Dec 12, 2022
hi everyone
i have a problem and i need help!!
first i download a full version for the game which the last one 1.14.0. and after unzip it and try to open the game it gave me and error message ( the application "broken dreamers" can't open! ) i don't know why!! and the old version i have 1.12.0 work fine..!!
then i notice the PATCH for chapter 14 with the links. so i download it. and first i thought a full game, then i see it it's only a patch. so i didn't know where i put it. after digging. i put it in the old game version folder inside a resources file. and the game work. but when the chapter 13 begun the photos doesn't show up!! only a black screen and the dialogue!!?? and a red text showing in the left upper game screen about a file not found..!!! is something wrong i do!?

also i have FPS and performance for the game showing in the same area over the ( info ) button. it's annoying and make a mess. i can't remove it. i didn't see anything for it in the settings menu..

so anyone can help with those!?

AM USING MAC. with macOS Ventura.

thank you.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
hi everyone
i have a problem and i need help!!
first i download a full version for the game which the last one 1.14.0. and after unzip it and try to open the game it gave me and error message ( the application "broken dreamers" can't open! ) i don't know why!! and the old version i have 1.12.0 work fine..!!
then i notice the PATCH for chapter 14 with the links. so i download it. and first i thought a full game, then i see it it's only a patch. so i didn't know where i put it. after digging. i put it in the old game version folder inside a resources file. and the game work. but when the chapter 13 begun the photos doesn't show up!! only a black screen and the dialogue!!?? and a red text showing in the left upper game screen about a file not found..!!! is something wrong i do!?

also i have FPS and performance for the game showing in the same area over the ( info ) button. it's annoying and make a mess. i can't remove it. i didn't see anything for it in the settings menu..

so anyone can help with those!?

AM USING MAC. with macOS Ventura.

thank you.
If your old version of the game is 1.12, you can't use that patch. You need to start with 1.13 and add the patch to that.
Since you already downloaded the full game, you have no need for the patch anyway.

The reason the game won't open is because it's quarantined by Gatekeeper. Apple doesn't like it when you use stuff not from their app store, so each with each iteration of MacOS they make it more difficult for users to do so.

That said, see this post for the fix https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-14-0-ch-14-phillygames.25739/post-11089555

Reactions: Meushi
Dec 12, 2022
If your old version of the game is 1.12, you can't use that patch. You need to start with 1.13 and add the patch to that.
Since you already downloaded the full game, you have no need for the patch anyway.

The reason the game won't open is because it's quarantined by Gatekeeper. Apple doesn't like it when you use stuff not from their app store, so each with each iteration of MacOS they make it more difficult for users to do so.

That said, see this post for the fix https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-14-0-ch-14-phillygames.25739/post-11089555
thank you for the help
after a few try. the game work with the second solution. i try the first one, but nothing happen when i hit enter..!!!
i think becasue i didn't have any issue before with this situation. always the games open after couple clicks after download them, noting like that..!!!

but in the end. the game work now.
and about the FPS and performance section on the screen. can i remove it or move to another corner!!??
because i didn't see anything for it in the settings or menu..
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 5.35.04 PM.png

thank you so much.

Reactions: PBS666 and xapican

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
thank you for the help
after a few try. the game work with the second solution. i try the first one, but nothing happen when i hit enter..!!!
i think becasue i didn't have any issue before with this situation. always the games open after couple clicks after download them, noting like that..!!!

but in the end. the game work now.
and about the FPS and performance section on the screen. can i remove it or move to another corner!!??
because i didn't see anything for it in the settings or menu..
View attachment 3070208

thank you so much.
If you just return to the prompt in Terminal, it means that the command worked. Otherwise Terminal would return an error message.
Don't assume because it worked in the past, it will work now. Apple is getting more strict with each version of MacOS.
About the FPS etc, you most probably hit some key on your keyboard causing the stats to be displayed. Can't say for now which one as I'm not at my Mac for the moment.

Darkenning

Sep 2, 2020
I mean it should be. Seems like that was what the MC was doing before the story started and all the girls seem to be ok with it during the story. Otherwise I at least want an ending where the MC goes off with Sonja and Gloria to do badass ghost work in other cities. Sonja invited him to and Gloria seems like she would be down assuming we get a handle on her powers somehow.
It's amusing that you think Gloria's going to be alive at the end.

Santan Dave

Oct 24, 2021
Whatever happened to that option where you could "share" Shanlon? It's a variable in the game code. With one final update left, it doesn't seem likely Shanon is getting a scene with multiple dicks. I wonder if Philly forgot or just scrapped the idea

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Whatever happened to that option where you could "share" Shanlon? It's a variable in the game code. With one final update left, it doesn't seem likely Shanon is getting a scene with multiple dicks. I wonder if Philly forgot or just scrapped the idea
Yeah, that still something to be see in the game. I am not sure if Philly still remember about that variable for an ending with "share" option for Shannon( I really hope he still is). The thing is, there is not much dicks in the game, except the MC, Kleo and (supposely) Redmoon. Unless, Philly is planning to bring some random guys to that variable path.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Whatever happened to that option where you could "share" Shanlon?
Whatever happened to checking the damn tags before posting in a game like this one's thread ?? Did u see any multiple penetration or that one damn 3-letter word you prolly looking for, cuz I don't see any of them ?? That's gotta be a hint or something, doesn't it ??:rolleyes:

it doesn't seem likely Shanon is getting a scene with multiple dicks
Props to Philly for that, cuz we don't need that bullshit here to spice things up. The story's too good for that.

I wonder if Philly forgot or just scrapped the idea
More like he played it safe to avoid getting any backlash or risk upsetting ppl to the point of unsubscribing. In case you missed it, and you probably did, the story took a big hit in the quality department in the last few chapters, for unknown reasons, so Philly couldn't risk disappointing his fans more than he already did. Sorry to all COBD fans like myself out there, but this is the truth.:cautious:

There's an interesting change in the conversation with Betty if the MC isn't ok with Venus giving that hacker dude (forgot his name) a BJ or having sex with him, and Betty tells the MC that harem bois, the guys who want all the women for themselves, are the greediest ones, or something like that. Can't remember in which chapter, but it was funny to see that line there, so maybe he does play it safe and pretends he forgot about that variable.

The thing is, there is not much dicks in the game, except the MC, Kleo and (supposely) Redmoon. Unless, Philly is planning to bring some random guys to that variable path.
Don't know, man. In DA, on the high depravity path, you could see that slut, Mrs. Turner, get fucked by two randos. It was probably on the bad ending, where the MC gets killed. Maybe Philly has or had the same thing in mind for Shanlon, or maybe he just hints that the MC will share her only with other girls like Chandra, who seemed interested in meeting her, or maybe with that freak gender neutral person, Cleo. There's a lot of possibilities and speculations here, who knows ?? We'll just have to wait and see. Since Ch15 is the last one, any sort of sharing will happen in this chapter or the epilogue, if there will be one. You'll just have to be patient and see what happens.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Whatever happened to keeping this story straight, huh?
Mc shared Shanlon with her asistant. Case closed.
Mc is not magnate idiot cuck looking to give assholes his babes for your sick entertainment.
MC is here to KEEP HIS BABES CLOSE AND PERSONAL. sO get OFF OUTTA HERE WITH SUCH INSULTING NONSENSE
Go play your preferred cuck games and stop fkking this thread up.
Yeah, that still something to be see in the game. I am not sure if Philly still remember about that variable for an ending with "share" option for Shannon( I really hope he still is). The thing is, there is not much dicks in the game, except the MC, Kleo and (supposely) Redmoon. Unless, Philly is planning to bring some random guys to that variable path.
Since Ch15 is the last one, any sort of sharing will happen

Last edited:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
It's amusing that you think Gloria's going to be alive at the end.
Hope you remember she's still an LI and that they found some sort of cure for the milcher disease in the last chapter, so it would be kinda amusing to know how you deduced that she'll die no matter what choices you make. Philly's not a certain other dev who forced you to choose which LI you save from the fire and which you let behind to become BBQ meat for the alien gods, so expect to see Gloria alive and well at the end of this chapter, hopefully, with a big belly full with mini-ghosts and wannabe Jean Greys.:p

either missed that or I don´t remember. Or both.
Use a mod to unlock all replay scenes in the gallery if you wanna know who Teri is and also get the sex scenes with her or just see other scenes you missed.

I suspect Katie will craft her a limiter to control her powers
Don't know if Katie's that much of a nerd capable to do that, but a certain shady company worth (probably) trillions and responsible for the augment program with a new, more competent leader like Vic definitely can, assuming she still wants to be a milcher for her powers instead of becoming a normal person again.:whistle:

Whatever happened to keeping this story straight, huh?
Go play your preferred cuck games and stop fkking this thread up.
Word, brother. Well said.(y)

Reactions: Prometheus51

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
Hope you remember she's still an LI and that they found some sort of cure for the milcher disease in the last chapter, so it would be kinda amusing to know how you deduced that she'll die no matter what choices you make. Philly's not a certain other dev who forced you to choose which LI you save from the fire and which you let behind to become BBQ meat for the alien gods, so expect to see Gloria alive and well at the end of this chapter, hopefully, with a big belly full with mini-ghosts and wannabe Jean Greys.:p

Use a mod to unlock all replay scenes in the gallery if you wanna know who Teri is and also get the sex scenes with her or just see other scenes you missed.

Don't know if Katie's that much of a nerd capable to do that, but a certain shady company worth (probably) trillions and responsible for the augment program with a new, more competent leader like Vic definitely can, assuming she still wants to be a milcher for her powers instead of becoming a normal person again.:whistle:

Word, brother. Well said.(y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Let's say she is a forgettable character, useful only to show how much Shanlon is depravated and make you smile (a little bit), when she start to fight with Shanlon during the newscast.

4.70 star(s) 421 Votes