VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yo, this is amazing. I just started like 10 minutes ago and I can already tell this will be one of the best story driven games. Top notch sci fi writing. Great intro. Renders are ridiculously good.

The only thing that is sorely missing is music and sound. Normally, I don't really care for such things, but with a game that seems to be this epic, with a great cinematic quality to it, the lack of audio is really felt.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Short update, but brings up some interesting things storywise into the mix that are intriguing. Didn't see either H-scene due to my choices, but I am fine with that since those were the decisions I thought were best. Hope the wait for the next update isn't too long since I am interested to see how things go from here.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Finished playing. A few thoughts.

Again, the lack of any audio was felt. I know some people, including me, prefer to mute sounds for a lot of games, but there are some games that really deserve the added atmosphere provided by the audio. Ambient sounds, some sound effects, and appropriate music when necessary goes a long way. I believe the dev will address this in future updates so looking forward to that.

I felt the MC's sudden turn into a male dom guy in the Lana scene was quite jarring. This is coming from a dude who pretty much requires male dom vibes to even get into a scene. The dev said this was intentional, so I shall see how it is explained. I just have a hard time thinking of possible reasons unless the MC has multiple personalities or something heh. Mostly because his dream scenes with the white hair girl had 0 male dom vibes, meaning it can't be just that he is a dom in bed. Plus, the MC got really flustered when Miri pulled the bath time stunt.

Speaking of the bath stunt, I feel like this interaction had possible problems on another level. Military chain of command and authority is something that is treated like a joke in most modern media, be it games or tv/movies. Soldiers acting chummy with their superior officers. The officers undermining their own authority by showing weakness and acting clowny to be "one of the crew." While it's true that 2 of the members on the team are civilians, the SOS is still a military detail AFAIK, however informal it may be. I'm sure many things go into consideration when writing these interactions, such as approachability and characterization, but totally forgoing the command structure comes off as a bit woke to me. Of course, the MC has his own guilt and issues about his service and isn't portrayed as a hardass. He does pull rank on Lana when she comes in to shoot the 2 thugs though. The way he reacted to Miri seemed really... impotent, for lack of a better word. This point turned out to be the longest, but it's probably more of a pet peeve than a serious issue with the writing.

Well, that was just some thoughts and what little criticism I could bring up. This is one of the best starts to grace this site when it comes to plot driven VNs.

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Feels like it could use a walkthrough here, lot of unknown variants although I like the style of them, they feel like theyd have an actual impact and I kinda like not knowing what that'd be. But I also want everything and HATE missing things because I picked the wrong option.

Reactions: verzauberung

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Finished playing. A few thoughts.

Again, the lack of any audio was felt. I know some people, including me, prefer to mute sounds for a lot of games, but there are some games that really deserve the added atmosphere provided by the audio. Ambient sounds, some sound effects, and appropriate music when necessary goes a long way. I believe the dev will address this in future updates so looking forward to that.

I felt the MC's sudden turn into a male dom guy in the Lana scene was quite jarring. This is coming from a dude who pretty much requires male dom vibes to even get into a scene. The dev said this was intentional, so I shall see how it is explained. I just have a hard time thinking of possible reasons unless the MC has multiple personalities or something heh. Mostly because his dream scenes with the white hair girl had 0 male dom vibes, meaning it can't be just that he is a dom in bed. Plus, the MC got really flustered when Miri pulled the bath time stunt.

Speaking of the bath stunt, I feel like this interaction had possible problems on another level. Military chain of command and authority is something that is treated like a joke in most modern media, be it games or tv/movies. Soldiers acting chummy with their superior officers. The officers undermining their own authority by showing weakness and acting clowny to be "one of the crew." While it's true that 2 of the members on the team are civilians, the SOS is still a military detail AFAIK, however informal it may be. I'm sure many things go into consideration when writing these interactions, such as approachability and characterization, but totally forgoing the command structure comes off as a bit woke to me. Of course, the MC has his own guilt and issues about his service and isn't portrayed as a hardass. He does pull rank on Lana when she comes in to shoot the 2 thugs though. The way he reacted to Miri seemed really... impotent, for lack of a better word. This point turned out to be the longest, but it's probably more of a pet peeve than a serious issue with the writing.

Well, that was just some thoughts and what little criticism I could bring up. This is one of the best starts to grace this site when it comes to plot driven VNs.
Okay, I said I rather explain it in the story itself than doing it here, but I guess I can say the following. It's not really a spoiler, but don't read it if you don't want me to explain the 2 scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
Oh god the blinking. Where did this come from? Who likes to look at super slow unrealistic blinking while everything else stays perfectly still?

Reactions: Prj3tC

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Short update, but brings up some interesting things storywise into the mix that are intriguing. Didn't see either H-scene due to my choices, but I am fine with that since those were the decisions I thought were best. Hope the wait for the next update isn't too long since I am interested to see how things go from here.
what were the two H-scenes?

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
Tried to play this on my Macbook Pro..

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive gui.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Darwin-15.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Tue Nov 16 23:54:14 2021

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Tried to play this on my Macbook Pro..

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Darwin-15.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Tue Nov 16 23:54:14 2021
I don't have a Mac to test this on, but here is the Mac version. I'd appreciate it if you or anyone can give it a test for me. Thank you :)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I don't have a Mac to test this on, but here is the Mac version. I'd appreciate it if you or anyone can give it a test for me. Thank you :)

Mac
I have a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.15. This worked fine for me...
Played a run through from scratch and from an early save. No exceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: crotch69

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
It works.. just one tidbit- don't make the people start the games in full screen- make it windowed.. but the game downloads just fine and runs perfectly..

Reactions: Gallant Trombe
4.30 star(s) 68 Votes