Jan 23, 2022
I'm not really sure they're part of the main/side characters we met. But, early on in the game you get to have VR-like sex with one. I guess the tag is for that.

As for Depravity, I don't think it's about how worse the game will end. It's more like how your character's personality shapes throughout game and how you treat LIs on normal/lewd scenes. That's how the dev handled it on their last game(Depraved Awakening) but we really don't know how it will be here.
I did a high Dep Katie run, and it really didn't change much, some internal dialogue with her and a few minor things (i.e. in tthe taxi, Meredith & Sonja responses) otherwise, nothing that affected me with Katie. Don't know what'll happen with girls like Ellen or Gloria though.

Reactions: Zeruelll

ninjasamuri

May 28, 2018
It's difficult to get the Victoria scene ... but I also think the difficulty helps people understand her character.

Victoria is really closed off, doesn't trust anyone, and uses her body and sex to control people. It's difficult to get through that and have a relationship with her, which seems appropriate for her character.

If you want Victoria to open up, you need to focus on Love with her and avoid sex until she actually wants it. Until now Lust has pretty much been a negative stat for her because it's an opportunity cost for Love, and she doesn't take the MC seriously if she controls him or just wants to have sex with him.

However from a game perspective it's a bit confusing to pass up sex in a sex game, and I hope that people that want her path don't give up or miss it because it's so difficult to get.
It's confusing because the dev raised the requirements to be "in love"/in a good relationship with her from the last update, Everyone already knows that whether or not to have sex with her at the pool is a major deciding factor of her route but altering the game so you have to use every single opportunity to get Love points including the one at the start of the game that I would assume most people even those on the love path missed is a bit much

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Some people here forget this is a game in which you shape out your character... don't blame the dev for you acting like a horny dog when you have the option to act otherwise. Sure you don't know what the consequences on the long run would be, but that's the fun. Own your actions, if those actions don't let you get your desired outcome... well, it's a game, you've learned the lesson through playing it and now your only chance is to start over and make the 'right' choices. As it should be.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Some people here forget this is a game in which you shape out your character... don't blame the dev for you acting like a horny dog when you have the option to act otherwise. Sure you don't know what the consequences on the long run would be, but that's the fun. Own your actions, if those actions don't let you get your desired outcome... well, it's a game, you've learned the lesson through playing it and now your only chance is to start over and make the 'right' choices. As it should be.
By last chapter's dialog i start to think that the manslut route won't be ending well afterall. Yet. This game is fucking long. A monogamous route would end up being very dull.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
By last chapter's dialog i start to think that the manslut route won't be ending well afterall. Yet. This game is fucking long. A monogamous route would end up being very dull.
I guess we all have our own definitions of 'dull'. It only depends on what are you looking for in a game. Sure, if people just want to see every sex scene and are raging because they've missed one in this update... well, why bother with playing the game in the first place, just wait for the gallery unlocker

Reactions: jkjkjkjkjk

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I guess we all have our own definitions of 'dull'. It only depends on what are you looking for in a game. Sure, if people just want to see every sex scene and are raging because they've missed one in this update... well, why bother with playing the game in the first place, just wait for the gallery unlocker
What i mean with dull is that the romances of this game are very well integrated in the story and to have space for all of them, each them individually has very little space. The monogamous route risks to feel like a disconnected serie of events where you occasionally meet the girl and you don't feel like you are actually building something. Just my take.

Reactions: ename144

ninjasamuri

May 28, 2018
I'm struggling to find a game on this site with better art direction.
It's definitely at the top end, I can't think of any other 3D game here that looks better or even as good though I'd argue Artemis is close. As for 2D outside of Japanese games I'd say anything by Studio Kuma, Knightly Passions, Love Sucks, Sylvia, Aurelia and last but not least What A Legend all have great direction. A lot of other 2D games don't have consistency/have multiple artists which gets in the way of a dedicated direction/vision but yeah Broken Dreamers is very distinct

Jan 23, 2022
I've been doing a monogamous Katie route for a little over two years. Hasn't been dull at all. :cool: But that's the kind of person I am; I like being devoted and loyal to one girl.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
What i mean with dull is that the romances of this game are very well integrated in the story and to have space for all of them, each them individually has very little space. The monogamous route risks to feel like a disconnected serie of events where you occasionally meet the girl and you don't feel like you are actually building something. Just my take.
Well, it's not a dating sim where you can choose who to invite on a date. Here you're trying to save an innocent girl while being targeted by a couple of megacorps. There's no much room for 'building', you have to take the few chances you get, yet I feel those relationships that are actually built (Katie's, Gloria's, Vic's) seem pretty well developed, given the circumstances. Ellen's too, although their relationship is different

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I've been doing a monogamous Katie route for a little over two years. Hasn't been dull at all. :cool: But that's the kind of person I am; I like being devoted and loyal to one girl.
Yet she gets less scenes of other LIs, and other gets even less then here. Imagine pursuing Sonia in monogamous or Gloria, with paths that startrs literally at chatper 10 of about 14 foretold. It's almost a "go for Viktoria or Ellen, otherwise your loss" type of situation.

EDIT: And i mean sentimental development, not necessarely the sheer sex scene.

Reactions: Razrback16
Jan 23, 2022
Yet she gets less scenes of other LIs, and other gets even less then here. Imagine pursuing Sonia in monogamous or Gloria, with paths that startrs literally at chatper 10 of about 14 foretold. It's almost a "go for Viktoria or Ellen, otherwise your loss" type of situation.

EDIT: And i mean sentimental development, not necessarely the sheer sex scene.
I never want to get mixed up in anything like would entail a multi-relation clusterfuck in this game, or any VN. Right now, there's no penalties or consequences for banging everyone. I don't think there was anything like that in DA either. You just said the choice of girls at the end, and you chose whoever. Don't know if Philly has that in mind here or if there will be any consequences for being a man-whore.

Either way, I know that my MC won't be a part of that, but it'll be interesting to hear from players who have "been laying pipe all over town" and see if shit flies in their face due to backlash. :ROFLMAO:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I don't think there was anything like that in DA either. You just said the choice of girls at the end, and you chose whoever. Don't know if Philly has that in mind here or if there will be any consequences for being a man-whore.
That's what i hope for. Also, i'de be ok if there where killer combinations, like Ellen not condoning MC sleeping with Gloria and this will bad end her route, in case. IMHO it should be ok to have some fuck buddy before the big commitment. I'm not either a fan of the harem option. I just think this games should let you 'play' without too much thinking.

ninjasamuri

May 28, 2018
Either way, I know that my MC won't be a part of that, but it'll be interesting to hear from players who have "been laying pipe all over town" and see if shit flies in their face due to backlash. :ROFLMAO:
I just tried that out in Become a Rockstar (was curious how it would work out if I avoided the main girl and tried it with everyone else) it was brutal but there are only consequences if you pursue multiple main paths the side scenes with side girls were completely unaffected, I wonder how common that is in these types of games in general, at least the ones that are finished/close to being finished. As far as I know it's either routes mostly in Japanese games where you can't even try to cheat and your choices are used to decide who you end up with (Comyu being an exception that I played recently to this) or full Harem where there is no expectation/the girls are willing to share.
Broken Dreamers is odd in how it straddles the line but at least with Ellen she does get a bit jealous if you slept with Victoria and how often (demonstrated by her love loss when she finds out) but even that gets swayed into her being jealous that you got to bang Victoria. Not to mention Sonja's first seen for a lot of players was when she barged in on them banging Ellen (Which Ellen felt bad about when she misunderstood the relationship) it really could go either way, I can imagine Ellen and Sonja being fine with it but aside from those two its iffy Chandra is a big candidate for a threesome scene with Abby eventhough Abby seems to think Chandra would be mad that the two of you did it, maybe Victoria but with how her Love path plays out who knows, maybe Katie if you get her Lust high enough.
The various main girls seem to be open minded enough that at the very least there won't be a big confrontation/heartbreak moment

Bay7

Feb 25, 2021
I don't understand why I was forced into a sex scene with Victoria even when I didn't pursue her and never had a single sex scene with her. I had to use the console to lower her score to avoid that scene. This is kinda bullshit tbh.

Reactions: Machete

yaksh000

Apr 25, 2019
You're lower than the duck shit
insulting duck shit.

Fuckhead!
look..... I'm Sorry, I didn't want to hurt your feelings. I really apologize for my behaviour, if it hurts you. Btw you really need to understand what sarcasm is and also kindly read f95 rules, it seems like you broke one
My wife of nearly 15 years would probably scare you,
Yah you right she would, Kids really scare me

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021
The original question was...
" formasual said: How exactly does depravity affect the MC? Initially I thought it was supposed to affect the girl in the convo, but the third time (I think) it referred to the MC. So now I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe a little of both?"

This was the only reply so far... not exactly answering the question...
Do you mean Lust? Both score and lust affect the relationship between Jake (the Ghost) and the woman and unlock scenes between them.
The question was specifically in regards to the MC's depravity score which is never shown on screen in game. It does, however, play an integral role in how the game plays. High MC depravity leads to more aggressive sex scenes including BDSM, anal and rough sex play. It also has an affect on MC's attitude and dialogue, I believe. That's how it was in Depraved Awakening. There are intimacy options opened by having a lower MC depravity score as well. I was actually here looking for more detailed information on this very subject today. It looks like I'll just have to keep doing my three way play style with one pass low depravity, one pass in the middle and one fully depraved MC pass as well. That's what I did for 6 plays of Depraved Awakening (I guess that actually makes that 18 plays...) and the way I've done all my plays through City of Broken Dreamers thus far.
Fortunately, the walk through at:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/03/1725403_walkthrough_v011.pdf
has all of the choices listed in how they effect the MC's and the NPC's scores. There just isn't any deeper explanation. That's what I was hoping to find today. I'm hoping this gets read and helps some of you out there in cyber-land.
I don't mean to discredit the importance of the score and lust numbers for each of the npc love interests, Boss. Certain dialogue options and scenes will not take place unless the MC has accrued sufficient score and/or lust points with the npc's, i.e. you don't get to sleep with Ellen after your initial meeting with her unless you have at least +1 score for Ellen. That's a rather simple example as there are multiple ways the earn that point. Anyway, that is all in the walk through linked above.
Big thanks to Philly for such an intriguing, exciting and sexy game! :)

Live long and prosper, Vin :cool: (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: kamuk_4185
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes