Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
I get the feeling this game will have a lot of replay value. My favorite games are usually put on-hold or abandoned but I've got a good feeling about this. Depraved Awakening was great and Philly finished it. I don't want this game to end yet but I'm really excited to see whatever project comes next.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I get the feeling this game will have a lot of replay value. My favorite games are usually put on-hold or abandoned but I've got a good feeling about this. Depraved Awakening was great and Philly finished it. I don't want this game to end yet but I'm really excited to see whatever project comes next.
Your user name is too funny :KEK:.

The game already has a lot of replay value. So much so that some scenes can't be accessed in a single playthrough, and some story arcs such as Chandra's are completely different depending on some crucial decisions.

This game will not be abandoned, for god's sake. Don't even mention that. Philly is working full time on this and he's one of the most professional devs you'll come across. As long as he wears a mask when he's out of his home and washes his hands regularly there'll be nothing to fear.

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
Your user name is too funny :KEK:.

The game already has a lot of replay value. So much so that some scenes can't be accessed in a single playthrough, and some story arcs such as Chandra's are completely different depending on some crucial decisions.

This game will not be abandoned, for god's sake. Don't even mention that. Philly is working full time on this and he's one of the most professional devs you'll come across. As long as he wears a mask when he's out of his home and washes his hands regularly there'll be nothing to fear.
I'll fight all the windmills in the land if it means I get to humiliate Shanlon again. I'd also settle for sticking it up Katie's pooper. Preferably both

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I'll fight all the windmills in the land if it means I get to humiliate Shanlon again. I'd also settle for sticking it up Katie's pooper. Preferably both
Unfortunately Katie is too vanilla for anal i think, but i do hope for another hardcore session with Shanlon if she survives next episode. :p

Reactions: xXwankerXx

lpg98

Dec 20, 2019
City of Broken Dreamers [v0.7.0] [PhillyGames] (4.51 GB)
580 MB zip unofficial pc compressed (slightlyreduced image/video/audio quality):
- - - -

Performed using:
UnRen v0.8 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)
The Compressed version is the same that the game uncompressed???

PS-Sorry my bad english n_n

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
The Compressed version is the same that the game uncompressed???

PS-Sorry my bad english n_n
yes, it just decreases the quality of the images, audio and video files.

Reactions: lpg98

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
How does depravety effect the game?
Like so:
Come on Aristos....haha. You said you still don't know but proceeded to give the correct answer anyway. Haha. It's all VN story path driven and those "depraved" answers/points will affect interactions...dialogue...and yes, unlock specific scenes (the Shanlon one is a prime example).
Posts like these are easily found using the search input field in the top right corner (which defaults to searching 'this thread'). Have fun!

mr_bad_boy

Dec 16, 2018
That could possibly be something about your system and not the games, actually. Especially if it happens with many games.

What OS are you running these games on?
Do you have Python installed on your system?

Nevermind, I just got the same error trying to load an old save in the new version of "Little Sister".

It seems to have something to do with the Ren'Py SDK being downgraded for the new version of the game:
Version 0.1 of the game was built on Ren'Py 7.3.5.606 and I had 2 save files created there.
Starting the newly released version 0.3 of the same game and trying to load one of the old saves gave me the same error:
Code:
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix
...and full traceback follows.

Since it reports about a missing module, I suspected that Ren'Py SDK may have been upgraded by some new buggy version, but what I actually discovered was that the new version of the game has been built on Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092. It means that Ren'Py has actually been downgraded and save files created by a newer version of Ren'Py can't be loaded because the older version is missing a module that exists in the newer one.

One way to play the new version of the game that has been built on a downgraded Ren'Py version is to start the game from the beginning.

The other one is to upgrade Ren'Py to the version that was used for the previous version of the game: copy folders "renpy" and "lib" from the older version of the game into the newer version and overwrite existing folders and files. Then these old saves that were actually created by a newer version of Ren'Py will work again without the missing module error.

In this case both the new version and the previous version of the Broken Dreamers have been built on the same Ren'Py 7.2.2.491. I'm guessing that the previous compressed version was upgraded to a newer version of Ren'Py by the person who compressed the game and now saves created there won't work with an older version of Ren'Py either in the uncompressed original game or in the new compressed game that hasn't been upgraded to the newer version of Ren'Py.

You should open log.txt file from the previous compressed version of the game and look at the Ren'Py version number. In case it's newer than 7.2.2.491, then I was right about the old compressed version running on a newer version of Ren'Py.
In that case you could copy "renpy" and "lib" folders from that old version into the new one to upgrade Ren'Py to the same version that created those save files.
man, you are a life saver. copying "renpy" and "lib" folders from old version to new version worked like a charm. cannot thank you enough.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 418 Votes