Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
According to the walkthrough (from Qleaf) we should have a possible clue when we meet our fixer the first time. However that doesn't popup and when I click on the location the story goes further. Also the H doesn't help. I'm playing in Linux and I saw that people have problems on Android which is at the heart Linux as well. May be this is a problem on some OSses? Or do I something wrong?

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
According to the walkthrough (from Qleaf) we should have a possible clue when we meet our fixer the first time. However that doesn't popup and when I click on the location the story goes further. Also the H doesn't help. I'm playing in Linux and I saw that people have problems on Android which is at the heart Linux as well. May be this is a problem on some OSses? Or do I something wrong?
Well the fixer is called Ellen (just gotta point that out as she is amazing), and possible clue, aka a special render, is on one of the glass panel.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Well the fixer is called Ellen (just gotta point that out as she is amazing), and possible clue, aka a special render, is on one of the glass panel.
I know! However when I got that scene -- or later with doctor Katie -- I don't see on the left the popup "possible clue" as indicated in several screenshots I saw. In this forum I see that people playing in Android have the same problem. So I hope that someone playing in Linux can confirm or deny this. I've tried on a very old Windows laptop -- game is hardly playable plus that I don't like Windows -- that the popup is there. So I think this is an Linux/Android -- which in essence is Linux -- problem. However Ren'py is compatible with Linux. I play all kind of Ren'py games on my machine. This is the first time I see something which doesn't work. The rest of the game plays fine, so I think it has something to do with the way the popup works?

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Blup Blup not sure exactly what could be causing it but my best guess is in preferences you should see if u have roll back sides enabled. If so set it to disabled. Past that I am not sure.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
@Blup Blup not sure exactly what could be causing it but my best guess is in preferences you should see if u have roll back sides enabled. If so set it to disabled. Past that I am not sure.
First of all: great game!

I checked. The default after starting the game -- renamed the ~/.renpy/BrokenDreamers-1521333194 directory -- is disabled. So that should be correct? If I choose left or right it doesn't resolve the problem. If I understood correctly it is not important for the game, I just miss some extras?

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
it should be disabled. They are just bonus pictures so correct, you wont miss anything besides that. Purely extra bonus material.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Strange. I just came to the point where the MC and Katie are in Mil-town. There a popup showed that the glossary was updated. But nothing like that on the previous scenes for the extras. Rolling back and forth again also doesn't do anything. Don't know why. May be because the freeze of the dialogue doesn't work. I think that is necessary for searching and clicking on the scene?

Edit
Hmm, it seems that enabling and then disabling again did the trick. I now got the clue when entering the police station in Mil-town. Why it doesn't work when starting a fresh game is still unknown.

Edit 2
Found the reason. I played this game a year ago. And that created a persistent file. I'm now at the new content apparently. I just saw that I have three secrets and now the fourth which is a new one. It also explains why I didn't see the glossary popups in the beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleeping In Pieces

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Sorry for the goose chase. Didn't realize that I did play a much earlier version of this game and that the begin of a new game don't erase the persistent. Learned something :)

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
but I'm attaching below my own walkthrough I created.
I like this one! It is neatly organised and I know how much work goes in that -- see my signature :)

Except for some minor details I have only one complaint :) You should add a warning in chapter 2 number 43. Because of that in chapter 4 now I have v_score=2 and v_lust=3 which isn't enough for the extra sex scenes. You miss number 25 in chapter 3 as well, which is needed:

Code:
#1    v_score        v_lust
26    +1
29            +1
36            +1
43    -1        +1 <= don't do this one!
9    +1
13    +1           <= choose Victoria for party
25    +1           <= only if v_score >= 3
So it is important to not do 43 -- or use a save -- and invite her to the party to get enough points in chapter 4.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
I like this one! It is neatly organised and I know how much work goes in that -- see my signature :)

Except for some minor details I have only one complaint :) You should add a warning in chapter 2 number 43. Because of that in chapter 4 now I have v_score=2 and v_lust=3 which isn't enough for the extra sex scenes. You miss number 25 in chapter 3 as well, which is needed:

Code:
#1    v_score        v_lust
26    +1
29            +1
36            +1
43    -1        +1 <= don't do this one!
9    +1
13    +1           <= choose Victoria for party
25    +1           <= only if v_score >= 3
So it is important to not do 43 -- or use a save -- and invite her to the party to get enough points in chapter 4.
Thank you for the comment <3

regarding your note, it’s located at chapter 1, but I know what you mean. What I did is write “Optional” before listing the choice #43 and mentioned it’s effect. At that time I could’ve wrote “choose one” and gave you 2 options “use her mouth harder” or “cum”. Since I wrote cum below it for as it’s shared for those who didn’t obtain the required [dep], I thought it would look a bit messy.

With new scenes being released with each update, I list any requirement for it to trigger so the player can plan ahead of time.

I try being as flexible as possible with the guide while maximizing the amount of scenes the player can see in a single playthrough. You’ll see me mainly forcing you to select 1 option and at times present to you 2 options to choose from.

As the game progresses and depending on how complex the developer makes the script, there will be future scenes that require you to do choose specific choices from the past and thus you’ll be replaying the game sooner or later, that’s the risk for on-going games.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
What I did is write “Optional” before listing the choice #43 and mentioned it’s effect. At that time I could’ve wrote “choose one” and gave you 2 options “use her mouth harder” or “cum”. Since I wrote cum below it for as it’s shared for those who didn’t obtain the required [dep], I thought it would look a bit messy.
I saw the optional, but because I had the needed points I thought I could do this. In the walkthrough for the game I'm doing I've similar problems. There I have added tip boxes to warn players of the consequences. So in this case I would have added such a tip like:

If you have Dep>=2 it is possible to "Use her mouth harder". However the consequence of this that you don't have enough v_score later in the game with more scenes. You could of course use a save to see this bit and then reload and don't use this option...

Something like that. My walkthrough is for a game which has a lot of things like that plus a huge open world part. So with all those tips it is now over 150 pages :) You don't have to do my advise. It is your walkthrough. But I think it would be even better if you include tips like this so players can choose better. Just a thought...

With new scenes being released with each update, I list any requirement for it to trigger so the player can plan ahead of time.
Hmm, I just follow the walkthrough. So I don't read ahead which is why I now missed out in a later chapter. I don't think that a lot of users for a walkthrough read ahead. But may be I'm strange in this regard :)

I try being as flexible as possible with the guide while maximizing the amount of scenes the player can see in a single playthrough. You’ll see me mainly forcing you to select 1 option and at times present to you 2 options to choose from.

As the game progresses and depending on how complex the developer makes the script, there will be future scenes that require you to do choose specific choices from the past and thus you’ll be replaying the game sooner or later, that’s the risk for on-going games.
For sure. That is why I try to give tips to players if I know the consequences. So give them even more choices. For now I've mad a note about this, so I know that in the future I will not do this for playing further or use a save for that.

Anyway just my thoughts how I would do it. I'm always thinking how walkthroughs can be made better :) Yours is good, as said I only had one compliant. And because it is good -- bad walkthroughs I don't comment on -- I thought a little discussion would help me also. The world isn't black and white after all. So keep up the good work!

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes