oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Can you tell something more about that fix? Maybe I'll work on implementing something similar in the game if it helps with the save issue.
Tearing out the entire phone system is too drastic of a change to make annealing the game state a simple matter. You would have to leave the old StoreModule unchanged so the save game can be loaded correctly, and then transfer the variables you want to keep from there to the new variables. Since this isn't freeroam that would have to happen at a fixed point, probably at the start of the new content. It's possible to handle arbitrary saves but it's a pain in the ass.

I wouldn't bother with it, and instead insert a prompt at new game start. "Start normal" or "Jump to new content" followed by a quick series of questions about what the player did to set up the tracking variables. You're not yet tracking that much that this should be more than a handful of them. MUCH easier to implement and far less prone to error.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1230 and -FOZ-

-FOZ-

College Bound & Baddies, Inc.
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2020
Not sure how they work it exactly, but games such as 'Take Over' have used it. I would say the fix would be to load the old version Save in code (that is for you to figure out... not a high end RenPy coder, yet) and then get the player to 'sleep'. And during the initial sleep sequence add in the new Stuff so when they wake up they are ready to go.
Sorry I could not get more specific, I just do not know exactly.
I'll check this game out, thanks for the info.
I wouldn't bother with it, and instead insert a prompt at new game start. "Start normal" or "Jump to new content" followed by a quick series of questions about what the player did to set up the tracking variables.
That's what I'll do in the next release! Thanks for giving me this idea, I think many people will be grateful for that.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.2.9 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
Didn't Summertime Saga become a huge game with a crazy amount of patreon supporters? If you played that game every update, you'll know they had plenty of save compatibility issues too. I understand it may be annoying, but this early in the game with less content, you can speedrun the beginning. Press tab to skip scenes
Some of you guys need to read full posts first before responding. I believe I said "most people understand broken saves happen..." did I not? My point was not to suggest broken saves don't exist or that there's not a currently acceptable workaround. The point is it's a bad precedent to set THIS EARLY in a game's development. This should be easy street. The forks in the road leading to serious broken-start over issues should come later, if at all. To be clear I'm not knocking this game. In fact I like it a lot and I like the models and its potential. This is a critique dev can take or leave but it's an issue and I'm clearly not the only one concerned since there are posts on THIS VERY THREAD of people that have already quit on this game for this reason.

And I'm glad you mentioned Summertime Saga bcuz I ditched that game for the very same reason. Many people don't care but many do. And popular or not, it begs the question, how many supporters did the dev/SS game actiually lose while creating an instable CF of a game? We'll never know but you can bet there were many.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
You can literally reach the same point from a previous save in less than five minutes holding ctrl. Leaving because of this is pretty much a textbook definition of a tempest in a teacup.

And i doubt Summertime Saga lost many people over it, more like a few left while many stayed.

Reactions: Naxos

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I find it weird that so many people have issues with their saves. I had 4 different ones and they all worked perfectly fine. Are you guys saving on the "continue" screen by any chance?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I find it weird that so many people have issues with their saves. I had 4 different ones and they all worked perfectly fine. Are you guys saving on the "continue" screen by any chance?
This is actually the first time I've had issues with my saves. But, it is what it is.

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
on the left is compressed version by Abhai on the right uncompressed one dev added a gallery to menu so hotspots are off in compress version when you click start it shows load menu . i downloaded the wrong one or what ? Screenshot 1.png

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
on the left is compressed version by Abhai on the right uncompressed one dev added a gallery to menu so hotspots are off in compress version when you click start it shows load menu . i downloaded the wrong one or what ? View attachment 1060718
yup he added a new gui images, ive used old ones/patched it.
missed it as i tested it by loading old saves, not trying to play it from the start.
either way, gonna post a fix for it, thanks for reporting.
it is not game breaking, it re-directs you to load screen where you have all options, including the start so you can start the game from there (just one more step).

Reactions: King Slayer100

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
Unofficial Android Port for College Bound v0.2.9

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Textsize, opacity slider added
Rename MC from menu added

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
This game is so much fun! :LOL: :love: I'm really having a blast. It definitely deserves more attention. Some characters may not be the prettiest in the AVN world, but they are attractive enough for me and are actually very sexy, even the older ones with the stretch marks; it just adds realism to the game, imo. Plus, all the characters are interesting and the situations they get involved with MC are very hot. Really the type of content that I enjoy. I hope it continues this way. Keep up the good work! (y)

Aug 3, 2019
FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT RESOLVE THE WIN 7 PROBLEM OF THE RENPY VERSION 7.4.2 RESOLVI SO WILL DELETE ALL FOLDERS RENPY LIB .EXE
AFTER PUT IN THE RENPY 7.3.5

Igneel1

The Slayer's Time Is Now
Compressor
Jul 1, 2017
The cluster is an issue on the server side as the links work fine for me but maybe u belong to a different region so a different server which maybe overloaded right now give it some time , these issue resolve by themselves

-FOZ-

College Bound & Baddies, Inc.
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2020
The cluster is an issue on the server side as the links work fine for me but maybe u belong to a different region so a different server which maybe overloaded right now give it some time , these issue resolve by themselves
Okay, thanks for letting me know. On my side it also works fine, so I guess if any of you guys have troubles downloading from Nopy, you should just wait a couple of minutes and try again just as Igneel1 said.

3.40 star(s) 94 Votes