Shado10

Jun 17, 2018
Can some1 tell me where to find Gallis? after u deliver the condolence letter? i cant find him somehow

Oct 16, 2017
I can remember several versions back that I could go to Narfu Village and complete a few quests there.
Can anyone explain to me why Narfu Village now is inaccessible?
Are the developers remaking the location and re-writing the quests or something?
I noticed there has been changes to Rathpike design-wise, which leads me to think that's what's going on with Narfu Village, too.

Edit: I found out they are doing an overhaul of the game's graphics, which does answer my questions above.
They're just doing it in an insanely stupid - blunt, I know - way that removes a lot of content for their players.
I can only guess at how many players this overhaul project must have lost them, given how to them it'd be an insanely large step back in terms of their progress.
If they were smart about doing the overhaul, they'd have implemented the overhauled versions as planned, while keeping the old content - minus what the overhauled version replaces - so that people could still access old content.
Doing it that way would've even given new players and old alike a perfect chance to view a Before and After take on the game and its overhaul progress.

I'll be waiting for yet another half a year or so before picking this game up again, but I'm not holding up hope for any new content to have been included that wasn't there before in the old non-overhauled version.

Last edited:

depeche

Nov 10, 2016
Humm, seems i'm unable to find the Urchins...
Searchind in the Undercity or in Rathpike ?

Can someone send a picture of where to go ? Thanks !

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]

Edit: I found out they are doing an overhaul of the game's graphics, which does answer my questions above.
They're just doing it in an insanely stupid - blunt, I know - way that removes a lot of content for their players.
I can only guess at how many players this overhaul project must have lost them, given how to them it'd be an insanely large step back in terms of their progress.
If they were smart about doing the overhaul, they'd have implemented the overhauled versions as planned, while keeping the old content - minus what the overhauled version replaces - so that people could still access old content.
Doing it that way would've even given new players and old alike a perfect chance to view a Before and After take on the game and its overhaul progress.

[...]
You only need to check their patreon monthly support at graphteon to see that none of this is true, you are just spewing uninformed nonsense about them losing patrons...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Also keeping the old code while adding new one would make a mess of bugs in the game and it would likely be unplayable.

So, maybe do a little bit of research before calling them stupid next time?

joojoov2

Aug 19, 2019
how much more content is there from when I last played this game? I remember the last time that I played, I was able to complete the tutorial and go to a island that had some content (the last thing i did was assasinate someone in a guild), and that island had a port that could go to 3 or 4 more islands, and those ones did not have any content on them.

Oct 16, 2017
You only need to check their patreon monthly support at graphteon to see that none of this is true, you are just spewing uninformed nonsense about them losing patrons...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Also keeping the old code while adding new one would make a mess of bugs in the game and it would likely be unplayable.

So, maybe do a little bit of research before calling them stupid next time?
"They're just doing it in an insanely stupid - blunt, I know - way..."
I don't know where you're getting that I called them stupid, all I see is that I mentioned that the way they were doing the overhaul was stupid.
You do realize that even a genius can do things in a stupid way, without that making him himself stupid, right?

"I can only guess at how many players this overhaul project must have lost them,"
Is clearly a guess on my part, as even with all the graphteon or statistics in the world, it'd be nearly impossible to figure out whether or not that has caused them the loss of any regular players from before the overhaul.

"Also keeping the old code while adding new one would make a mess of bugs in the game and it would likely be unplayable."
Funny how I've seen plenty of other games have done exactly what I mentioned, without the game-breaking down due to old code remaining alongside the new code, I guess those games must have just been lucky, or an exception to the rule then, yeah?

Oct 16, 2017
They say that the game is almost full restored:
I read that briefly, I'd say there's still 25% of Rathpike area missing from the game, and that's quite a bit even if it's just 25%.
I came back to play the game after a year or so because by then a game would've normally had more content to it.
It turns out that this game has even less content than before I quit playing a year ago, this is mostly because they removed the old content completely for whichever area they were overhauling.
I'll be waiting around another year before playing this game, hopefully by that time, they've not had another overhaul like this again, and there'll finally be more content.

Reactions: iainmore

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
"I can only guess at how many players this overhaul project must have lost them,"
Is clearly a guess on my part, as even with all the graphteon or statistics in the world, it'd be nearly impossible to figure out whether or not that has caused them the loss of any regular players from before the overhaul.

They lost me not just as a player but as a Patreon.

Architect

Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Love the game! Absolutely amazing use of the RPGM engine. Great art, innovative gameplay! Definitely worth supporting on Patreon!

Now don't get me wrong, I love the art and the scenes, but is there a skip function for scenes already viewed? A lot of the jobs in the game involve visual scenes (definitely a good thing!) but when you have to do the same jobs a few times to earn some money, the scenes can become a little repetitive. As I said, don't get me wrong. I'll still play the game without a skip function. I'm just also a bit impatient sometimes, so the skip function would come in handy from time to time.

In any case: Keep up the great work! Absolutely lovely!
That's a fantastic idea! I'll look into adding a skip function to the established Job Quests!

For this game, is there a clear storyline goal? So far I've been wandering mindlessly unlocking scenes. Doesn't seem I need to get anything in particular accomplished other than getting money for food?
There is one planned, but it's not part of the game yet! It'll be made clearer in future updates from 0.18 onwards. However, the 'main' questline can be ignored and is not going to be pressing. You can opt to pursue all the sidequests and other major questlines, like with Skyrim.

I found out they are doing an overhaul of the game's graphics, which does answer my questions above.

I'll be waiting for yet another half a year or so before picking this game up again, but I'm not holding up hope for any new content to have been included that wasn't there before in the old non-overhauled version.
Unfortunately I couldn't put them side-by-side because the way RPG Maker MV works is, there are 'tilesets" assigned to the game, and to bring in the new tilesets and graphics I had to replace them over the old ones. It would also be a nightmare of pathing issues as the new graphics are 'taller' than the old ones, which means the pathing is different for them and using them in conjunction would not only look messy, but make playability rather buggy.

What I did was leave up 0.15.2, which was the latest pre-overhaul version, and you could play that with the previous graphics and access all the old content whenever you wanted. You could then also play the new versions in conjunction, if you so wished!

Once version 0.18 is fully patched in though, the entire game from 0.15 will be back in, along with a substantial amount of new content that we've amassed during the overhaul process!

By the time you get around to playing the latest versions in a few months' time I hope you'll find it satisfactory!

how much more content is there from when I last played this game? I remember the last time that I played, I was able to complete the tutorial and go to a island that had some content (the last thing i did was assasinate someone in a guild), and that island had a port that could go to 3 or 4 more islands, and those ones did not have any content on them.
The entire tutorial/Prologue is done (and expanded!), and questlines from Valos are also greatly expanded. A second island, Rathpike, has also just returned. Collectively there are over 50+ unique scenes with their own CG sets!

I have also seen some feedback regarding the Gallery, and I agree it could be done better! I have decided to tighten up the Gallery, add "signs" for each scene, and hopefully that'll make navigation easier!

Thank you all for playing and I hope you enjoy the game thus far!

Please look forward to what we've got coming next!

Agent-Alexa

Dec 26, 2018
There is no skip button but you can rush through dialogue and scenes. If you downloaded the game, just press and hold enter to rush through dialogue/scenes. I think it might be the same when you play it online but I’m not sure

Davkin

Aug 30, 2017
There is one planned, but it's not part of the game yet! It'll be made clearer in future updates from 0.18 onwards. However, the 'main' questline can be ignored and is not going to be pressing. You can opt to pursue all the sidequests and other major questlines, like with Skyrim.
Awesome! I look forward to it.

depeche

Nov 10, 2016
Well. Still noone to help me find the urchin brothers ?
Unable to find them in Rathpike...
Thanks for any help.

PrivateEyes

May 26, 2017
Well. Still noone to help me find the urchin brothers ?
Unable to find them in Rathpike...
Thanks for any help.
I found them in the undercity (those areas that can be accessed by the barred doors). I got the scene while playing today, but not quite sure which entrance it was (think it's the one below the mercenary HQ in west rathpike).

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes