xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Can't start the game, every time I go through the intro or skip and answer questions I get an error. "Location: CalcStats Area: on visit Line: 492 Code: 118 Desc: Syntax Error!"

Reactions: Candy1970

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Can't start the game, every time I go through the intro or skip and answer questions I get an error. "Location: CalcStats Area: on visit Line: 492 Code: 118 Desc: Syntax Error!"
You are using the wrong player. - either manually launch the 1.9 sonnix one and manually point to the game file or make sure your file associations point to the 1.9 exe.

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
You are using the wrong player. - either manually launch the 1.9 sonnix one and manually point to the game file or make sure your file associations point to the 1.9 exe.
I'm using what's linked on the tfgamesite page. Now everything is either grey or I can't adjust the boxes

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Hmmm.. Try deleting the qqsp.ini file (its a config file for the player, views/settings/etc).
Rerun the player, load the game file.
Then in Settings > Show/Hide .. make sure Actions, Additional Desc, Main Desc, and Captions are all checked and if you want, Hotkeys for Actions (shows top num keys that can be shortcuts for actions), and see if that helps.

In Settings > Options.. i also force set font size to 9 for my own preferences, and make sure the HTML 5 is on too.

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Hmmm.. Try deleting the qqsp.ini file (its a config file for the player, views/settings/etc).
Rerun the player, load the game file.
Then in Settings > Show/Hide .. make sure Actions, Additional Desc, Main Desc, and Captions are all checked and if you want, Hotkeys for Actions (shows top num keys that can be shortcuts for actions), and see if that helps.

In Settings > Options.. i also force set font size to 9 for my own preferences, and make sure the HTML 5 is on too.
I can't even open the settings, nor any other option at the top of the main box. I click, they show I clicked but no menu drops down

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
I guess you can try running the vcredist that comes in the download.. iv never needed to run it, as.. there are so many other programs that need the vcredist.. its going to be already on most computers (yes there are diff versions, and this one is older, but still). If after that, if you cant even get the menu at the top "Quest / Game / Settings / Help" just running the player exe, not even loading or opening the game file yet (via Quest > Open Game..) (like the screen shot image in the OP minus the game image and text), then you got something else wrong your system that at this point i wouldnt have any idea where to start.

Hardor

May 29, 2020
Didn't think it was beyond most peoples ability to go one page back and find it.

Most people don't follow the chains every day and there is absolutely no guarantee if the answer you are looking for is tomorrow one page before or fifty pages before. Thus if you know answer to a question, the good conduit is to give a link and not make assumptions that people have same information than you.

I am also relatively sure that it wasn't one page back, because I riffled trough the previous page and such info didn't stick on my eye.

Hardor

May 29, 2020
By the way, are there still many missing pictures or have the problems been already solved on the current version?

SpeakSoftly

Mar 11, 2022
Most people don't follow the chains every day and there is absolutely no guarantee if the answer you are looking for is tomorrow one page before or fifty pages before. Thus if you know answer to a question, the good conduit is to give a link and not make assumptions that people have same information than you.

I am also relatively sure that it wasn't one page back, because I riffled trough the previous page and such info didn't stick on my eye.
Here's a link to a post (that was on the previous page at the time - assuming the forum defaults) that quotes a post (the one above it) that links to a post with a list.

Is everybody happy now?

ohhellyea

Jun 7, 2020
i haven't been able to unlock photo studio or any other area aside from business, university and redlight, any help?

Villi X

Jun 12, 2018
I am loving the updates for this, keep up the great work! I look forward to more of your progress~ <3

3.10 star(s) 22 Votes