0uK

May 18, 2017
Do i need o start all over to see the new content in this update? Because my save is for day 18(i think is that one), the last day from the last version (0.0.7)

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Do i need o start all over to see the new content in this update? Because my save is for day 18(i think is that one), the last day from the last version (0.0.7)
You shouldn't need to, but I would recommend it. Fortunately you can start from day 9, using the save in the OP .

Reactions: 0uK

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi guys, I might dig my own grave with this, but I have a request to you.
I am needy guy and I would love, if you could rate this game.

No matter, how you feel about the game, I'd love to read about it. Be honest with me, what is good, what is bad? Is it worth it to play this game? Use the whole scale from 1 to 5 stars and force me to work hard on the most concerning issues, you may have.

It will also raise awareness about this game and more people might play it thanks to your rating.

Thank you for your support and enjoy your day.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Hi guys, I might dig my own grave with this, but I have a request to you.
I am needy guy and I would love, if you could rate this game.

No matter, how you feel about the game, I'd love to read about it. Be honest with me, what is good, what is bad? Is it worth it to play this game? Use the whole scale from 1 to 5 stars and force me to work hard on the most concerning issues, you may have.

It will also raise awareness about this game and more people might play it thanks to your rating.

Thank you for your support and enjoy your day.
you have a great game i'd put it at 4-4.5 for me. few minor things really are the only thing i can say you do great work, when i find something i think needs to be worked on, I will post it for you. :) one of the problems is the RPGM engine but I'm NOT asking you to change that, it does good things and bad things in general.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
So...started playing this game after a very long time so I can write a review as per @MikeMasters request, and one thing I would like to suggest is that MikeMasters get a proofreader to help him out. Story is good and at least it isn't Engrish or machine translation, but I think he could get an even more polished game with taking care of the little things. I'd be more than happy to help!

Thinking on it, it'd probably be smart to have a second proofreader to check the first proofreader. After all, humans do make mistakes, except the hero in College Life. He can do no wrong! (With help from Qleaf, of course)

Just a thought to help out a good cause. Cheers!

Reactions: SuperMaxo

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
So...started playing this game after a very long time so I can write a review as per @MikeMasters request, and one thing I would like to suggest is that MikeMasters get a proofreader to help him out. Story is good and at least it isn't Engrish or machine translation, but I think he could get an even more polished game with taking care of the little things. I'd be more than happy to help!

Thinking on it, it'd probably be smart to have a second proofreader to check the first proofreader. After all, humans do make mistakes, except the hero in College Life. He can do no wrong! (With help from Qleaf, of course)

Just a thought to help out a good cause. Cheers!
I would like to have someone to correct my mistakes. Right now the main problem is extracting and importing text from/to RPG Maker. I had some suggestions from others, but none is simple enough, that would make it worth it. When I find simple solution, then I will return to this issue. Right now the English is bearable and I'm ok with that.

Reactions: bacchusplateau

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I would like to have someone to correct my mistakes. Right now the main problem is extracting and importing text from/to RPG Maker. I had some suggestions from others, but none is simple enough, that would make it worth it. When I find simple solution, then I will return to this issue. Right now the English is bearable and I'm ok with that.
I have found that even without the project file I can open a game that is unpacked in my copy of RPG Maker MV. I create a new project, close the project and drop all the game files into the project folder and reopen the project. I then have access to all the map data and the event dialog. It should be simple for you to assign someone a map or two that you are not currently working on for them to edit the dialog. Then you would drop the edited maps back into your game project folder for testing and distribution.

If you don't want to find someone else with RPG Maker MV to help with the dialog, there is another way I have been using. It is a bit more complicated, but not unbearable. Once again you need access to the unpacked map files. Then I open them in Notepad++, use the plugin json viewer to open up the the file to a more readable state, make my edits, and then use the plugin js tool to "js min" the individual event lines to get it back into the format that RPG Maker generates. I have been able to run games with the files un-min'ed as it were as I work on them. I have not tried sending un-min'ed files back into RPG Maker to see if it would reformat them itself or if it would choke on them.

So there are two options for dialog clean up if you can find an interested editor.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
M'kay, I'd just like to comment on the game mechanics. Particularly on different skills and progression with said skills.

When using your skills, you either succeed or fail, and it appears all of your skills start at 50%. If you succeed, you gain a point, and if you fail, you lose a point. If you don't save scum, and actually play the game straight through - statistically speaking - most, if not all of your skills will stay at, or about, 50%. Sure, maybe a skill will rise up enough that you're more likely succeed and the stats will go up, or the opposite may happen and a skill will eventually tank.

My thought on trying to balance this would be, instead of gain a point, lose a point, what if you gain a point for a success and gain two points for a failure. You'd still lose friendship points for failing in your task, but the idea that, 'You learn more from your mistakes instead of from your successes' would come into play. Also, the more you do a task, win or lose, you still gain skill points and get better at that skill. Eventually, when you get fully proficient at a skill, it'll open the opportunity to learn new skills.

I think that's all for now. Thoughts?

Reactions: MikeMasters

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
M'kay, I'd just like to comment on the game mechanics. Particularly on different skills and progression with said skills.

When using your skills, you either succeed or fail, and it appears all of your skills start at 50%. If you succeed, you gain a point, and if you fail, you lose a point. If you don't save scum, and actually play the game straight through - statistically speaking - most, if not all of your skills will stay at, or about, 50%. Sure, maybe a skill will rise up enough that you're more likely succeed and the stats will go up, or the opposite may happen and a skill will eventually tank.

My thought on trying to balance this would be, instead of gain a point, lose a point, what if you gain a point for a success and gain two points for a failure. You'd still lose friendship points for failing in your task, but the idea that, 'You learn more from your mistakes instead of from your successes' would come into play. Also, the more you do a task, win or lose, you still gain skill points and get better at that skill. Eventually, when you get fully proficient at a skill, it'll open the opportunity to learn new skills.

I think that's all for now. Thoughts?
Interesting idea, but can it be universal? For example workouts - you successfully exercise, you gain point, but when you fail and hurt yourself all your hard work is gone and you won't improve, in fact you'll get worse. So I would have to introduce different mechanics for different skills, not bad idea per se, but it might be confusing for players.

I have different idea, how to force players to fail from time to time, like unique events, unique CGs etc.

Reactions: bacchusplateau

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Interesting idea, but can it be universal? For example workouts - you successfully exercise, you gain point, but when you fail and hurt yourself all your hard work is gone and you won't improve, in fact you'll get worse. So I would have to introduce different mechanics for different skills, not bad idea per se, but it might be confusing for players.

I have different idea, how to force players to fail from time to time, like unique events, unique CGs etc.
I understand my idea isn't foolproof. Another problem I can see with my idea is run away stats. You could be at 100% far sooner then you, the developer, wants or prepared to be. To correct this problem, I'd suggest having a cap of 300 instead of 100. Maybe the MC start at 150, or even lower so the cap isn't reached too early. Also, not all stats should start at 50% (150 in my example). The MC already admitted that he works out, so his 'muscle' stat would start higher than his 'massage' stat.

As for your muscle stat problem, you could change things around a bit. When you are working out, and depending if you do the extra 10 reps or not, a 'fitness' stat or a 'workout' stat goes up 1 point for success, or up 2 points for a failure - the MC learned what he did something wrong so hopefully next time he doesn't make the same mistake - but his muscle stat is separate, like Jane's friendship stat, and it could go up one for a successful workout and down 1, or even 2 to represent the muscles damaged by failing at the workout, on a failure.

Truth be told, I have no idea what goes into programming a game. I think my ideas would be possible, but maybe what I'm suggesting would create a bug infested monster vomiting code all over the place.

As for automatic success or failure, you've already used that twice to my knowledge. The first time you met Jane and you took the kiss farther and reached out to her boob, kissing was at 100%, and the first time you tried to massage Jane's feet was an automatic failure. I don't think that is cheating or wrongdoing on your part. These are just tools for you to progress the plot. You are the dev after all, and as they say, or at least it should be said, "The developer may not always be right, but the developer is always the developer." Hmm...doesn't quite sound the same when I replaced word 'boss' with 'developer'.

What it comes down to is, you as the developer is the boss!!! I'm just throwing out ideas that I hope may make your game better, not for just the fans, but for you.

On a side note, your rending skills and the use of your renders are top notch, A-class shit. Keep following your dream my friend, and don't let peeps like me derail that dream. Cheers!

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Me again!

I think I found an unintentional way to farm Spycraft points. Following @Qleaf 's walkthrough, on Day 4 at 3:00 in the morning - which is actually Day 5 in game time - I didn't get to see anyone when I tried to walk into the women's shower on the third floor. Frustrated, I just kept walking in until finally Tattoo was there showering. I then wondered if I kept checking if I might see Kara, so I kept walking into the shower. No Kara, but every once in a while, Tattoo was showering and I noticed that on every second or third time that I'd see Tattoo, I'd gain a Spycraft point. I kept doing this until I became a voyeur in Spycraft, and Tattoo suddenly pointed to the sky and said, "Dee plane, dee plane!"

Okay, Tattoo never pointed to the sky and shouted out about a plane, but I was able to keep collecting Spycraft points.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Me again!

I think I found an unintentional way to farm Spycraft points. Following @Qleaf 's walkthrough, on Day 4 at 3:00 in the morning - which is actually Day 5 in game time - I didn't get to see anyone when I tried to walk into the women's shower on the third floor. Frustrated, I just kept walking in until finally Tattoo was there showering. I then wondered if I kept checking if I might see Kara, so I kept walking into the shower. No Kara, but every once in a while, Tattoo was showering and I noticed that on every second or third time that I'd see Tattoo, I'd gain a Spycraft point. I kept doing this until I became a voyeur in Spycraft, and Tattoo suddenly pointed to the sky and said, "Dee plane, dee plane!"

Okay, Tattoo never pointed to the sky and shouted out about a plane, but I was able to keep collecting Spycraft points.
Lol, tag @MikeMasters if you think you found a bug so you can report the bug for me and hopefully he’ll be able to fix the bug.

Ps: Take the pic of dee plane next time XD

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes