VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
My impression was that Mireille is not entirely forthcoming with the MC, about the extent of her activities. Beautiful character by the way.

The story veers into arbitrariness a couple times (like, I'm still not sure what the deal with the gangster gang and Aria and that Lady was, just too much "who set up who?" going on). In general the writing and worldbuilding is really good though.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
My impression was that Mireille is not entirely forthcoming with the MC, about the extent of her activities. Beautiful character by the way.

The story veers into arbitrariness a couple times (like, I'm still not sure what the deal with the gangster gang and Aria and that Lady was, just too much "who set up who?" going on). In general the writing and worldbuilding is really good though.
It's noir sci-fi. It's not supposed to be clear about what's going on at this early stage of the story. Each of the scenes is a vignette, gradually filling in enough details that you might be able to piece it together.

And keep in mind that the player has seen more of the story than MC has - i.e. the meeting between Safiya and the Duke, Miri (?) secretly speaking with her handler. There's multiple factions, and MC is a pawn caught in the middle.

Stories like this are :love: delicious.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Right, but it was still a bit too much schemery at once for my tastes. It was mainly the scenes with long discussions they had where they seemed stuck in a rut about who/what is doing what and what they should be doing. As I said my gripe is pretty small though, since overall the writing was excellent. I prefer the story to follow the MC pretty closely and reveal things gradually.

huehuefu

Feb 17, 2022
It's noir sci-fi. It's not supposed to be clear about what's going on at this early stage of the story. Each of the scenes is a vignette, gradually filling in enough details that you might be able to piece it together.

And keep in mind that the player has seen more of the story than MC has - i.e. the meeting between Safiya and the Duke, Miri (?) secretly speaking with her handler. There's multiple factions, and MC is a pawn caught in the middle.

Stories like this are :love: delicious.
100% agree with this, absolutely love stories like this where things come into place slowly without being too vague to bore one. And the characters are super cool and beautiful... already one of my top VNs if this continues

Nov 9, 2022
View attachment 1870775

Overview:
Color of My Sound is a Sci-Fi Thriller and Erotic visual novel.
The story began when a rebellion erupted across the Empire's worlds on an unprecedented scale and humanity faced an uncertain future for the first time since the Empire's inception.
Follow the story of the Officer, as he carefully manoeuvres around the machinations of various powers of the Empire, each vying for his allegiance or death...
As the commanding officer of Special Operations Squad "Nu", form camaraderie, rivalry, and even romance with your team members. Careful, each member has their own hidden agenda and personal stake. Pay careful attention, trust no one. You will need to earn the loyalty, perhaps even the love of each member to survive...​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-15
Release Date: 2022-06-14
Developer: Gallant Trombe - F95zone - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 1 Finale - 9
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -
Others:
ANDROID* - COMPRESSED*

*This port/version is unofficial and might break your game, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1419563 View attachment 1419566 View attachment 1419568 View attachment 1419570 View attachment 1419572 View attachment 1419574 View attachment 1419576 View attachment 1871186 View attachment 1871185 View attachment 1871184 View attachment 1871183
Developer? I'd like a word about your marketing.

Beautiful artwork. Intriguing name. Terrible ad copy. You've got this big sci-fi info-dump full of proper nouns I've never heard of before and I have to dig through all of that crammed-in exposition to pick out the 2 or 3 words that would actually motivate me to want to know more about the story? It's not ideal.

Try doing it like an action movie trailer. We all know what those sound like by now, right? They follow a very obvious pattern. And they keep reusing that pattern over and over again, because it works. Go ahead and imagine the following in the Mr. Universe/ voice, if you like:

In a galaxy torn apart by rebellion, one man must thread the needle between the loyalty of his unit and the treachery of his empire. As commanding officer of Special Operations Squad "Nu," you'll need to pay close attention and trust no one if you want your team to survive. Discover each colleague's hidden agendas and personal stakes, earn their loyalty, and maybe even find love as you lead your unit to glory... or defeat.

STARRING:

No Game No Life Is Strange,
I Ciri What You Did There,
A Surprisingly Polished Model,
The Ugly Duckling In Every Teen Comedy Movie,
And lots... and lots... of pink and blue neon!
(title reveal)

Ass Erect!

Sorry, I slipped into full Honest Trailers mode there at the end. (Which, itself, is actually pretty dishonest of me, since I haven't played it yet.) But hopefully you can see how much shorter, more concise, and more compelling the action movie treatment is. We don't need to know the name of the empire. We probably don't even need to know the name of the Squad. You can save that stuff for inside the game. But I kept the squad name in because you get (at most) exactly one proper noun in your introduction, and this seemed like the most salient of your options. If there were a name of a ship that you fly around in all the time, I'd have used that instead, because it's sure to be the name that gets mentioned the most by other characters.

(Edit: I changed "if you want to survive" to "if you want your team to survive" to make it clear that "trust no one" doesn't necessarily apply to your own crew. You know, since trust is kind of a necessary precondition for love. I don't know what you're doing with the story and the tone and the player's choices, though, so tweak it as you see fit. The point is to make it short and flavorful.)

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Developer? I'd like a word about your marketing.

Beautiful artwork. Intriguing name. Terrible ad copy. You've got this big sci-fi info-dump full of proper nouns I've never heard of before and I have to dig through all of that crammed-in exposition to pick out the 2 or 3 words that would actually motivate me to want to know more about the story? It's not ideal.

Try doing it like an action movie trailer. We all know what those sound like by now, right? They follow a very obvious pattern. And they keep reusing that pattern over and over again, because it works. Go ahead and imagine the following in the Mr. Universe/ voice, if you like:

In a galaxy torn apart by rebellion, one man must thread the needle between the loyalty of his unit and the treachery of his empire. As commanding officer of Special Operations Squad "Nu," you'll need to pay close attention and trust no one if you want your team to survive. Discover each colleague's hidden agendas and personal stakes, earn their loyalty, and maybe even find love as you lead your unit to glory... or defeat.

STARRING:

No Game No Life Is Strange,
I Ciri What You Did There,
A Surprisingly Polished Model,
The Ugly Duckling In Every Teen Comedy Movie,
And lots... and lots... of pink and blue neon!
(title reveal)

Ass Erect!

Sorry, I slipped into full Honest Trailers mode there at the end. (Which, itself, is actually pretty dishonest of me, since I haven't played it yet.) But hopefully you can see how much shorter, more concise, and more compelling the action movie treatment is. We don't need to know the name of the empire. We probably don't even need to know the name of the Squad. You can safe that stuff for inside the game. But I kept the squad name in because you get (at most) exactly one proper noun in your introduction, and this seemed like the most salient of your options. If there were a name of a ship that you fly around in all the time, I'd have used that instead, because it's sure to be the name that gets mentioned the most by other characters.

(Edit: I changed "if you want to survive" to "if you want your team to survive" to make it clear that "trust no one" doesn't necessarily apply to your own crew. You know, since trust is kind of a necessary precondition for love. I don't know what you're doing with the story and the tone and the player's choices, though, so tweak it as you see fit. The point is to make it short and flavorful.)

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion. I plan on rewriting the overview for the next update anyway.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: TranscendentThots

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
Do the choices in this game changes the outcome in the future or the way girls see us in this game.
For instance after the death of grace, Lana offers to release some stress for mc. If we let her do that, does she lose her respect for us or do we get love points for stopping her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EndlessNights

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC and Lana have the most in common and would do best together sharing the command in battle. Some thoughts:

You say ”Yes” to Lana. Unflinching, strong throbbing and sincere ”Yes” to being with her.
Because that is WHAT A COMMANDING MC does- STANDS UP AND PINING FOR HIS BABES.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes