RPGM Completed Colette of the Ruined Kingdom: A Bizarre Princess Tale [Completed MTL Translation] [Ore Teki Shikou]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Feb 29, 2020
-snip-
EDIT:
Legible MTL is still slightly better than raw japanese, but it's disturbing that most of these games rarely get proper translation from real people. :unsure:
as someone who has gone through this effort in the past, it's hard to fault people for not wanting to go through with it; it's like pushing a boulder up a mountain, except instead of the victory condition being getting the boulder up to the top of the mountain, it's eroding enough of the mountain so that the boulder stops falling down it

in the time it took for me to fix one mtl'd word salad, who knows how many more popped up, like a hydra that doesn't understand basic pronouns and inexplicably thinks the word "salt" is sexy enough to scream during coitus

Yuno-Chan

Feb 21, 2018
Hmm? If everyone on the forum knows that only MTLs are done here, why would so many people ask for a detailed translation?
Have you never checked all the forums??? Seriously??? MTL's are not the only things done here I've seen some good fan Translations come out of the forums here as well. Honestly, what you said almost seems disrespectful to the people that actual bother to do all the work required to do a proper translation. I started one awhile ago granted not Japanese but French is what I had to work with still takes a lot of work. I've had to stop though due to irl shit so now I only have time to really check the forums and shit now but hopefully sometime in the future I can continue. I understand that MTL's are fast to come out but at least bother to go through them and edit it to the best of your ability not just run it through machine translator process and say I'm done. Because the instant someone does that the game is much less likely to get even an edited translation.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Have you never checked all the forums??? Seriously??? MTL's are not the only things done here I've seen some good fan Translations come out of the forums here as well. Honestly, what you said almost seems disrespectful to the people that actual bother to do all the work required to do a proper translation. I started one awhile ago granted not Japanese but French is what I had to work with still takes a lot of work. I've had to stop though due to irl shit so now I only have time to really check the forums and shit now but hopefully sometime in the future I can continue. I understand that MTL's are fast to come out but at least bother to go through them and edit it to the best of your ability not just run it through machine translator process and say I'm done. Because the instant someone does that the game is much less likely to get even an edited translation.
I was just checking the MTL requests zone. I didn't look any further than that, as I thought the other areas were alternative translations, like English > Spanish and thinks like this, or games that have no pregnancy content... Stuff that doesn't interest me.

I'm sorry if I failed to consider something important, if that's the case, disregard my words.

hevensdragon

Jul 8, 2018
Ugh Great why do these translators even get credited anyways? It's not like they really edited these kind of games they just put it into the program then just post it plus these uploaders keep on posting MTL games lol
That isn't totally correct, there is a few more steps, They do have to learn which parts are game code and which are dialog so as not to break the game as well as they also have to deal with some generic drm. So they are doing at least something, but yeah the unedited mtl really shouldnt be credited as a translator, they spend more time individually on each removing drm or checking the game works as well as downloading or uploading, so if you have to credit them for something those make more sense, still very little work, but it isn't nothing.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
That isn't totally correct, there is a few more steps, They do have to learn which parts are game code and which are dialog so as not to break the game as well as they also have to deal with some generic drm. So they are doing at least something, but yeah the unedited mtl really shouldnt be credited as a translator, they spend more time individually on each removing drm or checking the game works as well as downloading or uploading, so if you have to credit them for something those make more sense, still very little work, but it isn't nothing.
That was I was trying to say there are so many good games out here on the website that got marked as MTL Of course it would be obvious people are gonna complain why? Because the game is good then got butchered into MTL

Pecetson

Dec 11, 2017
(...)
It's irresponsible otherwise, I don't care that they take their time, I care and it pisses me off that they fill their upcoming releases list with titles and thus discourage anyone else from translating them.
That in my opinion, is lazy, greedy and irresponsible. They can do whatever they want, they can take as much time as they like, but for fuck's sake stop claiming games if you're not planning to release them anytime soon, scummy move in my opinion.
That's what happens when you reach nearly total monopoly. There really isn't anyone to contest. There are some translators here and there, yes, but they hardly get any recognition.
Also, is there even that many games coming out lately? I don't follow dlsite and other sources that much so I wouldn't know honestly.

Reactions: Jonathan Y

JAZZWAVE

Feb 17, 2019
Im real close to just saying dinbt upload this unless you have the essentials down, i mean seriously not even the menues are translated and what is translated is broken dick garbage english dont download this trash unless you have a patch for ytourself

• Angry
Reactions: Joeburqa

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
That's what happens when you reach nearly total monopoly. There really isn't anyone to contest. There are some translators here and there, yes, but they hardly get any recognition.
Also, is there even that many games coming out lately? I don't follow dlsite and other sources that much so I wouldn't know honestly.
Wdym ''coming out'' ? They're taking already released games, which don't have a proper translation and they re-release them on Steam in high quality english.
And judging by how many untranslated gems there are out there.....they have gigantic amount of potential future projects.
But like you put it, they are a monopoly, thus low to almost no competition means they can set their own rules and don't feel any pressure to improve.
Especially for their market, I mean most H games on Steam used to be low quality, buggy crap as far as Rpgm games were concerned, and then Kagura comes along and releases these fixed, translated, H games. And because they offer extra 18 patches on their site, they can bypass Steam's bullshit age restrictions crap.
So yeah, to sum it up, they done a hell of a job, too well in fact.

Pecetson

Dec 11, 2017
What I meant was fresh games which haven't been added to Kagura's planned translations lists. The newer game the better chance for it to be translated by someone else, where you can be sure that Kagura has so many other projects.

• Haha
Reactions: Rastafoo

May 6, 2017
What I meant was fresh games which haven't been added to Kagura's planned translations lists. The newer game the better chance for it to be translated by someone else, where you can be sure that Kagura has so many other projects.
Trust me, japan will never stop shitting out game every year to the point that it being so massive. This especially true with H-doujin game (what we usually got here).
Thing is, Kagura is proper company that more focus on profit unlike Fantranslation which they usually does it for their own satisfaction on getting the game translate and share their love toward the game.
So they usually go for the famous or popular one, thing that in demand, so being new is not good enough since it will not guarantee them profit especially when you put ton of work and hour on it.
That why when they buy those right on those populor game and dosent deliver it, people wont be happy with it, as you can see here.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Translating scripts breaks the game, so sometimes some remnants of Japanese are left, like status and names, but that's something minor.
Incorrect. Translating scripts incorrectly breaks games. Anytime someone has told me they have to leave something as Japanese because "changing it breaks the game" it is because they don't know what they are doing, or they are changing it with T++ which honestly is the same as not knowing what you are doing for most of the people on this site. If you know what you are doing you can pretty much change anything and everything to English without breaking the game. Just the more you mess with the more work it is to get it working properly.

Scripts don't care about human language, they care about scripting language and syntax.

SVDRed

Jul 13, 2019
Never understood why people complain so much about MTL. Even if it's hard to understand the plot it's still way better than having kanji everywhere.

As a suggestion, whoever packs those raw MTLs should include both original and MTL'd files, so anyone interested into the game can use them as base to refine the translation.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Never understood why people complain so much about MTL. Even if it's hard to understand the plot it's still way better than having kanji everywhere.
Do yourself a favor and don't try to understand. It always just ends in arguments and drama and will give you a headache :ROFLMAO: . Some people just can't help but share their opinions even though the majority of people couldn't care less what they think. It's human nature to complain. We all do it.

Reactions: Joeburqa

May 6, 2017
Do yourself a favor and don't try to understand. It always just ends in arguments and drama and will give you a headache :ROFLMAO: . Some people just can't help but share their opinions even though the majority of people couldn't care less what they think. It's human nature to complain. We all do it.
Hey man, that why twitter exists, or any social media really. This place in itself is already on its way to become the next 4chan.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hey man, that why twitter exists, or any social media really. This place in itself is already on its way to become the next 4chan.
That is a scary thought. The world couldn't handle another 4chan. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Alter
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes