Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
What's with this obsession you guys have for Asian girls? Is there someone in the game who doesn't look Asian to you? It's almost disturbing
That Tex guy (God rest his soul). He clearly had Bantu ancestry.

Plus the only one who actually has any Asian resemblance is Kleo, yet I'm not seeing anyone rooting for her
Thai. That's no surprise.

Has it ever occurred to you morons that in the melting pot culture of the future Sonja is a mix of several ethnicities?
A Hispanic person being of several ethnicities? OMG!!!! What will be next? :HideThePain:

Sonja's eyes are shaped like an oriental, which is why some people compared her to a Chinese actress, but her mother tongue is also Spanish or some variant thereof. The oriental shaped eyes can also be seen among some native americans.

Her skin tone is dark and tanned, as is usually seen in the tropics. Central american or south east asian would be the likely candidates there.

Her build however, is taller than average for a native asian.
Sonia is of Cuban or Venezuelan descent. Most probably Cuban. Definitely Caribbean, as any native Spanish speaker can tell.

Many people indeed ignore that the first humans to set foot on the American continent arrived there from Asia through the Bering Strait during the Ice Age, when it could be crossed on foot. So yeah, it is generally accepted that all native Americans descend from Asians. That's why they as well as mixed-race people tend to have slightly almond-shaped eyes and prominent cheekbones, similar to people from today's Siberia, Mongolia, etc.

Au contraire. The MC has yellow skin, of a tone that markedly contrasts the supposedly more conventional caucasian skin tones of his partners. He is obviously asian. Chinese, Japanese, Korean or possibly Vietnamese would be my guess.
He's Bangladeshi. 100% Asian. This will play a paramount role in Book 3.

Mar 24, 2022
First time I've encountered it. Whereabouts are people taking offense to it? It's hardly offensive to me and I'm an asian.
I know when I was growing up in the 80s, then once I got to college, it became a thing I heard that it wasn't nice to say that. Like it's been mentioned here, it was an old colonial thing back in the day, but I always used to the term "Asian" myself. I don't think anyone here has taken offense to it, I just think it was mentioned to tell people not to say it.

I heard it growing up as a kid in the 80s, but things like that were more common then. It was used more concerning and relating to furniture and rugs and things like that, even "Oriental Culture" instead of "Far East" or "Asian" the latter being more common now, at least for me.

Reactions: Skeltom and monk456

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I know when I was growing up in the 80s, then once I got to college, it became a thing I heard that it wasn't nice to say that. Like it's been mentioned here, it was an old colonial thing back in the day, but I always used to the term "Asian" myself. I don't think anyone here has taken offense to it, I just think it was mentioned to tell people not to say it.

I heard it growing up as a kid in the 80s, but things like that were more common then. It was used more concerning and relating to furniture and rugs and things like that, even "Oriental Culture" instead of "Far East" or "Asian" the latter being more common now, at least for me.
Yeah, it was similar to my upbringing. Though one of my school friends was a Korean who's nickname was "Gook". He wasn't at all put off by it so it all depends on the person I guess.

Mar 24, 2022
Yeah, it was similar to my upbringing. Though one of my school friends was a Korean who's nickname was "Gook". He wasn't at all put off by it so it all depends on the person I guess.
I had a Korean friend and a Chinese friend in and after college, when they heard their respective demeaning insults in malls or arcades or anything, man oh man it was hard to calm them down.

Reactions: Skeltom

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
And the confusing part is...what is going on with MC's tiny ginger pubes? :WutFace:

But that weirdness aside, the only thing that really irks me is the fact that our boy refuses to wear Ghost gloves. If you're going to run around town being a super sneaky secret agent man, then ffs put your damn gloves on. :cautious:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
It's all the PC "New Speak" like George Orwell described in his novel 1984. Every time someone tells you, "You can't say that!" you loose yet another piece of your right to free speech! The personal triggers of the smallest portion of our society have dictated how the rest of us should speak and worse, how to feel or not feel about certain things! Common sense and common courtesy were much more common when I was growing up. These days I feel like I'm sitting in for Luke Wilson on the set of Mike Judge's film Idiocracy. Meh... what can you do?:cautious:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Uh... MC is first person only. I cannot remember seeing his face in this entire game! Just quick random glances at his ghost helmet with full face shield. Are you sure we are playing the same game? Out of what deep, dark corner of your ass did you pull THAT utterly absurd and totally random tid bit of sheer speculative lunacy? I mean, WTF??? Bangladeshi? THAT is SUPER specific... Is that in the official game guide? Is there even an official game guide to reference? What the utter F***??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO:

Great joke... Had a great laugh... now pull the other one... Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Life in left field must be boring to come up with something THAT off the wall. I need to go to the toilet... laughing too damn hard here... Hahaha:ROFLMAO: BRB... unless I fall in... You can always hope, right? Hahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO: Shit... what a weird bunch of coconuts in this forum. I should know... I'm one of the prime nutters! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Bangladeshi... that's ripe! Thanks for the best laugh I have had in a while!:ROFLMAO:
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Zw0tsch

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
He's Bangladeshi. 100% Asian.
I did give this some thought... Still think Bangladesh is way out of left field and totally random... Yet, I have actually been role playing this MC as Asian the entire game! Since there is no mention of MC's family heritage in game, I did what I always do in those scenarios... I made one up! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: First, I named him Dimitri Vladokov whose grandparents hailed from the eastern Caucasus mountain region of Russia and were sea faring, fisherfolk on the Caspian Sea. Dimitri's grandparents scraped up every coin they could earn, barter or scrounge to obtain and bought passage for the family to America, Britain, Munich, Hong Kong or wherever this game is supposedly set. Again, the game doesn't say and has no clear indicators other than everyone speaking English as a primary language which neither confirms or denies an English speaking setting, just that the game uses English for an English speaking audience. That's all. Nothing ever specifically stated in game as to where the City of Broken Dreamers is located or from whence the folks residing in her hail originally. The speculative vibe has grown rather thick. So, this is my last entry on the subject... Given that I role play MC as from the Caucasus region of Russia following his ancestry... I guess that makes him a Caucasian Asian! Hahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO: But, I am always filling in back story gaps with my own role play speculation... not just here but all games I play. If your MC is from Bangladesh then that is true in your game. That is something I cannot dispute and will not try... still got a hell of good laugh out of that though. Thank you, friend. The world needs more laughter.:cool:(y)

Update: Later discovered that the game is set in a future Los Angeles, City of the Angels... Still haven't found any clear mention of MC's origin so write whatever you like for your MC.:devilish:(y)

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Zw0tsch

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
First time I've encountered it. Whereabouts are people taking offense to it? It's hardly offensive to me and I'm an asian.

This is the only thing i'll say regarding to this so this thread doesnt get to strayed but as an Asian myself, I do take offense of the term "Oriental" when described. Working in sales, i have many ignorant older clients that describes me as that to my colleagues every time. Some Asians won't take offense, but there are a lot that would. It's almost as bad as calling black people the N word but then again, this is the internet cant escape it but we can do better.

Besides all that, Gloria BEST girl straight up. Lol.

Reactions: PapaPhat

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
It's all the PC "New Speak" like George Orwell described in his novel 1984. Every time someone tells you, "You can't say that!" you loose yet another piece of your right to free speech! The personal triggers of the smallest portion of our society have dictated how the rest of us should speak and worse, how to feel or not feel about certain things! Common sense and common courtesy were much more common when I was growing up. These days I feel like I'm sitting in for Luke Wilson on the set of Mike Judge's film Idiocracy. Meh... what can you do?:cautious:
I'm with you on this one. Whenever I see or hear someones offense to a completely benign word I check the etymology of the word. Oriental is derived from Latin or Old French. It's meaning is "far east" to paraphrase. It's meant as an umbrella term for Asian descent. I say benign because it's original meaning is now twisted to be somehow offensive for some. I don't go out of my way to state a word some might find offensive that would just be plain rude. I'm age 44 soon to be 45 so yeah things during my earlier years we said to each other today would make the gen z's scream like banshees.

InsaneDrake

May 4, 2022
Update 22/11/2020

Here is the Italian translation of "City of broken dreamers" version "1.08.1 Scrappy Mod".
Once again a heartfelt thank you for reviewing Viking808. Without your help the translation would not have been possible.
Note: Contains Scrappy's mod translation. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE MOD BUT ONLY ITS TRANSLATION.

This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is: Mega
Ecco la traduzione italiana di "City of broken dreamers" versione "1.08.1 Scrappy Mod".
Ancora una volta un sentito grazie per la revisione a Viking808. Senza il tuo aiuto la traduzione non sarebbe stata possibile.
Nota: Contiene la traduzione della mod di Scrappy. NON CONTIENE LA MOD MA SOLO LA SUA TRADUZIONE.

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

########################################################

Update 28/06/2020

Here is the Italian translation of "City of broken dreamers" version "1.08.1".

Note: This version contains the new part without manual corrections. A review will be published as soon as available.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "City of broken dreamers" versione "1.08.1".

Nota: Questa versione contiene la parte nuova senza correzioni manuensi. Appena disponibile verra' pubblicata una revisione.

Update 28/06/2020

Here is the Italian translation of "City of broken dreamers" version "0.70".
Once again a heartfelt thank you for reviewing Viking808. Without your help the translation would not have been possible.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "City of broken dreamers" versione "0.70".
Ancora una volta un sentito grazie per la revisione a Viking808. Senza il tuo aiuto la traduzione non sarebbe stata possibile.

Here is the Italian translation of "City of broken dreamers" version "0.61".
Many thanks for reviewing Viking808. Without your help the translation would not have been possible.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "City of broken dreamers" versione "0.61".
Un sentito grazie per la revisione a Viking808. Senza il tuo aiuto la traduzione non sarebbe stata possibile.

Il link è: Mega
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!
Salve, sono nuovo e sono arrivato qui cercando la traduzione di "City of Broken Dreamers", così ho notato questo post. Solo che i link non funzionano più. C'è modo di poter accedere alla traduzione? Mi farebbe davvero piacere giocare questo titolo in italiano.

Hi, I'm new and I came here looking for the Italian translation of "City of Broken Dreamers", so I noticed this post. Only the links no longer work. Is there any way to access the translation? I would really like to play this title in Italian.

otFIRE

Jul 31, 2020
Just started this absolutely bonkers game! (y) to Philly Games.

Having trouble getting some of the scenes in Chapter 7. Tried using Cheat mod to play around with the variables and score with no success thus far. I used the Cheat at the moment to avoid having to replay the whole thing, cos my save files are kind of messed up. See spoiler.

Using this posted walkthrough listed in 1st post
Appreciate any help here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaPhat

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Free speech boiling down to defending your right to use slurs you know certain groups of people will find overtly offensive.

We truly are rejecting humanity and returning to monke.

4.70 star(s) 414 Votes