Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
For someone who has never played this, would you all recommend checking out Season 1 now (after the most recent update to the OP) or wait until the Steam version releases and is potentially uploaded here?

Disclaimer: I'm one of those plebs that's a bit confused with all the name changes and I am also seeing something about how the end of "Act III" is abrupt b/c it bleeds into "Act IV, Part I", which is technically College Kings 2 (from what I understand), and this will, apparently, be fixed with the Steam release.
If you have NEVER played this, than I would skip the latest version, and download and play CollegeKings-15.1.0. It's not as buggy and starts from the very beginning, where as this latest version starts much later. There's A LOT of content in the original to keep you busy, trust me!

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
the game right now is borderline unplayable. i cant even set anyone as a FWB without crashing. i wish we could just use old saves instead of a pathbuilder.
I honestly feel the original game with the original code is better than this steaming pile of poop. If version 2 was meant to be less buggy, they failed. I played the first four acts without problems with CollegeKings-15.1.0.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
If you have NEVER played this, than I would skip the latest version, and download and play CollegeKings-15.1.0. It's not as buggy and starts from the very beginning, where as this latest version starts much later. There's A LOT of content in the original to keep you busy, trust me!
The part that keeps me from recommending that others play the original is that you cannot import your saves. This leaves me baffled. If I could fix one thing about the game it would be that. So if someone plays the original, eventually they will run smack into a dead end and have to fuck around with the broken path builder anyway and more than likely be unable to replicate their save with any accuracy.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The part that keeps me from recommending that others play the original is that you cannot import your saves. This leaves me baffled. If I could fix one thing about the game it would be that. So if someone plays the original, eventually they will run smack into a dead end and have to fuck around with the broken path builder anyway and more than likely be unable to replicate their save with any accuracy.
Import what saves? The guy has never played the game before, he'll HAVE to play the original to get the whole story. Version 2 starts near the end of the original, when they return back from Europe and the content leading up to going to Europe and Europe itself is huge! So if he never played the game, he'll HAVE to play the original and then wait for the save game ability to be implemented. No real choice in the matter.

Personally, I think they should ditch the new buggy, incompatible, code and version 2 and just put out a patch with the story that happens after 15.1.0. I had zero problems replaying 15.1.0 a few times over, no real bugs that I noticed. Unlike the many crashes with critical exceptions in version 2! Man, I have actually created my own video game, not a visual novel, though I am working on one, but one I programmed from scratch in C that wasn't this buggy. I would replay my own game myself with different conditions to make sure it worked. It did have the odd bug, but they were always obscure where out of the millions of downloads my game got, only one or two people experienced it. I won't say what game it was, except it was a free game I originally made for my late wife. Saying the name will give away my real name. :)

cdawg20789

Jun 25, 2018
Thank you for your short, and to the point, response. Much appreciated. That's what I will do then.

Mar 5, 2020
What bothered me was that changed in the new content. I played the older content when they returned and Charli wasn't in it as he returned home EARLIER so they fucked up the new content and had him come home with them. They also changed that dialog a little bit so the MC says that he was thinking about him when originally he wasn't at all. That bugged me. They fucked up. Charli didn't come home at the same time, stick to the story DEVS!

I just reached the end of the original content. Not sure if I even want to TRY version 2 with all the damn bugs it's littered with. I'll probably put playing it on hold and get into some other games I have been meaning to play and hope this bug infested mess gets cleaned up.
This is managed in the advanced options from the Path builder. You can check that you exposed him, then he is not with you when you arrive home

I cheated and locked in LOYAL with her and that didn't help, she still wouldn't. I don't think she will to be honest. My LOYAL rating did help get the other girl, Lauren's sister (I forget her name) make out with you.

I pressed SHIFT+O to being up console mode, typed kct=u'loyal' and that done it, at least with the one. Maybe setting it to "popular" would work with Penelope, but then that would probably screw you over with the other one <shrug>. I know loyal also helped with him having sex at the end of the haloween/birthday party with Lauren as well.
In my testing, it worked only if you are on her path i.e you won her case, did everything you could while in Europe to help her (that is the "loyal"relationship level), and refused to meet Jenny at the pond so you meet Penelope instead.

BTW, you know that you can use multi-quote right, you do not have to make 7 posts one after each other.

Reactions: JEPelerin

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
What bothered me was that changed in the new content. I played the older content when they returned and Charli wasn't in it as he returned home EARLIER so they fucked up the new content and had him come home with them. They also changed that dialog a little bit so the MC says that he was thinking about him when originally he wasn't at all. That bugged me. They fucked up. Charli didn't come home at the same time, stick to the story DEVS!

I just reached the end of the original content. Not sure if I even want to TRY version 2 with all the damn bugs it's littered with. I'll probably put playing it on hold and get into some other games I have been meaning to play and hope this bug infested mess gets cleaned up.
I think I recall that Charlie is sent home early only if you ratted him out. If you just hold it over him and extort him but hold on to the secret, I think he stays on the trip and returns on the same flight.

Things may have been changed on a retcon, but my first run-through I extorted/blackmailed him, and when I chose to start over to make my save compatible with v15, I opted to rat him out. And I think I remember him on the plane being all sheepish the first time around. But - my memory isn't 20/20 so I could be misremembering and getting something mixed up from a different game.

bossdenz100

May 12, 2020
i download the v15.0.1 and started from scratch but all i get is error in every choices when using the mods.

Mar 5, 2020
i download the v15.0.1 and started from scratch but all i get is error in every choices when using the mods.
Walkthrough mod is not updated for 15.0.1. Developper of the mod stopped supporting it in 14.0.1 so it will most likely trigger lots of errors. I suggest you use a clean install and the official Walkthrough for the first 3 acts. It is less practical as it is PDF file, but is is much more precise.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
I have had more issues with this game than any other. Android port used to be consistent. Then those slowed so switched to joiplay. No issues for many updates. Now with the new season joiplay won't load the game. It's a good game but not so great to deal with all this mess.

GrantzO

Mar 5, 2018
View attachment 1097736

Overview:
Just an innocent freshman at San Vallejo College, you are oblivious to the path that lays ahead of you. Growing up gets real when you learn about the unique cultures of the place you must call home. As loyalties form and tensions rise can you lead your fraternity to the crown and with it become the king on campus?

Trailer:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Review notice: Any reviews mentioning Being A DIK will be removed!

Thread Updated: 2022-04-06
Release Date: 2022-04-05
Developer: Undergrad Steve - - -
Censored: No
Version: Act 1 Part 3 - 3.0.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - -
Other:
COMPRESSED*

Season 1

Extras: MULTI-MOD - Save Fix - Walkthrough Guide - Gallery Unlocker
Fan Signatures: Fan Sig - Fan Sig 2 - Fan Sig 3
gamingdevil800 thanks for the link
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 880834 View attachment 841566 View attachment 841567 View attachment 841570 View attachment 841572 View attachment 841569 View attachment 841568 View attachment 841573 View attachment 841574 View attachment 841575 View attachment 841576 View attachment 860564 View attachment 860566 View attachment 860567 View attachment 860569
do you have a android version of your game?

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
Gallery Unlocker for CK and CK2
Paste "Unlocker.rpy" in game folder
Unlcoker.rpy is for CK and Unlcoker2.rpy is for CK2

Unlocker for CK
Unlocker for CK2

View attachment 1744724 View attachment 1744725
View attachment 1743934 View attachment 1743935
I can't download the files. Is there any other way?
Sorry for asking this question. But I don't know how to install the 2 lights
i cant download al it does is open a new tab when i click on the attachments. anyone who knows how to fix this
or can make a zipped or rar file?
I have added mega links

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Import what saves? The guy has never played the game before, he'll HAVE to play the original to get the whole story. Version 2 starts near the end of the original, when they return back from Europe and the content leading up to going to Europe and Europe itself is huge! So if he never played the game, he'll HAVE to play the original and then wait for the save game ability to be implemented. No real choice in the matter.

Personally, I think they should ditch the new buggy, incompatible, code and version 2 and just put out a patch with the story that happens after 15.1.0. I had zero problems replaying 15.1.0 a few times over, no real bugs that I noticed. Unlike the many crashes with critical exceptions in version 2! Man, I have actually created my own video game, not a visual novel, though I am working on one, but one I programmed from scratch in C that wasn't this buggy. I would replay my own game myself with different conditions to make sure it worked. It did have the odd bug, but they were always obscure where out of the millions of downloads my game got, only one or two people experienced it. I won't say what game it was, except it was a free game I originally made for my late wife. Saying the name will give away my real name. :)
You seem an intelligent person. Surely you realize my comment about importing saves is an unavoidable problem if you wish to continue the game without using the path builder, which is not only bugged but broken. While the person you were speaking with did not currently have a save that is not a condition that will endure past the point when they first save the game. There is, unfortunately, no assurance that the dev will ever implement the ability to import saves, so it is not only possible but probable that the original version, all 16 GB of it, will remain a dead end.

All that said, I hope that you are right and that they find a solution other than this second version. While I appreciate that it comes in at a skinny 5GB the problems it has may not be worth the squeeze. Another game I play, Single Again, ended up doing something very similar to what you have said because their attempt at a Chapter 2 had too many problems. Backtracking and adding to the original version ended up being their only option.

-Riona-

Apr 13, 2021
Guys, what's wrong with my saves? I don't have any here, but I saved after the last update. The Path Builder puts me to play so far behind. How to fix =his thing?

3.20 star(s) 184 Votes