As of 0.11 I buffed the overall damage stats the characters have from lvling.

• Total voters

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Hmm, I maybe already on it then. The guildmaster is no longer in the guild but in their house. And they just sent me to see the captain of the guard.

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Hmm, I maybe already on it then. The guildmaster is no longer in the guild but in their house. And they just sent me to see the captain of the guard.
You're on your way to the next main quest already :D

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
OK so I may have this other bug that needs the save being edited. I've completed up to MQ 8, but can't find MQ 9. This may be my fault for missing a clue again, but I don't recall anything. I only reached dream 3 which then started repeating each time I slept up until the roommate arrived. Now no dreams, just a short scene with her. Also oddly side quest 24 isn't showing as complete despite being clearly so. This maybe related to an oddity from back when talking to Viola 1st set up the quest to find them a new home. At the time I tried speaking to Viola again right away before leaving to buy the Inn and it made all the girls in the brothel vanish. When I bout the Inn I got a message saying talk to Viola again to let her know, but instead they all just appeared in the Inn automatically and offered new side quests and stuff so I thought nothing of it. In anycase, here's the save file if anything can be done with it.

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
csum Harabec Oke so the first 29/33 Are the monsters within the raid. You can find them by going into the pyramid getting the key from that 1 room that you need to find the right path or it teleports you back. When you have the key use it on the ancient wall in the middle of the room a teleporter will come up giving you access to the raid. 3/5 Is not implemented into any of the dungeons they will be the next update. And now I'ma fix your bug harabec.

csum

Jan 7, 2020
csum Harabec Oke so the first 29/33 Are the monsters within the raid. You can find them by going into the pyramid getting the key from that 1 room that you need to find the right path or it teleports you back. When you have the key use it on the ancient wall in the middle of the room a teleporter will come up giving you access to the raid. 3/5 Is not implemented into any of the dungeons they will be the next update. And now I'ma fix your bug harabec.
Thanks u :cool:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Chaosborn

csum

Jan 7, 2020
I was wondering if it is possible to have an item that can turn on/off random battle to make traveling easier?

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I was wondering if it is possible to have an item that can turn on/off random battle to make traveling easier?
Not right now there will be the next update I'll add an item to the shop that will turn off random battles for a certain amount of steps. Good idea though thanks!

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
alrighty. some things i thought worth mentioning.
1. and this is a Really big 1. you need to add a Current quest tracker. even better if it has a task list, like skyrim. ticking off what you've done. and what your CURRENT, task is. the reality is. there is no way to know what you are supposed to be doing in your game, unless you remember your objective. this is especially pronounced in seperate play sessions.

2. Please don't tie in the Main quest with extremely obscure Side events. unlocking MQ #9 require you to watch "jessica's" Racey Wardrobe scene at your mansion(i had no idea who the fuck that was. until i searched through these pages and looked around the game for over an hour! so for everyone else. it's the "land lady".). watch the maids H event in the mansion kitchen. then go into the bathroom which hasn't been shown to have any purpose whatsoever, for the maids 2nd H event. now. with this event. atleast it points to the next event. being Jessica's 2nd H event in her room in the mansion. all of this, is to unlock rika. a necessary component for MQ #9. oh btw. it's pretty awkward to have a character you've meant to have known all your life, just suddenly pop into existence with no mention before hand. that also needs to be addressed in my opinion.

3. it'd be good if characters involved with quests, directly or indirectly. react to, mention, or otherwise indicate what is currently going on with a quest. this would add alot to atmosphere, make everything feel less awkward and lifeless, and more importantly, tell you what the fuck you are supposed to be doing. this is extremely important.
3.5. Repeatable H-scenes. fix them. you shouldn't be Assaulted every time you prompt a sexy character you've had the fun times with. they should have to ask your input! i have started to develop an unhealthy fear of interacting with the Main Cast, knowing i might end up stuck in a scene for a minute or more each time when checking for new events, or trying to figure out what i'm supposed to be doing. this has made progressing through the game even slower. because i don't know if their state has been updated or not.

4. this is going to be a long one.
A player must be introduced to a mechanic, liberty, or expectation. before you can expect of them to use it. this really hits home with the above bathroom scene, among others. which as i said above. i had NO reason to think had a purpose in the game. i've entered it 2-3 times before the event.(1-2 on accident). and had to download the guide to find it's purpose. the reality is. in your game. most things aren't interactable or meaningful. Most characters are completely static. and only used for a single quest. and new events, characters, etc. are pretty sparse. (So far atleast.) this ISN'T an adventure game, sandbox RPG, or true RolePlaying game experience, like an ultima, Quest for glory, a Gothic, or a Baldurs gate, where exploring the vast array of interactions, locations, characters, and objects available, allows you to have diverse playthroughs, with new amazing discoveries you missed before each time. or to have a host of different puzzle pieces you can have fun putting together, while enjoying the entertaining results of different combinations.
so far. it's an incredibly Linear experience, with minimal exploration, interaction, and Dynamicism. more akin to an Action game with leveling. or a hack'n'slash.
so when things like walking back through all of the NPCS, who are spitting the same dialogue they did at the start of the game. interacting with map icons which still don't do anything, or interacting with random objects in a scene, when most aren't interactible. with no direction, or reason to do so is expected of the player. no precedent has been set beforehand, to show that it should be. this makes it INCREDIBLY Tedious, when you throw that expectation at the player, and what the player has learned throughout the experience so far hasn't prepared them for this new obstruction. There needs to be a way to procure this information Naturally in the game. talking to npcs, buying or finding books, discovering journals, or finding other types of clues. it doesn't matter. but there needs to be a good reason.

old japanese "RPG" games also liked to do this aswell in their incredibly focused, railroaded, linear experiences. they'd expect you to interact with a character 5 times. when they and every other character just spits out the same annoying lines over and over. or go back to a map. when every other map remains exactly the same as when you first visited. this is TERRIBLE, game design. you have to give people a reason to do this. it's extremely tedious walking through an unchanging world, and interacting with every SAME thing you've already done, visited etc. to find a new event, quest, etc. now. for unimportant stuff like easter eggs. secrets, etc. (you could even add a Game breaking sword. as long as it isn't a compulsory part of the game.) this is fine. but NOT for the main quest, or big side quests. in this linear story adventure.

5. the animation needs some work, especially H. i'm not sure what program you're using for the posing, models, whatever. (i'm assuming you didn't make the models yourself, or buy them from an asset pack. feel free to correct me). but yeah. the motions are a little stiff sometimes. but mostly just unnatural. this Varies ALOT, between scenes. the best way to describe it. is characters don't fully move in a way that makes sense on a mechanical level, both in how they move in motion, and how their bodies contort or twist in unnatural ways. I of course understand you are probably not a professional animator, and you most likely know about this. but thought i'd mention it. some good examples are the Dragon anal scene. which really needs some work. and alot of the handjob scenes.
i also find it a bit weird how much they focus so much on jerking the bottom/middle of his shaft.
and, the facial animations are, at the moment. pretty bare bones aswell. and where animated, generally feel out of place and unbelievable. His wings aswell. would like to see them with some form of animation. and also more believably integrated with his body.

6. writing. I won't say much. mostly because i'm a shit writer. and an unsociable, Autistic reject. So i won't say my advice, is best advice. And, because i imagine you're probably just starting out on that front aswell. i will just put some short points.
1. progression. things come way too easy, too quick. relationships, status, Access(you can just Waltz right into town and talk directly with the Ruler of the kingdom?!). etc.
2. motivation, and desire. the majority of the main cast don't really have any motivators. or lose them the moment they decide you're prime cut beef, and prime real-estate. it'd be nice to see them atleast have some goal, profession, and/or purpose.
3. Do'er good guy, and Dastly Deed Doers. the MC is a pretty straightforward, cut and dry hero. who everyone too readily accepts, and rewards. and the antagonists are basically all just evil. and nobody likes them. same can be said of the "camp followers", so far. all of them so far are just kinda selfless, good, etc. I won't complain too much about this. I guess it's one of the reasons I mainly stick with roleplaying games. i like to decide who my character is, and how he chooses to behave.
4. the H dialogue could use a bit of work.

probably alot more I could say on the point. and i'm sure others could aswell. those were 2 i came up with off the top of my head after writing the rest of this colossal nightmare.

7. Environments. so far they are, as the stuff above, incredibly bare bones. and honestly, not nice to look at. I understand of course you are just starting out. but. just putting it out there.
i think the Urban, areas are probably the biggest offenders. with the Main town being the worst.

8. Interaction. it'd be nice to see some indication that something you are interacting with is only currently unavailable, rather than permanently. this is especially important with things like Towns, on the region map. a simple. "I have no reason to go there", or "i don't have the time to visit" message box/notifications would be fine. just so people know what is actually useable, and what isn't. one thing i have seen you do, which i do like. is add a star for example, to indicate a quest objective. like with the cabbage Seeds. i would like to see something similar with ALL interactable objects. as, for reasons mentioned above. most stuff in this game isn't interactable.

i'll end it here. it's already rediculously long already.

Reactions: Cokane0

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
aaaaaand... after some slight modding. i was finally able to finish the build. the dreams broke on me aswell. (probably because i only got rika after i'd finished everything else up to MQ#8. goes to show how obscure she was!!!). i created a new event inside the MC's room that played the dreams. and made the necessary changes. i had to do the same when rescuing the princess from the bandits aswell. I unlocked her cell. but wanted to explore the area a bit first. when i loaded back into the Cell(area), where the princess was in the cell. the door was SHUT again. it doesn't stay permanently open. i had to create an event that could be repeatedly activated, to open it.

now something else. combat is really.. really tedious. and the rewards for doing it just aren't there to justify it. every time i see the screen start whirling for another encounter. which is usually after 2-7 steps. i feel anxiousness and impatience.

the thing is. to pull off the random encounters thing. you NEED the combat to be rewarding. and for that, you either need to improve battling itself. or make it desirable to trudge through the boring combat.

now. with the combat as it is(boring.). and with no insentives.(completely linear class leveling, with tiny incremental stat upgrades each level, after an annoying grind per level. and a new ability each 4+ levels. + .With completely linear class locked equipment. basically leaving only linear gear scaling, which as far as i've found. there isn't even "stronger" gear to really get. i have done that pyramid raid thing once. and in the walkthrough it said upgrades were there. but there's no way i'd want to grind my way through that again....). walking around and getting attacked by the grass is just really aggravating. i feel tempted to mod every single map, and just disable random encounters.(i've finished the build anyway. so no point now). but yeah. leveling and fighting in the game is both pointless and flat out boring. i really don't understand why anyone would think there's a point in leveling a character at all. when you can't even choose what equipment they use, how they fight. or what skills they even learn.

i personally recommend placing enemies on the map, and disabling random encounters, and having them move about either randomly. or in a simple pattern. it's not difficult. and you can just copy and paste each "event", do some slight tweaks, and you're done. i honestly don't think it'd even take you 1/2 an hour to do every single map with respawning enemy placement. atleast then you can engage with the combat on your own terms.

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
aaaaaand... after some slight modding. i was finally able to finish the build. the dreams broke on me aswell. (probably because i only got rika after i'd finished everything else up to MQ#8. goes to show how obscure she was!!!). i created a new event inside the MC's room that played the dreams. and made the necessary changes. i had to do the same when rescuing the princess from the bandits aswell. I unlocked her cell. but wanted to explore the area a bit first. when i loaded back into the Cell(area), where the princess was in the cell. the door was SHUT again. it doesn't stay permanently open. i had to create an event that could be repeatedly activated, to open it.

now something else. combat is really.. really tedious. and the rewards for doing it just aren't there to justify it. every time i see the screen start whirling for another encounter. which is usually after 2-7 steps. i feel anxiousness and impatience.

the thing is. to pull off the random encounters thing. you NEED the combat to be rewarding. and for that, you either need to improve battling itself. or make it desirable to trudge through the boring combat.

now. with the combat as it is(boring.). and with no insentives.(completely linear class leveling, with tiny incremental stat upgrades each level, after an annoying grind per level. and a new ability each 4+ levels. + .With completely linear class locked equipment. basically leaving only linear gear scaling, which as far as i've found. there isn't even "stronger" gear to really get. i have done that pyramid raid thing once. and in the walkthrough it said upgrades were there. but there's no way i'd want to grind my way through that again....). walking around and getting attacked by the grass is just really aggravating. i feel tempted to mod every single map, and just disable random encounters.(i've finished the build anyway. so no point now). but yeah. leveling and fighting in the game is both pointless and flat out boring. i really don't understand why anyone would think there's a point in leveling a character at all. when you can't even choose what equipment they use, how they fight. or what skills they even learn.

i personally recommend placing enemies on the map, and disabling random encounters, and having them move about either randomly. or in a simple pattern. it's not difficult. and you can just copy and paste each "event", do some slight tweaks, and you're done. i honestly don't think it'd even take you 1/2 an hour to do every single map with respawning enemy placement. atleast then you can engage with the combat on your own terms.
Well took a while to read but, let's cut to the chase. The enemy's sure I agree I do not have the assets to do for random encounters unless you don't mind every battle is the same sprite walking around... 0.3 was released yesterday for patrons and will be released publicly soon. A quest log with quest tracking has been added in there with a whole overhaul of UI... That goes from the menu to the battle system. To answer your question no all the girls are self-created and non of them are from somewhere else.
Now for some of the assets of the characters which look unreal and clunky... Yes, some of the assets aren't movable and this is something I would have considered in the beginning if I had known... Which I didn't unfortunately, I only learned this along the way of creating so many characters and I am aware of it. Those are mistakes I made early on when I created those characters w/o any experience. The overhaul of everything makes a huge difference and the quest log system works properly. It makes everything way easier and won't lead the player to a dead end. Variable and scripts were added with the quest log system which will likely break the game if you use old saves. So restarting is something I will recommend either way I was aware of the quest log system I just had no way to get one early on since the software I was using is fairly new to other rpgm's. So I did invest in one last month, and an item was added to the game which prevents random encounters from happening for a certain amount of steps.

Reactions: SunlessXre

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
i'll just throw a quick reply to this at the moment.
1"The enemy's sure I agree I do not have the assets to do for random encounters unless you don't mind every battle is the same sprite walking around"..............
2"To answer your question no all the girls are self-created and non of them are from somewhere else."................
3"The overhaul of everything makes a huge difference and the quest log system works properly. It makes everything way easier and won't lead the player to a dead end."........................
1. oh okay. now. i have RPGM MV, not MZ(but weirdly enough. i can mod your game with it?!?!?!). but in it, there's a decent range of monster event icons for area placement. bats, ghosts, goblins, animals, etc. now, i'm not saying you have to do that. i was just the simplest, and easiest solution i could think of to make it less tedious.
2. No problems at all. they just looked a bit similar to ones i've seen used in alot of other RPGM games made by first time devs. similar style and overall quality I guess. but yeah. i give you props for that.
3.well. I will be very excited to try it out!

but yeah. i'll probably give the rest a proper reply later. thank you for the quick response.

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes