Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
@MikeMasters noooooo
Why disable "reload autosave" after failire....

This was one the time saving features you had. Will that mean you will remove tje autosave before skill check?

This will really impact my chances of replaying the game.

What you did at v0.6 you integrated the save feature in the middle of the dialogue when you were shown the tour for Kara's apartment (drinking glass of water). That in my opinion is the best way to allow the player to save during the dialogue. By doing this , you allow the player to have save points which they can return to, without the need to disable the autosave before the skill check and the whole "reload autosave".

Please re-consider the change you made.

Last edited:

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
how do i study or workout really obnoxious that it doesn't tell you
Studying happens during classes 09:00 till 11:00 (you have to be in class from 09:00)
Or you can study in the library click on the chair infront of kara.

Working out happens in GYM with Jane at 17:00(warm up) 18:00(actual excersice)

Reactions: Alice Bunny

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@MikeMasters noooooo
Why disable "reload autosave" after failire....

This was one the time saving features you had. Will that mean you will remove tje autosave before skill check?

This will really impact my chances of replaying the game.

What you did at v0.6 you integrated the save feature in the middle of the dialogue when you were shown the tour for Kara's apartment (drinking glass of water). That in my opinion is the best way to allow the player to save during the dialogue. By doing this , you allow the player to have save points which they can return to, without the need to disable the autosave before the skill check and the whole "reload autosave".

Please re-consider the change you made.
Hi,
I've only disabled it, so I can reintroduce it, if it's too annoying. Now the saving works more like any Ren'py game, where the player has to decide, when to save or not. With the 'Reload autosave?' option there was no reason to have an random outcome at all, because everyone will simply reload the game, until it succeeds.
I believe, that if you want to succeed at everything, you should put an extra effort to do so. In earlier versions it was very annoying, because you'd have to wait, until the scene ends (or turn of the game) and replay the whole scene. And because I didn't know how to open save menu in the middle of conversation, I've created the autosave checkpoint. Now I've solved that problem and you can save before any decision, so you can return and try other paths, not just the random ones.
Nothing is certain in life. You can prepare however long you want for a task, yet still fuck it up in the end. There's always chance, that you fail in your endeavor. In a small way I want that kind of uncertainty in this game. So save often and if you don't like the outcome, you can reload and try again.
That said, nothing is set in stone I can reconsider with the autosaves, but I want to test it out.

Reactions: Andarilho

fullreview

Aug 3, 2017
Hi,
I've only disabled it, so I can reintroduce it, if it's too annoying. Now the saving works more like any Ren'py game, where the player has to decide, when to save or not. With the 'Reload autosave?' option there was no reason to have an random outcome at all, because everyone will simply reload the game, until it succeeds.
I believe, that if you want to succeed at everything, you should put an extra effort to do so. In earlier versions it was very annoying, because you'd have to wait, until the scene ends (or turn of the game) and replay the whole scene. And because I didn't know how to open save menu in the middle of conversation, I've created the autosave checkpoint. Now I've solved that problem and you can save before any decision, so you can return and try other paths, not just the random ones.
Nothing is certain in life. You can prepare however long you want for a task, yet still fuck it up in the end. There's always chance, that you fail in your endeavor. In a small way I want that kind of uncertainty in this game. So save often and if you don't like the outcome, you can reload and try again.
That said, nothing is set in stone I can reconsider with the autosaves, but I want to test it out.
It's good i didn't downloaded v0.065a and completed the games in v0.065(from day 1) we all know how much we have to grind in this game and seriously nothing happens in day 14 and 15 (weekends).

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Hi,
Here is the thing yes, with saving in middle of the dialogue will be active , but I don't think you can load a game during the middle of the doalogue so in other words we have ti wait for the dialogue to end then will be able to load.

Yes it wont be as bad as the first version of the game but still wont be able to compare with ren'py.

I personally prefer autosave/autoload due to the fast feature to replay different choices to get different results.

Most long scenes usually have skill check in the middle or somewhere in between, so it can act as a save place holder if the game crashed or you want to replay that part again.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Here is the thing yes, with saving in middle of the dialogue will be active , but I don't think you can load a game during the middle of the doalogue so in other words we have ti wait for the dialogue to end then will be able to load.

Yes it wont be as bad as the first version of the game but still wont be able to compare with ren'py.

I personally prefer autosave/autoload due to the fast feature to replay different choices to get different results.
Fun fact: You can load any save file in the middle of the dialogue, just like you can save ;-)

Last edited:

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Fun fact: You can load any save file in the middle of the dialogue, just like you can save ;-)
Well that's good to know, yet this raises another question.

If the whole point on disable reload auto-save is in order to get the feeling on succeding/failing more releastic , isn't saving during the scene the same deal?

Both have the same purpose , where if you don't like the result you can re-load.

What I like about ren'py games I can go back in text to choose differently without the need to save/reload.

My point is, reloading auto-save at skill check wont impact the game. You either disable the whole idea of saving/loading during the scenes or else you are just making the player do an extra step or two to do the same effect of the reload auto-save. In the end, same result but less convenient for the player.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Well that's good to know, yet this raises another question.

If the whole point on disable reload auto-save is in order to get the feeling on succeding/failing more releastic , isn't saving during the scene the same deal?

Both have the same purpose , where if you don't like the result you can re-load.

What I like about ren'py games I can go back in text to choose differently without the need to save/reload.

My point is, reloading auto-save at skill check wont impact the game. You either disable the whole idea of saving/loading during the scenes or else you are just making the player do an extra step or two to do the same effect of the reload auto-save. In the end, same result but less convenient for the player.
I think of it as player's inner struggle between 'I want the best result.' and 'It's too frustrating to try again, so I go with the bad option.' I don't want it to be too much frustrating, but I don't want to give you the best outcome on golden plater either.
I will do a public poll on the matter in a week or so and we'll see how it goes. Ultimately it's mine decision and I do want to force you little bit to go with whatever the outcome, that will fall upon you, at least from time to time.

I can't make everybody happy. What I can do, is to take all your opinions into the consideration and make the best decision, that will be in line of my vision for the game.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
I think of it as player's inner struggle between 'I want the best result.' and 'It's too frustrating to try again, so I go with the bad option.' I don't want it to be too much frustrating, but I don't want to give you the best outcome on golden plater either.
I will do a public poll on the matter in a week or so and we'll see how it goes. Ultimately it's mine decision and I do want to force you little bit to go with whatever the outcome, that will fall upon you, at least from time to time.

I can't make everybody happy. What I can do, is to take all your opinions into the consideration and make the best decision, that will be in line of my vision for the game.
We are just talking here, of course it's you decision and all will respect it. You do whatever you think is best for your game.

how do i get kara for the picnic i have everything i need i just cant get her to go there
if you bought all the items + located the spot for the picnic, then all you have to do is visit Kara at 08:00 in her room and talk to her.

Check Day 16 in the walkthrough if you are stuck when choosing which dialogue to choose from.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017

@Qleaf I believe there was issues with the autosave, and then automatic reload on skill failure. and it didn't happen by reloading manually.

@MikeMasters what is the command to pull up the load screen from within the game i've only seen the quit to title and then continue... i must have missed something.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@Qleaf I believe there was issues with the autosave, and then automatic reload on skill failure. and it didn't happen by reloading manually.
Not sure, what you're refering to.

@MikeMasters what is the command to pull up the load screen from within the game i've only seen the quit to title and then continue... i must have missed something.
You can save, load and delete your save files from one place.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
@MikeMasters I just started a game just to check things.. first of all I like the fact that the dorm receptionist is now included in pictures form and not just words and a sprite! but when not in a conversation all that is available is Save (right clicking on windows based system) I entered into that first conversation, and hit 's' to try to save/load and it's not giving me an option there. maybe I am missing something here and thus why I asked what was the command/key to do so during conversations? And I reference a message you posted here saying there have been some reports of the game crashing and it seemed to be linked to the auto save at a check and then reload on failure option. That is what I was speaking of to @Qleaf thinking that's why you disabled it to fix and reintroduce :) was a guess on my part though.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
@MikeMasters I just started a game just to check things.. first of all I like the fact that the dorm receptionist is now included in pictures form and not just words and a sprite! but when not in a conversation all that is available is Save (right clicking on windows based system) I entered into that first conversation, and hit 's' to try to save/load and it's not giving me an option there. maybe I am missing something here and thus why I asked what was the command/key to do so during conversations?
Quick question, which version are you playing? the save feature during conversation is active on v0.0.65a
focus on the last letter "a"

the version in this OP is v0.0.65 .... (Without the "a")

@MikeMasters And I reference a message you posted here saying there have been some reports of the game crashing and it seemed to be linked to the auto save at a check and then reload on failure option. That is what I was speaking of to @Qleaf thinking that's why you disabled it to fix and reintroduce :) was a guess on my part though.
he disabled the auto-save and reload on failure option because he now introduced a new feature where you can save/load manually during the dialogue.

Reactions: MikeMasters

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@Freki look at the image. U can switch between load, save and delete on that screen. Do you see this screen, when you push the 'S' key? Btw, do you have v0.0.65a or just v0.0.65?
I've noticed, that if you reload too many times using the 'quick reload' or the 'reload autosave', the game crashes. But I've missed any reports, so I didn't consider it to be an issue.

fullreview

Aug 3, 2017
@MikeMasters I just started a game just to check things.. first of all I like the fact that the dorm receptionist is now included in pictures form and not just words and a sprite! but when not in a conversation all that is available is Save (right clicking on windows based system) I entered into that first conversation, and hit 's' to try to save/load and it's not giving me an option there. maybe I am missing something here and thus why I asked what was the command/key to do so during conversations? And I reference a message you posted here saying there have been some reports of the game crashing and it seemed to be linked to the auto save at a check and then reload on failure option. That is what I was speaking of to @Qleaf thinking that's why you disabled it to fix and reintroduce :) was a guess on my part though.
Dude download v0.065 not v0.065a trust me if you started the new game and you follow walkthrough it will only take 10-15hrs

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi guys, I have a request for you. There is a guy, who has problems to start the game on his Mac computer. I'm not a Mac user, so I can't help him. If any of you would be kind enough to help him, that would be awesome. Thanks.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes