moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I don't know. The password, "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them,' just screams exit strategy to me.
There's another Vic's pasword, when she took control of Sam at MC's apartment, that also says quite a lot: "Everybody grows but me". Also when Merebitch says something like "don't make me regret about raising you up" I don't think shes talking about her salary... My guess is Victoria is transferring funds to either her foster parents or the Augment program misfits

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Yeah... I like pools.
Kidding aside, dev work has been going well. I didn't start right after 0.4. I took a few days to get things back in order. Upgrade all my software, outline everything for 0.5 and redo my backups and all that fun jazz. Daz also had a fairly substantial change on how animations are done so I spent some time with that to learn how it works and so far so good. I also re-textured Gloria because I was finding her to be a bit to rough around the edges. I did post it in discord but I will post it here as well. It is one of the monthly custom renders.

So far the numbers aren't huge since its just a bit over a week of work, but looking at 90 renders so far and that will increase pretty quick over this weekend since I just completed another fairly large environment. There are also 6 new animations completed. I have one that I find really amusing and will probably post that for the $20 and up later.
This update will feature some decent sized choices which will be obvious right away. The last update was pretty streamlined, this one will branch out again a bit more. Keeping like this allows development to not get out of hand.
During the upcoming week I also want to do another poll for the $30 and up for the next comic. I already have a feeling a continuation of "The Show" is most likely, but that is up to you guys.
Also a heads up, next weekend for the Canadian Thanksgiving I will be taking a real vacation for a few days to allow my batteries to recharge. It will be my first true vacation I have taken since I started this over 2 years ago, so it's far past due. Then I took the entire following week off afterwards from work so I can also dive back into development.
As always, stay awesome guys!
Philly

balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
I am not sure i like the implications of this saying...:oops:
Although i recommend you reading that novel its great read in my opinion :p
To me that reads like she cares about someone even though said person doesn't care back. :unsure:
her password being "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them" can mean a lot of things,i think because her augment is tilted toward seduction and infiltration(so far this is all we have seen) this phrase is more likely to be about what the company had her do and the training she has been put through, there are alot of places that use humiliation and many more methods like it to train a rookie one of which is some camps in the army(my country has 2 years mandetory military service and this method is what they commonly use in training, i have been though it and so have others) while there people have different ways to cope with the treatment one of which is exactly that sentence.
But i would really like to know why you think its about a person she cares about and their feelings about her :unsure:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
her password being "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them" can mean a lot of things
(...)
But i would really like to know why you think its about a person she cares about and their feelings about her :unsure:
We pervs on this site are romantic by nature.

Reactions: TheFinder

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
her password being "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them" can mean a lot of things,i think because her augment is tilted toward seduction and infiltration(so far this is all we have seen) this phrase is more likely to be about what the company had her do and the training she has been put through, there are alot of places that use humiliation and many more methods like it to train a rookie one of which is some camps in the army(my country has 2 years mandetory military service and this method is what they commonly use in training, i have been though it and so have others) while there people have different ways to cope with the treatment one of which is exactly that sentence.
Because if this was about coercion and humilliation i believe something along the lines of "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of myself" would be more fitting and so far we haven't see any indication of Victoria being badly treated like that by Meredith.
In fact Victoria seems to be quite loyal to her boss going as far as shrugging off The Ghost's attempt at painting Meredith as a ruthless human being in one of their conversations during episode 4.

Plus she got really pissed if you hear about her money transfer. To me that screams of Jake getting to close of her secret personal life when she is always making a effort to not let anyone know anything about her.
Alos Ellen mentioned that Victoria (after several drinks) implied she was a orphan and once she was adopted by a nice couple but that something sad happened. However said couple is still alive according to what Vic said to Ellen.

My bet is that the money is being send to them. :unsure:

Yeah... I like pools.
Kidding aside, dev work has been going well. I didn't start right after 0.4. I took a few days to get things back in order. Upgrade all my software, outline everything for 0.5 and redo my backups and all that fun jazz. Daz also had a fairly substantial change on how animations are done so I spent some time with that to learn how it works and so far so good. I also re-textured Gloria because I was finding her to be a bit to rough around the edges. I did post it in discord but I will post it here as well. It is one of the monthly custom renders.

So far the numbers aren't huge since its just a bit over a week of work, but looking at 90 renders so far and that will increase pretty quick over this weekend since I just completed another fairly large environment. There are also 6 new animations completed. I have one that I find really amusing and will probably post that for the $20 and up later.
This update will feature some decent sized choices which will be obvious right away. The last update was pretty streamlined, this one will branch out again a bit more. Keeping like this allows development to not get out of hand.
During the upcoming week I also want to do another poll for the $30 and up for the next comic. I already have a feeling a continuation of "The Show" is most likely, but that is up to you guys.
Also a heads up, next weekend for the Canadian Thanksgiving I will be taking a real vacation for a few days to allow my batteries to recharge. It will be my first true vacation I have taken since I started this over 2 years ago, so it's far past due. Then I took the entire following week off afterwards from work so I can also dive back into development.
As always, stay awesome guys!
Philly
Stay healty Philly and enjoy your days off.

ps: bring on Chandra and her horned friend! :p

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
I wonder how long does it take for Chandra to get her eyes makeup done... :unsure: :LOL:
That's no Makeup - she's this universe's counterpart of Mystique - she just decides to be this beautiful... ;)

(And that's an awesome decision, btw :D )

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Well it is the future so maybe there is tech to apply the makeup pattern automatically? Or maybe even some crazy tattoo that looks like makeup. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: TheFinder
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes