AODPK

Jul 14, 2020
Dear lord the code is all over the place in this. Anyone know how to edit the new relationship and reputation variables in-game? It seems they've changed again how statues like that are accounted for.
Reputation still seems to be able to be changed with the console commands. "Shift" + "o" to open it.
reputation.add_point(RepComponent.TROUBLEMAKER, 10) to add 10 Troublemaker points as an example.

I am still trying to figure out relationships.

Kuokaman

Dec 15, 2021
The loading doesn't work - it overwrites the save instead.
The game builder does not allow you to select the MC name.
This really sucks.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
So, import of of saves from ck1 still don't work ?
Did they change the variables for that damned kct crap again...

Last edited:

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
No idea if it has been fixed in the updates, but in 3.2.2 at some point despite being member of the wolves, i had a mini event at night with Cameron coming in the room and shooting a water gun at the MC, then leaving to do the same to Ryan.
mini event that obiviously is wrong as it should have occured only if the MC was member of the apes.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
No idea if it has been fixed in the updates, but in 3.2.2 at some point despite being member of the wolves, i had a mini event at night with Cameron coming in the room and shooting a water gun at the MC, then leaving to do the same to Ryan.
mini event that obiviously is wrong as it should have occured only if the MC was member of the apes.
You should report it in their Discord. They are working on a bug fix right now.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I haven't had any problems with it myself since they fixed it last March but I know some still do. Report it on their discord.
Yeah i haden't any problems before (last version).
But when i try to start a new game and import a save i only to get the option to overwrite the save not to load/import it...

AnubisMRM

May 18, 2018
Season 1 - An obsolete version of the College Kings from Patreon.
Act I - Current version of College Kings from Steam.
Act II - College Kings 2 with an older version of Episode 2.
Episode 2 Rework - The current version of College Kings 2 with a reworked Episode 2.

Download Act I (CK1) and then CK2 (reworked Episode 2), as they are two separate games.

Download Act I (CK1) and then Act II (CK2) if you want to see what an older version of Episode 2 looked like.
Thanks for clearing things up.

BilliamJo234

Nov 20, 2022
I am still trying to figure out relationships.
I unpacked the python code and dug around. There's a method on the CharacterService class that you can call directly from the console called set_relationship.

So if you want Nora as your girlfriend, open the console with SHIFT+O and type:

Python:
CharacterService.set_relationship(nora, Relationship.GIRLFRIEND)
All the character names are like that, in lowercase. nora, lauren, chloe, aubrey, etc.

The Relationship enumeration has the following valid values (not counting deprecated ones that don't really work anymore):
  • Relationship.STRANGER
  • Relationship.EX
  • Relationship.FRIEND
  • Relationship.KISSED
  • Relationship.DATING
  • Relationship.FWB
  • Relationship.GIRLFRIEND
These are in order, from least friendly to most.

I have no idea how much havoc this can cause down the line though. I just wanted to play around with different scenes. For instance, if the code checks an internal variable to see how many relationship points you have and it doesn't mesh with the status, does it break the game? Given what I've seen from the last few updates, probably. You can likely make things even worse by making all the girls your girlfriend. But so far it seems to have succeeded in fixing path builder problems for me.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Yeah i haden't any problems before (last version).
But when i try to start a new game and import a save i only to get the option to overwrite the save not to load/import it...
Ah, now I understand. I just tried and hade the same result as you. It also shows up in CK1. Really weird. I have reported it, hopefully they will fix it soon.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Variables from CK1 are not used in CK2, so importing is useless. CK1 doesn't have v0 in its variable names, but CK2 has renamed CK1 variables with v0. The unlocked scenes from CK1 are not added to the unlocked "scene list" when imported to CK2, so it changes the story to as if they didn't happen.

The unlocked "scene list" naming scheme possibly changed too.

This nullifies your choices. Only relationship status is carried over properly. Wonder why they changed the names of all CK1 variables used for CK2.

Small story elements are impossible to see due to the variable naming scheme changing. For example, if you bought a ticket from Karen in CK1, it's mentioned in CK2. Can't see it though, because the variable name is different than in CK1 and it's not in path builder or story recap. There are other minor scenes like that which are inaccessible, unless using a mod tool.

For importing to work properly, they need to match all variable names between CK1 and CK2. Otherwise, may as well scrap that feature. Best for the developer to keep the coding simple since changing everything so much has caused the game to break more each time.

MC+Lauren&Riley scene is impossible now since there are no variables or conditions to start it.

The music disappears when loading a save, so does the ability to rollback before the save point.

Last edited:

AODPK

Jul 14, 2020
I unpacked the python code and dug around. There's a method on the CharacterService class that you can call directly from the console called set_relationship.

So if you want Nora as your girlfriend, open the console with SHIFT+O and type:

Python:
CharacterService.set_relationship(nora, Relationship.GIRLFRIEND)
All the character names are like that, in lowercase. nora, lauren, chloe, aubrey, etc.

The Relationship enumeration has the following valid values (not counting deprecated ones that don't really work anymore):
  • Relationship.STRANGER
  • Relationship.EX
  • Relationship.FRIEND
  • Relationship.KISSED
  • Relationship.DATING
  • Relationship.FWB
  • Relationship.GIRLFRIEND
These are in order, from least friendly to most.

I have no idea how much havoc this can cause down the line though. I just wanted to play around with different scenes. For instance, if the code checks an internal variable to see how many relationship points you have and it doesn't mesh with the status, does it break the game? Given what I've seen from the last few updates, probably. You can likely make things even worse by making all the girls your girlfriend. But so far it seems to have succeeded in fixing path builder problems for me.
It seems there is a new variable "moods" as well that can be changed in a similar manner and will sometimes be a trigger for scenes and pathways.

Python:
CharacterService.set_mood(nora, Moods.TRUSTING)
The enums in no particular order.
  • Moods.NORMAL
  • Moods.AWKWARD
  • Moods.HURT
  • Moods.JEALOUS
  • Moods.LOYAL
  • Moods.MAD
  • Moods.THREATENED
  • Moods.TEASED
  • Moods.TRUSTING

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes