PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
In Ren'Py the game folder is exactly same for Mac if it's made with the same version of Ren'Py. So swapping them works perfectly if that's the case. I always do this when the Mac version is behind.
And it should download anyway. I can perfectly download pc programs or files for Linux. It won't run, but is will download.
Dude! WTF good is a DL that won't run? There is NO Python script in this PC version. Why are you giving this person the run around? I don't get it. Phat out:alien:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Dude! WTF good is a DL that won't run? There is NO Python script in this PC version. Why are you giving this person the run around? I don't get it. Phat out:alien:
So you're claiming the pc version won't run ? Bizar that nobody else mentioned this before, isn't it.

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
He isn't, the users current problem is they say they can't download the file at all, they haven't even got to the point of extracting the archive & running the game. As PBS666 pointed out downloading the file shouldn't be a problem regardless of the OS.

PBS666 actually runs Ren'Py games on MacOS & regularly helps f95zone users on that platform. So perhaps it would be best if you deferred to someone actually familiar with MacOS?

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
No. YOU said that. "It won't run, but is will download." Those are YOUR words. I merely indicated the total lack of Python code in the chapter 11 PC version. I've seen Ren'Py games that have only one file for PC/Mac and they always have a Mac folder with Python scripting. THAT was my one and only point here. IDK Mac. So, if you know something I don't then have at it. Just seemed to me that y'all were just jerking this newbie's chain. If you can help, humble apologies.
Adventure ever on friend, Phat:devilish:(y)
You misunderstood me. I indeed meant it won't run, as in a pc version won't run on Mac, but for Ren'PY it won't have to. For the Mac version, we're only interested in the GAME folder, which then can be used to update an older Mac version.
If you mean the v10>v11 update lacks python files, yes of course. But again, they're not needed here. The necessary Python files are already present in the old installation.
Anyway, I know you meant well, so apologies accepted.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
tried pixel drain, racaty and gofile and get the same results
I just downloaded the complete pc version from GoFile without problems. Bizar. Are you using a download manager of some sorts? Which browser ?
Anyway, I just checked the v10>v11 update. If you can download that, you can then copy the contents to /Contents/Resources/autorun/game of the v10 Mac version.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
If all you really need is the game file, can't you just zip the game folder as an individual DL? If that will work just give me a few minutes and I'll have it for you.
Not for me, but it may be useful for Sosa300. If he can download it that is, which seems to be a problem for him.
Anyway, in this case the update patch would be enough, as it just contains some game files which he could then add to his v10 installation, as I mentioned here: https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-11-0-ch-11-phillygames.25739/post-8817896
This all assumes he already has v10 for Mac of course.
Signing of for now. It's 1:30 AM here now :sleep:

Reactions: PapaPhat

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
PS: Meushi, if I am wanting your input, it will be your name in the message header or multiquote. There is too much confusion in these forums as is without folks "piling on."
Happily this is a public forum, where anyone is able to provide pearls of wisdom without needing to be invited.

Hence some context, to minimise confusion among the existing correspondents. You're welcome! :D

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I've been following CoBD since around chapter 3...
Today I discovered this amazing trailer for the first time! hahaha:ROFLMAO:

There was a huge debate in forums some months ago about where CoBD actually takes place as it is never mentioned in the game... The answer is front and center in the trailer... Los Angeles, circa 2042...

Enjoy and adventure ever on my friends, Phat:devilish:(y)

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
I've been following CoBD since around chapter 3...
Today I discovered this amazing trailer for the first time! hahaha:ROFLMAO:

There was a huge debate in forums some months ago about where CoBD actually takes place as it is never mentioned in the game... The answer is front and center in the trailer... Los Angeles, circa 2042...

Enjoy and adventure ever on my friends, Phat:devilish:(y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.70 star(s) 409 Votes