May 26, 2019
I am playing this on linux so I used the nw conversion method, everythings been fine till here...don't know maybe it's my fault for clicking look too early? Searched the thread didn't find a mention.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know I am very late to the party with this one but I just wanted to let you and every other linux user know that the problem might be that the game developer mis-typed the image name!

I had a similar error and when I looked at the pictures folder, I found that the required image actually had a capital 'L' in the name while the error was looking for a photo using a lowercase 'l' in the name.

When I made the name change, it worked fine!

Best Regards!

Reactions: Mitchwtn
Oct 17, 2019
The photo shoot event didn't launch for me when I was talking to mom about looking for a job, and it doesn't come up as a conversation choice any more. did i miss it?

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
The photo shoot event didn't launch for me when I was talking to mom about looking for a job, and it doesn't come up as a conversation choice any more. did i miss it?
If you completed Looking for a job event without triggering the Photo! Shoot! side quest, then yes, you missed it. Check list of active side quests. If Photo! Shoot! isn't there, then you missed it. If it is there, then you must buy a camera first before you can do a photoshoot

May 26, 2019
Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but during the scene where you and Jane are in the Main Hall and talking about the whole Jessica incident, the screen goes completely black whenever the MC is talking and goes back to an image when Jane is talking!

This doesn't break the game, just my immersion!

Does anyone have a fix for this? Has anyone else even experienced this? I'm playing this game on a Linux machine so that may contribute to the problem!

May 26, 2019
Although I found this little Easter Egg to be quite amusing, I hope this game doesn't get any more political than this!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This game has been so good so far! Please don't ruin it by including the annoying, stupid political bs actually seen on real college campuses.

In addition, I have a few requests that might make the game a little better:

1) Could the next iteration of the game have the 'n' key be bound to the Navapp?
This would make travel so much more efficient!

2) Also, could Kara's room be one of the locations on the Navapp?
I hate having to walk up the stairs to reach her!

3) Could the F5 button have a pop-up screen that confirms whether you want to reload?
I have pressed that button by accident a few times when trying to go to and from full-screen mode or when attempting to take a picture!
This would be really appreciated!

This is a great game here! Please keep it that way!
Thanks!

Last edited:

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Any idea how to get mom to do all 3 photoshoot
If you mean that she doesn't complete the lingerie part of the photoshoot, that's intended, as far as I recall. Check achievements for mom and look at the "Started the photoshoot with mom" achievement. If you have 4 green check marks in that achievement, then you've seen it all. If some marks in that achievement are red crosses, then follow the guide from original post on the first page to do this quest correctly.

Reactions: XxLEOxx

XxLEOxx

Jul 8, 2019
If you mean that she doesn't complete the lingerie part of the photoshoot, that's intended, as far as I recall. Check achievements for mom and look at the "Started the photoshoot with mom" achievement. If you have 4 green check marks in that achievement, then you've seen it all. If some marks in that achievement are red crosses, then follow the guide from original post on the first page to do this quest correctly.
Thanks you !

Angus8504

Jan 20, 2018
Okay, so it has been awhile since I have updated this game. My last version before v0.3.1 was v0.2.7. When I open 0.2.7 I have all my saves showing up, however, when I open 0.3.1 it will not allow me to continue. I understand where the save files are located and how it all works. I have never had this issue with updating the game before. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or should I just delete 0.3.1 and redownload it again and try again?

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Okay, so it has been awhile since I have updated this game. My last version before v0.3.1 was v0.2.7. When I open 0.2.7 I have all my saves showing up, however, when I open 0.3.1 it will not allow me to continue. I understand where the save files are located and how it all works. I have never had this issue with updating the game before. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or should I just delete 0.3.1 and redownload it again and try again?
The save file location was changed in 0.2.95:
https://f95zone.to/threads/college-life-v0-3-1-mikemasters.2625/post-2738996

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
MikeMasters Any news of the update you have been rather quiet on patreon again. I know your busy and i know you are better left to your own little world. But it is becoming a bit of a concern when we do not hear much about the update. And it does not look like many people have had replys from you on patreon including me. Hope you are well and appologies for writing to you here but i see you lurking every now and again. And always found its easier to contact you here on the forums than on patreon.

May 26, 2019
OP updated. For Linux (and probably Mac) users that want to play this version, using the latest stable version of works perfectly with this game (extract and replace all files from nwjs-v0.40.2-linux-x64.tar.gz to the CollegeLife_v0.2.8PC_FullPack folder, chmod +x nw, then start the nw exetuable)
This works like a charm! But I have one issue:

I don't know where the save files for this game are stored on Linux!
In addition, I was running this game "as administrator" so my save files aren't accessible when I run this game normally.

Can you (or anyone else) possibly give a hint as to where the save files are located normally on Linux (Linux Mint in my case)?
Then can you tell me where the save files would be located if you ran the game as an administrator/superuser?

This would be incredibly helpful! Thanks!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: Figured out everything I needed to know!

- For other Linux users, go to your home directory, then show all hidden files, then go into the ".config" folder and you should see a folder called "College Life."
- The rpgsave files are your save files.

- If you were playing as a superuser (DO NOT DO THIS - It was stupid of me), go to your "file system" directory, then to your root folder (*must be opened as Administrator), then show all hidden files, then go into the ".config" folder, and then to the "College Life" folder.
- You'll want to copy all of the rpgsave files in here to the "College Life" folder outside of the "root" folder.
- NOTE: The "College Life" folder outside the root folder will also have to be opened as Administrator for the copy and pasting from root to work
- Then, while you still have the "College Life" folder that is outside the root folder open as Administrator, change the permissions of each of the copied saved files from root to your user

NOTE: If you can't find a "College Life" folder outside of the "root" folder, you'll first have to run the game normally (meaning not as Administrator/superuser) and save a game!

Last edited:
Reactions: CLDꝜ

g_surreal

Mar 19, 2019
So i downloaded the newest full game for mac, and i open it like i usually do by open contents and using nwjs but it doesn't work like it has been. Did something change?

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes