Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Hey guys in the hope to improve the quality of the walkthrough, I thought about a new design, I would like your input in the matter. I attached a sample version with activities for Day 1 and Day 5 (Chosen by amount of choices to be made), and I'm planning to fit 2 days in every page.

Main points to look for:
1. Is it easier to look and track which objective you are on, compared to the old version?
2. Stick with 2 days = 1 page or shall I split it to 1 day = 1 page ?

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Hi guys, I have a request for you. There is a guy, who has problems to start the game on his Mac computer. I'm not a Mac user, so I can't help him. If any of you would be kind enough to help him, that would be awesome. Thanks.
Three Methods Are
1 Launch by using a windows emulator
2 A windows wrapper
3 Installing windows through bootcamp

All RPG Maker need Windows to run.
My advice is try below link

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Hi guys, I have a request for you. There is a guy, who has problems to start the game on his Mac computer. I'm not a Mac user, so I can't help him. If any of you would be kind enough to help him, that would be awesome. Thanks.
Actually, if you still have an earlier version that WAS Mac enabled (I think it was around 0.0.4.2? 0.0.4.5? Something like that) you can do it the way I have been keeping up. Copy the contents of the www folder in the Win version, and then write that into the Contents/Resources/app.nw folder in the Mac version (after opening it by right clicking/show folder contents). I'm currently running 0.0.6.5 this way and have kept up over the last few months since you last released a full Mac version (I remember pleading for one a few months back, and then got help and figured out how to work it this way)...

Reactions: SuperMaxo

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Actually, if you still have an earlier version that WAS Mac enabled (I think it was around 0.0.4.2? 0.0.4.5? Something like that) you can do it the way I have been keeping up. Copy the contents of the www folder in the Win version, and then write that into the Contents/Resources/app.nw folder in the Mac version (after opening it by right clicking/show folder contents). I'm currently running 0.0.6.5 this way and have kept up over the last few months since you last released a full Mac version (I remember pleading for one a few months back, and then got help and figured out how to work it this way)...
I'm still releasing the full Mac version, but nobody's uploading it here. What I'm asking, or what the guy is asking, is how to open the Mac version on the Mac computer. It's seems, like it isn't that simple, if the software isn't from the official sources.

mayama

Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys in the hope to improve the quality of the walkthrough, I thought about a new design, I would like your input in the matter. I attached a sample version with activities for Day 1 and Day 5 (Chosen by amount of choices to be made), and I'm planning to fit 2 days in every page.

Main points to look for:
1. Is it easier to look and track which objective you are on, compared to the old version?
2. Stick with 2 days = 1 page or shall I split it to 1 day = 1 page ?
1. Definitely easier, having multiple choice on different lines is much better for the eye than having it all on the same line. Actually a lot of times I happened to lose the last choice I made (and I'm very into walkthroughs since I'm used to those in japanese language for visual novels). So definite improvement.

2. Maybe the 1 page per day would look tidier and if I read on the left I wouldn't be "distracted" by the right column (and viceversa) though I understand that it would become space consuming. Needing to give a preference, I'd just say stick to 1/1.

Reactions: Qleaf

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I'm still releasing the full Mac version, but nobody's uploading it here. What I'm asking, or what the guy is asking, is how to open the Mac version on the Mac computer. It's seems, like it isn't that simple, if the software isn't from the official sources.
Yes but if the mac version uses RPG Maker then it still needs to use Windows which is why I gave you 3 options
" Your purchase will include: Stand-alone version of RPG Maker MV for Windows, complimentary Steam key for RPG Maker MV for Windows/Mac/Linux, free bonus materials."
So unless its remade on Mac version its not gonna play on a Mac without an emulator or wrapper

In RPG MV straight off their own Elderbrain site the EU version of the Japanses company
You can now create your own RPG Maker games on Macintosh. It will be released at the same time as the Windows version. RPG Maker MV users will be able to build games for the following platforms:

• Windows/EXE
  • MacOSX/APP
  • Android/APK
  • iOS/IPA
  • HTML 5 for Web Browsers
rpg maker specs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeMasters

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
...introduced a new feature where you can save/load manually during the dialogue.
Does "during the dialogue" also include the point where the list of potential options is shown to the player?
eg. What does the MC want to do: "Stay and watch", "Leave"

If not how does the Play know "when" in the dialogue to save so that they can return to the point before making a choice?

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
How can I not play the game in full screen? I want to be able to see the walkthrough
For those whom didn't figure it out, it's by pressing "F4" (keyboard)

Does "during the dialogue" also include the point where the list of potential options is shown to the player?

If not how does the Play know "when" in the dialogue to save so that they can return to the point before making a choice?
I haven't played the v0.0.65a version, so I cant shed light on your question, I sure do hope so :<

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I would guess it is a permission problem.

I don't use mac so no testing but it's where I would start. Does it have the execute and read flag? Try CHMOD -R 777 directorylocation

Last edited:

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017

Yes, you can save at that point.
I would guess it is a permission problem.

I don't use mac so no testing but it's where I would start. Does it have the execute and read flag? Try CHMOD -R 777 directorylocation
I had a similar assumption. I just need somebody to test it. Thanks for the link, btw.

fullreview

Aug 3, 2017
For those whom didn't figure it out, it's by pressing "F4" (keyboard)

I haven't played the v0.0.65a version, so I cant shed light on your question, I sure do hope so :<
Do you think v0.065 save will work in v0.07 or we would have to play v0.065a?

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Do you think v0.065 save will work in v0.07 or we would have to play v0.065a?
Because of the new saving mechanic, the save files from 0.0.65 or older are not compatible with 0.0.65a or newer. I've posted my safe file on my patreon page if you're intersted.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@Qleaf hi, i'm lost in day 13 picnic scene, i'm in picnic zone, it's 10 am but Kara is at school, how proceded?

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
@Qleaf hi, i'm lost in day 13 picnic scene, i'm in picnic zone, it's 10 am but Kara is at school, how proceded?
Day 13 main objective is setting up the Picnic Area for Kara.
After you finish preparing the area, you need to talk to Kara in her room at 08:00 (Weekdays). In other words, Day 16 is the closest day.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Day 13 main objective is setting up the Picnic Area for Kara.
After you finish preparing the area, you need to talk to Kara in her room at 08:00 (Weekdays). In other words, Day 16 is the closest day.
Ty

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes