UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi everyone,
I want to thank you for all your support for last month and all the time before. I hope you enjoyed the new content and I'm sorry for all the game breaking bugs that arose in last two months. I think most of them are fixed now, but if you see anything suspicious, please report it to me and I'll check it out.

As thank you I've made two wallpapers this month, one with Kim and one with mrs. Anderson. I thought she was second in the poll, but apparently I'm blind, so I'm sorry for not doing somone else :)

The polls for wallpaper and next update content are still one, so vote, if you haven't done so. Who know, if somebody else turns out to be first in the end, I might have to kame another wallpaper ;-)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Go to the board in the dormitory lobby, read the flyer about massage classes, then go to the infirmary and start taking the massage lessons. BTW, it's in the walkthrough (search this thread for walkthrough). And also, starting the Golden Hands quest opens a wonderful opportunity to enter a relationship with the beautiful Latina Jess who works in the infirmary.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks for the Kimberly wallpaper. She's awesome. I was kind of hoping that some action with Kim may be integrated further into the game. When the MC says that the hot tub is not awesome (which sticks through the game from that point forward), Kim suggests that "we may have to do something to change your mind on that." That looks like an open door for some hot tub action with one or both of the girls.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
@MikeMasters, I started a new run through the game to find any problems and to see the new images that you have slipped into the game and I have a few things to point out.

I have a save for you to look at, fairly early in the game and it looks like a variable is not initialized correctly.

Player stats: Knowledge, "you are 0. To reach the next level you need to study 3 more times"
Characters: Kara, has both green check and red x for convinced her to remove her sweater.

Both of these can be found in the attached save.

Oh, and when you wake up on the first Monday and head to class for the first time, the time gets updated, but the day stays on Sunday.

Ok, system won't let me upload right now, I will try again in a bit to attach the file.

Reactions: MikeMasters

mhernandorena

Oct 31, 2018
i cant seam to find a way to start the sun dress quest with cara, every time i mention the setter optios she sais that she is thinking about it.... any helphere?

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
@MikeMasters, I don't know why it didn't take before but here it is now. It is the from the version that I have been working on for you. I am trying to get all achievements in this pass so I don't think I will see many wrong path dialogs, maybe next pass. :)

SamJohnson

Feb 25, 2018
@MikeMasters Hello, I've just downloaded this game from the MEGA link, and when I wanted to open the .zip file, it didn't let me, said there was some sort of error and the file could not open for me to view the content. Any idea why that might be the case? Any help is appreciated.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@SamJohnson You know this game is pirated here? These are not my uploads, so I don't know where the problem is. It may be corrupted upload, or it may have got corrupted when you've downloaded it. Try winrar or 7zip or download again from different source.

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
I haven't played this game in many versions because I kept starting a new game every time it came out, and it was pretty long to get from square 1 to the end of the then-current version. I figured I'd wait until several versions' content piled up before trying it again.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of how long it takes from starting a new game until you more or less finish the content of the current version right now? I think in the past (I think maybe version .9 was the last one I played?) it took me something like 3 hours to get from the start of the game to the end of the content, and that was straight through, usually following the guide exactly. I'm guessing it's substantially longer now.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
Hi, I have made repack of College Life v0.1.9 from Windows to MacOS. I'm not owner of any Mac device, so I'd like to get some feedback if it works or not.

Use with care, it's just bunch of files copied together ;)

SamJohnson

Feb 25, 2018
@SamJohnson You know this game is pirated here? These are not my uploads, so I don't know where the problem is. It may be corrupted upload, or it may have got corrupted when you've downloaded it. Try winrar or 7zip or download again from different source.
I downloaded it from the MEGA link on here, not from somewhere else, and of course I use winrar. Yet, it's still not opening for me.

P.S. I redownloaded 3 times. And each time was the same case.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I downloaded it from the MEGA link on here, not from somewhere else, and of course I use winrar. Yet, it's still not opening for me.

P.S. I redownloaded 3 times. And each time was the same case.
Like I've said, I'm not uploading my game here, this is a pirate site. But nobody else has this problem, so it has to be on your side. Try different link, there are six of them. If that doesn't help, try public version from my patreon.

cinnamoonn777

Jan 6, 2018
That game is slow as hell. And the menu is frustrating. and slow, everything in the game is slow yeah ! There is not even a load button when you press esc (the menu also opens very slow when you press esc, yeah slow like everything else in the game) , you have to quit to main menu and choose a save file. And imagine what is more fun(!!!) about it, when you for example have a skill check (like taking a photo), the clever game saves your game automatically to the 50th save slot, so when you want to load a game on the 1st or 5th slot you have to click to 25th save slot and then with the slow (yeah slowww!) interface you have to click 20-25 more times to the arrow to reach to the 1st or 5th save slot. if you click 'S' to quickly access to save menu during a dialog guess what? it gaves some stupid error and you gotta restart the game and go to that save file again and again :D Lmao! i could only stand this for 1,5-2 hours and shift+deleted from my computer for good. My idea about the developer is, he is trying to make people spend more time on the game by making it real slow and impossible to save-load often lol. also there is no roll back, since the game is slow you sometimes click twice on it and you miss the dialogues. and since everything is slow about this game you just dont reload to see it.
anyway, i dont think developer's strategy to make people spend more time on this game will succeed and as soon as he loses patrons i am sure this game is gonna end with:

===> - buy some dress for Jane, sister or Kara or whatever..
===> - invite her to the park
===> - Say 'Yes' in the park
and game over lol.

and i see the developer is quite rude for his game being on this wonderful community, constantly calling it in his posts 'this game is pirated here you know, uhmm...' . and then like 'oh thanks for reporting the bugs'.
Not everyone in the world who play these kind of games have money or will or both to spend on the games they play or become a patron or sth. The internet world left behind the term piracy back at napster's time. so i guess this developer is still either living on another timezone in which people still talk about napster or he likes to insult people who by playing it and reporting the bugs-issues about the game, therefor contributing the game... in either case im done following this developer's games and wish all good luck who can bear this.

I play these games for quite a long time and thanx to this site i can always find more games and get to know developers and have opportunity to contact them personally if i want to. and i appreciate everyone who posts and contributes (player and developer) on this site and make life easier for new players who starts a new game. I recently registered here and posted a little but i have been following for long time. I can say this is a great community for both players and developers. If i was a developer i would definetely want my game on this community for a great advertisement.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
That game is slow as hell. And the menu is frustrating. and slow, everything in the game is slow yeah ! There is not even a load button when you press esc (the menu also opens very slow when you press esc, yeah slow like everything else in the game) , you have to quit to main menu and choose a save file. And imagine what is more fun(!!!) about it, when you for example have a skill check (like taking a photo), the clever game saves your game automatically to the 50th save slot, so when you want to load a game on the 1st or 5th slot you have to click to 25th save slot and then with the slow (yeah slowww!) interface you have to click 20-25 more times to the arrow to reach to the 1st or 5th save slot. if you click 'S' to quickly access to save menu during a dialog guess what? it gaves some stupid error and you gotta restart the game and go to that save file again and again :D Lmao! i could only stand this for 1,5-2 hours and shift+deleted from my computer for good. My idea about the developer is, he is trying to make people spend more time on the game by making it real slow and impossible to save-load often lol. also there is no roll back, since the game is slow you sometimes click twice on it and you miss the dialogues. and since everything is slow about this game you just dont reload to see it.
anyway, i dont think developer's strategy to make people spend more time on this game will succeed and as soon as he loses patrons i am sure this game is gonna end with:

===> - buy some dress for Jane, sister or Kara or whatever..
===> - invite her to the park
===> - Say 'Yes' in the park
and game over lol.

and i see the developer is quite rude for his game being on this wonderful community, constantly calling it in his posts 'this game is pirated here you know, uhmm...' . and then like 'oh thanks for reporting the bugs'.
Not everyone in the world who play these kind of games have money or will or both to spend on the games they play or become a patron or sth. The internet world left behind the term piracy back at napster's time. so i guess this developer is still either living on another timezone in which people still talk about napster or he likes to insult people who by playing it and reporting the bugs-issues about the game, therefor contributing the game... in either case im done following this developer's games and wish all good luck who can bear this.

I play these games for quite a long time and thanx to this site i can always find more games and get to know developers and have opportunity to contact them personally if i want to. and i appreciate everyone who posts and contributes (player and developer) on this site and make life easier for new players who starts a new game. I recently registered here and posted a little but i have been following for long time. I can say this is a great community for both players and developers. If i was a developer i would definetely want my game on this community for a great advertisement.
I have to react to this, I probably shouldn't but I have to.

First. Yes, this community is amazing when it comes to discussing the games, what is good, what is bad, bugs and such. But when it comes to advertisement, you're very wrong about that. Popularity on this site doesn't necessarily translate to creator's earning. Look at games like "Life with Marry", "The DeLuca Family" or "Our Fate - A New Family". These games are way better than my game and are way popular as well, yet it doen't show on their patreon pages. Why? Because people on this site just won't/can't support them financialy. And it's alright, I undestand that many people can't support the creators. At least not all the creators, but you should consider to support at least one, the best one you have. Even one stupid dollar makes a difference, if another 50 people like you decide to support somebody.

Second, about piracy, I've never said I condemn it. I fact, I very much download most games from here like everyone else. The reason I've mentioned it at all is, because I was asked by @SamJohnson, why he has a problem unpacking game downloaded from here. And I told him that I don't know where the problem is, because I don't upload my game on this site. And if you think my responses were rude, than be my guest. I don't think they were, there may have been assertive, but not rude.

BTW, what is wrong with word piracy? Is there a new word that describes illegal downloading from internet? Or do you just find it offensive, like so many other things these days? I am pirate and I don't mind it, why do you?

And I don't believe that striking down on pirates will help anybody, with DRM, or shaming, or whatever. That's why I'm here, talking to you, trying to convince you that I'm worth the support. Play the game, tell me what you think, and if you like it, consider supporting it. I'm not asking that much. So it saddens me, when people read an anger, rudeness or arrogance in my comments, because it's not there. There might be a sarcasm, when I feel depressed, but I still try to help, if somebody asks for it.

Have you asked for my help? I don't believe you have. Because if you have, you would read something like this. You don't have the lastest version of the game, where the bug after opening with "S" is fixed (no one has reported any problems). And the bug only happens once (to my knowledge). When you're on slot 50 and push the down button, you'll move to slot 1, so you don't have to move up 25 times. Plus you can use page up, page down buttons. And why would you need a load menu? You can load a save from the same menu, where you save games. So you don't have to leave to the title screen everytime.
Also you've started at an unfortunate time. Two months ago I've implemented a new plugin for animations, since then I had a lot of bugs with saving system, because this plugin wasn't compatible with my edits. It took a lot of time to fix all the problems and the last few has been fixed in the version that isn't here.

And accusing me for deliberately prolonging gameplay by forcing people to quit to main menu and load from there? How can you event say something like that? I've implemented fast treveling to the game, loading/saving game at any moment. I've designed maps that aren't overly huge and I've added HUD, so you don't have to aimlessly travel back and forth to find, where the girls are. I don't know an RPG Maker game that has any of those. And roll back feature in an RPG Maker game? When you see it, tell me about it and I try to do it. But as far as I know, there's no way.

Last. I don't think you're going to read this. But I hope you will, since you've put enough effort to write your piece. Next time don't be so hostile. I haven't given you a reason to be. First ask question, then be upset, if you're not satisfied with the answer.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
mate, you can be proud of one thing for sure, your game is the most user friendly by far among RPG maker games. There is limitations yet compared to ren'py but what you implemented makes up for most of it.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I have to react to this, I probably shouldn't but I have to.
Mate, don't take it personally. I generally hate RPG games, and yes your game is slightly grindy in cases, however the overall story development, multiple paths, and fast travel make it much more manageable. The characters are thoughtfully written, the animations are incredible, and who can't love the Latina hottie in the infirmary. If people want to delete, go ahead. I just say thank you for your hard work.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes