4.50 star(s) 29 Votes

ld69

Jun 27, 2019
Happy birthday to her !~ I just play the game from 2 days ago and I beat it with 0 Lust and No Lust level. Pretty fun. I wonder how the achievement works? And would we have the achievement with no getting any Lust(And I'm sure if you want to explore the whole main story line, you would can't avoid getting the lust). But still, Sylia would save the world with pure girl setting!! The damage of the skills might need a little buff I think, because of the late game, using item to deal damage is the most effective way to win the game. But if I don't use item, it feels like a dark-soul like game to me.
How did you beat Pollux with no lust? I keep getting +2 lust just for sitting on the sofa, and I cannot figure out a way to avoid that. Did you just not complete that quest? How about the Ghostbuster quest for Madeleine? I can't see a way to catch the ghost in Kame Village without getting lust.

UncleGra

Aug 12, 2020
How did you beat Pollux with no lust? I keep getting +2 lust just for sitting on the sofa, and I cannot figure out a way to avoid that. Did you just not complete that quest? How about the Ghostbuster quest for Madeleine? I can't see a way to catch the ghost in Kame Village without getting lust.
Yes, No lust run have to skip those.
Finish the ghost mission only let you able to buy Light-ball in shop. Nothing more, not necessary.
I may point out that what should we notice if we go for a no lust run later.

Last edited:

UncleGra

Aug 12, 2020
For the no Lust run, you need to give up some mission that would give you lust.
Lucky, those mission are not important.

First, before you meet your first boss, you would need to get Lv4
and get your skill "Jab" to Lv2 (use it when you farming Lv)
Once you get the Jab-Lv2, Congratulation!! You now have the most powerful skill in the game.
With the Jab-Lv2 , you don't even need to use other skills in the whole game.(except Saint skill "Rain")
Then, you would able to beat the first boss without getting half-naked.

For the next coming battle, those item would help you a lots. Better stock some(15-20 per).
Fire-ball or bomb : Super effective to some monster (Zombie, Slimes, Plants , demon boss and more)
Thunder-ball : Paralyze(low damage). Thunder-bomb : High damage and paralyze.
***Thunder-bomb would be highly recommend in the late game.
Shell potion : usually use before the boss fight or elite monster for a good opening. Use 2 of it per fight.
*You don't really need to buy it because it is quite expensive. Not the first choice.

**Flash-ball is a good item let you slay the Red Foot at Lv9-10 without getting half-naked.(Then, you don't need it)

Last edited:

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
I always had it in mind that we could finish the story by staying pure.
What are the quests where I forced the lust? I'll see if there's another option for 1.0.

Reactions: UncleGra

ld69

Jun 27, 2019
I always had it in mind that we could finish the story by staying pure.
What are the quests where I forced the lust? I'll see if there's another option for 1.0.
So far I've had to skip Pollux (A Freaky Jester quest - which means I also don't get the info necessary to complete The Lost Dog II) and the ghostbuster quest (trapping the ghost in the well in Kame Village). Obviously the hentai quests will be failed too. :ROFLMAO:
Edit: There's also a logical inconsistency with the no lust run right now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Pablim1

Sep 23, 2017
I like the game very much, there is just one thing that bugs me out. the time to save/load (open the save files, actually) is taking forever in my game

francisco89

Feb 29, 2020
the slayer captain lyze tells me: sylvia we're not ready yet to attack the next tower. we must be fully prepared. i did everything but i don't know what i have to do

ld69

Jun 27, 2019
the slayer captain lyze tells me: sylvia we're not ready yet to attack the next tower. we must be fully prepared. i did everything but i don't know what i have to do
That likely means you need to do something to move along the main story in Leridia. Have you gone to see the oracle yet?

Kuboxy

Oct 3, 2018
I don't know if this was brought up before, and I don't know how useful it is to bring up at this point in development. But I still want to bring it up only to scratch my itch, if anything. Before I get started though, I want to say that Chronicles of Leridia is a game that has soul. I can feel how much love and passion Maelion has for this game, and it genuinely makes me happy to play it, and replay it every new update. I enjoy not just the sexy parts of this game, there's plenty of cool things that are just game design done right and sometimes I want to write these down, other times I feel like 95% of people won't care about game design in a smut game.

So now that I've praised the game, and rightfully so imo... I'm really not a fan of how the Tame stat works.

I like its inclusion, and quite enjoy how it can morph scenes. I even like how it isn't tied to which path Sylia takes nor is it tied to Arrogance. Meaning you can mix and match all these things together to play Sylia how you'd want her to be.

One of my favorite scene in the game is there one where Sylia is stuck in the Masa Village barn wall. While my horniness was quite high, I had about 5 Tame points. So the scene started with a confidant Sylia threatening the two guys as they did whatever they wanted with her. Then came the spanking, where every spank added both horniness and tame points. On the third and last spank, I was sent over the "Tame treshold" let's call it, leading Sylia to stop acting tough and submit in the scene itself. Which I found fantastic.

Let me break it down a bit. The "spanking part" doesn't happen if your Tame and Horniness points are high enough. It only happens as a way to potentially push Sylia, aka the player, into the "hotter" scene, whether it's by arousal, submission or both. (Sylia's face gets much lewder if you pass the horniness treshold). Actually I think it only checks Tame points, I'd have to check, but it definitely will acknowledge the horniness stats if it reaches high enough.

So why am I bringing this up? I kinda wish more scenes forgot the Tame requirement, instead using it transformatively. I don't mind how horniness works, because it's really just how horny Sylia feels right now, that's perfectly reasonable. But submissiveness is more of a personality trait.

Especially on a Saint playthrough it just feels punishing to constantly either miss out on scenes or go down a few Whipped Milks because I had to use a Confidence Potion for a boss. More importantly it makes Sylia look pretty crazy at times with how her personallity shifts drastically between scenes, especially in similar cases to mine where I prefer Sylia acting defiant in scenes that allow it, so my tame points are usually kept low.

Scenes like the guy in Kame Village masturbating in front of Sylia in the streets don't require her to be tame, he's not forcing anything on her. The wanderer in Masa Village could have a different scene for non-Tame Sylia (maybe she tells him to fuck of and he ambushes her behind the bar during a night patrol). As a last example (one which I could be wrong about, I'd need to start a new game to check), talking to Benny with both H and T stats at 20 in Masa will enable Sylia to ask him to meet her after dancing, but you'll only need the H stat for the second part. And Benny's barn scene isn't particularly submissive, Sylia is a bit defiant at first about her outfit, lust breaks her down more than anything. So why not remove the Tame requirement and just keep it optional in the conversation (assuming the guide is correct, again, I need to make a new game to check)

I guess what I'm trying to say in this lenghty rant/criticisms of mine is that, in a game that actually does a wonderful job at being open and letting the player experience as many scenes as possible, as seen in the path choice which, initially looks to give Deviant more scenes but Saint does get Defeat scenarios in exchange, the Tame stat feels a bit too restrictive and not as believable to constantably be going up and down, unlike the Horniness stat.

TL;DR I want to play a slutty defiant Sylia and the game is bullying me over this decision and locking scenes away from me, so I'm going to selfishly rant on the internet about it.

Reactions: Maelion

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
Hello. This observation is very interesting and highlights the complexity in creating a system that finds its own limits. Like other mechanics, the Tame and Horniness system suffers from their youth and my inexperience in the project, when they were implemented four years ago.
It is however difficult to go back on a fundamental mechanics. I've done so many scenes with conditions following lust + tame + horniness that even a recollection room would be a headache.

I've given up the Tame and Horniness conditioning scenes temporarily in my new project, which should, through the skills unlocked, make you play scenes related to your final choices, thus shaping the heroine in a coherent way throughout the game.

There's no secret, experience and work allow you to progress.

UncleGra

Aug 12, 2020
I don't know if this was brought up before, and I don't know how useful it is to bring up at this point in development. But I still want to bring it up only to scratch my itch, if anything. Before I get started though, I want to say that Chronicles of Leridia is a game that has soul. I can feel how much love and passion Maelion has for this game, and it genuinely makes me happy to play it, and replay it every new update. I enjoy not just the sexy parts of this game, there's plenty of cool things that are just game design done right and sometimes I want to write these down, other times I feel like 95% of people won't care about game design in a smut game.

So now that I've praised the game, and rightfully so imo... I'm really not a fan of how the Tame stat works.

I like its inclusion, and quite enjoy how it can morph scenes. I even like how it isn't tied to which path Sylia takes nor is it tied to Arrogance. Meaning you can mix and match all these things together to play Sylia how you'd want her to be.

One of my favorite scene in the game is there one where Sylia is stuck in the Masa Village barn wall. While my horniness was quite high, I had about 5 Tame points. So the scene started with a confidant Sylia threatening the two guys as they did whatever they wanted with her. Then came the spanking, where every spank added both horniness and tame points. On the third and last spank, I was sent over the "Tame treshold" let's call it, leading Sylia to stop acting tough and submit in the scene itself. Which I found fantastic.

Let me break it down a bit. The "spanking part" doesn't happen if your Tame and Horniness points are high enough. It only happens as a way to potentially push Sylia, aka the player, into the "hotter" scene, whether it's by arousal, submission or both. (Sylia's face gets much lewder if you pass the horniness treshold). Actually I think it only checks Tame points, I'd have to check, but it definitely will acknowledge the horniness stats if it reaches high enough.

So why am I bringing this up? I kinda wish more scenes forgot the Tame requirement, instead using it transformatively. I don't mind how horniness works, because it's really just how horny Sylia feels right now, that's perfectly reasonable. But submissiveness is more of a personality trait.

Especially on a Saint playthrough it just feels punishing to constantly either miss out on scenes or go down a few Whipped Milks because I had to use a Confidence Potion for a boss. More importantly it makes Sylia look pretty crazy at times with how her personallity shifts drastically between scenes, especially in similar cases to mine where I prefer Sylia acting defiant in scenes that allow it, so my tame points are usually kept low.

Scenes like the guy in Kame Village masturbating in front of Sylia in the streets don't require her to be tame, he's not forcing anything on her. The wanderer in Masa Village could have a different scene for non-Tame Sylia (maybe she tells him to fuck of and he ambushes her behind the bar during a night patrol). As a last example (one which I could be wrong about, I'd need to start a new game to check), talking to Benny with both H and T stats at 20 in Masa will enable Sylia to ask him to meet her after dancing, but you'll only need the H stat for the second part. And Benny's barn scene isn't particularly submissive, Sylia is a bit defiant at first about her outfit, lust breaks her down more than anything. So why not remove the Tame requirement and just keep it optional in the conversation (assuming the guide is correct, again, I need to make a new game to check)

I guess what I'm trying to say in this lenghty rant/criticisms of mine is that, in a game that actually does a wonderful job at being open and letting the player experience as many scenes as possible, as seen in the path choice which, initially looks to give Deviant more scenes but Saint does get Defeat scenarios in exchange, the Tame stat feels a bit too restrictive and not as believable to constantably be going up and down, unlike the Horniness stat.

TL;DR I want to play a slutty defiant Sylia and the game is bullying me over this decision and locking scenes away from me, so I'm going to selfishly rant on the internet about it.
Just find a a big fan who corrupted.
Ha.gif

The Tame stat seems doing good in the battle system.
I mean it pretty surprise me when I see Sylia surrender herself.
About the Tame problem you said. Maybe the developer just try to give it have a more factor to make Sylia doing the thing that not supposed to be(Like fail to resist the lust power).

"95% of people won't care about game design in a smut game."
I'd like to say : Yes, but actually no.(Pirate.JPG)
Eeee.gif

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
Thanks for your compliment about Game Design. Players don't see it at first when playing Leridia, it looks like a pretty outdated h-rpg to be honest so most people don't even try it. They may think it is not worth it but it seems the more they play, the more they come back to it. I'm very proud of that because it is not only sexy stuff, I try to share other things from classic rpgs.
Having played FF IV, FF VI...Chrono Trigger, I know a little how it works. I didn't see it much often in other h-rpgs, something is missing.
I don't say my game is the greatest h-rpg but I agree, it has something.
I hope to do the same for Cyberslayers.

Kuboxy

Oct 3, 2018
"95% of people won't care about game design in a smut game."
I'd like to say : Yes, but actually no.(Pirate.JPG)
I think I wasn't too clear about what I meant. Everyone appreciates good game design, even if only subconsciously. I guess I just look at the review tab for this game and feel a bit heart-broken. Comments are usually half about the art and writing, and the other half wrongly bringing up how grindy the game is which it isn't.

I feel like if I wrote a review myself, most of my focus would be given to the more technical side of the game, probably because the screen shots show exactly what should be expected when it comes to the adult side of things.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and people would love an in-depth review about how well the maps are handled when it comes to hidden items, or about how there's a genuine learning curve when it comes to items and how satisfying it is to break the rather difficult battles with them. Combat that is actually challenging rather than a waste of time simply there to put some time until the next smut scene. I could keep going but yeah, there's a lot of neat things that make my appreciate the game as a ... well, a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maelion

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
New mega link for COL 0.6a
Can the op change the link on 1st page ? Thanks.

Reactions: Roderick2
4.50 star(s) 29 Votes