Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Chimera: Bloodlines - Game Dev Journal

THE PROJECT HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD AND THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE UPDATED.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW GAME HERE:
https://f95zone.to/threads/i-scream-fundi-games-game-dev-journal.177782/

f95 capsule.png

The latest v2.0 build can be accessed in the Game Thread: F95 Game Page

Overview:
You're Archer, a renowned Special Exterminator for the Inquisition. Your mission is to hunt Chimeras, supernatural humans born from forbidden unions between bloodlines. Ignite a revolution, uphold the inquisition's power, or succumb to your own primal desires. Pursue intimate connections, or wild sex.

Every move you make, every choice you embrace, shall carve the path that shapes the future of humans and chimeras. Prepare to embark on a treacherous journey, where inquisitors, rebels, criminals, and secret organizations clash in a war.​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-03
Release Date: 2023-08-03
Developer: @FunDi: - -
Version: v0.1 - Demo
Language: English
Store:

Full Description:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Genre:

(Thank you so much for viewing and hopefully enjoying the game: Demo build by @FunDi)

Intro_02_Camera_HD.png 03_Penetration_Multiple_Camera (3)_QHD.png 06_MultipleConvo_Camera_QHD.png 17_FaceBuilding_Camera_QHD.png 29_Corruption_TouchRightBreast_Camera_QHD.png 10_KissClose_Camera_QHD.png 16_Corruption_Closer_Camera (2)_QHD.png 17_Anarchy_Naked_Camera_QHD.png 26_Redemption_Kiss_Camera_QHD.png 29_Mia_Camera_QHD.png 31_KiriShot_Camera (2)_QHD.png 28_Prebathroom_DoubleSlam_Camera_HD.png 04_Landing_Camera_HD.png 13_HandChin_Camera_HD.png 11_Clothing_Camera (2)_HD.png 19_LilySaya_Camera_HD.png 30_FullShot_Camera (2)_HD.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Gam Dev Update #2.5: More Designs & Maximizing the Sexiness

Late night update. Been working hard on designing the characters. Definitely on a good pathway. Looking for anyone's thoughts on who you like, don't like, and why! That helps the process.

FirstTest_AllWomen_2-min.png

Those renders take a brutally long time. Happy to slowly transition into crafting the plot. The engine is mostly done.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Lerd0

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Gam Dev Update #4: Coding the Engine & Getting Community Feedback on Renders

image.jpg

Excited to share that I am close to completing the dynamic Ren'Py engine to make sure everything I make is scalable for the long run. Firstly, I have developed the relationship and morale system that will be driving the choice-driven narrative of the game. I am happy with the results:

Last edited:

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Gam Dev Update #5: User Interface & Demo Missions

After days of troubleshooting, I finally managed to get my Workstation to render properly, and I've embarked on the process of creating the opening mission and preparing the demo. Currently, I'm in the final stages of refining the game's UI elements, which encompass both the novel aspect and a management system delivered through a Discord-like management chat. In the upcoming days, I'll have more UI features to showcase.

But for now, I invite you to take a sneak peek into the opening sequence of the game. You'll find yourself waking up in a bathroom, hungover, and trying to piece together the events of the previous day. From the very start, you'll be presented with choices that reflect how your night unfolded and how those decisions will shape the plot.

03_Bathroom_TopDownPassedOut.png 09_2_Bathroom_HeadCloseUpKiri.png

10_Bathroom_KiriWideShot.png

The coding process is in full swing, with rapid progress being made, and the renders are being completed as quickly as possible. My goal is to release the demo soon so that I can gather valuable feedback from the community.

I'm incredibly thrilled with the progress so far, and while I'm also working on crafting some exciting and intimate scenes, I want to ensure they are done right, which will require some time and learning.

Last edited:

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry I don't mean to be mean but the following might be mean to some:p.

Most members on this site don't really care much about a game technical aspect, mechanics, visuals and/or audios, even the story. Most only care if the game has the kinks that they like, in satisfactory manner ( adhere to their strict template ) with ample amount of ( lewd ) contents. They can be forgiving if the visuals are not top notch, because they understand that breathtaking renders require very good hardware.

Looking at the tags list you mentioned above, missing incest and harem but contains prostitution, slave and rape. There will be plenty of members announcing their departure in the game thread right, left, top and bottom as if it is the busiest airport in the world. I know that the prostitution and rape is for the Anarchy route but those virtue signaling members don't care, to them the developer is promoting those by including it in the game. Many will also rejoice because there is no netorare.

One thing I am curious is that the main cast is Saya which looks like female but the tags mentioned male protagonist. So, is male Chimera looks just like a female human/Chimera but has dick instead?

Anyway, there's too much information to process right nowo_O. All this information need to be organized and presented in the most pleasant way that even an ape ( which most members on this site originated from ) can easily understand, otherwise I'm really wondering what kind of happening will be in the game thread at launch day:LOL:.

IMO, looks good and promising. The renders can definitely become better with time, better hardware, software later, no big deal to me.

Probably, only other developers are the only ones who will be interested in this Game Dev Journal and can relate to, but not so much for common fappers, hence there is barely any interest so far.

But anyway, I am just a minority, so don't take my words seriously:p.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Damn, you somehow captured all of the feedback I've been looking for. That helps a lot; there is zero chance of succeess if I don't get what people actually think.

Most members on this site don't really care much about a game technical aspect, mechanics, visuals and/or audios, even the story. Most only care if the game has the kinks that they like, in satisfactory manner ( adhere to their strict template ) with ample amount of ( lewd ) contents. They can be forgiving if the visuals are not top notch, because they understand that breathtaking renders require very good hardware.
That's pretty surprising to me, personally, as one who likes tech things. Luckily I am now at the stage of making lewd renders, so will adapt the posts. I go into details below.

Looking at the tags list you mentioned above, missing incest and harem but contains prostitution, slave and rape. There will be plenty of members announcing their departure in the game thread right, left, top and bottom as if it is the busiest airport in the world. I know that the prostitution and rape is for the Anarchy route but those virtue signaling members don't care, to them the developer is promoting those by including it in the game. Many will also rejoice because there is no netorare.
Harem is implied, my miss.

Incest is one of my favorite kinks, but it is an absolute murder when it comes to monetizing - if I want to do this thing, some concessions must be made. The game will be focused to be released on Steam eventually - with a version available here, too. Knowing people who won't pay will get a copy anyways, at least you get some traction.

"Anarchy" type of content is something I've been a little confused about. I looked over the games, their popularity, etc., and noticed that most popular games tend to include it. Plus I am a fan myself when the option is presented in games, being a player myself. Maybe I will tone it down without slave tag, but I definitely want to have forced content. Some details here would help.

I looked a lot at games like Depraved Awakening in how far forced content goes. How common is virtue signaling here?

One thing I am curious is that the main cast is Saya which looks like female but the tags mentioned male protagonist. So, is male Chimera looks just like a female human/Chimera but has dick instead?
My bad, she is a tomboyish female character, I just recently finished making the protagonist.

Anyway, there's too much information to process right nowo_O. All this information need to be organized and presented in the most pleasant way that even an ape ( which most members on this site originated from ) can easily understand, otherwise I'm really wondering what kind of happening will be in the game thread at launch day:LOL:.
I happen to be a descendant of apes as well, with some Neanderthal blood.

I've been thinking of keeping this thread detailed (basically to show I am not a hack - this has been the main motivator), and maybe making a second thread here where I post short lewd-focused posts about the game. "Ape thread". I wonder if it's a good approach.

IMO, looks good and promising. The renders can definitely become better with time, better hardware, software later, no big deal to me.

Probably, only other developers are the only ones who will be interested in this Game Dev Journal and can relate to, but not so much for common fappers, hence there is barely any interest so far.
Super good renders are important to me, but at this point, I want to push the demo out, finish the code, so I can just do better rendering/writing. Things are all over the place with how much needs to get done, especially coding the damn UI and map.

But anyway, I am just a minority, so don't take my words seriously:p.
That helps a big amount. Some extra details would help further. I come from a more standardized game background, so I need to restructure how I do & communicate things.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
That's pretty surprising to me, personally, as one who likes tech things. Luckily I am now at the stage of making lewd renders, so will adapt the posts. I go into details below.
Actually I can relate because I like the game making/development process more than the game itself:D. I enjoy "The Making Of" slightly over the movie itself. But, overwhelmingly majority members here don't care or appreciate that kind of stuff. Bugs are treated like cardinal sin as if the developer is poisoning their food:eek: ( fortunately only very small minority are like this ).

Harem is implied, my miss.

Incest is one of my favorite kinks, but it is an absolute murder when it comes to monetizing - if I want to do this thing, some concessions must be made. The game will be focused to be released on Steam eventually - with a version available here, too. Knowing people who won't pay will get a copy anyways, at least you get some traction.

"Anarchy" type of content is something I've been a little confused about. I looked over the games, their popularity, etc., and noticed that most popular games tend to include it. Plus I am a fan myself when the option is presented in games, being a player myself. Maybe I will tone it down without slave tag, but I definitely want to have forced content. Some details here would help.

I looked a lot at games like Depraved Awakening in how far forced content goes. How common is virtue signaling here?
Regarding the tags, I personally don't care because I don't play games solely based on tags. I play well-mad game with good if not great story. But most members live by it. Unfortunately, the tags system on this site is mediocre, problematic and controversial at best. The tags system mandates that the tags should reflect the contents of the game, but there is no distinction of what are the main course and what not.

But in short, +harem +incest +milf +virgin -rape -prostitution -netorare is the common formula which appeals to the largest crowd, but not without its own complexity:p. There are templates for such combo that developers should adhere to, according to the groups of people promoting it. Quick & short version: virgin girls ( no sloppy seconds ), almost no other males ( otherwise it will trigger the NTR alert ), submissive girl ( otherwise it will trigger femdom alert ), no lesbian or bi-sexual girls in the harem, and some more ( I am no expert on this so my knowledge is limited ). If the developers do not follow these strict templates, then they will most probably end up arguing with the 'fans' most of the time. If they adhere to it, their games will most likely become bland clone or copy of similar games but with different characters and settings. It's a catch 22.

Regarding virtue signaling, I don't really have numbers but I do see now and then posts about it, but I know that a handful of members pre-emptively filter out games with rape and/or prostitution tags. Perhaps slave too but I don't know much about such games to be honest. One thing for sure, there are audiences for such contents but their numbers are sketchy. Probably, Raptus is a good baseline for such game?

Regarding Depraved Awakening. That game was legendary to many here:D. It contains controversial contents but those are very light and only side contents I say. The main theme is always incest ( and harem probably ), vanilla stuff. Also, this game was released back then where there aren't that many adult VN games, so players have limited choices. Fast forward to today, there are already 20K games on this site and every month there are like 10 - 20 new games release. The playerbase is diluted across so many games. What I mean to say is that Depraved Awakening is not a good baseline suited for today social and economic climate. Might need to check out a few of those recently released games with 'controversial' contents for references:unsure:?

There is one recently release game, Cyber Fuck Dolls which is very unique but I think share a similar core concept with your game, that is the characters can be on different 'routes'. It has over 40 tags and the receptions are positives. Mainly because the allows for customization that if the player like certain kinks then he can programmed the dolls for that kinks. Game does have ( smaller ) story elements to it and not just lewds non-stop.

I hope I shared enough ( not complete ) useful data regarding tags, games & community relationship with you ( based on my years of observations and interactions with the community ). Take it with a grain of salt since I am neither an expert nor spokeperson for the community.

Personally, I like developers who just make games that they like and passionate about, the way they want it, because I like playing different or unique games. On the contrary, developers who tries or even tries hard to please everyone above their passion or vision, usually end up failing big time.
I happen to be a descendant of apes as well, with some Neanderthal blood.

I've been thinking of keeping this thread detailed (basically to show I am not a hack - this has been the main motivator), and maybe making a second thread here where I post short lewd-focused posts about the game. "Ape thread". I wonder if it's a good approach.
Regarding the information organization and presentation, I have no idea how best to deal with it though. My first instinct is to suggest an in-game codex/library where players can access while playing i.e. all inclusive in the game but the biggest drawback is that it will take considerable amount of development time to get it right and its ongoing update. It helps to reduce a lot repeated questions from the players, but there will still be queries though because not everyone reads stuff. Every now and then there are still players who posted in game thread "aww I didn't see xyz tags before playing" etc. because there are quite a number ( minority ) of players who just looking at the pictures in the OP, like the girl or girls and just download, play without knowing:ROFLMAO:.

Super good renders are important to me, but at this point, I want to push the demo out, finish the code, so I can just do better rendering/writing. Things are all over the place with how much needs to get done, especially coding the damn UI and map.
That helps a big amount. Some extra details would help further. I come from a more standardized game background, so I need to restructure how I do & communicate things.
Take your time and don't rush the demo/first release. It is very important because it is the make or break moment for many developers on this site. It needs to hook, excite and incite interest without too much information, sprinkle with mysteries and probably end with a cliff-hanger or plot twist at the end;). Probaly you need to interact and/observe the community in general a little bit more before release as well, to familiar yourself with their lingo, nuance, idiosyncracy etc., to understand your potential audience better. You can't just take my words above to be fact. One thing I know, some factions in the community are really harsh most of the times even towards new developers and considering your account was made May 2020, you won't be spared because you are considered to be a zone veteran ( 2+ years ).

Lastly I forgot to mention before, regarding the Redemption, Corruption and Anarchy routes. Typically, these 3 routes appeals to different types of players so it is advisable each updates/releases are planned structuredly. For example, you can do long cycle ( 3 months update ) which covers contents on all 3 routes. Alternatively, short cycle ( 1 month update ) which only cover 1 route per update. Without prior and clear communication, some players of specific route might get disappointed if there is no content for their route. It is not a big deal really but it is best not to disappoint the players because it can lead to other negativity outlook towards the game itself. This is based on my observation of mistakes some developers made.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Actually I can relate because I like the game making/development process more than the game itself:D.
Same for me lol. Learning how games were made after playing them is more interesting for me than playing them.

But in short, +harem +incest +milf +virgin -rape -prostitution -netorare is the common formula which appeals to the largest crowd, but not without its own complexity:p.
I am legit surprised to hear that forced things are not mainstream here. I will definitely pivot to a bit more softcore, but I want to keep some forced content in place. I wonder if some sort of an "almost rape" is a tag ... This will make it easier to monetize, too ... You gave me a lot to think about in that area, I might revisit my scenario and trim some edges.

There are templates for such combo that developers should adhere to, according to the groups of people promoting it. Quick & short version: virgin girls ( no sloppy seconds ), almost no other males ( otherwise it will trigger the NTR alert ), submissive girl ( otherwise it will trigger femdom alert ), no lesbian or bi-sexual girls in the harem, and some more ( I am no expert on this so my knowledge is limited ). If the developers do not follow these strict templates, then they will most probably end up arguing with the 'fans' most of the time. If they adhere to it, their games will most likely become bland clone or copy of similar games but with different characters and settings. It's a catch 22.
I could write a huge essay about my annoyance with templates, having played hundreds of normal, adult, and vn games, but I will keep it short:
  • Kinda agree about sloppy seconds (except for milfs).
  • NTR is off the table (too divisive),
  • Submissive girls are a must, either from the start, or develop from the story, but it does tend to excite more than hard-to-get (ironically because it is the opposite in real life - but we are gaming here)
  • "No bisexual girls in harem" - that's a hard disagree from me (not to you, just in general). Though, with MC's permission
  • Not very familiar with 'communities' and what upsets them. Need to read up on them a bit to understand, but at the same time, the Steam adult community has a bit different Persona than F95. Either way, both are important for good releases
Consider it more of my thoughts on the matter, I will definitely keep it on the back burner as I am writing scenes.

Regarding virtue signaling, I don't really have numbers but I do see now and then posts about it, but I know that a handful of members pre-emptively filter out games with rape and/or prostitution tags. Perhaps slave too but I don't know much about such games to be honest. One thing for sure, there are audiences for such contents but their numbers are sketchy. Probably, Raptus is a good baseline for such game?
This is super good info, I need to think about it ... Guess I will run some numbers and see what the data dictates. Based on what I read from you, I will tear down the 'slave' & 'prostitution' system, and for the rest, need to revise my notes and think about ... Hard choice, honestly

Regarding Depraved Awakening. That game was legendary to many here:D. It contains controversial contents but those are very light and only side contents I say. The main theme is always incest ( and harem probably ), vanilla stuff. Also, this game was released back then where there aren't that many adult VN games, so players have limited choices. Fast forward to today, there are already 20K games on this site and every month there are like 10 - 20 new games release. The playerbase is diluted across so many games. What I mean to say is that Depraved Awakening is not a good baseline suited for today social and economic climate. Might need to check out a few of those recently released games with 'controversial' contents for references:unsure:?
I am just a fanboy since this game was the one that really showed me that adult games can be something deeper than a fuckfest, what I thought originally. I played so many games recently to get a hang of the existing ecosystem that I feel horny 24/7, but at the same time - I definitely want to do something different, noir movie-like games, with mechanics in place.

There is one recently release game, Cyber Fuck Dolls which is very unique but I think share a similar core concept with your game, that is the characters can be on different 'routes'. It has over 40 tags and the receptions are positives. Mainly because the allows for customization that if the player like certain kinks then he can programmed the dolls for that kinks. Game does have ( smaller ) story elements to it and not just lewds non-stop.
Hell yeah - that game is lit af! ApeStudios knows his stuff.

You can consider my game similar style-wise to that (more noir & contrast lightning), with more story & interactive elements. It's another catch 22, they make great stuff, but monetizing & publishing it on platforms will be a miracle, because of how restrictive and unpredictable content moderation policies are.

Let's not even start on the PC culture, lol.

I hope I shared enough ( not complete ) useful data regarding tags, games & community relationship with you ( based on my years of observations and interactions with the community ). Take it with a grain of salt since I am neither an expert nor spokeperson for the community.

Personally, I like developers who just make games that they like and passionate about, the way they want it, because I like playing different or unique games. On the contrary, developers who tries or even tries hard to please everyone above their passion or vision, usually end up failing big time.
I've seen a lot in game dev, being pretty deeply involved in the Canadian gaming scene (the reason for being anonymous), and while reverse engineering from data & market is super important, you need to strike a balance, rather than blindly following data or community templates. On the other hand, templates are comfortable for people that just want to see something spicy, so it's a balance, like everything.

Regarding the information organization and presentation, I have no idea how best to deal with it though. My first instinct is to suggest an in-game codex/library where players can access while playing i.e. all inclusive in the game but the biggest drawback is that it will take considerable amount of development time to get it right and its ongoing update. It helps to reduce a lot repeated questions from the players, but there will still be queries though because not everyone reads stuff. Every now and then there are still players who posted in game thread "aww I didn't see xyz tags before playing" etc. because there are quite a number ( minority ) of players who just looking at the pictures in the OP, like the girl or girls and just download, play without knowing:ROFLMAO:.
All good points, I will trim down the story as what you mentioned in last comments. I definitely don't want to waste time on useless dev work no one is going to check.

I decided to make a second thread where the information will be super sweet, short & lewd, and I will keep this place a bit more detailed. This way you get 2 forum entries, so not the worst deal :)

Take your time and don't rush the demo/first release. It is very important because it is the make or break moment for many developers on this site. It needs to hook, excite and incite interest without too much information, sprinkle with mysteries and probably end with a cliff-hanger or plot twist at the end;). Probaly you need to interact and/observe the community in general a little bit more before release as well, to familiar yourself with their lingo, nuance, idiosyncracy etc., to understand your potential audience better. You can't just take my words above to be fact. One thing I know, some factions in the community are really harsh most of the times even towards new developers and considering your account was made May 2020, you won't be spared because you are considered to be a zone veteran ( 2+ years ).
I earned many calluses on my hands playing many games here ... just haven't been involved in leaving messages. Now it's the opposite, obviously, since I need to build up some rep here.

The demo will be f*ing lit, fully voiced, with custom music, cool UI management system, and of course, great renders! Probably!

Well, you know, it's all in my head, and some of it in code. Just need to put it all in place. Surprisingly, I am making more progress than I thought I would, despite having to build up a social presence as well. If I can just get some money flowing in to get a trustworthy person to set up the renders, that would be a game-changer, but it is obviously too much to ask without a demo. But yeah, the demo must be solid af, communities can be unforgiving of bad releases, I know I am.

Lastly I forgot to mention before, regarding the Redemption, Corruption and Anarchy routes. Typically, these 3 routes appeals to different types of players so it is advisable each updates/releases are planned structuredly. For example, you can do long cycle ( 3 months update ) which covers contents on all 3 routes. Alternatively, short cycle ( 1 month update ) which only cover 1 route per update. Without prior and clear communication, some players of specific route might get disappointed if there is no content for their route. It is not a big deal really but it is best not to disappoint the players because it can lead to other negativity outlook towards the game itself. This is based on my observation of mistakes some developers made.
Lol, exactly what I've been planning, my demo will have all 3 fully fleshed out playthroughts, and then I will estimate the time required for each route to estimate cycles, and decide from there. There is value in both, but doing it route by route, technically, is easier (due to the variable management systems and a bunch of bools you need to have in place).

In a perfect world, the demo is out, can find some backers, I can get their feedback, and make decisions from there.

But we are not in a perfect world, so let's see!

Thanks for taking time. That has been insanely useful, I will start integrating the advice!

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I am legit surprised to hear that forced things are not mainstream here. I will definitely pivot to a bit more softcore, but I want to keep some forced content in place. I wonder if some sort of an "almost rape" is a tag ... This will make it easier to monetize, too ... You gave me a lot to think about in that area, I might revisit my scenario and trim some edges.
There is no "almost rape" and rape only applies to non-consensual sex. I would say sexual violence or just violence in general but there are no tags like that. Full list here. IMO the forced content you want to include fits the Anarchy and/or Corruption routes, by default they are easily avoidable, so they should be fine for the majority.

Not very familiar with 'communities' and what upsets them. Need to read up on them a bit to understand, but at the same time, the Steam adult community has a bit different Persona than F95. Either way, both are important for good releases
Yeah, Steam community in general is different kind of beast. Here, mostly the vocal groups are incest, harem, vanilla, and ntr. No one really knows what actually upsets them though, but usually showing pussies, titties and asses can calm them down a bit:ROFLMAO:.

This is super good info, I need to think about it ... Guess I will run some numbers and see what the data dictates. Based on what I read from you, I will tear down the 'slave' & 'prostitution' system, and for the rest, need to revise my notes and think about ... Hard choice, honestly
The 'slave' is one I am not familiar at all. However 'prostitution' does appeal to quite a following, especially around the theme of brothel managament or pimping your ho. Games like Pale Carnations and Wicked Rogue REFINE are well received.

All good points, I will trim down the story as what you mentioned in last comments. I definitely don't want to waste time on useless dev work no one is going to check.

I decided to make a second thread where the information will be super sweet, short & lewd, and I will keep this place a bit more detailed. This way you get 2 forum entries, so not the worst deal :)
Nice. Keep it precise and simple(y).

You can consider my game similar style-wise to that (more noir & contrast lightning), with more story & interactive elements. It's another catch 22, they make great stuff, but monetizing & publishing it on platforms will be a miracle, because of how restrictive and unpredictable content moderation policies are.
I earned many calluses on my hands playing many games here ... just haven't been involved in leaving messages. Now it's the opposite, obviously, since I need to build up some rep here.

The demo will be f*ing lit, fully voiced, with custom music, cool UI management system, and of course, great renders! Probably!

Well, you know, it's all in my head, and some of it in code. Just need to put it all in place. Surprisingly, I am making more progress than I thought I would, despite having to build up a social presence as well. If I can just get some money flowing in to get a trustworthy person to set up the renders, that would be a game-changer, but it is obviously too much to ask without a demo. But yeah, the demo must be solid af, communities can be unforgiving of bad releases, I know I am.
Lol, exactly what I've been planning, my demo will have all 3 fully fleshed out playthroughts, and then I will estimate the time required for each route to estimate cycles, and decide from there. There is value in both, but doing it route by route, technically, is easier (due to the variable management systems and a bunch of bools you need to have in place).

In a perfect world, the demo is out, can find some backers, I can get their feedback, and make decisions from there.

But we are not in a perfect world, so let's see!

Thanks for taking time. That has been insanely useful, I will start integrating the advice!
Nice(y). Looking forward for more previews, sneak peeks before the imminent release of the demo!

One thing I totally forgot before is follow up on the MC. Saya is a tomboyish female Chimera but she is not the protagonist, right? I'm fine with either but male protag clearly wins the popularity contest.

Probably you already aware or not, but there is a dedicated thread for developers to ask for assistance here.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
I will reach out for any extra questions, thanks a lot!

Probably you already aware or not, but there is a dedicated thread for developers to ask for assistance here.
The biggest help I need right now is time, but I don't think this thread will be able to provide it ... Good to know, though, already joined a couple of cool dev channels.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Related to rape tags & contents.
Check out DeadMoon Survival ( I have not followed this game closely though ), from what I can gather from quick browsing, the game had rape contents in the form of monster sex as bad ending/game over up until v0.5. However, such contents had created big contention points among the fans, developers and content creator platform ( Patreon ), resulting the developer to remove all such contents from the game in v0.5.5 onwards ( the bad ending/game over are still there I think but the monster sex are not shown to the players ). Full statement by the developer here.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Related to rape tags & contents.
Check out DeadMoon Survival ( I have not followed this game closely though ), from what I can gather from quick browsing, the game had rape contents in the form of monster sex as bad ending/game over up until v0.5. However, such contents had created big contention points among the fans, developers and content creator platform ( Patreon ), resulting the developer to remove all such contents from the game in v0.5.5 onwards ( the bad ending/game over are still there I think but the monster sex are not shown to the players ). Full statement by the developer here.
You are a hero for sending it, thanks, this is SO USEFUL. The decision is made - rape content is cut and will be replaced with mind control, which still fits the story and anarchy route well enough. This isn't a one-off game for me, as I am planning to make a series intended for publishing on Steam, continuous and high fidelity, with a world that has room for growth and to tell more stories. Of course, sex content is still primary, and the sex scenes I have been rendering are VERY spicy.

Additionally, prostitution and slavery are cut as well upon revisiting the scenario. Both are now replaced with mind control, and the in-game events will define Anarchy as an infringement on someone's will. I think this still keeps the game dark while giving the players seeking darker pleasures some level of outlet.

On the other hand, I am now in consideration of adding BDSM - but this is one of the topics I need to see how the community tends to react and whether consensual BDSM leaves any bad taste for distributors.

The game will revolve around either building a harem through redemption, corruption or anarchy ('mind control') means, or seeking to build a singular relationship, all of which would have different impacts on the story.

I feel good about the decision.

• Yay, new update!

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
You are a hero for sending it, thanks, this is SO USEFUL. The decision is made - rape content is cut and will be replaced with mind control, which still fits the story and anarchy route well enough. This isn't a one-off game for me, as I am planning to make a series intended for publishing on Steam, continuous and high fidelity, with a world that has room for growth and to tell more stories. Of course, sex content is still primary, and the sex scenes I have been rendering are VERY spicy.

Additionally, prostitution and slavery are cut as well upon revisiting the scenario. Both are now replaced with mind control, and the in-game events will define Anarchy as an infringement on someone's will. I think this still keeps the game dark while giving the players seeking darker pleasures some level of outlet.
Nice. I am glad to help and be helpful. IMO, it is good also for you to cut out some kinks especially main course kinks so that it is easier to develop and the game routes are well-defined and focused. Basically there are 3 routes:
1. Redemption - Vanilla
2. Corruption - Blackmail
3. Anarchy - Mind Control

IMO, it will be easier for you to explain the game, write the story, and also easy for the players to choose or not to choose from, for a game with branching routes and/or storylines.

On the other hand, I am now in consideration of adding BDSM - but this is one of the topics I need to see how the community tends to react and whether consensual BDSM leaves any bad taste for distributors.
This one is also foreign to me. Some things that I am aware of are:
1. There are interests and fans albeit small in number
2. Not many games have it as proper main course and most are just light bdsm for side contents
3. Probably not many developer know exactly how to exploit this kink
I think the reason there is very little bdsm themed game that I know of simply because there aren't many. Many games with heavy bdsm theme end up being abandoned because IMO it didn't gain enough support financially. Majority of the popular games with bdsm tags falls with #2 i.e. not the main theme, side contents or just for specific or limited characters.

One developer that is notorious for femdom and/or bdsm contents is Darktoz, known for The Shadow Over Blackmore.

Bonus: One developer that is focused on corruption, blackmail & mind control games, MiloHaze FetishFactory ( Enslaver - The Beginning, Enslaver - Dark Path and Enslaver - Dark Path Part Two ).

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Nice. I am glad to help and be helpful. IMO, it is good also for you to cut out some kinks especially main course kinks so that it is easier to develop and the game routes are well-defined and focused. Basically there are 3 routes:
1. Redemption - Vanilla
2. Corruption - Blackmail
3. Anarchy - Mind Control
Makes perfect sense to me, I've been thinking the same thing.

IMO, it will be easier for you to explain the game, write the story, and also easy for the players to choose or not to choose from, for a game with branching routes and/or storylines.

This one is also foreign to me. Some things that I am aware of are:
1. There are interests and fans albeit small in number
2. Not many games have it as proper main course and most are just light bdsm for side contents
3. Probably not many developer know exactly how to exploit this kink
I think the reason there is very little bdsm themed game that I know of simply because there aren't many. Many games with heavy bdsm theme end up being abandoned because IMO it didn't gain enough support financially. Majority of the popular games with bdsm tags falls with #2 i.e. not the main theme, side contents or just for specific or limited characters.
Honestly, I've been checking assets on Renderotica, and realized they have lots of awesome Gen9 BDSM stuff, that's why it suddenly got me excited :)

One developer that is notorious for femdom and/or bdsm contents is Darktoz, known for The Shadow Over Blackmore.
Wow, this is my type of game, downloading ASAP. The dev is obviously inspired by my favorite game ever, which is Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines (what also inspired me to make this game).

Bonus: One developer that is focused on corruption, blackmail & mind control games, MiloHaze FetishFactory ( Enslaver - The Beginning, Enslaver - Dark Path and Enslaver - Dark Path Part Two ).
Already played those, pretty good :D

• Yay, new update!