gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
If you mean DA remastered with better graphics & animations, then Philly was pretty emphatic back then that it's not on his radar.

It was 7 chapters into Book 1, and based on the comment it's roughly the half-way point, the best guess is 14 total. If that is correct then there are 4 chapters left.
That still feels like a long way off the game might not be finished till 2023

Oct 2, 2021
That still feels like a long way off the game might not be finished till 2023
We're thinking Chapter 11 drops around or a bit before Xmas

12 will most likely hit late spring in '22
13 probably mid/late autumn
and 14, if that's the end, probably very early spring again in '23, so your estimation is probably right

but that all depends on Philly and how much he's going to put in each episode. He's probably going to start the beginning of the endgame in Chapter 11, if not, 12 I would think. Then you have the LI routes to being tying off so it's certainly going to be another 16-18 months at least before we see the ending to this.

Plus, throwing in whatever life things happen and whatnot, so we'll see.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly, tonal issues aside, it just didn't fit too well with the way the rest of the game was done. It was literally the first thing written for CoBD 0.1 and we felt the new intro fit better. We did it for the Steam release, so the rest of the game would be a bit more cohesive and that release was the perfect time to fix anything we wanted to do. If you want to complain to anyone, I'll take it at me... sorry you preferred the older version, and I can see why you would, but at least you know why it was done, and when.
Hi there Burt, nice to read you again, as usual. Thank you so much for burting in :HideThePain:
I knew you were probably the one responsible for the intro. And I could imagine the reason why you changed it; as I wrote in one of my previous comments this week, you resorted to a kind of external narrator that isn't common in Philly's games, and the tone was perhaps a bit grandiose at times (no offence).

If there's something I like about the way in which you and the rest of the team have written CoBD it is how straightforward yet expressive every sentence is. You don't make use of those excessive inner monologues or random thoughts that most devs resort to, but try to convey what the characters (especially the MC) are feeling by different means.
Moreover, rather than narrating, you show; instead of tautologically describing in words what we already see, you let the truth shine through for us to interpret it. I've always loved that.

That being said, you could have envisaged the intro as something separate and unique; a device to introduce and set the tone of a great story, which could then have been absolutely different as far as narrative style is concerned.
Take for example the introductions to certain classical plays (or their acts), in which a narrator often offered a taste of what was going on or what would happen, giving then way to the action where there was obviously only dialogue and no narrator involved.

(...)

Bottom line....it was going to be tweaked. One could argue that it should have received a trim rather than shaved (hair cut reference) and that argument would have more legs IMHO.
And this would have been in my opinion too the most appropriate way to go about it.
The intro could have been tweaked and toned down without losing its essence. Now it's short and soulless.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hi there Burt, nice to read you again, as usual. Thank you so much for burting in :HideThePain:
I knew you were probably the one responsible for the intro. And I could imagine the reason why you changed it; as I wrote in one of my previous comments this week, you resorted to a kind of external narrator that isn't common in Philly's games, and the tone was perhaps a bit grandiose at times (no offence).

If there's something I like about the way in which you and the rest of the team have written CoBD it is how straightforward yet expressive every sentence is. You don't make use of those excessive inner monologues or random thoughts that most devs resort to, but try to convey what the characters (especially the MC) are feeling by different means.
Moreover, rather than narrating, you show; instead of tautologically describing in words what we already see, you let the truth shine through for us to interpret it. I've always loved that.

That being said, you could have envisaged the intro as something separate and unique; a device to introduce and set the tone of a great story, which could then have been absolutely different as far as narrative style is concerned.
Take for example the introductions to certain classical plays (or their acts), in which a narrator often offered a taste of what was going on or what would happen, giving then way to the action where there was obviously only dialogue and no narrator involved.

And this would have been in my opinion too the most appropriate way to go about it.
The intro could have been tweaked and toned down without losing its essence. Now it's short and soulless.
That's it. It's a prologue, there's nothing wrong with it if its style is different from the rest of the game. You just introduce the story, and then let it live on their own. As everything happens even before we know our MC, the different narrative approach worked well IMHO, the intro video being the key in order to divide both narrative styles without creating an odd feeling of incoherence. Once we are on stage the game is all dialogue, and that's good, but first prologue was a mood setter while the current one feels kind of empty, a prologue any 17 yo wannabe dev could have done for their landlady game. With all due respect.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
That's it. It's a prologue, there's nothing wrong with it if its style is different from the rest of the game. You just introduce the story, and then let it live on their own. As everything happens even before we know our MC, the different narrative approach worked well IMHO, the intro video being the key in order to divide both narrative styles without creating an odd feeling of incoherence. Once we are on stage the game is all dialogue, and that's good, but first prologue was a mood setter while the current one feels kind of empty, a prologue any 17 yo wannabe dev could have done for their landlady game. With all due respect.
That's a very good point.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Dev Update #105
Been a bit since we had an ass shot :p
This week we stayed pretty consistent on all fronts. A good deal of animations as well. Next week I think it will be more dedicated to renders themselves though.
We are now sitting at 268 renders with 22 animations with one cooking and I will setup another to go tomorrow as well. I was going to do a poll for customs at the tail end of this week but I still have some work to do on this scene. When I am ready I will post that though, so expect that in a couple days.
This is also long weekend for many here, I know in Canada we have Thanksgiving on Monday which I totally forgot about. My mom will be pissed...
Past that, enjoy your time off and have a great weekend!
As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Dev Update #105
This week we stayed pretty consistent on all fronts. A good deal of animations as well. Next week I think it will be more dedicated to renders themselves though.
We are now sitting at 268 renders with 22 animations with one cooking and I will setup another to go tomorrow as well. I was going to do a poll for customs at the tail end of this week but I still have some work to do on this scene. When I am ready I will post that though, so expect that in a couple days.
This is also long weekend for many here, I know in Canada we have Thanksgiving on Monday which I totally forgot about. My mom will be pissed...
Philly
Looks like we're making consistent progress. Philly completed 68 static and 5 animation renders this week. That's a slight downtick in the static rate and a bigger uptick in animations from last week. His overall average now stands at 53.6 statics and 4.4 animations per week, which looks like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not much to say beyond that. We still seem to be on pace for a Chapter 10-size release by the end of the year.

I should leave the ass game to the experts, but the background is interesting. Seems like this ties in with the Victoria pic from two weeks ago.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
why would da need remaster aka graphics update?
Because it is an older game and Philly was learning "on the job" admittedly for the first 5+ updates. That being said, 0.0% chance it gets a remaster.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Dev Update #105
Philly
Is that Victoria? :unsure:

Reactions: AlienEDM

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It appear so. Her tits are big, which means that could be her... or Shanlon... or someone new on the game.
Yeah either one of them is the most likely person. Doubt someone new will be introduced to the story, unless is just some eye candy shot like some of the ones in the mutant's private nightclub.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Guys there's absolutely no doubt whose home that is.
Even if you're not a big fan of hers and don't recognize her delectable derriere (it's a bit wider than those of the other girls), we have been in that apartment before.

Just have a look at the lamp, the couch or the wall above the bed.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Guys there's absolutely no doubt whose home that is.
Even if you're not a big fan of hers and don't recognize her delectable derriere (it's a bit wider than those of the other girls), we have been in that apartment before.

Just have a look at the lamp, the couch or the wall above the bed.

Nice Catch (y)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Nice Catch (y)
Thanks.

NOW, that doesn't mean that there's going to be a sex sene with her in the next update.
It could well be a transition scene where she's talking with Hope while getting changed or something. We've seen that before.

But hopefully not. Hopefully we'll get an intimate scene with her after several updates (dream sequence not included) and another one with Chandra on that famous counter :HideThePain:

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Thanks.

NOW, that doesn't mean that there's going to be a sex sene with her in the next update.
It could well be a transition scene where she's talking with Hope while getting changed or something. We've seen that before.

But hopefully not. Hopefully we'll get an intimate scene with her after several updates (dream sequence not included) and another one with Chandra on that famous counter :HideThePain:
If i seen info here right there is also a scene where VIC in her red bra looking backward at mc and this is the second scene with mc. I hope they both come true. Being a Vic fan it's double good news and let's keep finger cross.

Well I hope she isn't just taking to hope while posing in seductive way. I am sure it's gonna be a good show for mc.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Imo Abby and Chandra are best girls.

But I guess Victoria is a fan favorite.

*cough* Aren't you forgetting someone, brother?

That's enough. I'm tired of seeing her being neglected!

I shall leave some wise words to people like you, by Captain Onishima:

"I'm sending in the tanks. I don't care what happens, just get those punks!"

1130090_Onishima_4915.png

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 416 Votes