Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
Pretty happy it is finally completed, but utterly dissapointed with this last chapter (as well as the last few, to be honest).

I also think it is pretty BS to have one year development time for only 2000 renders (according to the changelog), and still have the balls to call it a big meaty update. 2000 is usually 3-4 months dev time for this quality of game. I expected around 6000 as a game's finaly and expected many many endings. It also mesh well with what i've read so far with a lot of people unhappy that there was barely any endings. On that front, DA was much more varied and satisfying with even one where you die or a dick ones where your kid end up as a gangbang cumrag prostitute. Here, nothing but the 4 LI's and the no one pick.

I only have 1 path, and it's Ellen solo. The only persons i was also interested in fooling around were Sasha and Shanlon, but they made me choose between Sasha and Ellen, so she got sidelined, and for Shanlon, they kept forcing Teri on me and constantly only having ass-sex, which i dislike when overused.

My experience was basically 15 minutes of content. And why doe Ellen always go out in her shows with basically a piece of transparent plastic as a shirt with no bra? No big punch, no big reveal, nothing exciting even happened AND the Red Moon doesn't even die. We don't even do anything inside baynard except leave. We then do nothing else all episode because we're dying. After the hospital, we get a very short scene with multiple characters to say goodbye, never to see them again ever. I've got a Shanlon scene where (at least) i could dodge Teri, but it was fucking anal again. Then, i got a decently cute and wholesome scene going to Ellen's mom with Gloria in tow, and THE END. And after all of that, after the credit roll, I get a rondom scene from nowhere outside the game with the twins. I would have said no, but i dais yes just to unlock it in the gallery, then the game reboot. Kinda lame after all that wait..

I may replay the game and pick someone else. Won't be Gloria, as i have that feeling that it will be exactly Ellen's ending, but only the sex scene will differ. I'm not too much into Victoria's model and i find Katie to vanilla and boring, but i feel like i'll have to pick between those 2 since everyone else goes nowhere. Or maybe just go the sidegirls route and pick no one and klet Venus and Victoria die, just to see how the end completes.

Chapter 1 started strong with worldbuilding, story and intrigue. Chapter 2 seemed to be mostly running around in circles to try and create as many opportunities to pump 6 sex scenes per chapter with very small progress. Still worth it overall. I am a sucker for the Shadowrun / Blade Runner settings and will always appreciate a good game in said settings.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Mannn I feared we wouldn't get a Sonja ending and what we got wasn't much. She was my main playthrough. I know we get the "lets not divorce yet" dialogue with her but another scene with her would have been nice :confused:
Throughout the whole game, we only ever get one scene with Sonja, right?

test7777

Jun 6, 2017
For 1 year dev time, the update really felt disappointing. Especially Katie got such a small amount of content (and same in the previous episodes). Feels weird to say with 1 year wait, but somehow the endings felt short and rushed, almost like Philly lost interest.

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
I also think it is pretty BS to have one year development time for only 2000 renders (according to the changelog), and still have the balls to call it a big meaty update. 2000 is usually 3-4 months dev time for this quality of game. I expected around 6000 as a game's finaly and expected many many endings.
You did count animations, right? There's a huge chunk of them and it's not 5 seconds back-n-forth. That probably ate 90% of the time.

I only have 1 path, and it's Ellen solo. The only persons i was also interested in fooling around were Sasha and Shanlon, but they made me choose between Sasha and Ellen, so she got sidelined, and for Shanlon, they kept forcing Teri on me and constantly only having ass-sex, which i dislike when overused.
Shanlon seemed to be the secondary type of LI made for specific fetish role right from the beginning, so it's alright. But forcing Teri on us all the time did make it annoying af.

No big punch, no big reveal, nothing exciting even happened AND the Red Moon doesn't even die. We don't even do anything inside baynard except leave. We then do nothing else all episode because we're dying. After the hospital, we get a very short scene with multiple characters to say goodbye, never to see them again ever. I've got a Shanlon scene where (at least) i could dodge Teri, but it was fucking anal again. Then, i got a decently cute and wholesome scene going to Ellen's mom with Gloria in tow, and THE END. And after all of that, after the credit roll, I get a rondom scene from nowhere outside the game with the twins. I would have said no, but i dais yes just to unlock it in the gallery, then the game reboot. Kinda lame after all that wait..
It's an Epilogue kind of Episode, mate. What did you expect? Some kind of cliffhanger with another bad guy lurking in the shadows. Or something similar to Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC? Come on.

It's not that I'm trying to argue, just sharing opinions)
That's one of the rare kind of games in here that I haven't played to see sexual stuff.
The last quarter of the story was kinda underwhelming, gotta agree.
Still one of the best NSFW VNs there is.

Reactions: TundraMouse

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Book 2 does feel a little like running around in circles unnecessarily at some points. But it's still better than many other AVNs out there.
Well, the original plan was 12 chapters. They became 15.

Lack of a Chandra/Abby ending hurts my soul
They definitely are side girls.

Pity, it seems mc can't join the forces of evil.It's kind of boring that the good guys always win.
Honestly, they DIDN'T win. Vostok just replaced Banyard.

And honestly, I agree with you guys: the last chapter is disappointing.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Mannn I feared we wouldn't get a Sonja ending and what we got wasn't much. She was my main playthrough. I know we get the "lets not divorce yet" dialogue with her but another scene with her would have been nice :confused:
My thoughts are telling me that Philly still planning to review City of Broken Dreamers. Just my own guess, but, I think he is planning to make new "settings" to the scripts and make new paths before the final release of the game, just like he did back in Depraved Awakening. That way, maybe we could hope for a proper ending with Sonja.

Reactions: Ass Fan

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
I didn't get any choices to be with Victoria or Gloria? Am I missing something?
I think you have to give the green container to Gloria first or it breaks those routes.
At least for me I was scratching my head on getting that Gloria & Vic ending until I tried this.

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
It's an Epilogue kind of Episode, mate. What did you expect? Some kind of cliffhanger with another bad guy lurking in the shadows. Or something similar to Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC? Come on.
I tought i always read it was supposed to be the last (real) episode, with AFTER having an epilogue style chapter to see what happened to characters later.

Reactions: cccxxx
4.70 star(s) 415 Votes