VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

crotch69

Aug 20, 2020
I feel like this game peaked during the first year of development and now it's just... being dragged.
MC being clueless pretty much all the time now.
The scene with Safiya where he (true veteran; hero) almost sobs while being uber pathetic - I just don't even know anymore.
Dizzy's arc - ???????????
I don't think Grace is the only one that used marbles...

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
Please don't let it be a stale story where the rebels are the good guys and the government is the bad guy.

I already knew there was something wrong with Rose.
The fact that she is a rebel spy trying to seduce and take advantage of Mc is enough to cross her off my LI list.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
MC's strengths are supposedly as a Tactical Officer, which, the one time we see it, seems like he's at least competent at. He's way too passive though. Info is being held from him at basically every level and he kinda just shrugs and sighs about it? Aria breaks into his HQ again and he does nothing. I was trying to develop a head-canon where he's patiently sitting at the centre of the storm, observing, and waiting for his moment to act (ex: why go all out and show off all his skills in a spar), but that's becoming more and more flimsy. Everyone around him is at least a little bit terrible and definitely hiding things, and the MC mostly observes or gets in the way. And it seems likely now that Dizzy/Rose hacked/did something to him through his eye implants, so likely more agency lost ahead as well.

As others have pointed out, we aren't seeing the skills that supposedly earned his reputation, it seems more like it was PR inflated. Sure, he's a bit out of his element and dripping angst and internal conflict, but he seems more like a hollow pawn being moved around the board rather than a protagonist that affects the world around him.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I have mixed feelings about this update. Safiya is a straight-up piece of shit, but MC still wants to help her because "I feel bad for you." Nah man, fuck her. The only LI I had any interest in game ended herself. And I still don't have it in me to trust any of my team members. Blanche seems okay, she just has MC's little sister vibes going rather than being an actual LI.
Safiya is the worst, still hasn't given a reason, other than guilt, for the MC to work with her at all, justifies killing her own agent rather than getting them off-world, keeps pushing, poking, and prodding...and that's it. No value added or shown.

And even the best left, Blanche, was snitching to her Dr., so she's not squeaky clean either. Whatever story the Dev is trying to tell is either not that great, or they're failing at conveying what they want to. imo.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I remember the facial renders having much more depth and character, but now they all looked airbrushed/filtered to death. I zipped through the game and managed to find this one that is the way I remember it:

View attachment 3076085

vs now:

View attachment 3076089

Boring. Generic as fuck. Sigh.
Losing the one cyberpunk looking character to a bland-down makeover is a real shame. Like, Blanche, you do you, mental health is good y'all, but Dev, why?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fun Shaundi

dopey80

May 29, 2017
Not sure if I'm still in chapter 1, (how big are the chapters?) but the squad is talking right after first meeting Safiya, talking about Grace. My one big problem is killing your own assets as a first move due to exposure is shitty SOP; even, or especially, for espionage assets you should go with an exfil over an assassination, unless you're both lazy and cruel. Grace, reportedly, just arrived on planet, move her to a different part of the planet or a completely new one. Trade her as a favour to a different org. Killing her is a waste, and the way it's treated as no big thing (especially by Elise) really bugs me.

Also, the Officer should really start using his commander status soon, like keeping Aria, who is outside the command structure, away from their base. It's all very messy.

The one year timeline also stretches plausibility, but I've mostly come to grips with that. Game is very good though, understanding the hype.
You've pretty much summed up most of my criticisms of the game before this update and I'm not liking the direction of travel in this update at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hungover00

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
What is up with this doormat MC trend? This is the 7th or 8th game i have come across these past couple weeks which drastically changed the supposed highly trained/skilled badass MC to a pathetic passive sissy in 3 or 4 updates just because "story".
Is making every female in the game shit on MC really the only way to progress the story or is doing so the only way to connect with LIs? Which is even worse.
And the most troubling aspect of this is that it does not even makes sense. I really wanted to play this game to the end but the negatives outweighs the positives now.
Good luck dev.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I was more or less okay with most of the content of the update, but the Safiya interaction really annoyed me. She's terrible, and it sucks as a player to not have any input into how the MC responds to her.

Reactions: Nico Odin

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Why doesn't anyone know what a SPOILER is? FFS, you don't think what some of you have posted is significant enough that you're giving stuff away? I'm sorry I didn't get to playing the update in the last 16 hours. For some of us, that spans the course of the workday. Thanks for ruining a major part of the update for me. :mad:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
started a new save and found this one. i am using the walkthrough mod if thats the problem. View attachment 3076316 View attachment 3076323 View attachment 3076352 after this last one it wont allow me to continue. as there is no ignore button
Pay attention to what your using, the mod clearly shows that is for the previous version, and as stated in the changelog, the code was changed, and lots of things were changed, there isn't much in a way an old outdated mod can work on a new version of a game.

Reactions: PapaPhat

sanchotx

Sep 17, 2022
Developer: Gallant Trombe - F95zone - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've made a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight some recommended choices. Enjoy!!
P/s: Updated to Ch2 C.v4
Download: MEGA
updating?

Moon Blaster

Oct 3, 2023
Why doesn't anyone know what a SPOILER is? FFS, you don't think what some of you have posted is significant enough that you're giving stuff away? I'm sorry I didn't get to playing the update in the last 16 hours. For some of us, that spans the course of the workday. Thanks for ruining a major part of the update for me. :mad:
if it was me who ruined it you are welcome , my day was ruined thanks to the spoiler i wrote so i had to ruin anyone else day .
Nah i actually forgot to put it under spoilers , it is as a spoiler now so other people that haven't played the game won't be spoiled like you were, you were just unlucky enough to go to the comments section right after i commented, this if you are talking about my comment , if not just ignore it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
It seems GT has taken inspiration from George R. R. Martin... Jokes aside, alot of this discussion is going to be hidden behind a spoiler for obvious reasons.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gallant Trombe - A solid end to chapter 2 :) While I personally didn't enjoy the outcome, it's nice to see you unafraid of subverting expectations.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Well the comments certainly dont make me want to DL this game anymore. Hard to get attached to characters when the dev seems perfectly fine with just offing them. Guess this game unfortunately joins many others in a wait and see what happens before trying it again pile.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes