Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
In the last update Victoria decided to stop to provoke Sonja when the MC said she is a fighter almost as good as him, so no Victoria did not let the MC win.
OK.......I just recall a fight scene in Victoria's apartment where it appeared to me she wasn't fighting him very hard, and she's supposed to be an augment.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
OK.......I just recall a fight scene in Victoria's apartment where it appeared to me she wasn't fighting him very hard, and she's supposed to be an augment.
The thing about Victoria is that she is not really a fighter. Her augmentation is more about a "seductress", that influence people to do her will. Example is her augmented body, her spellbound power and her easy way to disable robots.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The thing about Victoria is that she is not really a fighter. Her augmentation is more about a "seductress", that influence people to do her will. Example is her augmented body, her spellbound power and her easy way to disable robots.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Exactly. Being an augment means that you've received some superhuman skills, but these are not necessarily linked to war or fighting.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Not to mention that Victoria is a second gen and they are far weaker than first one.
Hmmm, I don't know about that. Why are you saying they are weaker? Simply because they weren't designed to fight?

First gen augment modifications were designed with war in mind. Baynard created powerful warriors, who were however doomed due to the instability of their limiters.
After high death rates among first gens, the company abandoned that line of work and focused on developing other super skills. Victoria may not have superhuman strength, but she can manipulate almost anyone who gets in her way, with the advantage that she isn't destined to an early demise (at least as far as we know).
Remember Philly's words: Victoria is a force to be reckoned with (ahem...) :HideThePain:

Reactions: AlienEDM

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Dude... If you haven't figured out that Victoria is NOT a combat model, you may be reading a story that is above your reading comprehension level. Victoria's strengths, made acutely sharp by her augmentations, are coercion, seduction, persuasion, sexual control, manipulation, infiltration, intelligence gathering, sensual massage, spy craft and other skills to compliment that sensually masterful mix. What she does NOT possess is a single ounce of real combat training or serious fighting ability. She likely has some very basic self defense training, enough to ward off a common mugger or sexual assault but even there she would rely heavily on her feminine wiles and mind controlling trickery to win any conflict. She has insufficient skills to battle our MC ghost once he breaks free of her spell binding power. If Victoria casts her spell and you fall under her influence, she can tell you up is down, black is white, evil is good, she is your godlike mistress whose every whim you must flawlessly obey or die and you follow along like a little lost puppy, begging for a few more scraps from mistress' table...

Sonja is the warrior as she is a ghost, same as MC. They are fairly even in combat prowess except MC is better with stealth and leadership skills and Sonja is the better marksman/sniper. The only other real warrior in MC's team is Venus. By benefit of her combat mode she is a rather formidable opponent. MC needed special ammunition to stand against Red Moon when they fled Betty's destroyed facility. If you chose the option to allow Venus to fight Red Moon, she sends him into a retreat with only her innate abilities.

I hope this helps, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

Seductress...
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.05.19 - 12.00.52.27.png
Warrior...
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.05.14 - 13.12.46.85.png

Reactions: AlienEDM

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Hmmm, I don't know about that. Why are you saying they are weaker? Simply because they weren't designed to fight?
If I recall correctly in the game was stated the first generation was created to become inarrestable war machines, but they were also mentally and phisically instable, so during the development of the second generation the enphasis was put on their phisical and mental stability. Moreover the second generation wasn't create only for the war, so they have a great spectre of enhancements in comparison to the first one.

Reactions: Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
If I recall correctly in the game was stated the first generation was created to become inarrestable war machines, but they were also mentally and phisically instable, so during the development of the second generation the enphasis was put on their phisical and mental stability. Moreover the second generation wasn't create only for the war, so they have a great spectre of enhancements in comparison to the first one.
Yes. A summary of this idea is even included in the Glossary section of the game, if my memory serves me.

Reactions: PapaPhat

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
1686412178534.png

Okay all the main work is now done on the chapter!
It is now off for proofing and all that fun stuff. I still have two animations to create and a few pickup shots but past that it is in good shape.
Since I will be away for a good chunk of next week there will not be a dev update next Saturday, but that should be okay. The next post will be the release anyway.
Expect that midweek after next. Just will want a couple days to fix anything that is found. Oh, and we will also do a poll for customs around that time as well. Always nice to work on those after a release. Was hoping to do a comic this month but that will happen next month instead.

As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Is anything about his new game known? Like the setting or a name at least?
From what I've gathered thus far, no title for the new project yet. It will occur in the same game universe as City of Broken Dreamers, will have a similar cyberpunk feel and have an all new cast of characters. That is ALL Philly has disclosed at present. TBH, I'd love to see a series of these games. We've nearly reached the end of City of Broken Dreamers: Los Angeles so next and future installments could easily see this world from new cities globally like CoBD: London, CoBD: Paris, CoBD: Moscow, CoBD: Hong Kong, CoBD: New York or CoBD: Tokyo... The possibilities are rather prolific!:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Hope that helps, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
2021-may-2.jpg

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Well, I'm really happy if the news about this new project are true. I love cyberpunk as a genre, and nothing will top COBD in that genre and not many are even trying to make a cyberpunk game,so Philly making a cyberpunk VN universe would be really cool and welcomed, if chapter 14 is not a final installment that must mean we either get a long epilogue or Philly decided to include more sex scenes with some underused characters or group scenes that would make 14th chapter too long. Either way I'm happy it's gonna be a cyberpunk game.

4.70 star(s) 417 Votes