JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
The OP looks good, it is very aligned with all the best OPs on this site. It provides all the necessary elements and information, the rest is up for players to discover.

One small remark regarding Archer, the MC. I think there will be small number of players that will 'object' to his hair being white or gray, particularly those player who self-insert and/or self-identify with the MC. However, personally for me, it ( the hair color ) fits the MC well. It serves as a distinguishable, easily identifiable and visible trait that he is not exactly human ( he is a chimera afterall ). This reminds me a lot of Geralt of Rivia, from The Witcher series.

Looking forward to next weekend. No pressure though, takes as much time as needed!

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
The OP looks good, it is very aligned with all the best OPs on this site. It provides all the necessary elements and information, the rest is up for players to discover.

One small remark regarding Archer, the MC. I think there will be small number of players that will 'object' to his hair being white or gray, particularly those player who self-insert and/or self-identify with the MC. However, personally for me, it ( the hair color ) fits the MC well. It serves as a distinguishable, easily identifiable and visible trait that he is not exactly human ( he is a chimera afterall ). This reminds me a lot of Geralt of Rivia, from The Witcher series.

Looking forward to next weekend. No pressure though, takes as much time as needed!
Thanks! Did a bit of research and tried to align it as things are getting prepped to post it on the game page of the website (and to put it on Steam and start collecting wishlists - the dream).

I did encounter some issues with voice-overs, discovering one slightly unexpected limitation of the approach I am using. And also, I realized that one of the anatomical models doesn't have a matching color to the character's skin, so now I have to learn how to match them in Photoshop... AND I learned better render techniques, so I decided to redo all renders starting from scene 3 (like 120+ renders). It is annoying, but it's learning, I guess. Those damn LOADING TIMES for Daz.

I know it's a weird hill to die on about hair color, but I:

1) Just always preferred the white hair vibe (when I play games, my characters M/F always have it), and
2) Tired of self-insert MC models with black hair (not that I am necessarily against it, but between the two, I decided to go for what I wanted)

I specifically added the high-contrast inferno eyes / white hair / slightly tan skin to the player to have a visual differentiation. Of course, I try to make all characters distinct, but there are limits, so I wanted to have a clear line between MC /// others.

JohnF95zone Also, I've been toying with the idea of not having males in the game almost at all (maybe some supporting like a dumb character - but I feel like fem can fulfill the role as well), which saves me modeling time and allows me to introduce more steamy scenes and 'potential' future developments ... Do you have some thoughts on that? I am still kinda 60/40

If the game doesn't end up being shit (you never know until someone plays it, learned it the hard way), I would rather make one very long series developing one world than make a bunch of smaller games. Especially since I like my overall script and world, which is kind of a mesh of different books/stories I have written over some time.

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
Hello, I'm not really one to comment on threads but this game has potential, especially when it comes to science fiction since there are hardly any very good games of that genre but this one really seems very promising due to its story and its dev, at least for Now, then you will always have to try it... honestly, I haven't read everything much simply to avoid spoiling myself, but I liked the chimeras a lot, do you plan to give them a hierarchy? Chimeras style range: S,SS,SSS... example : the mc and that girl in the pink dress could be rank SSS (of which there would be perhaps very few) and then there would be the other characters who would be SS or S and with aspirations to perhaps one day become SSS (some might others not) , who determines that? government or who is in charge within the world of chimera, the same people for whom the mc works? (sorry if you already explained it, I did not want to spoil myself to maintain the hype), what would determine the rank? skills and battles that the chimera has... example: the mc would be SSS for balance between both things, the girl in pink would only be mostly for her ability, there may be someone who is only for battle (in any case, there wouldn't be many SSS ranks as I said for give it more exclusivity, maybe it's only 5-7 and the mc is one of those on the podium), small details that wouldn't change much from what you already have in mind but would give a lot of richness to reading the story in my opinion... nice renders, interesting story and I like that you are ambitious with your game, many people can create games, but few create good games. And don't worry that some of us read your reports hehe, when the game comes out you will receive many more opinions, good luck with the dev project. Keep it up. PS: sorry to use the translator, english is not my first language

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hello, I'm not really one to comment on threads but this game has potential, especially when it comes to science fiction since there are hardly any very good games of that genre but this one really seems very promising due to its story and its dev, at least for Now, then you will always have to try it... honestly, I haven't read everything much simply to avoid spoiling myself, but I liked the chimeras a lot, do you plan to give them a hierarchy? Chimeras style range: S,SS,SSS... example : the mc and that girl in the pink dress could be rank SSS (of which there would be perhaps very few) and then there would be the other characters who would be SS or S and with aspirations to perhaps one day become SSS (some might others not) , who determines that? government or who is in charge within the world of chimera, the same people for whom the mc works? (sorry if you already explained it, I did not want to spoil myself to maintain the hype), what would determine the rank? skills and battles that the chimera has... example: the mc would be SSS for balance between both things, the girl in pink would only be mostly for her ability, there may be someone who is only for battle (in any case, there wouldn't be many SSS ranks as I said for give it more exclusivity, maybe it's only 5-7 and the mc is one of those on the podium), small details that wouldn't change much from what you already have in mind but would give a lot of richness to reading the story in my opinion... nice renders, interesting story and I like that you are ambitious with your game, many people can create games, but few create good games. And don't worry that some of us read your reports hehe, when the game comes out you will receive many more opinions, good luck with the dev project. Keep it up. PS: sorry to use the translator, english is not my first language
Welcome!
Dude, no offense to you but, you say that you don't want spoiler but then you asked exactly that "spoiler about the story":p. Okay, just a small spoiler but that piece of information ( Chimera hierarchy ) can be a big plot device.

Anyway, anyone is welcome here to give their opinions, encouragements and supports among other things. Although, it is best not to get too much into the details of the story and/or lore, which is more satisfying by actually playing the game. I interacted with the FunDi, the developer on this development thread mostly about the game itself, prinarily the technical aspects. I never directly ask about the story/lore because I save it for when I play the game, soon, very soon.

... and yes, there aren't that many good science fiction adult games, and this has huge potential:D.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks! Did a bit of research and tried to align it as things are getting prepped to post it on the game page of the website (and to put it on Steam and start collecting wishlists - the dream).
Very nice work indeed!

I did encounter some issues with voice-overs, discovering one slightly unexpected limitation of the approach I am using. And also, I realized that one of the anatomical models doesn't have a matching color to the character's skin, so now I have to learn how to match them in Photoshop... AND I learned better render techniques, so I decided to redo all renders starting from scene 3 (like 120+ renders). It is annoying, but it's learning, I guess. Those damn LOADING TIMES for Daz.
Ouchhh... but take your time, polish it well for your baby game prime time debut:D.

know it's a weird hill to die on about hair color, but I:

1) Just always preferred the white hair vibe (when I play games, my characters M/F always have it), and
2) Tired of self-insert MC models with black hair (not that I am necessarily against it, but between the two, I decided to go for what I wanted)

I specifically added the high-contrast inferno eyes / white hair / slightly tan skin to the player to have a visual differentiation. Of course, I try to make all characters distinct, but there are limits, so I wanted to have a clear line between MC /// others.
It is not going to be big issue, only very small number of players who might be put off with it, but I believe most players understand the motivation and/or rationale behind it, visual differentiation.

@JohnF95zone Also, I've been toying with the idea of not having males in the game almost at all (maybe some supporting like a dumb character - but I feel like fem can fulfill the role as well), which saves me modeling time and allows me to introduce more steamy scenes and 'potential' future developments ... Do you have some thoughts on that? I am still kinda 60/40

If the game doesn't end up being shit (you never know until someone plays it, learned it the hard way), I would rather make one very long series developing one world than make a bunch of smaller games. Especially since I like my overall script and world, which is kind of a mesh of different books/stories I have written over some time.
This is very interesting. On one hand, it resonates well with majority players especially since it gives the impression that the MC is also required to 're-populate' what remains of the civiliation since there is hardly no male left;). Making the side characters as female also give another advantage, that is they are the avoidable optional side girls that MC can have sexy time with ( even just once, better if repeatable ), which won't be possible if the side characters are male.

On the other hand, it is less likely but still believable ( that there are very few men left compared to women ) and I think this one was used quite often already. You could say that there are very few chimera men alive, like for example 1:1000 ( okay maybe that is too low:ROFLMAO: ). Secondly, it kinda defeats the purpose of visual differentiation before:unsure:. If there aren't that many men, the MC doesn't really to be 'strikingly' different ( but I understand the need for the MC to stand out compared to other MCs from other games ).

If you want to go this route ( almost no other men ) it is fine too and you don't have to re-render Archer so that he has different hair color and/or style, or anything like that. Hear out what the players and supporters feedbacks, only change the MC appearance ( not the face ) based on what majority wants for example. It is not that weird for MC to change hair color and/or style, but yes it is uncommon, perfectly fine to do it.

On a somewhat related note, considering that this game will have 3 routes, I kinda have this idea that "what if the MC's appearance change depending on the route". It can start simple by just different clothes for example, but the idea is that there is visual clue about which route the MC is on. Not sure how complex it is going to be. Traditionally this mean that the game will have 3 different sets of renders but I think there are techniques to accomplish that without 3 sets of renders ( not sure what it is called, layering or masking? ). Basically, there is a base image, and there 3 other smaller images ( for example just for the hair/head ), the smaller image is then placed on top of the base image. LOL that's the best description I can give. But yeah, it is a cool attention to detail feature ( at least in my head IMO ) but not sure if it is worth it:p.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
It kinda reminds of a couple vn's I played with supernaturals that good story and renders like rebirth,The Bite:Revenant
Okay, I have not played those but aren't those vampire themed games? I honestly don't know what a chimera is ( mutant perhaps? ) but I want to find out, by playing the game when it is released, soon, very soon. Although, I doubt it is related to vampire IMO.

Yes, the renders looks nice, but can't say for sure about the story yet ( potentially good and hope for the best as well, fingers crossed(y) ).

Sep 13, 2020
Okay, I have not played those but aren't those vampire themed games? I honestly don't know what a chimera is ( mutant perhaps? ) but I want to find out, by playing the game when it is released, soon, very soon. Although, I doubt it is related to vampire IMO.

Yes, the renders looks nice, but can't say for sure about the story yet ( potentially good and hope for the best as well, fingers crossed(y) ).
I am saying the story might be good not the vampire thing I just get a gut feeling this vn will have the same flow and structure and same quality like those Vn's do so call it intuition.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Hell yeah, people are talking to each other. Welcome everyone!
Hello, I'm not really one to comment on threads but this game has potential, especially when it comes to science fiction ...
Before I started developing this game, I also never bothered to leave messages on this forum, and now I realize it's pretty fun. The game is more of a sci-fi/noir, but I am integrating the 'high-tech elements', got a bunch of really good assets

For characters, the classification system is what I have been working on. It will be a part of the ChimeraPad interface & the management system, the various 'ranks' that lets you take certain actions for the characters. It makes more sense when you play the demo (that I am currently finishing). Naming is a bit difficult so it doesn't sound cringe :D

... and you are about to see way more characters, all of my game images like banners/promos will soon be updated.

Haha, no problem...they are more like rhetorical questions just to try to explain myself hehe, I've also had one more idea but for now I just wanted to give that greetings(y)
That's always welcome!

... and yes, there aren't that many good science fiction adult games, and this has huge potential:D.
Welp, if the demo is bad, I will be pretty embarrassed :D I feel like all pieces come together well, and my biggest concern would be how people react to my writing, which is def non-standard.

And your feedback has been super useful!

It kinda reminds of a couple vn's I played with supernaturals that good story and renders like rebirth,The Bite:Revenant
Oh, that looks pretty nice, will check it out. I'm a big fun of vampire/supernatural genres, and VERY annoyed that it isn't mainstream enough.

I am saying the story might be good not the vampire thing I just get a gut feeling this vn will have the same flow and structure and same quality like those Vn's do so call it intuition.
I feel like a lot of people that make Vampire games were mostly inspired by Vampire Masquerade games (my favorite), so there might be certain stylistic similarities, because it's perfect

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Ouchhh... but take your time, polish it well for your baby game prime time debut:D.
I am 'creatively' getting around some problems lol

On one hand, it resonates well with majority players especially since it gives the impression that the MC is also required to 're-populate' what remains of the civiliation since there is hardly no male left;). Making the side characters as female also give another advantage, that is they are the avoidable optional side girls that MC can have sexy time with ( even just once, better if repeatable ), which won't be possible if the side characters are male.

On the other hand, it is less likely but still believable ( that there are very few men left compared to women ) and I think this one was used quite often already. You could say that there are very few chimera men alive, like for example 1:1000 ( okay maybe that is too low:ROFLMAO: ). Secondly, it kinda defeats the purpose of visual differentiation before:unsure:. If there aren't that many men, the MC doesn't really to be 'strikingly' different ( but I understand the need for the MC to stand out compared to other MCs from other games ).

If you want to go this route ( almost no other men ) it is fine too and you don't have to re-render Archer so that he has different hair color and/or style, or anything like that. Hear out what the players and supporters feedbacks, only change the MC appearance ( not the face ) based on what majority wants for example. It is not that weird for MC to change hair color and/or style, but yes it is uncommon, perfectly fine to do it.
It's not really a model question, I designed 5 male models already when I was in the character planning stage, it's mostly a question of whether it's worth the effort ... It doesn't affect the demo much, but I'll keep thinking.

AllCharacters_Male.png

Ehhh, I'll leave the decision for later, maybe like 1 or 2 Ms. Not sure about the whole repopulation thing, but I like the thought that everyone you meet can become a potential love interest. This one needs some testing/research

On a somewhat related note, considering that this game will have 3 routes, I kinda have this idea that "what if the MC's appearance change depending on the route". It can start simple by just different clothes for example, but the idea is that there is visual clue about which route the MC is on. Not sure how complex it is going to be. Traditionally this mean that the game will have 3 different sets of renders but I think there are techniques to accomplish that without 3 sets of renders ( not sure what it is called, layering or masking? ). Basically, there is a base image, and there 3 other smaller images ( for example just for the hair/head ), the smaller image is then placed on top of the base image. LOL that's the best description I can give. But yeah, it is a cool attention to detail feature ( at least in my head IMO ) but not sure if it is worth it:p.
It's not 3 routes, it's 3 directions where you can take choices, but there are also alignment systems that affect what routes you can pursue (relating to factions). So it's factions/alignment.

Your idea is pretty much integrated but in a different way - instead of a different look of a character, the character will have a varied look of his Thought Sanctuary (mind palace, whatever you call it) that will affect the plot and provide additional options depending on its state.

This one is a little difficult, so I will give a glimpse on it during demo (part of the main plot), and will be working harder on it post-demo.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Ehhh, I'll leave the decision for later, maybe like 1 or 2 Ms. Not sure about the whole repopulation thing, but I like the thought that everyone you meet can become a potential love interest. This one needs some testing/research
Yes, this can be deferred to later, since it is not hard fact.

It's not 3 routes, it's 3 directions where you can take choices, but there are also alignment systems that affect what routes you can pursue (relating to factions). So it's factions/alignment.
Yes, correct, not routes just my bad using the wrong term. Alignment is the right choice. I just use the term route loosely to refer to that, considering there will be scene variations depending on which alignment.

Your idea is pretty much integrated but in a different way - instead of a different look of a character, the character will have a varied look of his Thought Sanctuary (mind palace, whatever you call it) that will affect the plot and provide additional options depending on its state.

This one is a little difficult, so I will give a glimpse on it during demo (part of the main plot), and will be working harder on it post-demo.
Yeah, that works too. It is not a must 'feature' to be in game. The simplest way this can be implemented is just by changing the font styling of the speaker/narrator depending on the alignment. Simple but any new feature can introduce new bugs:(. One good thing is that it helps with play testing. Much better solution would be with HUD that shows the alignment and some other stats as well ( more complex but cooler ).

Reactions: rKnight

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
I have chosen to spoil myself and I must agree with the previous comment that repopulating the earth may not be something very new, also the fact that there are few men is a bit forced... I like chimeras but I think the story is a little weak... the almost post-apocalyptic world is fine (although perhaps too few people), the chimeras are interesting, the paths that the mc can take throughout history are fine... but the rest I don't like too convincing, the story personally needs a lot of sugar and more depth, for now it could just be one more vn of the post-apocalypse harem sadly

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
I have chosen to spoil myself and I must agree with the previous comment that repopulating the earth may not be something very new, also the fact that there are few men is a bit forced... I like chimeras but I think the story is a little weak... the almost post-apocalyptic world is fine (although perhaps too few people), the chimeras are interesting, the paths that the mc can take throughout history are fine... but the rest I don't like too convincing, the story personally needs a lot of sugar and more depth, for now it could just be one more vn of the post-apocalypse harem sadly
I've barely posted any story-related elements here so that the thread doesn't turn into a wall of text. I'm considering adding Lore Book into the game interface as well to give deeper overviews for anyone interested in the world. The thread up to the point has primarily been about mechanics & architecture of the game. The story will follow a journey of introducing characters while giving some overview of the world, and then jumping into the story once the player is familiar with the cast and feels ready to start exploring and learning more.

I always have impulses to write a million words per scene, but have to keep it limited to maintain a good pace and not turn it into a slow-burner. That will be tested when I release, what sort of depth works best for an average user interest.

PS A lot of first/old comments are outdated as the development has been going on.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
That sounds a little better, even so I have faith in it, we will have to wait for its release. Success(y)

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
As per my communications with FunDi so far, I have this impression that he had built this comprehensive game universe ( centered around chimera ), probably written somewhere, some are posted on this game thread itself, but at the very least in his mind. The earlier posts are mainly focused on the 'world-building' aspects, which is where I came in univited:ROFLMAO: to shift the focus towards what majority of adult games players are looking for. The major takeaway is that the 'world-building' will be unveiled and explored more in the game itself. I provided as much input as accurate as I can to the best of my ability, so that the designed or intended gaming experience aligns nicely with the expectations of the targeted audiences of this game.

As for the story, I believe that FunDi has the overall general 'framework', but the specifics and details are still up in the air, tweaks here and there.

Most of the posts on this thread are about game design, architecture, hardware, software, things like musics, overview of in-game communication system ( emails, ChimeraPad ) among others. Pretty much everyone is welcome to give feedbacks and opinions on the posted contents so far. Of course, the initial feedbacks are less valuable compared to the responses when the demo is released:p, but sometimes it can give FunDi some ideas of what to expect. Think of it like a rehearsal.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
I think the story just needs that touch of sugar that makes the player say "I'm not going to skip this, it could be important",the rest is very good
Talking about it in my responses below, but yes, I realize that it is important to give players hints/guides whether their decisions actually matter, still thinking how to 'teach' it to the player without being too intrusive into the gameplay.

..., which is where I came in univited:ROFLMAO: ...
Your feedback has been super helpful in allowing me to cut out stuff that doesn't matter or make improvements. I don't think I would be at this point without your advice - definitely with a shittier game.

As for the story, I believe that FunDi has the overall general 'framework', but the specifics and details are still up in the air, tweaks here and there.
And yes, I have a large spreadsheet/doc where I have written down characters, traits, choices, stories, twists, major/minor decisions, alignments, the lore of the game, etc. You can think about it as a book, but all over the place.

I always loved the concepts of Malkavians from Vampire Masquerade, so I've integrated something similar into the game, which becomes apparent after Scene 4. I think it's cool to have a narrative of you as a hero, and a secondary narrative (supportive or contrarian) coming from someone living inside your head.

That's pretty much what the first chapter is about - how it happens and what it means for Archer.

Most of the posts on this thread are about game design, architecture, hardware, software, things like musics, overview of in-game communication system ( emails, ChimeraPad ) among others. Pretty much everyone is welcome to give feedbacks and opinions on the posted contents so far. Of course, the initial feedbacks are less valuable compared to the responses when the demo is released:p, but sometimes it can give FunDi some ideas of what to expect. Think of it like a rehearsal.
Exactly, and to articulate the point, there are a couple of purposes behind posting all this granular/game-related stuff:

1) Duh - gain visibility for the game
2) Get early feedback so you can prioritize important / unimportant / bad / game-failing things and either pivot, get rid off them, etc. (like how I wanted a cheating/prostitution system but got rid of it understanding that it will detract the core audience I am looking to attract)
3) Helps the person writing the post (aka me, FunDi) to word the thoughts in my head properly and put them in writing, which sort of crystallizes the concept and allows it to develop into a feature/mechanic/whatever, and get immediate feedback.

Funny thing: did the same thing in real life. Sent a couple of screenshots to a couple of my fellow game devs, a lot of them were like, "wtf, adult games are porn", but one thought it was cool, and I have irl person helping me now, which is great. You never know if you don't post this thing.

f95zone community is amazing this way - for mainstream games, it is SO DAMN HARD to get feedback, and here I get so much.

And the most important pivotal 100% life/death point, of course, is to rack up those Patreon numbers so I can cut back on my full-time job . Kidding not kidding sort of thing :D

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
By the way, FunDi, before when I told you about the hierarchies you told me about the chimerapad (I didn't know what you were referring to, now I know), but when I asked you about the hierarchies I was referring more to them within the story, that is, it has to do with it with dialogues and history that the characters narrate, for example when he explains that the chimera world is, that's what I was referring to when he talks about hierarchy... Jhon had understood it, that's why he liked the idea
Ah, I gotcha, Tier approach (hierarchy/rank/whatever I end up calling it) indeed makes sense, but I want to integrate it a little deeper so it's not just story but also a part of the management system.

I coded the database that tracks those characteristics, and planning around how to approach it both from narrative & mini-game perspective

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I think Zero- is telling about the lore/worldbuilding through storytelling, by using the "show don't tell" technique ( or similar ), and avoid using the 'exposition' heavy ( where a narrator usually the MC just tells everything about chimera, different types, ranks etc. ).

I mention something similar ( without any example ) briefly and perhaps very vaguely in one of my posts. I don't intend to influence the story or storytelling, which is why I haven't brought this topic before, because I will be judging it when I play:p. I will make the assessment how good the story and storytelling are ( of course subjective opinions ). But, regardless how it turns out to be, I will just adjust and align my expectations accordingly. It won't be a big turn off or major no go for me, because almost every aspects of a game can be improved further over time, especially if we give it chance to grow. For me, not all games have to be perfect and really good at story, storytelling and/or visuals & lewds all the time.