RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
COBD is far to be finished. We have just 7 chapters until now and I presume that the dev intend to put 12 chapters or more in the game. The version 1.02 is because steam store not allow games in beta version(0.9 per example), I think.
It is not that, Steam allows games unfinished (early acess). It is because he decided to separate the game in two parts.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Dear colleagues Ghosts.

Our replacement fixer Steam got us a new mission, which should start from tomorrow. There are not many details yet. It's just clear that it will be about hunting people or objects in Los Angeles, the City of Broken Dreamers. These subjects are referred to as "Achievments".

How many targets do you think there will be?
Are you going to get them all? Even those paths we've refused to follow until now?

My types are 42 achievements and if there is one on the dark path of Chandy I will not get them all. But It could be a reason to test Victoria`s bitch path "spelbound".

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Never understood the appeal of achievements...i play purely for fun, why even bother to collect them ingame or Steam ones

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
The thing about achievements is...they don't change the game one bit. They're just added bonuses for people who like achievements. Why bother complaining about something that absolutely has no effect on the story or the art?

It's easier to focus on what's positive (unique story and great graphics) than to pan something that you are not required to do.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
We're in the CoBD thread, of which Philly is the dev, so the reference is irrelevant. You should make this argument in a thread where you feel the dev fits that description.

• Haha
Reactions: BisonFan02

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017

Dev Update #56
So Steam release is fast approaching, a lot of work was done on that side this week. This includes adding items for the guide as well as a ton of balance changes which makes the game play out much more smoothly and naturally. Still doing testing there but it will be available here soon.
I did not do much on the animation front this week since we had a pretty crazy heat wave and sleeping next to my render machine while it renders overnight is not a happy time when it is this hot lol. Still, managed to get a bunch done game wise, even with all the administrative stuff that had to be done. Animation count is the same but for renders we are now at 412. The image posted above is what I am currently working on, which has new environment that is looking pretty nice.
Besides the custom renders this month I also am planning to do another comic, so expect a poll for that mid month.
As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly
Comic? What comic?

Reactions: Bigbro970

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
It does however have a huge effect (for small devs) on development time. So yes it does affect story, as if they were not pandering to the low-attention/impress their mom crowd they could be spending their time more constructively with the actual story/development.

In my opinion....
I admit I don't know what you're writing about. From your statement, it looks like you think that achievements require a lot of work to create.

You already have a number of flags in the game. Execution requires only the assignment of already created flags to individual achievements and the use of an adequate texture from the game as an icon.

It demand some coding time, but it is insignificant throughout the Steaum distribution process. We must not forget to invent them take time as well, but I consider this a fun part of the whole operation.

EDIT Bez názvu.png

Last edited:

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
Well, Congratulations PhillyGames!
Game was just released on Steam :)
For 7.37€ a catch and a great way to support if youcant go Patreon.

Keep it up man, I loved DA, love this one even more.

Reactions: Real Kreten

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but those comics have never been leaked here. So before anybody asks, don't bother asking. It's not gonna happen unless Philly changes his mind and gives his blessings.
$20+ tier for the comics....should be a new one this month.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
is there a way to make the text bigger?
Try pressing A. This works for every ren'py engine game. :)
It does however have a huge effect (for small devs) on development time. So yes it does affect story, as if they were not pandering to the low-attention/impress their mom crowd they could be spending their time more constructively with the actual story/development.

In my opinion....
No it doesn't. Achievements are one of the last things added in a game, so it doesn't affect how the story was made one bit.

Reactions: Real Kreten

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
can we only chase one girl at a time?
You can chase all of them... but as the game advances you may loose some options to score (points but not only) with some girl if you choose to go for another... and you'll probably have to settle with just one in the long run. At this point you can be exploring the insides of 4 main LI's though (plus a charming plastic sexbot and a kinky human sexdoll)

4.70 star(s) 417 Votes