Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I'd like to stay faithful to you Summer, but between Blanca and the veritable army of delicious MILFs, it's just not going to happen. Sorry. :oops:
I like to build my harem, but this is one I'm playing faithful, mostly faithful to Summer. Only accepted the Principals deal so I could blackmail her. Trying to decide if i want to keep going with her, I think it will depend how submissive she is.

The rest can get lost, especially Blanca.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Love the game but not excited at having to start over AGAIN due to broken saves.

My suggestion to dev, sort the broken save thing out IN A HURRY or people will walk, especially if you're planning short updates that torpedo the game. Most players understand that broken saves happen but they shouldn't happen often. In the beginning most games are usually short so restarting isn't a big deal. Once game content plays out for a half-hour/hour or so though (even shorter time for gamers w/less patience), nobody will want to start over multiple times when all they have to do is hit this site's LATEST UPDATES tab to find 20-30 other new games to choose from. And once they're gone, they're usually gone for good and your rep as a reliable dev takes a major hit.

You'll also never gain Patreon supporters if your message is "send me money so you can restart my game every update".
Dude, they are not an issue right now. I mean come on, it's literally 4 minutes from start to end of current content with skipping. Plus the dev is being upfront about it and trying to reduce and has already promised it will be less volatile in the future. Plus we had like 4 updates in almost as many days fixing bugs and problems.

I 100% with you sentiment later in game. But at least this is early days and not like 4-6 months between updates that break saves and require full restarts when there's an hour or more of content, and he's warned up front, again unlike other games (I'm looking at you Whores of Thrones) where each update has a 90% chance of breaking saves and there is nothing from the dev on it.

Reactions: -FOZ-

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
How dare u.....fight me bro...
View attachment 1057455
Meh she's too slutty for my tastes and too big titted tbh. I'll just through a red wig or some dye on Summer and she's perfect.

The only other woman that we've met so far that is slightly appealing to me is the english teach, and maybe Lui if she wasn't such a smug bitch and trying to take the MC's spot in Paris.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
Is there much new content in 0.2.9
Having to restart over and over is getting a real pain.

If the updates are coming quick and regular I may well wait a few months and replay from the start then.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
When I have to restart the game. I go into Renpy and delete the save files. that way you can start at the first save box and not constantly overwrite saves.
It sucks to have to start over, but the game is good, worth the restart.

Aero34

Oct 11, 2018
What new content is there with Lynda in this update? I played through it but nothing new?!

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
There seems to be a problem with variables in every update. in the previous update lydia acted as if MC didn't help her to clean the room even though MC cleaned the room. In this update Bianca dialogues were like MC didn't see the dildo even though MC had anal sex with her. Had to restart the game to make biance say that MC know what she's looking for.

Swag MeraDesi

Aug 3, 2017
Love the game but not excited at having to start over AGAIN due to broken saves.

My suggestion to dev, sort the broken save thing out IN A HURRY or people will walk, especially if you're planning short updates that torpedo the game. Most players understand that broken saves happen but they shouldn't happen often. In the beginning most games are usually short so restarting isn't a big deal. Once game content plays out for a half-hour/hour or so though (even shorter time for gamers w/less patience), nobody will want to start over multiple times when all they have to do is hit this site's LATEST UPDATES tab to find 20-30 other new games to choose from. And once they're gone, they're usually gone for good and your rep as a reliable dev takes a major hit.

You'll also never gain Patreon supporters if your message is "send me money so you can restart my game every update".
Didn't Summertime Saga become a huge game with a crazy amount of patreon supporters? If you played that game every update, you'll know they had plenty of save compatibility issues too. I understand it may be annoying, but this early in the game with less content, you can speedrun the beginning. Press tab to skip scenes

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Pretty much all of the decent games 'bless' us with having to start over, typically more than once, as the content matures. Anytime a variable changes or is added, or new characters added our old saves tend to blow up. Some author's have the 'go to sleep to update the game' fix down to a science, but sadly not all.
This one is early enough that it should not be too much of a burden! **Off to have some fun!**

Reactions: User1230

-FOZ-

College Bound & Baddies, Inc.
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2020
Some author's have the 'go to sleep to update the game' fix down to a science, but sadly not all.
Can you tell something more about that fix? Maybe I'll work on implementing something similar in the game if it helps with the save issue.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Can you tell something more about that fix? Maybe I'll work on implementing something similar in the game if it helps with the save issue.
Not sure how they work it exactly, but games such as 'Take Over' have used it. I would say the fix would be to load the old version Save in code (that is for you to figure out... not a high end RenPy coder, yet) and then get the player to 'sleep'. And during the initial sleep sequence add in the new Stuff so when they wake up they are ready to go.
Sorry I could not get more specific, I just do not know exactly.

Reactions: -FOZ-
3.40 star(s) 94 Votes