moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Hello CoBD-Fans,

i have a question:
I had the Game-Version 1.13 already, downloaded the 1.14 Patch (from the link in the title post),
and (i think) installed it as intended (i.e. copied the 5 files from the archive over the pre-existing
ones in the game directory), i even started a completely new game.

But still, it ends after chapter 13, with the scenen with Ellen up on that stage, playing her guitar,
shouting "Hey L.A., are you ready"?
What have i done wrong, or what should i do differently do get into chapter 14?

Any help would be prime fuckin' appreciated :-D!

Thanx in advance,

Alexis the Dick Mitten
You probably had some mod installed in your 1.13

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Do you have to select a Waifu or can you bypass? It seemed like the game was trying to force me into selecting a honey bunny and I stopped playing at that point. Can you bypass the selection phase?

Last edited:

COOLMASTER

Nov 12, 2019
How is it a delay when there was never a promise for a release by the end of year?
No philly does up date around a time of 6 month , yes he get some times, but the work and the renders he did, need it
for sure i would like you more up date and mor less shorter..
but that means many high computer and a team...

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Lets talk about the numbers: Philly Games has a rate of three months per update release on City of Broken Dreamers. But, don't we forget that Chapter 15 is supposely to be the final chapter of the game, which means, it is expected to be the largest one and the one which will costs more time to be produced. Me, I think Philly is on schedule, considerating that Chapter 15 will probably have 1500+ renders and 120+ animations.

apollo32

Oct 23, 2017
As a form of protest, I will publish again!

This is one of the best games for me, believing in Philly's excellent work on Depraved Awakening I decided to support the project for a long time, but I stopped doing so due to the updates being too short and taking too long. My suggestion is to review needs, and not make excuses for them. :cool: (y)

A happy new year to everyone!:)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I think it's ridiculous that they delete opinions and posts on the forum, after all, can't we express our ideas? Can you just speak well, say thank you? I suggest being less ignorant and understanding adverse opinions too! (y)
Reasoned alternate opinions aren't the problem - it's obvious incendiary remarks by trolls, or people going on and on about lesbian encounters, things they consider NTR that other people don't, not having the kind of NTR they like, screeding about choices the Dev makes or doesn't make, including things as optional that offends them for even being part of the VN, etc.

Saying something like "I enjoy the VN, but am not the biggest fan of the FUTA/tattoos/presence of pubes/lack of pubes" etc., and then moving on isn't so bad, but when someone acts like a little brat and insists the Dev is awful for not taking something out, adding something in or whatever, that's the kind of thing that should be nuked from space and maybe even the person banned from the thread.

This is a pirate board for VNs. If someone is a patron and wants to be a little be-atch on the Discord or Patreon or whatever other forum, fine - the Dev can deal with them directly and determine whether their monthly contribution level is something they feel like keeping or not. But here, where most of the whiners are people that haven't ever contributed a dime to a Dev, fuck 'em, delete 'em, and drop 'em.

apollo32

Oct 23, 2017
Reasoned alternate opinions aren't the problem - it's obvious incendiary remarks by trolls, or people going on and on about lesbian encounters, things they consider NTR that other people don't, not having the kind of NTR they like, screeding about choices the Dev makes or doesn't make, including things as optional that offends them for even being part of the VN, etc.

Saying something like "I enjoy the VN, but am not the biggest fan of the FUTA/tattoos/presence of pubes/lack of pubes" etc., and then moving on isn't so bad, but when someone acts like a little brat and insists the Dev is awful for not taking something out, adding something in or whatever, that's the kind of thing that should be nuked from space and maybe even the person banned from the thread.

This is a pirate board for VNs. If someone is a patron and wants to be a little be-atch on the Discord or Patreon or whatever other forum, fine - the Dev can deal with them directly and determine whether their monthly contribution level is something they feel like keeping or not. But here, where most of the whiners are people that haven't ever contributed a dime to a Dev, fuck 'em, delete 'em, and drop 'em.
I completely agree, but my post had nothing to do with situations like these. (y)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I completely agree, but my post had nothing to do with situations like these. (y)
Your repost came in just as my post went up. If the original said basically the same thing, I think it falls into "no need to announce your departure, this isn't an airport" combined with an issue that really isn't something the Dev will notice here and deal with - it should be on another forum. Alternatively, it could be part of a rating given: "love the overall VN but disappointed with update pace and length". Of course, given the maturity level of this VN, with so many alternatives and branches, doing an update that has content for all of the paths - even if it is fairly scant for any given path - is going to take significantly longer than a kinetic VN that has no branches. Maintaining the early pace and level of content this close to the end is an unreasonable expectation.

sipsipsap

Aug 20, 2023
I am currently having an issue where the game literally CTD's. I attached my save file. Next click and you're back to the desktop.

Note: I am using scrappys multi mod.

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
Lets talk about the numbers: Philly Games has a rate of three months per update release on City of Broken Dreamers. But, don't we forget that Chapter 15 is supposely to be the final chapter of the game, which means, it is expected to be the largest one and the one which will costs more time to be produced. Me, I think Philly is on schedule, considerating that Chapter 15 will probably have 1500+ renders and 120+ animations.
So maybe in the next month the chapter will be dropped right?
each 3 months around 1k renders with 55 animations .
so 6-7months (currently 6 months so far) to complete the update.

Anyway the game is good so good really , thanks Philly Games for the game you done amazing job.

Reactions: AlienEDM
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes