Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Gotcha, thank you.
I was pretty sure a Mod had to have put that and be able to enforce it. Just
tripple checking...lol

Thanks again,
Have a good one
Cheers
This was also a rule on DrPinkcake private discord a while back, but in reverse. No mentions were allowed for this game. He felt like they stole his stuff. :devilish:

Aug 25, 2023
Good morning,
About translation (any language).
Can you add this (below, in red) in your RPY ? So the text can be added in SDK please?

1. ACTUALLY NOT GENERATE IN SDK ,example =>
MessengerService.new_message(lauren, "So I'll see you there?")​
OR​
chloe_board.add_approach("Tuition",​
"Less tuition for all Chicks",​

2. GENERATED OK =>​
MessengerService.new_message(lauren, _("So I'll see you there?"))
OR​
_("Less tuition for all Chicks"),​

Thanks ! :)

richiman

May 3, 2022
Good morning,
About translation (any language).
Can you add this (below, in red) in your RPY ? So the text can be added in SDK please?

1. ACTUALLY NOT GENERATE IN SDK ,example =>
MessengerService.new_message(lauren, "So I'll see you there?")​
OR​
"Less tuition for all Chicks",​

2. GENERATED OK =>​
MessengerService.new_message(lauren, _("So I'll see you there?"))
OR​
_("Less tuition for all Chicks"),​

Thanks ! :)
Create ticket in Support channel on .

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Just restarted the game from the beginning as I haven't played in forever. Shouldn't the MC be calling Julia mom instead of her name? I don't know if she becomes an LI later or what. If not, why not call her mom? Just curious. Thanks!

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Just restarted the game from the beginning as I haven't played in forever. Shouldn't the MC be calling Julia mom instead of her name? I don't know if she becomes an LI later or what. If not, why not call her mom? Just curious. Thanks!
If memory serves it's because the MC "isn't related to her" for "plot" reasons. She's his ex-stepmother. Yes. Really.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Talmadge

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
If memory serves it's because the MC "isn't related to her" for "plot" reasons. She's his ex-stepmother. Yes. Really.
That's how I remember it too. She's not his mother, she was married to his father.

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
This was also a rule on DrPinkcake private discord a while back, but in reverse. No mentions were allowed for this game. He felt like they stole his stuff. :devilish:
Well who can blame dpc, I played this game way back. It's almost a carbon copy of BaD.

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
So, out of curiosity...

In the first post of this forum it says If you mention Being a Dik in a review it will
be deleted.

Did the Developer write that? And if so, Do Developers have control over the reviews like
that? Can they keep/delete whichever ones they want?

Just wondering.
Thanks, Cheers

I hadn't played that one before but kinda makes me want to go check it out...lol
I highly recommend you play "BaD" you won't be disappointed. Alsoyou will understand why the modderator post that warning in the download section of the forum

The Japanese

Jun 22, 2021
Well who can blame dpc, I played this game way back. It's almost a carbon copy of BaD.
Not a carbon copy... There were many similarities in the beginning, like the MC having a dream about his ex-GF, the car ride to the college, the establishing shot of the college, Cameron taunting the MC, a fighting system (though, completely different), and a stat system (this last one is nothing new in those games, so, if it's a copy, DPC is also copying it, but the two systems were also different, and I even think this one here was more interesting because it was dynamic). After that, the game developed in a completely different path. It was a bad strategic decision from the dev to make those similar things because he got tarnished as a DPC's copycat; however, he was a copycat as much as any dev who made a college game (and DPC, in his turn, would be, then, a copycat of College/High School movies like American Pie, Van Wilder, Dirty Deeds, Class, among others). This bad strategic move, though, was only the first of many because he had a great product in his hand, with many patrons, but, now, his numbers are plummeting.

Reactions: TREXrg

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
Not a carbon copy... There were many similarities in the beginning, like the MC having a dream about his ex-GF, the car ride to the college, the establishing shot of the college, Cameron taunting the MC, a fighting system (though, completely different), and a stat system (this last one is nothing new in those games, so, if it's a copy, DPC is also copying it, but the two systems were also different, and I even think this one here was more interesting because it was dynamic). After that, the game developed in a completely different path. It was a bad strategic decision from the dev to make those similar things because he got tarnished as a DPC's copycat; however, he was a copycat as much as any dev who made a college game (and DPC, in his turn, would be, then, a copycat of College/High School movies like American Pie, Van Wilder, Dirty Deeds, Class, among others). This bad strategic move, though, was only the first of many because he had a great product in his hand, with many patrons, but, now, his numbers are plummeting.
Mayor problem Steve has is he rushes releases and then gets bad reviews mainly from bugs (or not enought content)
Mainwhile dpc releases fewer times but has not destroyed many supporters goodwill

The Japanese

Jun 22, 2021
Mayor problem Steve has is he rushes releases and then gets bad reviews mainly from bugs (or not enought content)
Mainwhile dpc releases fewer times but has not destroyed many supporters goodwill
I think his releases have a reasonable quantity of content, though not the same as the game-I-am-not-supposed-to-mention-here. The problem is many scenes could have been edited out without making any difference, and the quality varies, probably because there's a rotation of writers (like it happens to many TV shows). Also, this idea of rewriting episodes was bad. I preferred the original ones, but that's not the case; the case is he'll never manage to please everyone, and those rewritings just ended up delaying new releases. He also seems to have a lack of planning. That said, I think he still manages to have a lot of content in each new release. His releases please me more than many other games that have such meaningless updates I don't even care to play, rather waiting for more content. Besides all the bad press, this is still one of my favorite games. I only think he could have managed its development better.

Reactions: TREXrg

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
Well that's just my opinion that's it is almost a carbon copy. Having a wacky bestfriend, joining a frat, dating the president of sorority and etc. There are alot of similarity. Another reason for this games downfall the framerste issue. During the first few release the scene have a good animation. But the some subsequent release has a framerate drop and ugly animation the characters and background are blurry. As if he release it before it's fully complete for the udate

The Japanese

Jun 22, 2021
Well that's just my opinion that's it is almost a carbon copy. Having a wacky bestfriend, joining a frat, dating the president of sorority and etc. There are alot of similarity. Another reason for this games downfall the framerste issue. During the first few release the scene have a good animation. But the some subsequent release has a framerate drop and ugly animation the characters and background are blurry. As if he release it before it's fully complete for the udate
I guess this would end up in a semantic debate about what a "carbon copy" is. For me, both games would have to be the same; for you, just some similarities would suffice. Since I think those kinds of debates are fruitless, I'll just say that it's a fact -- and not a matter of opinion -- the events in the two games are not the same. They're completely different from CK Ep. 2 onwards, and, even in Ep. 1, they're different. Of course, in both games there are frats, but this is not an invention of the dev of the game-I-am-not-supposed-to-mention-here (henceforth, GIANSMH); frats are part of the US college life, and, even if the US is not the "universal" of the world, most people who play those games are acquainted with it from movies, TV shows, and so on. Moreover, this game allows you to choose between two frats while in the GIANSMH you can only choose one (actually, you can't even choose; you're forced into it). Every college game will have some similar tropes, like, the prom queen, the cheerleader, the nerd, the emo, the virgin, and so on. What makes a game either good or bad is not having it, but what it will make from it. Funnily enough, there's a University game that doesn't have any frats, all characters look the same, and everyone adores it, even though it's just a fuckfest without any story. I won't give you the name Of it, though, because I don't wanna have any Problems.

About the animation issue, I couldn't agree more... In fact, they were never good, but, since this was one the first games I've played, and it was something new to me, I was OK with it. Then, the more I knew about the quality of animations of some AVNs, it went from "OK" to just barely tolerating it. I wonder how it is for people who use that gadget they used to market the game was compatible with it to fap... It's probably a jolting experience...

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
I think his releases have a reasonable quantity of content, though not the same as the game-I-am-not-supposed-to-mention-here. The problem is many scenes could have been edited out without making any difference, and the quality varies, probably because there's a rotation of writers (like it happens to many TV shows). Also, this idea of rewriting episodes was bad. I preferred the original ones, but that's not the case; the case is he'll never manage to please everyone, and those rewritings just ended up delaying new releases. He also seems to have a lack of planning. That said, I think he still manages to have a lot of content in each new release. His releases please me more than many other games that have such meaningless updates I don't even care to play, rather waiting for more content. Besides all the bad press, this is still one of my favorite games. I only think he could have managed its development better.
Yep planning seems to be the problem rewrites should not be there but i think he only did because people where not happy with sex/romantic scene(not enought or only bj's) and to get back goodwill .I find College king would be better off if it simply maintain or increase quallity the way story,characters,and sex are and become cohisive again.It's the problem of having to many love intrest's but not enought time for each,i personally think the story is on it's way to becomming on the right tracks again but we will see.

Reactions: The Japanese
3.20 star(s) 195 Votes