moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Quick Question, hope you guys can help me.
I downloaded the patch for chapter 11, extracted the content into the game folder of my BrokenDreamers-1.10.1 folder and overrote all files.
But now it still says 1.10.1 in the bottom right corner and when I load a new game it won't show any content from the new chapter.
Did I do something wrong?
If you really overwrote all files when extracting the patch to the "game" folder, maybe you still have some mod installed, probably

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Quick Question, hope you guys can help me.
I downloaded the patch for chapter 11, extracted the content into the game folder of my BrokenDreamers-1.10.1 folder and overwrote all files.
But now it still says 1.10.1 in the bottom right corner and when I load a new game it won't show any content from the new chapter.
Did I do something wrong?
I didn't have the same issue but did have some issues using the patch. So, I DL'd and installed the full version through chapter 11, allowed that to overwrite all and it works just fine. When I was still financially able to support Philly monthly on patreon, there were always update only patches available. However, I have always taken a fresh DL of the latest full version for all of my VN titles and allowed them to overwrite the old game files. Some game overwrites caused me to replay many titles from the beginning because the dev changed things that made my existing saves invalid. Not so with Philly Games. Philly has a plan and works that plan. He is very deliberate and doesn't go editing prior chapters. Once it is published, it is canon. So, I have never had any lost saves in a Philly game.
Hope that helps. Adventure ever on friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Shuls01

May 22, 2018
TBH, I'm hoping to see victory over the Red Moon dude and then it's orgy time!
Hahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO:
Wishful dreaming... I know. But, Red Moons aren't immortal or impossible to kill... just extremely difficult to defeat. MC already owes him two for killing Henry and maiming Ellen. So, I'm ready for some justice. Red should be smart enough to know Meridith can never be trusted. Yet, he is desperate to aid his people. Hell, maybe he'll see Meridith's true colors in time to avoid us having to kill him. I didn't let Venus fight him in my continuation save (just a temp to see what happened.) Instead, I used the "special ammo." So, I know we can hurt him. More importantly, I think he knows I can hurt him. I think we may need to have Venus compromise Red's armor so the "special ammo" can finish him off. But, that's enough of old Phat speculating in circles today. We'll see what we see when we see it. I've followed Philly's progress as a dev, playing every angle of every update and I know that we can trust him to deliver the goods. He always does. :)
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)
Well the Red Moon never maimed Ellen, it was Gloria by accident when using her power and also I'm pretty sure the Red Moon already knows Meredith isnt a good person he just thinks he can use her instead so I dont expect him to suddenly get a change of heart and help us.
During Ch7 If you do the Spellbound route and try to hit Victoria after getting mad at her the Red Moon will actually show up to stop you and when he does he will spot the "special ammo" and destroy it so you cant use it against him so that should be confirmation that that ammo will indeed hurt him pretty bad or he wouldnt even care about it. If you let Venus fight him I'm gonna guess she will 100% lose and end up either damaged or will get completely destroyed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaPhat

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
ch12meredith9.jpg
APR 16, 2022 AT 4:57 PM

Dev Update #124
Decided today to post a shot that I just really thought ended up looking cool. I mean we have to see the bosses eventually. Don't worry sexy stuff tomorrow.

So this week went pretty well, sitting at 288 renders now, also rendered out some nice stuff to share tomorrow with everyone, and we also have two new very nice animations added to the mix bringing that number up to 14.

Past that I will let you guys enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend!

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1760940
APR 16, 2022 AT 4:57 PM

Dev Update #124
Decided today to post a shot that I just really thought ended up looking cool. I mean we have to see the bosses eventually. Don't worry sexy stuff tomorrow.

So this week went pretty well, sitting at 288 renders now, also rendered out some nice stuff to share tomorrow with everyone, and we also have two new very nice animations added to the mix bringing that number up to 14.

Past that I will let you guys enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend!

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly
It looks like Philly's pre-Easter treat this week consists of 68 static renders and 2 animations. Overall average since Chapter 11 launched is now ~57 statics and 2.8 animations per week. In chart form:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Animations remain the bottleneck, and as anticipated the surge of animations last week was short lived. I was hoping we'd be able to maintain ~3/week, though. At 2/week, we're probably on pace for an early-ish September release. If we're lucky the pace could pick up again and get us back to the July/August range, but we'll have to see how things go.

Nice preview. I presume this shadowy cabal are the Baynard board, but we'll probably have to wait and see about that, too. Definitely curious to see what whoever they are will be up to.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
How renpysdk works ?
To add to what CXX said:
If you drop a game in the folder of Ren'Py SDK, you can play the game with the app that's included. You can also export a new app for MacOS.
Using the SDK is only necessary if the new pc update uses a newer version of Ren'Py than the previous version, or there is no Mac version available at all.
If you do have a previous Mac version, and the Ren'Py version is the same as the new pc update, it is far more simpler overwriting the game folder inside the Mac app (right click, show package contents, then go to /Contents/Resourses/autorun) with the new one. You can check the Ren'Py version in the file script_version.txt, which you can find in /Contents/Resources/autorun/game.
As a usual precaution, I advise to make a duplicate of the app before you start modifying it.

Reactions: Justin0603
Jul 18, 2018
Does this have multiple endings/path ways? For example, you choose "this" but now you can't do "that" unless you start a new game.

Mar 24, 2022
Does this have multiple endings/path ways? For example, you choose "this" but now you can't do "that" unless you start a new game.
We still don't know if there's going to be consequences for being a man-whore in this game yet. There really wasn't any in Depraved Awakening either. At the end, you chose your girl and got that ending. It could be the same here too, but for now, it's open season.

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes