AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
No matter what, I can't seem to get the "Knock" on Victoria's door option whenever I follow her to her apartment. Could anyone spare me a save file on that segment? Just right before knocking on her door, would be much appreciated, thanks.
Here is my save file. If you need the name changed for the MC, just let me known. You will find the file on the tier Quick Saves.

Reactions: flex2121

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Happy Canada Day!
For all my fellow Canucks, Happy Canada Day. This has been a very strange year for us, for good and bad, but one thing that I think we can all get behind is Katie's bum :p
Now many outside of Canada may be thinking, "Why is she in the desert?" Well, over the last week we have seen a heatwave like we have never seen, even getting so hot it topped the highest temperature ever recorded in Las Vegas. It is just a tad bonkers, and I hope everyone out west can manage to stay cool and safe.
Philly

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hope you guys are having a good weekend. I know for many of you this is a nice long weekend, so make sure you take the time to enjoy it. I'll have some more fun stuff for tomorrow as well :)
This was a busy week on other fronts but still managed to do okay on game development. Now at 750 renders, then added a big animation bringing that up to 42 with more scenes written. Things are looking good so far.
Now, I need to get new eye glasses and beer... A weird combo I know.
As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

Happy Canada Day!
For all my fellow Canucks, Happy Canada Day. This has been a very strange year for us, for good and bad, but one thing that I think we can all get behind is Katie's bum :p
Now many outside of Canada may be thinking, "Why is she in the desert?" Well, over the last week we have seen a heatwave like we have never seen, even getting so hot it topped the highest temperature ever recorded in Las Vegas. It is just a tad bonkers, and I hope everyone out west can manage to stay cool and safe.
Philly
HOLY SHIT SHNIKIES!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

I'm guessing it would be too much to get a 1920x1080 of these eh? I tried it myself and it came out grainy. Oh well, but damn I love Katie!!!

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018

Happy Canada Day!
Philly
While in the northern hemisphere people are complaining about the heat, here in the southern hemisphere, in tropical countries, people are complaining about the cold. The world is really weird.
deadpoolmeme.jpg

About Katie... I think her shirt should be more "wet".:sneaky::sneaky: Oh yeah!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Is it the only real reason of dropping "another game"? :HideThePain:

As for me, I don't mind 3 books (21 chapters) instead of 2 (14) ones even if it takes 3 years in total to complete. The main thing is to retain its high quality regarding the story, dialogues, characters development etc. Devs frequently run out of steam when working on a same story for several years and this severely affects a story quality, particularly endings, for worse.

I hope Philly mapped out the CoBD story really well and there will be no questionable twists and tropes like in "another game" that didn't work out as planned by the creator according to the Patreon polls results.
I think this game would really struggle to hit 21 chapters. Hell, the narrative has already felt a bit padded for the last few chapters. Cyberpunk is a tough genre to extend, because opposing the might of the Powers That Be is supposed to be pointless.

It's one thing for our heroes to hold it together just long enough to complete a single, insane run that purges Gloria from Baynard's systems so she can live an anonymous life. It's quite another thing to try to continue the story after that run. Based on how the narrative has been laid out thus far, I just don't think we can spend too much longer putting the run together. We have a team already, and there aren't really any obvious people who could be added to it at this point. So we need to start transitioning towards the run, which fits with Gloria taking a more active role, and with Meredith working to track down the MC's movements. That means the story should be entering the final act, not nearing the halfway point.

A lack of non-fictional lewd scenes with Gloria due to a slow build up can be justified by the story narrative - there are reasonable explanations for this pace, for instance: her age, her powers and weak control of them, her tragic first experience, betrayal by her own father and not only.

Other than that Gloria's situation does not look painfully artificial with a purpose to feed flimsy plotlines and baseless drama. This is neither a student loan issued in accordance with a parallel dimension law nor blackmailing rich and noble but unbelievably naive broads.

PS Now we have a lord Voldemort of the adult VNs world: "that game", "you-know-that-VN", "VN-that-must-not-be-named" or you'll be stoned by pink cake eaters :devilish:
It really depends on how you look at it. One could just as easily complain that the MC was arbitrarily forbidden from talking to Gloria in Chapter 6 so that she could foolishly run away (unless he was on the Spellbound path and thus she could overpower him and still run away).

Sure, a heart to heart at that point wouldn't have wound up in a Gloria sex scene, but it would have been a major step on a Gloria romance path - or even a lust-driven Gloria torrid affair path. Instead we're forced to pretend there's no meaningful relationship there, which allows Gloria to feel isolated and powerless. He subsequent flight has driven all the drama of the last three chapters in a way that I find extremely artificial given how easy it was to get Gloria out of the Pit.

Is that better than the typical college farce antics in "that other game?" Both games have plenty of strengths and a few unfortunate weaknesses, so I think it's just down to personal opinion on what we're looking for in terms of narrative and characters.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Hope you guys are having a good weekend. I know for many of you this is a nice long weekend, so make sure you take the time to enjoy it. I'll have some more fun stuff for tomorrow as well :)
This was a busy week on other fronts but still managed to do okay on game development. Now at 750 renders, then added a big animation bringing that up to 42 with more scenes written. Things are looking good so far.
Philly
Philly completed 65 static renders and a single animation this week. The animation was apparently larger than normal, but I have no real way to quantify the difference, so it will just have to get in line with all the others. That means Philly's overall render rate is now about 75 statics and 4.2 animations per week. In chart form, it looks like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Philly did warn that the animation render rate would drop a bit this week, and he clearly delivered. Even the static render rate dropped a bit, so perhaps Philly managed to clear his queue. As the alternate chart shows, however, if we assume this week was was an aberration, we appear to be on pace for an August release. So let's hope that's the case.

As for the render, I see my hopes of going a single chapter without a pointless Sasha scene has once again been dashed. :rolleyes: I mean technically this might finally be the chance to do something productive with the character. But it seems hard to believe we'll have enough time to finish the road trip with Gloria and Sonja and still develop Sasha's storyline in a meaningful way. I hope I'm wrong, but I certainly would not recommend putting any money on it.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I think this game would really struggle to hit 21 chapters. Hell, the narrative has already felt a bit padded for the last few chapters. Cyberpunk is a tough genre to extend, because opposing the might of the Powers That Be is supposed to be pointless.

It's one thing for our heroes to hold it together just long enough to complete a single, insane run that purges Gloria from Baynard's systems so she can live an anonymous life. It's quite another thing to try to continue the story after that run. Based on how the narrative has been laid out thus far, I just don't think we can spend too much longer putting the run together. We have a team already, and there aren't really any obvious people who could be added to it at this point. So we need to start transitioning towards the run, which fits with Gloria taking a more active role, and with Meredith working to track down the MC's movements. That means the story should be entering the final act, not nearing the halfway point.

It really depends on how you look at it. One could just as easily complain that the MC was arbitrarily forbidden from talking to Gloria in Chapter 6 so that she could foolishly run away (unless he was on the Spellbound path and thus she could overpower him and still run away).

Sure, a heart to heart at that point wouldn't have wound up in a Gloria sex scene, but it would have been a major step on a Gloria romance path - or even a lust-driven Gloria torrid affair path. Instead we're forced to pretend there's no meaningful relationship there, which allows Gloria to feel isolated and powerless. He subsequent flight has driven all the drama of the last three chapters in a way that I find extremely artificial given how easy it was to get Gloria out of the Pit.

Is that better than the typical college farce antics in "that other game?" Both games have plenty of strengths and a few unfortunate weaknesses, so I think it's just down to personal opinion on what we're looking for in terms of narrative and characters.
Well it seems that game has a lot of unnecessary drama where it doesn't need any. I know it's college/university, and it's basically one big soap opera, too much drama, making the episodes go longer (and possibly even the entire game length) whereas CoBD seems much more direct.

Right now, it's on big game of fetch, and in that point, Shanlon was right. You basically are being a doggie to fetch things, in this case, for Gloria, sometimes even Gloria herself. It seems it's clear what the goal is (whether you're on Meredith's side to bring her in or the savior side keeping Meredith from her) whereas the goal in that game, is to what? Solve your potential LIs problems just to wait for another one to pop up? Obstacle after obstacle?

I find my LI's interest in this game much more satisfying as I did in that game, despite not having seen her that much in Chapter 9.

It all comes down to personal opinion, yes. To me, Gloria is a sister, almost a daughter. To Ellen, she's a sister. Speaking about Katie, she almost seems a bit maternal to Gloria, but does have a sister-vibe too. Everybody is doing what they can for this one girl and it just seems redeeming. Even Sonja switched sides. I don't know how this game is going to play out, or what to expect in the final chapters, but I'm sure there's going to be at least a couple of "Holy Shit" moments, but speaking personally, I'd rather play this game, with this setting, and these characters, than have to deal with anymore college BS/soap opera/blackmail bullshit.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Philly
Philly_Games, whatever you do, please do not combine the two and get beer goggles.

• Angry
Reactions: leg28

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Not going to lie, not really much interested in the two bit bandit. Maybe this update will change things but so far she is the most boring character in the game.

• Angry
Reactions: AlienEDM

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Not going to lie, not really much interested in the two bit bandit. Maybe this update will change things but so far she is the most boring character in the game.
I have a feeling she's going to become an ally at some point. The MC has tried to be kind to her (minus holding her in the cell, but that was more Sonja's doing in my opinion) but I think she still may yet be of value to the group. Yeah she stole Gloria and all after the battle but with all these run-ins we're having with her, it has to mean something, like she has a part in the bigger picture to play, whether a small one or big one, and it might have a link to Todd being an ally too, which in turn could affect Abby somehow for those on her route?

I was diplomatic with the whole Little Big thing in the Pit by taking Abby, I just have a feeling they could all be linked somehow depending on how you treated them...?

Just an idea

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020

I entirely agree on that and recognize this flaw of a lack of heart to heart with Gloria, I pointed this out with some details a few pages ago. However I recognize this as a minor or at least not a crucial underdevelopment of certain scenes and not of the entire story. Yes, they might have been better written and handled. But her story arc as a whole is believable. There are no delusional problems out of nowhere caused by a lack of communications. I need not exploit the suspension of disbelief while watching it.

As an unbiased observation: there are no obvious caricatures in CoBD that are pushed everywhere in that game. For instance: Tex isn't gifted with a ridiculously bizarre coiffure like on the preps. That drug dealer from Abby's arc doesn't have a tiny micro cock and doesn't bang watermelons. Red Moon doesn't attach Jake Murphey just for fun for no reason and he/she/it isn't a stupid jock / augment on steroids with a small cock who says with confidence he has a big one. Katie /Victoria falls in love with Jake because of his deeds, jokes, behavior etc. not due to his cutie face and unique oversized dick.

Well it seems that game has a lot of unnecessary drama where it doesn't need any. I know it's college/university, and it's basically one big soap opera, too much drama, making the episodes go longer (and possibly even the entire game length) whereas CoBD seems much more direct.
(...)
I'd rather play this game, with this setting, and these characters, than have to deal with anymore college BS/soap opera/blackmail bullshit.
Well, I don't mind drama even an unnecessary one if that drama is convincing (*whispering in fear*) I don't even mind the DnG and a sugar overdose with Jill in that game, damn I sense my ass will be kicked again, it is already sore following that brawl with Pink Cake Eaters
Let's give an example: there is a girl of 18 y.o. and she:
  • saw her mommy die with her own eyes in a car accident (!) being a kid;
  • accidentally killed her boyfriend (!) during moments of intimacy due to a weak control of her (!) unexplored powers while being 16 y.o.
  • was kicked out of home (!) at the age of 16 (!) by her own daddy who pretended that he was manipulated and charmed by his new passion, whereas she (!) had no more relatives;
  • had to survive alone in the worst and poorest district full of thugs and dregs of humanity
Is it an acceptable drama to you, or more precisely, would you sympathize for that girl?
I suppose there is no need to mindlessly abuse the so called suspension of disbelief concept to embrace this drama and you will have no objections if you are forced to babysit and protect this poor character.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I entirely agree on that and recognize this flaw of a lack of heart to heart with Gloria, I pointed this out with some details a few pages ago. However I recognize this as a minor or at least not a crucial underdevelopment of certain scenes and not of the entire story. Yes, they might have been better written and handled. But her story arc as a whole is believable. There are no delusional problems out of nowhere caused by a lack of communications. I need not exploit the suspension of disbelief while watching it.

As an unbiased observation: there are no obvious caricatures in CoBD that are pushed everywhere in that game. For instance: Tex isn't gifted with a ridiculously bizarre coiffure like on the preps. That drug dealer from Abby's arc doesn't have a tiny micro cock and doesn't bang watermelons. Red Moon doesn't attach Jake Murphey just for fun for no reason and he/she/it isn't a stupid jock / augment on steroids with a small cock who says with confidence he has a big one. Katie /Victoria falls in love with Jake because of his deeds, jokes, behavior etc. not due to his cutie face and unique oversized dick.

Well, I don't mind drama even an unnecessary one if that drama is convincing (*whispering in fear*) I don't even mind the DnG and a sugar overdose with Jill in that game, damn I sense my ass will be kicked again, it is already sore following that brawl with Pink Cake Eaters
Let's give an example: there is a girl of 18 y.o. and she:
  • saw her mommy die with her own eyes in a car accident (!) being a kid;
  • accidentally killed her boyfriend (!) during moments of intimacy due to a weak control of her (!) unexplored powers while being 16 y.o.
  • was kicked out of home (!) at the age of 16 (!) by her own daddy who pretended that he was manipulated and charmed by his new passion, whereas she (!) had no more relatives;
  • had to survive alone in the worst and poorest district full of thugs and dregs of humanity
Is it an acceptable drama to you, or more precisely, would you sympathize for that girl?
I suppose there is no need to mindlessly abuse the so called suspension of disbelief concept to embrace this drama and you will have no objections if you are forced to babysit and protect this poor character.

I've sympathized with Gloria throughout this whole game, that certainly never waned, which is probably why I never see her as an LI, but I don't think she's a "damsel in distress" either. Some people, in games and in real life, get dealt a shitty hand of cards over and over. Gloria has had a good run of bad luck now for years, since she was a child, I can't help but feel and sympathize with her. It's one of the reasons why I love this game so much, is to see her in the end get the happiness she truly deserves.

Yeah I've been pretty vocal about the last few chapters about it's mainly centered around everything Gloria, but that only means the payoff in the end is going to be really good. It's all in the build-up, the tension, the anxiety of not knowing what the hell is going to happen; with her, with the whole crew, Baynard, Meredith, etc. Depending on how Philly constructs this, we could be in for one fucking hell of a ending and a surefire build-up towards it.

It's all in the construction of the game that makes this one so appealing; the music, the characters, the setting, the plot(s), the side-plots and all the ins and outs that have made me be so hooked on it. It's why I recommend it always first to people looking for a new VN to play.

As far as the drama goes, naturally, in this game, it's a high necessity, and it's not a soap opera at all. You know where you stand with everyone. You know the players, both good and bad, and those who walk a thin line between those two classifications (like Sasha, who I mentioned in an earlier post) and there's no cheesy BS or scheme to get one person to back off from being with another person.

It's more adult, it's darker, but yet can have some wonderful moments if you choose the right path and the right girl (you know who I'm thinking about here) where as a certain game seems to me is geared towards the younger crowd. Me being my age and my background, this is the game I'd want to play the rest of my life if I was only given one VN to choose from (sorry Caroline) but it's the truth.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I have a feeling she's going to become an ally at some point. The MC has tried to be kind to her (minus holding her in the cell, but that was more Sonja's doing in my opinion) but I think she still may yet be of value to the group. Yeah she stole Gloria and all after the battle but with all these run-ins we're having with her, it has to mean something, like she has a part in the bigger picture to play, whether a small one or big one, and it might have a link to Todd being an ally too, which in turn could affect Abby somehow for those on her route?

I was diplomatic with the whole Little Big thing in the Pit by taking Abby, I just have a feeling they could all be linked somehow depending on how you treated them...?

Just an idea
Yeah that seems the obvious outcome, she will become some sort of Jake's contact.

Sasha's apearences (after her first time) so far seems just designed to shoehorn her in the story so far. Case in point the whole bringing Gloria to the pit to hide and heal storyline could be done using Abby and her past with the place and the people who live/work there ( keep in mind this was still used but to bring Gloria back from the place).

Still this is a minor annoyance and i do believe the dev can developer her into a more interesting character.

Why is that? Because are you missing Henry? Is he your favorite muse over all girls? :sneaky: :D:LOL:
So is this your attempt at what? Snarky bigotry? Really? :rolleyes:

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
So is this your attempt at what? Snarky bigotry? Really? :rolleyes:
I am just messing with you, dude! Don't be so serious! :LOL: Of course you have the right to like and deslike whatever girl or guy in the game you want. But, I disagree with you about what you say that Sasha or Sonja are both boring girls.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 400 Votes