Mrbrown1373

Jan 25, 2017
F4 will get you out of full screen, you can then maximize the window and it's basically like full screen anyway.

I like the game based on the intro and all, but the timed text is driving me nuts. I read quickly, so there I sit, having to wait... for.... text.... to .... appear.... and... aaarrgh.....
What if you have a stupid laptop that does not have F4 (I have a fn button) and I have tried it with 4 but nothhing happens. SHit I tried it with every damn key and it doesn't do anything. I am starting to think the key does nothing like those damn bttons at red lights.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@MikeMasters do you have any plans to flesh out the family storyline one day?
I have general idea, where the main story will go. There will be some optional events, that will affect the main story, which probably most of you will do anyway. But most of the main story will be dealt with at the very end of the game, as some of the ideas will have irreversible consequences.
I don't want to go to details as nothing is set in stone, but to say at least this - mother has to have so kind of epiphany to start dealing with the situation and that may take couple of ingame months, so late ingame event.

Last edited:

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
What if you have a stupid laptop that does not have F4 (I have a fn button) and I have tried it with 4 but nothhing happens. SHit I tried it with every damn key and it doesn't do anything. I am starting to think the key does nothing like those damn bttons at red lights.
Use the onscreen keyboard if you're running windows 10, press the FN key on the onscreen keyboard and then try F4 via the same way maybe? (Just a thought though)

I have general idea, where the main story will go. There will be some optional events, that will affect the main story, which probably most of you will do anyway. But most of the main story will be dealt with at the very end of the game, as some of the ideas will irreversible consequences.
I don't want to go to details as nothing is set in stone, but to at least this - mother has to have so kind of epiphany to start dealing with the situation and that may take couple of ingame months, so late ingame event.
Ahhh, understood, definitely makes sense - thank you man!

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
the F4 is hardcoded within the engine, I might try to map it to another key, but it has to be one, that makes sense. For now your best friend is classical ALT+TAB to switch between programs (if you have Windows, that is)

Mrbrown1373

Jan 25, 2017
the F4 is hardcoded within the engine, I might try to map it to another key, but it has to be one, that makes sense. For now your best friend is classical ALT+TAB to switch between programs (if you have Windows, that is)
Thank you to both for the help. Still can't get f4 to work but the alt/tab works. So I will have to work it that way.

Reactions: Cirro84

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
If you need to be able to send F4 directly, one way would be to install Autohotkey and make a tiny command file for it that maps F4 to some other key you can push. Usually though, Fn-F4 should get you F4. Something along these lines:

#IfWinActive Game.exe
Capslock::F4

The first line should make Capslock only act as F4 if Game.exe is the active window. I haven't tested is but it should work.

Reactions: Cirro84

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not sure if its an engine limitation, but the combination of the slow timed text and the fact that you have to quit to the title to reload is also getting annoying. You can't seem to quit in th middle of a chain of dialogue, so assuming a "slot 24" save event fails and you want to reload, you first have to sit through a buttload of text boxes that come slow as molasses in january before you can even get to the main menu to quit. Maybe I'm impatient tonight or something but it gets on my nerves.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I'm not sure if its an engine limitation, but the combination of the slow timed text and the fact that you have to quit to the title to reload is also getting annoying. You can't seem to quit in th middle of a chain of dialogue, so assuming a "slot 24" save event fails and you want to reload, you first have to sit through a buttload of text boxes that come slow as molasses in january before you can even get to the main menu to quit. Maybe I'm impatient tonight or something but it gets on my nerves.
I guess I have to add to the very beginning of the game more info about the bound keys. There is tutorial section in the main menu and one of the tutorials says - press "S" in the middle of the dialogue to save/load game
;-)

Nebta

Aug 1, 2017
Played through most of the scenes in v0.0.8 and like the progress so far.

Haven't encountered bugs. Any chance you can tell me when Kimberley is in her room (to talk about job openings)? Checked every hour in the weekend but no deal. Thank you

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Played through most of the scenes in v0.0.8 and like the progress so far.

Haven't encountered bugs. Any chance you can tell me when Kimberley is in her room (to talk about job openings)? Checked every hour in the weekend but no deal. Thank you
17:00 and 21:00 at week days, 19:00 at weekend. I hope there's no bug.

SilentFella

Aug 9, 2017
Just out of curiosity, since I don't think I found everything in 0.7, are you able to finish all 4 massage lessons? I could never seem to get past 2 in 0.7. Other than that, I can figure out the rest now that I know times for the apartment Joan is living at.... assuming there is stuff to do with her there. I kept going back there for when I thought dinner was, but never saw anybody but her, saying the same thing over and over.

Like the game btw. Find it interesting with how the story is going and can't wait for another update to it, involving the family that is.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Just out of curiosity, since I don't think I found everything in 0.7, are you able to finish all 4 massage lessons? I could never seem to get past 2 in 0.7. Other than that, I can figure out the rest now that I know times for the apartment Joan is living at.... assuming there is stuff to do with her there. I kept going back there for when I thought dinner was, but never saw anybody but her, saying the same thing over and over.

Like the game btw. Find it interesting with how the story is going and can't wait for another update to it, involving the family that is.
1. Massage lessons, only 2 so far, the others not implemented yet even in v0.8.

2. As for the activities to do at Joan's apartment, not really much, several intractable scenes, but the rest is mainly spying.

Reactions: SilentFella

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
As a major bug, is being able to finish the quest "Come here, Income!" Without starting it...

Steps should be:
1. Talk to Joan
2. Talk to Kimberly
3. Wait 2 days
4. Talk to Joan
Complete

But currently, we are able to skip step 1, to be precise, when talking to Joan as the last step, quests get completed then she begins the starting dialogue for the start of the quest... but the quest will be marked as complete....

RiffRaff0682

Aug 3, 2017
When you bring up the save screen and click on the file, you can click load at the top of the box, just to the left of save :D

hope that helps.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I knew that pathetic failed excuse little pussy would try something once the brother left the house. My question is when will the brother get to beat his ass like the failed excuse that he is and maybe even throw his pathetic ass out of the house?

@

I noticed what I think is a bug with the save system. I was talking to the sister and got to the spot where she is talking about the hot tub. I hit S and saved at the *So go naked! You don't have a swimsuit? Why not?* spot so I could check out the different spots by reloading. If I hit S and reload no matter what response I pick it's always *You don't have a swimsuit* that comes up. It also looks like it corrupts the save game because even after killing the game and reloading the save it's still like that.

Just did a bit more testing and it seems using the S save option corrupts the save the 2nd time I selected so go naked! option and now it shows that response for all the options even when you kill the game and select and load the save again. It might only be this spot that is having this happen as I tried it with the other spot where the sister is kneeling by her brother I reloaded the save there and selecting a option showed the correct response.

Also noticed for me that both dresses are back in the store again even though I have already bought both of them and have already finished that quest line.

When eating in the main hall with Jane. Kimberly comes up and asks you want you want after all the introducing Kimberly asks. So, what would you like to order, [N]? No clue what the N is suppose to be for and it's not my players name.

Not sure I understand Joan's profile description. Joan is my sister and we are Joans. I think it is suppose to say Joan is my sister and we are friends.

I laughed at the brothers expression at the dinner table when eating supper with Joan at her apartment. Too me it looked like he was going urk and trying not to gag on the taste of the food so he wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings or he looks like he's trying to mind bend that fork in his hand or he looks like he's really really trying hard to either not fart or to really let one rip.x'D

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeMasters

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
When you bring up the save screen and click on the file, you can click load at the top of the box, just to the left of save :D

hope that helps.
He wasn't aware that there was a way to bring up the save screen during a dialogue to begin with, and that question was already answered by the developer..... Press "S" during a dialogue will bring up the screen.

This question and "How to change the size of the screen" (By pressing F4) are getting repeated a lot....

If only people would read before posting :<

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes