Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
po1.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fired up a save and trucked through the tacebacks.. one after another.
She be worth it all the way, tho.
Game oN!

is this version playable? or should i wait for future updates?
I adore red couple of movies, they be light hearted and chuckles ... what times!

This is what happens when any project of any kind switches writers.

As a professional screenwriter (I've been in the industry 7 years now), it's incredibly difficult to adapt on the fly like this. It is also why you often see that the sequels to movies don't entirely pan out the way you think they should. They switch writers, bring on some more, or any sort of what-have-you that's incredibly hard to keep a cohesive storyline. That and it's hard to keep that same flow, but that's a topic for another thread.

The story was good in this game, or the story strings at least. The topic of exploration was there, but what 8.3 was lacking was a cohesive wrap-up to an interaction as well as any proper flow from scene to scene. It's kind of like a fragmented dream where you are in a sunny field ogling some titties and then next Bruce Willis is chasing you with a sword. That's what this release felt like. Without the allure of Bruce Willis.

This would normally be a turn-off from most devs, but Steve seems focused on turning this ship on course again, so the next update is going to tell a lot about what kind of progress they can make as the new team gels. Until then... Anyone know what the last good Bruce Willis movie was?
This is a young adults / courtesans / cheerleaders / young bucks kind of fling after fling
hanging by a string ... write episodes in the life of any of the already setablished chars and
you will not have to adapt one bit, just write your own scenes based on their temperament.

Making deus ex makina / fate intervene and take / give something away will steer you true!

Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020

This is a young adults / courtesans / cheerleaders / young bucks kind of fling after fling
hanging by a string ... write episodes in the life of any of the already setablished chars and
you will not have to adapt one bit, just write your own scenes based on their temperament.

Making deus ex makina / fate intervene and take / give something away will steer you true!
You can do that, sure, but if you want your characters to stand out from other VNs, it's not as simple as temperament. Each personality has its own quirks within minutely tuned quirks.

Take a character with a cool allure. They are both going to have their own reasons for having that attitude. Do they have a cool allure to keep from being hurt? Or do they have a cool allure because they are a composed individual? And depending on the prompts given, they could alter that in either direction based on their backstory.

Getting back to what you were saying, what if you brought someone on as a new writer who has a vague idea about those backstorys? There goes those tiny quirks that really make a character stand out and here comes the generic Captain Crunch. It's those quirks that take a been-there-done-that into a wonderful character.

You aren't wrong, per say, but from the previous versions, the dev team were developing characters further than the generic, and that presented much smoother scenes. That and proper scene work.

Appreciate the view on this though!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
This game is a complete rip off of BaDIK its laughable to say anything else. This game itself doesnt predate BaDIK obviously because play it for an hour and you see its a knock off version of it.
Your fav game didn't invent the genre, period. This game takes some things from it, like the fights, but that is.
The tone of the story, the girls, and so on have nothing to do with the other game, calling it a rip-off is reaching.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
This game is a complete rip off of BaDIK its laughable to say anything else. This game itself doesnt predate BaDIK obviously because play it for an hour and you see its a knock off version of it.
I know both games very well. The only thing they really have in common is the setting. And there are fights in both games.
That's it, I have not noticed any more parallels until today. Does that mean automatically that every game with a school setting is a copy, now?

The basic story is completely different from BaDIK, as are the decision-making options. In this game you can, sooner or later, even choose between 2 collegiate fraternity houses. That is not possible in BaDiK. Likewise, in DaDIK there is no storlyline about an ex girlfriend. I also haven't noticed any single romance in "College Kings" that has been adapted from BaDIK. Not even a single character resembles those in BADIK.

So please enlighten us all. How did you get the idea of this game being a copy?

I suggest you to play both games for more than 1 hour. And serious differences will fall to you.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I feel bad for the team. The writer suddenly and unexpectedly quitting is a hard blow. It also worries mer since I really loved the writing in this game and I worry it wont be as good. The new writer must learn all the characters and how to write for them.
I also don't like that they are changing some characters to fit the new writers style.

Reactions: UH-LA-LA

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I played the update before realizing there was a new writer and I was like WTF? It was like two different games. You can clearly see where one writer left and the new one started. Its not horrible, but it's not the same.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Also... and this is just me being petty and stupid... the wallpaper in the MC's Wolves room is just gross and distracting. It's like he is living in his grandmothers house.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I played the update before realizing there was a new writer and I was like WTF? It was like two different games. You can clearly see where one writer left and the new one started. Its not horrible, but it's not the same.
So I have heard. They are going to go back and change the old dialogue to match the new one.
I'm not happy about this whole thing but they don't really have a choice. They are trying their best with a bad situation.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
They are done and wasted all those 2 weeks to catch up.
They should be good next 5 weeks to deliver golden come back ... here is hope:

I feel bad for the team. The writer suddenly and unexpectedly quitting is a hard blow. It also worries mer since I really loved the writing in this game and I worry it wont be as good. The new writer must learn all the characters and how to write for them.
I also don't like that they are changing some characters to fit the new writers style.
Also... and this is just me being petty and stupid... the wallpaper in the MC's Wolves room is just gross and distracting. It's like he is living in his grandmothers house.
So I have heard. They are going to go back and change the old dialogue to match the new one.
I'm not happy about this whole thing but they don't really have a choice. They are trying their best with a bad situation.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I get it. Making these games/vn is hard and extremely time consuming. I really don't mean to sound like I am criticizing them as I have so far failed as a successful developer myself, but I like this game and it was a noticeable change. I actually felt better after reading about the writer change as it at least explained what happened. I am sure they will right the ship and get things back on track.

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
Okay, I gave up after a bit more than an hour of playtime. The writing style is extremely dull, the story is boring and I don't like any of the characters. Emily worst girl.
Also, 8.5GB game size for like, 10 sex scenes? You must be joking.
Good luck further, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSC82

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
everyone's talking about the writing, I was so distracted by the terrible gameplay and polish, that I didn't even notice the writing.
Even ignoring the laughable amount of content for 5 (or 3) weeks of development, they REALLY could do something about the 8.5 GB file size. making update-only files isn't all that difficult.

Reactions: Phegor

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
is this version playable? or should i wait for future updates?
He posted on patreon a few days back about " fixing 0.8 to a fully bug free state will take another couple of days", so I been waiting to see if a patched version drops. Otherwise I'm waiting for .9.

If it's a fresh from start playthrough I think it's worth it from an expected getting a payoff out of it pov though, as the game was already offering that before this last update.

Feb 29, 2020
Just once I'd like to find a game where when every choice I make is to either dick deny a chick or to just blow them off the script adjusts accordingly. But no I make every available choice to kick a chick to the curb only for the script to continue as though I'm a pussy whipped beta simp.

Start of the game:

Random gal- Hi I'm Lauren or Riley (or whomever) you look new. Wanna hang out?

MC- Nope not ineterested.

later:

Lauren or whomever- Hey MC would you mind helping me with some stuff?

MC- Nah I'd rather not.

Later in the game after these choices
MC's inner thoughts- I wonder what my queen Lauren ( or whimever) is doing I miised hanging out with her.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes