PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
How to get Victoria Room Scene in Ch 11
There are two Victoria scenes in chapter 11 that form two check marks below the gallery image panel you circled...

1) Victoria in her apartment. This requires the player to follow Victoria's spell bound path through all the preceding chapters then it will happen automatically.

2) Anal on the motorcycle at the roadside overlook. There are steps to attain both right here in the forums. We've discussed this a few times now. It's been a while and is likely several pages back at present...

Was unable to locate that post but did dig up the chapter 11 walkthrough pdf for you. The post in question was from the fan author of the walkthrough so the answers to both scenes are in here...

Adventure ever on friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

PS: I haven't actually needed this walkthrough but I have had cause to post it several times now. Hope it helps you(y)

Last edited:

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
You do not need to delete all of your saves. If you just want to clear the gallery, then as Razrback16 suggested the solution is to delete the persistent file.

On Windows, Ren'Py stores your saves and the persistent file in two places. You need to delete the persistent file from both (which is probably why PapaPhat had problems with things coming back, only deleting things from one of the two places).

MrMax gave you one of the places (the 'bullshit' is the game id):
%AppData%\RenPy\BrokenDreamers-1521333194\persistent

The other place that Ren'Py stores saves and the persistent file is within the game folder where you installed CoBD:
..\game\saves\persistent

You should be warned that once you delete the persistent file from both places, the game will lose track of your progress through the dialogue too. Effectively it thinks you haven't seen any of it before, so Tab/Ctrl won't fast forward through scenes you've done in the past. To work around that you need to go into the game Options and change Skip to Unseen Text.
THANKS!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Reactions: Meushi and PapaPhat

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
Just to be clear... when I did my deletion, I wasn't attempting to clear a gallery and it was NOT this game. No way in hell I would ever delete my Philly saves! DA and CoBD have around 200 saves each and fully unlocked galleries! Hahaha :ROFLMAO: Mine was a case where I had enough of a certain game, deleted it, then after a few updates decided to give it another go, DL'd again and found all my saves restored! None of them would work in that new version of the game but when I tried to delete them, I only managed to nuke the game file saved folder versions and didn't know where to look for the other bullshit.

Thanks to MrMax for c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BrokenDreamers-<somebullshit> because just knowing c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ is enough for me to nuke old saves from Ren'Py games going forward. These games aren't even on my C: drive! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: But, I am sure that is where the PC stashed the extra copies.

Thanks to Meushi for adding clarity and thanks to everyone for an interesting topic. I hope that j01ntr0l1a was able to find his answer. I know I learned a new trick. Thanks y'all:devilish:

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)

This Below Worked fa sho!!!! sweet.. i get to start all over for fun thanks for tryin 2 help me out guys!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------
You do not need to delete all of your saves. If you just want to clear the gallery, then as Razrback16 suggested the solution is to delete the persistent file.

On Windows, Ren'Py stores your saves and the persistent file in two places. You need to delete the persistent file from both (which is probably why PapaPhat had problems with things coming back, only deleting things from one of the two places).

The other place that Ren'Py stores saves and the persistent file is within the game folder where you installed CoBD:
..\game\saves\persistent

You should be warned that once you delete the persistent file from both places, the game will lose track of your progress through the dialogue too. Effectively it thinks you haven't seen any of it before, so Tab/Ctrl won't fast forward through scenes you've done in the past. To work around that you need to go into the game Options and change Skip to Unseen Text

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

..\game\saves\persistent

You should be warned that once you delete the persistent file from both places, the game will lose track of your progress through the dialogue too. Effectively it thinks you haven't seen any of it before, so Tab/Ctrl won't fast forward through scenes you've done in the past. To work around that you need to go into the game Options and change Skip to Unseen Text
Nope! I prefer my galleries remain unlocked after the unlocking. I DO need to delete several hundred saves en masse from several games. Now I know how because you asked about galleries. Thanks for that. The persistent saves may or may not be retained... depends on if I ever plan to return to that game. I'm in no hurry though. Saved files aren't really that large and won't net me much free space but I find the less old bullshit with which my PC has to deal keeps her running smoother and faster. I'm also hip to skipping unread panel content as well.
Thanks, Phat (y)

Reactions: j01ntr0l1a

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
Nope! I prefer my galleries remain unlocked after the unlocking. I DO need to delete several hundred saves en masse from several games. Now I know how because you asked about galleries. Thanks for that. The persistent saves may or may not be retained... depends on if I ever plan to return to that game. I'm in no hurry though. Saved files aren't really that large and won't net me much free space but I find the less old bullshit with which my PC has to deal keeps her running smoother and faster. I'm also hip to skipping unread panel content as well.
Thanks, Phat (y)
lmao fair, for me i usually keep n like to keep my gallery under normal circumstances but Broken Dreamers is actually so good to me i wanna start all the way over i dont mind at all imma get hella stoned and play it all over again, cheers

• Haha

Sarif119

Mar 29, 2020
How to get Victoria Room Scene in Ch 11
[/QUOT which path you nee
There are two Victoria scenes in chapter 11 that form two check marks below the gallery image panel you circled...

1) Victoria in her apartment. This requires the player to follow Victoria's spell bound path through all the preceding chapters then it will happen automatically.

2) Anal on the motorcycle at the roadside overlook. There are steps to attain both right here in the forums. We've discussed this a few times now. It's been a while and is likely several pages back at present...

Was unable to locate that post but did dig up the chapter 11 walkthrough pdf for you. The post in question was from the fan author of the walkthrough so the answers to both scenes are in here...

PS: I haven't actually needed this walkthrough but I have had cause to post it several times now. Hope it helps you(y)
Thanks man
Is it possible to get 2 scenes at the same time if I am Spellbound Route
I am not in Spellbound Route that's why I got only motorcycle scene
If I get 2 scene at

What's the meaning in the red circle
I try Victoria Spellbound path then also I am not getting room scene in Ch 11(I have 6 Points also)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks man
Is it possible to get 2 scenes at the same time if I am Spellbound Route
I am not in Spellbound Route that's why I got only motorcycle scene
If I get 2 scene at

What's the meaning in the red circle
I try Victoria Spellbound path then also I am not getting room scene in Ch 11(I have 6 Points also)
If you have six points with Victoria you are NOT on the spellbound path. You missed something. Need to replay and follow the spellbound steps in the WT. Peace, Phat

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sarif119

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Each condition has a number so you can easily search the PDF where it can be set/unset.

In this specific case (#64) it is if you tried to grab Gloria in chapter 7 (Enact Victoria's plan), which in turn can only happen if you previously accepted to do that in Chapter 4.
Greetings MrBubu!:devilish: I tried to find that post where you had typed out all the steps for those two scenes but came up short. So, sending your WT was the best I could manage. Thanks for joining in.(y)

Sarif119, MrBubu is the author of the WT so he knows better than any of us short of Philly himself... and, you won't find Philly this side of his patreon page. So, you are in good hands.

Also, there is no cheat mod for this title. You HAVE to play the game to see the scenes.
Trust me, the juice is worth the squeeze!

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrBubu and Sarif119

sosa300

Oct 10, 2021
Ren'Py is platform agnostic. If the Ren'Py version hasn't changed since the last update, you can just download the Windows version and replace the game folder inside the Mac app with the newer one from the Windows update (right click app, show package contents, navigate to /Contents/Resources/autorun and replace the game folder found there).
Doesn't allow me to download a PC zip file onto a Mac

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PBS666

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
If this is really the case, reinstall your OS or buy a PC with a working OS.
Very funny, but rather useless advice i'd have to say. I can assure you MacOs is more than capable. I more suspect something's got lost in translation (or some antivirus software, which of course nowadays is always a bad idea on a Mac).

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Just says "This file doesn't appear to be a valid download file"
I am a lifelong PC user with limited experience with Mac. However, what I have noticed in Ren'Py games is that when they are designed for both PC and Mac there is Python code present in the files. I took a look inside the game files for v1.11.0 and found no Python code listed at all. So, the PC version may be a wild goose chase, IDK. That would explain why your Mac OS gives the error of an invalid file. There is no compatible script to be read.

N7, do you have any input on a Mac version for v1.11.0, chapter eleven? The last Mac version listed is for chapter ten.
Thank you. (y)

As I said, IDK for sure. However, looking at the files and finding no Mac folder or Python scripting listed it doesn't look good for Mac in the PC version IMHO. Apologies that I don't know more or have better news.:oops:

Adventure ever on friend, Phat:cool:(y)

sosa300

Oct 10, 2021
I am a lifelong PC user with limited experience with Mac. However, what I have noticed in Ren'Py games is that when they are designed for both PC and Mac there is Python code present in the files. I took a look inside the game files for v1.11.0 and found no Python code listed at all. So, the PC version may be a wild goose chase, IDK. That would explain why your Mac OS gives the error of an invalid file. There is no compatible script to be read.

N7, do you have any input on a Mac version for v1.11.0, chapter eleven? The last Mac version listed is for chapter ten.
Thank you. (y)

As I said, IDK for sure. However, looking at the files and finding no Mac folder or Python scripting listed it doesn't look good for Mac in the PC version IMHO. Apologies that I don't know more or have better news.:oops:

No need for apologies that's very helpful, thanks bro. I think I'll just have to wait for it to come out for Mac then

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019

Thank you. (y)

In Ren'Py the game folder is exactly same for Mac if it's made with the same version of Ren'Py. So swapping them works perfectly if that's the case. I always do this when the Mac version is behind.
And it should download anyway. I can perfectly download pc programs or files for Linux. It won't run, but is will download.

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes