Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Dammit, same old story with the cropped head why so :oops:
I'm starting to believe what you said. I'm sorry for you, buy hey! Shanlon's body has sexier parts than the crown of her head :HideThePain:

Another week, another disappointingly vague dev diary. I'm getting the shakes, here!
Well, it may be vague for your you given your interest in statistics and charts, but Philly said the game will probably go into beta-testing in two weeks. That's some pretty precise and relevant info.

Testing in 2 weeks. I'm assuming a couple more weeks for the testing and the last animations. So the update should be out in the first days of September, maybe even earlier. Slightly over 4 months of developtment, that's pretty good all things considered.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
So that preview with Shanlon points at some new relevant info being shared with Jake, but I'm 99% convinced it won't involve any sex scene with her. Firstly, it's too soon after that gigantic threesome scene. Secondly, it's in broad daylight and she's in her own jacuzzi at home.

I'm sure one sex scene will be with Chandra for 2 reasons:
1) It's been ages since she had some fun, the poor child.
2) Remember that old preview from December or January that Philly eventually removed from ch 9? The one with Chandra lying on a reception desk? :HideThePain:

Now, it's time to hypothesize about the protagonists of the other 2 naughty scenes:
My candidate number 1 is Victoria.
My candidate number 2 is Sasha.
There might be room for surprises as usual.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Okay, so I stuck with the same game plan as the week before and I think that has worked out well for me. Also started into renders again late this week.
So a few more renders were added bringing it over 900 now, I only have a handful of animations left and those will be very large that I will save till the final phase when things go into testing.
Then as for testing I hope that starts in a couple weeks. So yes, things are getting close :p
This one will be a more straight forward run with many small variations throughout.
Also to free up things quickly this month so ease that final stress mode I think I will do the monthly customs next week so expect a poll on Monday or Tuesday for that.
As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Another Shanlon scene? I am starting to think she is the dev's favorite.:sneaky::p

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Isn't she everybodys?
Nope. Considering the girls tiers shared by a few users last week, far from it.

Victoria is the dev's favourite. Her fans can rejoice.
Mmmm... I don't know about that.
She's had the same number of sex scenes as Ellen for example, and only one more than Chandra and Katie.
Obviously, Vicky is going to be featured in a lot of scenes since she represents the other side of the story. It's her, Meredith, and little more. She has to be there to move the events forward with her participation from Baynard's POV.
On the other hand, the MC's side of the story included many female chars: doc, Ellen, Gloria, Chandra, Sonja... Each of them is bound to receive less time since they're all on the same boat so to speak.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
You might haven't witnessed really kinky reasoning over there. What about the Jill auntie "theory", the Isabella axe murderer theory, the Sage daughter of Jade theory and the Tybalt adopted by Jade and/or Stephen theory. Of course everything is based on the in-game evidence
A bit of off topic but to my defense the body on Isabella's closed room and the BDSM dungeon were made up as mostly a joke. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
So that preview with Shanlon points at some new relevant info being shared with Jake, but I'm 99% convinced it won't involve any sex scene with her. Firstly, it's too soon after that gigantic threesome scene. Secondly, it's in broad daylight and she's in her own jacuzzi at home.

I'm sure one sex scene will be with Chandra for 2 reasons:
1) It's been ages since she had some fun, the poor child.
2) Remember that old preview from December or January that Philly eventually removed from ch 9? The one with Chandra lying on a reception desk? :HideThePain:

Now, it's time to hypothesize about the protagonists of the other 2 naughty scenes:
My candidate number 1 is Victoria.
My candidate number 2 is Sasha.
There might be room for surprises as usual.
Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
Anyone can relay to Philly that we don't want Venus scenes anymore?

I've never tried it, but when you get on the path where Gloria breaks Venus, is she gone from the game? Or is she just fixed by the next scene? Honestly, that one scene with the 2 optional modes would have been enough. I'm tired that every convo we get with another character, she pops the door open and she be like. Wanna gibe me $1000 for another scene? Can't i pay her $1000 and at least have her in soldier mode so she can take those guns and help me fight the cop robot? She can be a doctor on a whim, so why not extra firepower with a big triple D protection shield for my character?

And as for the people complaining about Lack of Chandra scenes as well as Sasha is a forced character comments, remember that Chandra too was a side character with no relevant story that ended up forced on us. But Philly made that side story about Abby, her spying on her mom, so there's always hope for Sasha. I didn't play this game for a long time because the main picture to sell the game i saw on most sites was that Chadra picture with the neon yellow light dress from the start of the game in the club, which was a big turn off for me, so if i can get over that, y'all can get over that my irrelevant side character might get a forced scene too.

Also, Since the game is about halfway, i think it's time to not introduce anymore characters. Branching paths with LI focus will start to be more present as we will have to pick a main LI to pursue, which mean more stuff like last chapter's infiltration, which seemed shorter because you basically have a part of the game that is 3 times the same path with a different girl, so a different viewpoint of the same part. Production wise, it's as if it was 3 different modulees, but gameplay wise, it's 1. Scene number is always what, 2-3 per chapter? As you can't realistically make 1 per girl every chapter unless you make them bigger and longer to produce. Meaning about 1/2 to 1/3 of main character will have a scene per chapter. Meaning, stop dicking around with new girls like that fake ass bitch in the Pit, or that unnecessary cunt that is Shanlon 's protege because every scene with those means one less scene with a main girl.

And i wish i could have an asshole playthrough in which i could pop Kleo's cherry by bringing her to a tied up Meredith so she could peg her in the ass while Venus peg her in the front, and then i would activate a button and the whole building would blow up. I hate those 3 characters lol.

Last edited:

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Speak for yourself. I don't mind Venus at all.
Further scenes with Venus will most likely be to the detriment of other characters screen time. Wouldn't you mind sacrificing events with Victoria, Shanlon and Katie for the sake of Venus lewd content? ;)
Unfortunately, having to make sacrifices is unavoidable in the CoBD case due to the dev's human power restraint.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Can't i pay her $1000 and at least have her in soldier mode so she can take those guns and help me fight the cop robot? She can be a doctor on a whim, so why not extra firepower with a big triple D protection shield for my character?
Because it would be the pay to win feature. Mature people who are the CoBD target audience seek for challenge not for easier ways :HideThePain:

And as for the people complaining about Lack of Chandra scenes as well as Sasha is a forced character comments, remember that Chandra too was a side character with no relevant story that ended up forced on us. But Philly made that side story about Abby, her spying on her mom, so there's always hope for Sasha.
Chandra not being a primary LI since the start is a joke considering her first appearance, background, relative ties and views on Jake (the protagonist). Leastwise this mismatch is fixed. Yet I didn't hear Philly and his Discord staff mention major revisions of Chandra's plotline. Small note: Chandra is not my fav even though I am kinda defending her in this post.

I didn't play this game for a long time because the main picture to sell the game i saw on most sites was that Chadra picture with the neon yellow light dress from the start of the game in the club, which was a big turn off for me
As for this advt banner, I lean to agree with you that choosing Chandra only for advt pics is a very questionable decision to say the least, as it will highly likely give a false impression on the VN story and substance.

Also, Since the game is about halfway, i think it's time to not introduce anymore characters.
I think introducing new male characters is acceptable. There is a lack of them since the story start.

And i wish i could have an asshole playthrough in which i could pop Kleo's cherry by bringing her to a tied up Meredith so she could peg her in the ass while Venus peg her in the front, and then i would activate a button and the whole building would blow up. I hate those 3 characters lol.
Gosh, they all are side characters and just fictional bunches of pixels. Why hate them especially Meredith that isn't even supposed to be a fuck meat material. Meredith is an acting villain in an action story and she already goes slightly underused:
Underrepresented villain = Wasted villain​
Wasted villain = Ruined central conflict​
Ruined central conflict = failed expectations and spoiled experience.​

If someone played Far Cry 3 and 4 - say hello to Vaas Montenegro, Hoyt Volker and Pagan Min.

Reactions: Real Kreten

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Because it would be the pay to win feature. Mature people who are the CoBD target audience seek for challenge not for easier ways :HideThePain:

Chandra not being a primary LI since the start is a joke considering her first appearance, background, relative ties and views on Jake (the protagonist). Leastwise this mismatch is fixed. Yet I didn't hear Philly and his Discord staff mention major revisions of Chandra's plotline. Small note: Chandra is not my fav even though I am kinda defending her in this post.

As for this advt banner, I lean to agree with you that choosing Chandra only for advt pics is a very questionable decision to say the least, as it will highly likely give a false impression on the VN story and substance.

I think introducing new male characters is acceptable. There is a lack of them since the story start.

Gosh, they all are side characters and just fictional bunches of pixels. Why hate them especially Meredith that isn't even supposed to be a fuck meat material. Meredith is an acting villain in an action story and she already goes slightly underused:
Underrepresented villain = Wasted villain​
Wasted villain = Ruined central conflict​
Ruined central conflict = failed expectations and spoiled experience.​

If someone played Far Cry 3 and 4 - say hello to Vaas Montenegro, Hoyt Volker and Pagan Min.
Chandra originally wasn't a LI.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Chandra originally wasn't a LI.
She didn't have any points to gather in the initial versions.

Chandra too was a side character with no relevant story that ended up forced on us.
People on here have mentioned that she became so popular that Philly made her into a LI. So she might have been forced on you but there are plenty of people happy with it.

As for Sasha, we don't have a single scene with her and she's been showing up a lot. She filled other roles in the plot though. But given she an attractive woman there's most likely going to be some sexy time down the line.

I enjoyed Venus' scenes but she does kind of sit on the edge of the uncanny valley for me.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Venus's malfunctions are quite interesting and may bring about relevant events in the future. So from that perspective her character is welcome to take up a consistent role in the story.

HOWEVER, it's sex scenes with her that need to stop. There have been 3 sex scenes with her, two of them with two different variations. 3 sex scenes is the same number as Chandra and Katie each currently have.
I personally don't dig her model at all from a sexual POV; it seems... well, artificial with exaggerated proportions and plasticky/glossy skin. That's my personal preference, but even if I found her realistic and sexy I would still say the same about her sex scenes: they get in the way of the characters that really matter.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The reason Venus has so many sex scenes is because she is literally made for sex. Her role, as far as sex goes, is just to be available for sex when the other characters aren't for whatever reason. She doesn't require any buildup or reason for sex, it's her job and she is programmed to do it.

For what it's worth, I also don't view her as a real LI. She is sexual filler for the game.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
While Chandra may not have been a potential romantic interest from the start she was heavily involved in the plot from the begining. Kleo also has been added to the plot in a more organic way, going from a virtual date to being Sonja's partner.
That is quite different from Sasha being shoehorned into events after her role as the hacker's kidnapper ended.

Venus is definitely more interesting after she starts "malfunctioning", to the point i wonder what will happen to her on that path.

Last edited:

Hawky1984

Jun 3, 2019
Anyone can relay to Philly that we don't want Venus scenes anymore?

I've never tried it, but when you get on the path where Gloria breaks Venus, is she gone from the game? Or is she just fixed by the next scene? Honestly, that one scene with the 2 optional modes would have been enough. I'm tired that every convo we get with another character, she pops the door open and she be like. Wanna gibe me $1000 for another scene? Can't i pay her $1000 and at least have her in soldier mode so she can take those guns and help me fight the cop robot? She can be a doctor on a whim, so why not extra firepower with a big triple D protection shield for my character?

And as for the people complaining about Lack of Chandra scenes as well as Sasha is a forced character comments, remember that Chandra too was a side character with no relevant story that ended up forced on us. But Philly made that side story about Abby, her spying on her mom, so there's always hope for Sasha. I didn't play this game for a long time because the main picture to sell the game i saw on most sites was that Chadra picture with the neon yellow light dress from the start of the game in the club, which was a big turn off for me, so if i can get over that, y'all can get over that my irrelevant side character might get a forced scene too.

.....*otherbullshityoupostedhere*

Really. You're saying drop Venus and then you're saying others shouldn't be complaining about a lack of content for Chandra because it's a turnoff for you? Yeah, maybe let the dev just continue his excellent work so far. One can only hope he ignores your dumbass posts.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Further scenes with Venus will most likely be to the detriment of other characters screen time. Wouldn't you mind sacrificing events with Victoria, Shanlon and Katie for the sake of Venus lewd content? ;)
Unfortunately, having to make sacrifices is unavoidable in the CoBD case due to the dev's human power restraint.
It really depends on what Venus' future scenes are. If they give us insight into the characters (Venus, the MC or even one of the other girls), that's a worthwhile use of Philly's time. If it helps establish some plotpoint or setting details, that's probably worth it too. If its a memorable, innovative scene in its own right, that could also work. (Ideally, it would be all three.)

The problem comes when Venus gets more scenes that are functionally equivalent to scenes we already have: more of the same sex, in the same location, without shedding new light on anything. That's the rut several of the girls have been in lately (Katie being the most glaring example), and Venus is very vulnerable to it. Her malfunctions in Chapter 8 are a good way to avoid that rut - in theory. The problem is that the malfunctions are optional, so Venus' scene was 80% same old with a 20% interesting garnish if you were lucky enough to order it in advance.

Going forward, I'd rather give Venus more unique scenes, even if that means they only trigger in runs where Gloria wrecked her. (Mind you, there are other characters I'd rather see get scenes first; I'm just assuming Venus will get another scene eventually.)

MilfMaster90

Sep 26, 2017
Nope. Considering the girls tiers shared by a few users last week, far from it.

Mmmm... I don't know about that.
She's had the same number of sex scenes as Ellen for example, and only one more than Chandra and Katie.
Obviously, Vicky is going to be featured in a lot of scenes since she represents the other side of the story. It's her, Meredith, and little more. She has to be there to move the events forward with her participation from Baynard's POV.
On the other hand, the MC's side of the story included many female chars: doc, Ellen, Gloria, Chandra, Sonja... Each of them is bound to receive less time since they're all on the same boat so to speak.
the tiers that users created last week ara laughable and pathetic, classifying girls like Vic and Shanlon in D/F tiers as basically garbage.. is just the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Better ignore that stuff

4.70 star(s) 418 Votes