell where there are romantic rivals without the game being NTR as I understand the definition.
The definition of NTR is actually extremely simple, but you can give the answer a lot of nuance.
If MC loses a romantic interest to another character and in one way or another has depressed emotions about that, it's netorare.

If MC steals a romantic interest from another character and that character in one way or another has depressed emotions about that, it's netori.

If MC takes pleasure in their romantic interest having sex with another character in a consensual fashion, it's netorase.

This is how F95zone defines it:
Ntr [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
The F95zone tag list is found here.

In other words. Cuckolding/netorase is NOT ntr by f95zone's own standards and should have its own tag.
However, it doesn't matter if what happened is a part of daily life or not, that's not even a part of the equation. If you've experienced a girl you had a crush on get in a relationship with another guy, you've tried netorare firsthand.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Evil987

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
This one is a gem, way way better than the rest of his works (the scenes, their subtlety, the story)..he should expand on this game or at least focus on developing something of the same quality, I don't understand why he doesn't.
His art is always top notch, but this game covered what he misses

Reactions: ActiveShooter

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I'm disappointed that the game has no continuation, because in my opinion it is more interesting story than Pandora's box.
Absolutely. Far more interesting and better designed in both the story and the scenes. I even contacted him asking why he doesn't go that direction with his main games but he gave me a "no answer".
One of my theories is that he produced the art but someone else directed him on all the rest.

Reactions: wstlndwarrior

Zamer

Jan 13, 2018
DAMN this was goof game. Really do hope that they make a part 2! There so still to build on. The potential is there for the Main Character to move and look at his life, the relationship between the two ex friends, mom.. abd hopefully some reve ge

This really didnt feel like a ntr, more like a unRequited love for the mc, why vic probably was e joying uer life and peobably had olans to move with her career...etc.

The potential is still there for a part 2. Hopefully more mc friendly.

Reactions: Ragnaroekr
3.40 star(s) 16 Votes