AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I was looking at it here and it looks like no animation in the game, it was renamed like this: "x-ch9driveseq2", someone managed to get it to play in the game because I couldn't, and if anyone here can report this problem to the developer I will be grateful because this is one of the animations I liked the most when the MC, Sonja and Gloria go to the desert, here is the animation:
Looks like you are using a compressed version of the game. The compressor guys must have changed the filename. The original video file name is "ch9driveseq2"(without the X-). Just rename the file from "x-ch9driveseq2" to "ch9driveseq2", and that will probably solve your problem.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I was looking at it here and it looks like no animation in the game, it was renamed like this: "x-ch9driveseq2", someone managed to get it to play in the game because I couldn't, and if anyone here can report this problem to the developer I will be grateful because this is one of the animations I liked the most when the MC, Sonja and Gloria go to the desert, here is the animation:
The original video file name is "ch9driveseq2"(without the X-). Just rename the file from "x-ch9driveseq2" to "ch9driveseq2", and that probably will solve your problem.
Unless I'm mistaken the x- is appended to a lot of stuff in the android builds from renpy. If you are in fact using the android port you most likely have to ask 0011 about it.

4KIN0RII

Nov 1, 2020
Unless I'm mistaken the x- is appended to a lot of stuff in the android builds from renpy. If you are in fact using the android port you most likely have to ask 0011 about it.
I use the Android version as this platform is more accessible to me

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I use the Android version as this platform is more accessible to me
I just went through the scripts for chapter 9 and that webm is never called in. Unless for some reason it is different for the android it appears to be an unused video.

I'm on windows and now that I think about it I don't recall ever seeing that one in-game, I could be wrong though.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
yea can be 14 or can be 20 (i sorta hope that not 20 since then game would be mildly said big).
I hope it's 14 or so too. I know I stopped playing another game *cough* DIK *cough* because of the projected length of it. I hope this one is nowhere near the rumored length of that one. I mean, I'll never stop playing, just don't want 3 or so years of my life to go away waiting for the end. I'll be on the doorstep of 50 at that point.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
I know I stopped playing another game *cough* DIK *cough* because of the projected length of it.
(...)
I mean, I'll never stop playing, just don't want 3 or so years of my life to go away waiting for the end. I'll be on the doorstep of 50 at that point.
Is it the only real reason of dropping "another game"? :HideThePain:

As for me, I don't mind 3 books (21 chapters) instead of 2 (14) ones even if it takes 3 years in total to complete. The main thing is to retain its high quality regarding the story, dialogues, characters development etc. Devs frequently run out of steam when working on a same story for several years and this severely affects a story quality, particularly endings, for worse.

I hope Philly mapped out the CoBD story really well and there will be no questionable twists and tropes like in "another game" that didn't work out as planned by the creator according to the Patreon polls results.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Is it the only real reason of dropping "another game"? :HideThePain:

As for me, I don't mind 3 books (21 chapters) instead of 2 (14) ones even if it takes 3 years in total to complete. The main thing is to retain its high quality regarding the story, dialogues, characters development etc. Devs frequently run out of steam when working on a same story for several years and this severely affects a story quality, particularly endings, for worse.

I hope Philly mapped out the CoBD story really well and there will be no questionable twists and tropes like in "another game" that didn't work out as planned by the creator according to the Patreon polls results.
It's the main reason, yes.

I know I'm going to have to wait at least 2 more years for CoBD to get done, but honestly, I enjoy this game MUCH more than I enjoyed that aforementioned one in my last post. Plus I do have other games I enjoy more than that game too.

CoBD has been my top game for a very long time and I know, no matter what length, that Philly won't steer us wrong. I don't like certain aspects of "that game" as much as I did, and quite honestly, not waiting another year (or more) for the love interest route I chose to knock off all the drama and get past certain things,

I adore Katie more than I've adored any other LI in these games (she's my co-#1 VN girl) and as much I loved and adored a certain girl from that game, even I have limits with patience with these games.

Might not make sense to other people what I said, but it makes sense to me. I just want to be able to live long enough to see the ending. Me being 46 and having bipolar schizoaffective doesn't make for stress-free days.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It's the main reason, yes.

I know I'm going to have to wait at least 2 more years for CoBD to get done, but honestly, I enjoy this game MUCH more than I enjoyed that aforementioned one in my last post. Plus I do have other games I enjoy more than that game too.

CoBD has been my top game for a very long time and I know, no matter what length, that Philly won't steer us wrong. I don't like certain aspects of "that game" as much as I did, and quite honestly, not waiting another year (or more) for the love interest route I chose to knock off all the drama and get past certain things,

I adore Katie more than I've adored any other LI in these games (she's my co-#1 VN girl) and as much I loved and adored a certain girl from that game, even I have limits with patience with these games.

Might not make sense to other people what I said, but it makes sense to me. I just want to be able to live long enough to see the ending. Me being 46 and having bipolar schizoaffective doesn't make for stress-free days.
I know the feeling. It seems to me that a certain LI in "that game" is being neglected just for the sake of drama. It's very disappointing to be a player that is interested in a particular person when they have so little actual content compared to the rest of the cast.

You could make the argument that it's the same situation for Gloria though. If you are into her the best you get is fake intimacy in the form of dreams while everyone else is much more involved even though the story centers around her. I suppose it could be a deciding factor in her lack of content.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
You could make the argument that it's the same situation for Gloria though. If you are into her the best you get is fake intimacy in the form of dreams while everyone else is much more involved even though the story centers around her. I suppose it could be a deciding factor in her lack of content.
A lack of non-fictional lewd scenes with Gloria due to a slow build up can be justified by the story narrative - there are reasonable explanations for this pace, for instance: her age, her powers and weak control of them, her tragic first experience, betrayal by her own father and not only.

Other than that Gloria's situation does not look painfully artificial with a purpose to feed flimsy plotlines and baseless drama. This is neither a student loan issued in accordance with a parallel dimension law nor blackmailing rich and noble but unbelievably naive broads.

PS Now we have a lord Voldemort of the adult VNs world: "that game", "you-know-that-VN", "VN-that-must-not-be-named" or you'll be stoned by pink cake eaters :devilish:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Really dude!? You make me the coward bitch under the bed? :LOL:

And it makes me hate that frigging game even more!

EDIT: There isn't anything more true on this entire site than referring and relating that game to Lord Voldemort. Truer words have never been spoken (written)

flex2121

Dec 4, 2018
No matter what, I can't seem to get the "Knock" on Victoria's door option whenever I follow her to her apartment. Could anyone spare me a save file on that segment? Just right before knocking on her door, would be much appreciated, thanks.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
No matter what, I can't seem to get the "Knock" on Victoria's door option whenever I follow her to her apartment. Could anyone spare me a save file on that segment? Just right before knocking on her door, would be much appreciated, thanks.
if you follow wt then you get it. this has many paths which start way before game reaches point where needed choice matters.

flex2121

Dec 4, 2018
if you follow wt then you get it. this has many paths which start way before game reaches point where needed choice matters.
I am and I've tried many different choices following WT. I just keep missing something somehow lol

4.80 star(s) 400 Votes