Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
We can't talk about other games in game threads, except if they're by the same dev...and so I'd recommend his other game.
Pretty sure that only relates to REVIEWS.
You can't start a full on discussion of the other game, but you can certainly mention/recommend.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong, coulda sworn I used to do this, but I never really checked if they later deleted my messages.
Feels like a poor rule, but I guess they have a point about it being abused as FREE advertising, and this place has a ton of traffic.

Last edited:

stenctrum

May 16, 2020
Is it any better than DA? For me that game was pretty disappointing with dark themed plot which didn't fit well with adult content. Many times sex felt very forced and out of place. Is it more of the same but in different setting?

Reactions: vmaks

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You can't start a full on discussion of the other game, but you can certainly mention/recommend.
nope, that's advertising which happens to be against rules.

I can't. Every time I do it, the mods delete it.

If you can, then please go ahead.
So where can i ask if not here?
cause it's seen as advertising which is big no-no. on recommendations users can quite freely discuss about other games and very freely via pm/dms.

Reactions: pitao

pitao

May 18, 2023
So where can i ask if not here?
Yeah I will never agree with the mention of other games not be allowed unless it is meant to depreciate/flame a game over another or to start a completely off topic discussion in the thread where it is made (Both usually happen if the discussion over it goes for too long).

But a good way Tim to see what games some people recommend is to pay attention to their signatures, plenty have links to those game threads where you can read about it, reviews discussions preview renders and the OP with the tags/synopsis or if they don't have links you can always use the search function on the top right of the site page and put the name of the game and then select everywhere and check the option that says "search titles only", fastest way to get to a game page imo. You can always do advanced search but for game titles there is no need.

Also be aware that each person have their personal tastes so another player favorite(s) game(s) may not be your cup of tea.

Reactions: Aristos

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Yeah I mean the dialogues here seems to imply that the MC and Chandra remain in touch :

View attachment 3774610 View attachment 3774612 View attachment 3774613

Instead of using third party implying that Chandra & the MC are "together" it would have been better to actually show them togehter. Chandra deserved better, just like Abby. And also Sonja BTW. Even tho Sasha, Terry, Kleo and even the fucking Twins got a scene, there was nothing with Sonja ? I don't get why, there was a lot of focus on her and her relationship with the main character after all they went throught it would have make sense to have a proper closure with her, she honestly had one of the best arc of the game but no, she's left out. It's a bit of a let down.
Yep, no doubt about it. I'm more than just a bit let down - I'm completely disappointed in this ending. I'm a Chandra solo route guy, so very disappointed there. I feel bad for people who wanted a Sonja or Abby ending also.

I had bought Book 1 on Steam many years ago (it's how I got introduced to the game) and Chandra was on the cover (yet doesn't get an ending, lol, ridiculous), but I've been getting bad feelings since about midway through Book 2 - it was just a major downgrade from Book 1 IMO.

I like trying games here on F95 but I generally go and buy the games on Steam once they launch there to support the developers (Summer's Gone, Leap of Faith, Chasing Sunsets, No More Money, etc. I own them on Steam as well). I know I'm just one measly consumer, but I will definitely not be purchasing Book 2 of this game or any future games from Philly.

Last edited:

stenctrum

May 16, 2020
nope, that's advertising which happens to be against rules.
Mentioning other game name is not advertising and its not against rules. It happens many times. That would mean that people's signatures with different games are also adversts and are against rules.

Reactions: Segnbora

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Mentioning other game name is not advertising and its not against rules. It happens many times. That would mean that people's signatures with different games are also adversts and are against rules.
sigs aren't against rules (for some reason, i did ask about it years ago) but mentioning is (kinda grey area) and linking is for sure. in the end up to mods.

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
City of Broken Dreamers [v1.15 Ch. 15]
Video enhancement mod

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, trained models can interpolate one "fake" frame next to each native frame.
The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

Download the mod : Mega ;

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

Here is an example of what you can expect ( ) :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can choose the next game on list
mod updated

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The title said Book One so i guess it is going to be Book Two Three etc.

View attachment 3775161
Book 1 is the first half of the game: updates 0.1-0.7 (chapters 1-7), namely until Henry dies. His death marks the end of Book 1 ( = first half of the story). Updates 0.8-1.15 (chapters 8-15) are Book 2 (second half).

There are no 2 different halves as standalone games. The whole v. 1.15 is the full game.

Unfortunately, in my own opinion the first half of the story is much better than the second half.

Reactions: Bloodguard
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes