rossanna

Jan 3, 2018
as the dev menmtioned, this isn't the only way to get a light or the best one
it's just one of the ways
other ways could be getting the a flashlight and batteries from the lab and somehoww mkaing your way to the mansion, or getting the lamp from library
To do so you need to go through the rng bullshit and get the mansion bitch transformation. At least for going through the lab. The lantern may be easier, but i literally found no way to get it, so i can only assume you need to get the mansion bitch transformation because its in that room. Aka you need to pull the battery bullshit rng run no matter what at least once and hope it doesn't glitch.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
To do so you need to go through the rng bullshit and get the mansion bitch transformation. At least for going through the lab. The lantern may be easier, but i literally found no way to get it, so i can only assume you need to get the mansion bitch transformation because its in that room. Aka you need to pull the battery bullshit rng run no matter what at least once and hope it doesn't glitch.
not at all
you just need the black dress and east wing key to get into the dark room (it's now lit), go down the corridor and you get possessed and transformed
it's all it takes to get into Jessica's room, and it seems permanent, so you have to do it only once
from there, you go into her bathroom, there's the library key
you have to slalom the right way through the library or it will keep looping, but you can just get the lantern from there if you succeed

rossanna

Jan 3, 2018
not at all
you just need the black dress and east wing key to get into the dark room (it's now lit), go down the corridor and you get possessed and transformed
it's all it takes to get into Jessica's room, and it seems permanent, so you have to do it only once
from there, you go into her bathroom, there's the library key
you have to slalom the right way through the library or it will keep looping, but you can just get the lantern from there if you succeed
Just checked. No, it is not lit so you are wrong or we have yet another bug.

rossanna

Jan 3, 2018
Have you considered playing something else instead? You're clearly not enjoying it, and likely never will.
Already am. just saying for people not to expect much bc its buggy as hell right now. For example, the last save i did works fine until you turn on a flash light then it immediately crashes. Your art is great though.

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
Already am. just saying for people not to expect much bc its buggy as hell right now. For example, the last save i did works fine until you turn on a flash light then it immediately crashes. Your art is great though.
Hell, the game is damn good but there's quite a few points where it is generally impossible to tell if what is stopping your process is a bug, RNG, or a moment of genuine ineptitude. These things turn what should be a masterpiece on this sight into an incredibly frustrating and downright antagonizing experience. It's never a good sign when you can't tell what is screwing you over when each possible culprit is easily resolved. Bugs can be fixed, RNG can be dealt with... eventually, and moments of stupidity never last forever for most people. The absolute bafflement of not knowing what is and isn't a feature, areas that requires a specific item that are NOT tied to a set list of specific spawn locations, no clear indicators if something can or cannot be interacted with or items involved, and the always infuriating moments where careful exploration and experimentation is rewarded with locking yourself out of several areas of the map makes what should be a fun experience about as fun as bashing your head into a wall.

oomplaoompa

Apr 12, 2020
Sort of like the person above said, would be nice if the items you needed were guaranteed in the first few chests instead of clothes, or if there were just more chests.

b43

Jun 21, 2021
Just checked. No, it is not lit so you are wrong or we have yet another bug.
It's more likely that you have v1 of the new build, it's something that is patched in the later ones but they aren't freely available as of yet.

Disregard what I've said, the reply below should help redirect those with the hallway lighting issue.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018
Hell, the game is damn good but there's quite a few points where it is generally impossible to tell if what is stopping your process is a bug, RNG, or a moment of genuine ineptitude. These things turn what should be a masterpiece on this sight into an incredibly frustrating and downright antagonizing experience. It's never a good sign when you can't tell what is screwing you over when each possible culprit is easily resolved. Bugs can be fixed, RNG can be dealt with... eventually, and moments of stupidity never last forever for most people. The absolute bafflement of not knowing what is and isn't a feature, areas that requires a specific item that are NOT tied to a set list of specific spawn locations, no clear indicators if something can or cannot be interacted with or items involved, and the always infuriating moments where careful exploration and experimentation is rewarded with locking yourself out of several areas of the map makes what should be a fun experience about as fun as bashing your head into a wall.
Someone would need to correct me, if I am wrong, but if you get the west key and RNG says "no batteries for you", is there even a way to progress?
Can't get the red ghost due to not having the east key.
Going through the dark basement without a light and any way to orient yourself begs for restarting the game.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Someone would need to correct me, if I am wrong, but if you get the west key and RNG says "no batteries for you", is there even a way to progress?
Can't get the red ghost due to not having the east key.
Going through the dark basement without a light and any way to orient yourself begs for restarting the game.
then just get it next time
the kitchen pin is fixed for a playtrough, so it stays the same when you wake up and sleep again, adn it's the sole reason to get the west wing key
wake up (there's two coffee's in that west wing room on the table, they boost the stamina bar a lot), go to sleep (there's nothing to do in the awake world but change clothes for now) and take the east wing key
makes sure you're playing v5, there might be little luck needed but it's nearly guaranteed to get the right clothes from chests, go into the dark (now lit) hallway on the east wing
and for light, I've said it before, after you get yourself possesed and get acess to Jessica's room, you can get library key and from library you get a lantern

Dec 9, 2018
After 10 tries to get the jessica transformation I landed in the lab 6 times and got the transformation once. Then did not make it to the library because I woke up. The Load function did help making it there a bit faster. Maybe I am just that unlucky, but I will give this game another try, when RNJesus is not fucking me in the ass while I am playing it. Ignoring this detail this game is pretty nice.

PS:
After having been in the basement this red mist started appearing here. I guess it is a bug. Not sure whether someone already found it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rossanna

Jan 3, 2018
the latest is v5, and it is available freely in this thread, mods did a bit bad job of updating the OP though

this is where the v5 link is
Downloaded it to new folder. Played it. pretty much immediately found a few new bugs.
1) The mansion bitch transformation does not work after you return to your room and go back, so that means you now need to transform yourself every single time you go into the mansion and also find new cloths. On the positive there are more ways to transform now that are easier.

2) The terminal past the lvl 3 lab door immediately crashes your game if you interact with it while pregnant.

Still very buggy. Still recommend you wait if you just want to play the game and not test it.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Downloaded it to new folder. Played it. pretty much immediately found a few new bugs.
1) The mansion bitch transformation does not work after you return to your room and go back, so that means you now need to transform yourself every single time you go into the mansion and also find new cloths. On the positive there are more ways to transform now that are easier.

2) The terminal past the lvl 3 lab door immediately crashes your game if you interact with it while pregnant.

Still very buggy. Still recommend you wait if you just want to play the game and not test it.
well, since the beginning these were said to be gameplay test builds, os yeah, it's not the proper gameplay experience yet

Reactions: rossanna
3.80 star(s) 21 Votes