Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I will agree with a lot of what you wrote. Of course "grind" exists in unnecessary form. So my comment earlier to which you may be referring was overly concise. But it was adapted to what happens on these forums. Any game with any "management" element (in the broadest term) will inevitably be described as "too grindy", no matter how many people may disagree. Even more so - again in my experience - if said game includes actual decisions, no matter how trivial. Games which would need you to go to the gym 100 times are happily CTRL skipped (if Ren'Py) with less complaints than games where you need to place girls into workplaces like here.
You can have "good grind" and "bad grind", the 2nd is boring - when you have interesting gameplay with decision that matter (like game like Theme ...) than it is at worst good grind - in general it is just entertaining.

Here you have no impact on the game. Yeah you can "manage" something, but what is the point? you have a starting girl and you can let her work to get some money. And its the same for several days - that is not fun. That is boring.
Then you have to "grind" her meter to get her on the next level before you can buy another room. The next girl can only work in the bar too.

The Persuasion is set in stone when you start it.
The rolls are predetermined. You can load as often as you want, it is always the same, they are not rolled on every persuasion action. So to game that mechanic, you have to enable roll back, and then you can get better preset rolls on your try.

The whole mechanic is not well thought out. The items are expansive as fuck (and dont have a price tag - so without roll back you are fucked ^^).

You can have bad luck and get 3 red icons in a row - and thats it. All "progress" lost. And that doesnt have consequences - it just resets the grind for the progress bar. Therefore it is pointless - you could just kick that out of the game. The only difference is, that the grind is less. Or just make it that you loose half the progress you made in that session... Currently it is just pointless grind for no reason - only to avoid that the player reaches the end of content to fast.

The problem with most of these games is, that they dont have enough content/functions/items/buildings ... you name it, to let the player play - it is just a linear path in most games. They are not complex enough so that the player can really have an impact on the progress.

Its the same with VNs - there are good ones and really bad ones and a lot somewhere in the middle. There are VNs where every choice matters (like something exceptional as GGGB) or where choices at least have enough impact so that you can have more than 1-2 endings - or even just games that can give you the illusion that you had an impact (not that common - hard to pull that off^^). And yes there are a lot, especially many "free roam" and "sandbox" games, that are just kinetic novels in disguise, because you just grind some stats to unlock the next segment of the linear story - or have choices that dont matter and just show you a sexy scene or not, or change the next scene slightly, but not the continuation of the story.

The raw concept of this game is nice, but it lacks a lot. The problem with these kind of games is, they dont work as good without content. A VN is always the same - writing and renders. But in this kind of games you need mechanics, options and progress + some kind of story.

But there is nothing here at the start. You build the first room (but you have no option, it could (and by logic, should) be there from the start, but you need it for the tutorial) and then you just click "next day" - then you grind the bar for the girl to have her work the next tier room. That is not gameplay, that is pure and boring grind.

There are no decisions to make. What drinks you serve, what music you play, what snacks you have ... THAT is what you should do in a "management" game about a club. But you do shit. You put a girl in a room and watch her. Thats a peep show (and a bad one) and not a management game. Oh and new girls get unlocked for no reason. You dont have any story that introduce them - they are just there. You dont need to advertise or look for them. They just apear. That is not how that should work in a management game - and not how that should work in a adult game with a story (somewhere in there). - MAYBE there will be some management game way down the line - but this is not a management game. Its a stats grinder.

And I dont say this has no potential ... but there is a lot of work to be done to make this into a management game with sexy girls and stuff.

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Haven't played but images looked interesting.
I see the prostitution tag, is that avoidable?
I don't want to pimp out girls/love interests

• Haha
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You can have "good grind" and "bad grind", the 2nd is boring - when you have interesting gameplay with decision that matter (like game like Theme ...) than it is at worst good grind - in general it is just entertaining.

Here you have no impact on the game. Yeah you can "manage" something, but what is the point? you have a starting girl and you can let her work to get some money. And its the same for several days - that is not fun. That is boring.
Then you have to "grind" her meter to get her on the next level before you can buy another room. The next girl can only work in the bar too.

The Persuasion is set in stone when you start it.
The rolls are predetermined. You can load as often as you want, it is always the same, they are not rolled on every persuasion action. So to game that mechanic, you have to enable roll back, and then you can get better preset rolls on your try.

The whole mechanic is not well thought out. The items are expansive as fuck (and dont have a price tag - so without roll back you are fucked ^^).

You can have bad luck and get 3 red icons in a row - and thats it. All "progress" lost. And that doesnt have consequences - it just resets the grind for the progress bar. Therefore it is pointless - you could just kick that out of the game. The only difference is, that the grind is less. Or just make it that you loose half the progress you made in that session... Currently it is just pointless grind for no reason - only to avoid that the player reaches the end of content to fast.

The problem with most of these games is, that they dont have enough content/functions/items/buildings ... you name it, to let the player play - it is just a linear path in most games. They are not complex enough so that the player can really have an impact on the progress.

Its the same with VNs - there are good ones and really bad ones and a lot somewhere in the middle. There are VNs where every choice matters (like something exceptional as GGGB) or where choices at least have enough impact so that you can have more than 1-2 endings - or even just games that can give you the illusion that you had an impact (not that common - hard to pull that off^^). And yes there are a lot, especially many "free roam" and "sandbox" games, that are just kinetic novels in disguise, because you just grind some stats to unlock the next segment of the linear story - or have choices that dont matter and just show you a sexy scene or not, or change the next scene slightly, but not the continuation of the story.

The raw concept of this game is nice, but it lacks a lot. The problem with these kind of games is, they dont work as good without content. A VN is always the same - writing and renders. But in this kind of games you need mechanics, options and progress + some kind of story.

But there is nothing here at the start. You build the first room (but you have no option, it could (and by logic, should) be there from the start, but you need it for the tutorial) and then you just click "next day" - then you grind the bar for the girl to have her work the next tier room. That is not gameplay, that is pure and boring grind.

There are no decisions to make. What drinks you serve, what music you play, what snacks you have ... THAT is what you should do in a "management" game about a club. But you do shit. You put a girl in a room and watch her. Thats a peep show (and a bad one) and not a management game. Oh and new girls get unlocked for no reason. You dont have any story that introduce them - they are just there. You dont need to advertise or look for them. They just apear. That is not how that should work in a management game - and not how that should work in a adult game with a story (somewhere in there). - MAYBE there will be some management game way down the line - but this is not a management game. Its a stats grinder.

And I dont say this has no potential ... but there is a lot of work to be done to make this into a management game with sexy girls and stuff.
I am ready to subscribe to a lot of this - especially the part with many sandboxes being just one kinetic novel, or maybe a couple of them in parallel in terms of story. (Which by the way doesn't have to result in a bad game.) However I'd argue that a story (and thus a game) is not only about the outcome but also about the way.

As an example: you mention that in the beginning you have to put the girl at the bar and wait for the money to come. (Never mind questions about mental stability) But this is common in games: you tap on one resource but that doesn't necessarily mean you have solved all issues with the resource, you'll have to wait for a while to collect enough wood to build the fisherman's hut, or similar. And I consider that a good thing in principle because it introduces a level of time that just feels more realistic to me than "Okay, you built the bar, so now you can earn money, let's skip that since it will happen eventually, you now have enough money to buy the second room".

This does not invalidate that this can be too long or too short or just not engaging at all to many (though that part will always stay subjective) but it still is gameplay. Heck, the popular clicker games consist of almost nothing but this.

As I said before, I think the main issue at hand is that many people are looking for the lewds primarily - which as I also said before is perfectly fine - and don't want to do actions like these. But then this game just isn't for them. Just like a furry game is not for those who are not into furry, a management game is not for those who are not into some gritty details.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I am ready to subscribe to a lot of this - especially the part with many sandboxes being just one kinetic novel, or maybe a couple of them in parallel in terms of story. (Which by the way doesn't have to result in a bad game.) However I'd argue that a story (and thus a game) is not only about the outcome but also about the way.

As an example: you mention that in the beginning you have to put the girl at the bar and wait for the money to come. (Never mind questions about mental stability) But this is common in games: you tap on one resource but that doesn't necessarily mean you have solved all issues with the resource, you'll have to wait for a while to collect enough wood to build the fisherman's hut, or similar. And I consider that a good thing in principle because it introduces a level of time that just feels more realistic to me than "Okay, you built the bar, so now you can earn money, let's skip that since it will happen eventually, you now have enough money to buy the second room".

This does not invalidate that this can be too long or too short or just not engaging at all to many (though that part will always stay subjective) but it still is gameplay. Heck, the popular clicker games consist of almost nothing but this.

As I said before, I think the main issue at hand is that many people are looking for the lewds primarily - which as I also said before is perfectly fine - and don't want to do actions like these. But then this game just isn't for them. Just like a furry game is not for those who are not into furry, a management game is not for those who are not into some gritty details.
Yes - your are right that need some unlock mechanic to not just dump content and that it is subjective if it is to slow or fast. But I cant see much more content. When you unlock the 2nd room, nothing changes. You place a girl there and everything stays the same. There are no new mechanics or resources to keep in mind and/or to manage.

And my steam profile shows - I can play games with grind and/or management - and I like good stories or make up my own ^^
steam01.jpg

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
Ability to clear room to it's basic state (empty) would be a fine option :WeSmart:
because now we can only to build another room after destroying the old
and any empty rooms makes minus to income. Where's that bossy mafia
girl, which lended 100K to MC's father? :cool: - I have close to 300K now :unsure:

After persuading girls to 4 (max level), there's no option to interact with ladies
besides "mental care" option. Any ideas on how to replay two new girls stories
after their content will be implemented? - we'll have to use old save file or mod?

Deeze

Jan 1, 2018
Love the character designs. I agree with the others that said the game is very grindy. We really need a way to play back previously unlocked scenes! And more scenes!

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
I like the concept, grind and all. However there is a big difference between slow gameplay and too damn fucking slow to cover for the lack of game content. It's annoying that the MC can only do one action a week.

Some things I'd like to see:
Adding a stripper room to the mix of available club improvements.
Putting in some other positions for the Love Room, like Doggy, Cowgirl, and Standing, to break up the monotony of watching your girls work in only the missionary position.
Adding in anal sex and an anal sex skill. Of course there has to be a scene of the MC convincing each girl by fucking them in the ass...

Reactions: Will-o-Wisp

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The Android Version coruptet with Trojaner TR/Crypt.Xpack Gen3. Please be careful when loading
I haven't checked the android download, so read my words at your own peril, but most "virus warnings" here are false positives and happen pretty regularily with Ren'Py games. (Not to say that your warning isn't welcome.)

Seuchenschleuder

Jun 21, 2020
Ich habe den Android-Download nicht überprüft, also lese meine Worte auf eigene Gefahr, aber die meisten "Virenwarnungen" hier sind falsch positiv und treten ziemlich regelmäßig bei Ren'Py-Spielen auf. (Um nicht zu sagen, dass Ihre Warnung nicht willkommen ist.)
[/ZITAT]
Dann frage ich mich, warum mein Vierer-Programm ausführlich und ausführlich beschrieben wurde, um welchen Virus es sich handelt? Ich möchte das Spiel nicht schlecht machen. Es muss nur einen Grund dafür geben. Vielleicht können andere Benutzer dies bestätigen oder dementieren. Dann nehme ich den Beitrag gerne wieder raus. Virenscanner von mir ist Norten
Die Möglichkeit, den Raum in den Grundzustand (leer) zu räumen, wäre eine gute Option :WeSmart:
denn jetzt können wir nur noch ein weiteres Zimmer bauen, nachdem wir das alte zerstört haben
und alle leeren Räume machen Minus zum Einkommen. Wo ist diese herrische Mafia?
Mädchen, das MCs Vater 100K geliehen hat? :cool:- Ich habe jetzt fast 300K:unsicher:

Nachdem man Mädchen zu 4 (maximaler Stufe) überredet hat, gibt es keine Möglichkeit, mit Damen zu interagieren
neben der Option "psychische Betreuung". Irgendwelche Ideen, wie man zwei neue Mädchengeschichten nachspielen kann
nachdem ihr Inhalt umgesetzt wird? - Wir müssen alte Speicherdateien oder Mods verwenden?
[/ZITAT]

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
(empty quote due to formatting issues)
Something went wrong with your translator, anyway: I cannot vouch for the safety of the Android version, but it is a known issue that false positives do exist with Ren'Py (if I remember correctly it has something to do with the 32/64 bit dichotomy).

However, a virus program will always give out a specific virus as the reason for its warning. It doesn't use something like "this looks shady" but has certain algorithms that give out "looks like this bad boy here". And something in the Ren'Py executables apparently looks similar enough that under certain conditions it triggers the warning. But here somebody with more knowledge has to take over.

Again, thanks for reporting, maybe others will have a closer look at it.

Jan 21, 2020
The game's graphics are great, I really like the character Emily - she's really very beautiful, the gameplay is also interesting. unfortunately there are too few interaction scenes with her, because she is so beautiful that when she completes her full lv4, I am no longer interested in playing with other girls, what a pity o_O

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
So just to be clear about the prostitution tag. Am i rly selling "my" girls? Would be a bummer for me.

Thx in advance!

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes