Unity Abandoned Chronicles of Forgotten Tears [Steam] [Old Owl]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

OldSoldier

Sep 9, 2022
The script needs some work. Syntax is a bit strange e.g. "years back" as opposed to 'many years ago'; or "Is that you son?...Yes, I'm Derian". In the the latter, there is nothing previous which indicates that his mother is that out of it (especially all the subsequent dialogue) that she cannot recognise him.

Hi Thank you very much I'm trying to fix the things you pointed out.

OldSoldier

Sep 9, 2022

• About 250 images and many videos.
  • The first 1 fights are in the arena city.
  • Bug fix.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Some things i don't get about this game:
1. The sailor says the ship leaves in 20 days, but the counter in the Inn counts from 60 Downwards..
2. The button for "Quest" just opens the map, making the map-button redundant.
3. Where can i see the amount of gold the MC currently has? - The Inventory seems to be still a WIP.
4. I Hope this game is not a grinder type, where you have to spend hours getting enough gold or other resources in order to progress.
5. I like the story so far, but the relationships with grandfathers of grandfathers of cousins etc. are a bit irrirating, as the uncle (brother of mother) of the MC is still alive, Ulrick being the cousin of the Mother must mean that the grandfather of the MCs mom ist also the Grandfather of Ulrick - cousins are children of your parents siblings, so cousins share the same grandparents.
What i really do not get is the conversaton with the healer - his mother protected him from the killers of his father? - What?
Why should they fear her, if they were able to kill her husband...? - If they managed that and she could not prevent it, you would guess that they are dangerous enough not to fear a single witch hiding in the countryside.
So either if she is powerful enough to scare them, why did she not protect his faher? - and if she is not powerful enough to do so then she did not really protect him but simply hide him away... - that fact itself does not need a powerful magician, everyone can hide... so this part of the storyteling is just ridiculous. - Also she told him about some secred heirloom from his faher in her dying breath, and later we just see him with a bag of gold and the documents of ownership of the mansion... you would think if there is some special heirloom from his dead father that his mother kept hidden all those years, it must be important and would be appropriately shown when he first puts his hands on it...?
Sorry, i am a sucker for a good fantasy story and im looking forward to the further plot on this game, but some aspects are just plainly illogical at this point.

Keep up development, i'll surely keep an eye on updates.

OldSoldier

Sep 9, 2022
Hi
thanks for the thorough response I will answer you in line for simplicity since there are so many topics.

Some things i don't get about this game:
1. The sailor says the ship leaves in 20 days, but the counter in the Inn counts from 60 Downwards..
is a mistake, initially I thought 20 gg would be enough but then I got carried away and added a lot of events so I realized that 20 was too few, I have to correct what the sailor says.

2. The button for "Quest" just opens the map, making the map-button redundant.
the quest button is not yet inplemented but will be shortly, the fact that it opens the map is an unintended thing.

3. Where can i see the amount of gold the MC currently has? - The Inventory seems to be still a WIP.
4. I Hope this game is not a grinder type, where you have to spend hours getting enough gold or other resources in order to progress.
The coin mechanics are implemented but actually the UI showing it is not ready yet I will do it soon .
I wanted to reassure you that this is NOT a game where it is necessary to do Grindig

5. I like the story so far, but the relationships with grandfathers of grandfathers of cousins etc. are a bit irrirating, as the uncle (brother of mother) of the MC is still alive, Ulrick being the cousin of the Mother must mean that the grandfather of the MCs mom ist also the Grandfather of Ulrick - cousins are children of your parents siblings, so cousins share the same grandparents.
Yes Urlik's grandfather fathered 2 children the father of KERA and BEON and the father of URLIK.

Kera and his brother leave the village, and then when the father dies all the possessions go to the father's brother (urlik's father )

upon Kera's return urlik's father feels obligated to return at least one of the possessions to Kera.

is there something not quite right as the story is told ? in case let me know

What i really do not get is the conversaton with the healer - his mother protected him from the killers of his father? - What?
Why should they fear her, if they were able to kill her husband...? - If they managed that and she could not prevent it, you would guess that they are dangerous enough not to fear a single witch hiding in the countryside.
So either if she is powerful enough to scare them, why did she not protect his faher? - and if she is not powerful enough to do so then she did not really protect him but simply hide him away... - that fact itself does not need a powerful magician, everyone can hide... so this part of the storyteling is just ridiculous.
On this part I can be a less precise because otherwise I might spoil the ending for you, assuming that your objections are correct.

What you can know is what MC knows.

- the mother is a powerful witch but not as powerful as the father was

- in a moment of danger the father asked his wife to leave with mc because he was concerned for everyone's safety.

- the father is murdered

-the mother returned to her home village (say not the most hidden place in the world).

-the mother always said that as long as she was alive she was safe.

- his mother did not want him[mc] to learn the arcane arts.

- Also she told him about some secred heirloom from his faher in her dying breath, and later we just see him with a bag of gold and the documents of ownership of the mansion... you would think if there is some special heirloom from his dead father that his mother kept hidden all those years, it must be important and would be appropriately shown when he first puts his hands on it...?
The heirloom is a purse, actually I didn't do any rendering in favor of the purse, I'll try to fix that asap
Sorry, i am a sucker for a good fantasy story and im looking forward to the further plot on this game, but some aspects are just plainly illogical at this point.

Keep up development, i'll surely keep an eye on updates.
I thank you for the passion with which you commented on the game :)

By

xxknifeprtyxx

Apr 29, 2018
im confused...do you ever get on the ship? how do you progress fighting? counter went down to 10 and stopped counting down. there are no more interactions in the bar. is this all there is in the game? A "you have reached the end of the current content" message would be nice.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes