VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.2 Final v7] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

theola

Dec 21, 2019
All these mental gymnastic just to defend a useless MC. The purpose of thread like this is to give criticism, so, at the current state, the MC is just a useless good for nothing character, too docile and lacks any self confidence, simple as that. Perhaps it'll change in the future, but that's how it is currently.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
sorry I'll jump in, did you ever take in conteplation, that the MC is the one who tells us the "overcoming" story ? he has more flaws than we all together! true, he lacks of fighting skills, Lara, and Elise top him without any effort in that, plus Lara has all the spiritual side of it, Mirelle tops him in being cunning in spy games, Blanche has tech skills beyond his, and he has Lady Safyia, who tops him in Leadership, the Judge tops him in rightousness, so where left this the MC ?
Exactly this. We're talking about a very average let down of an individual before the war....someone who had a few weeks basic training (and assume 'some' discipline training...though given the context of the story...he a grunt so maybe they didn't care about that aspect)...the boy is literally a walking poster for depressive mental health issues and failure.

He says himself...he not a hero, his few 'victories' were by pure luck and timing and nothing to do with him personally....he surrounded by people who are better than him (as people), better in combat, more trained, more intelligent, more experienced in life...in reality all higher ranks...a 'boss' who admits openly keeping secrets from him and same said person being able to hear and see everything he does and says...yet this idiot troll on this thread expects him to be Commander Shep all of a sudden?

He doesn't question having impants....gold (felixible) arms...the fact Lana is besotted with him...but the MC being a bit dim and not having a clue/taking charge is what he has an issue with? rofl...*shakes head*....

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Maviarab ; sorry about my reaction, let me explain why I had to chuckle / laugh , I grew up in Germany, and all the good Drama films the Hero (MC) is very conflicted, nevertheless, exactly that gives the story a deepness that is unbeliveable, somehow Blume not only because the name makes allusion to a "flower" hence it is the impersonification of good things, isn't around when strong things happend, so Blume is not his boss voice, it is his conciousness, and his "inocence" which is more or less untouched after the war, he is dealing like all members of his team with heavy POST at least is what I mean to interprete.
If you take a look at all your reasoning and take also into cout this, the picture drawn is a bit diferent.
anyway expect the next few updates to bring explosive revelations.
great Job dev.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
All these mental gymnastic just to defend a useless MC. The purpose of thread like this is to give criticism, so, at the current state, the MC is just a useless good for nothing character, too docile and lacks any self confidence, simple as that. Perhaps it'll change in the future, but that's how it is currently.
I disagree. Different people, different opinions.

sorry I'll jump in, did you ever take in conteplation, that the MC is the one who tells us the "overcoming" story ? he has more flaws than we all together! true, he lacks of fighting skills, Lara, and Elise top him without any effort in that, plus Lara has all the spiritual side of it, Mirelle tops him in being cunning in spy games, Blanche has tech skills beyond his, and he has Lady Safyia, who tops him in Leadership, the Judge tops him in rightousness, so where left this the MC ?
Excluded explosion, nothing to say about it. She was my favorite, but hey, shit happens.

Anyway, on the above. Overcoming a challenge would be welcome. Not being best in anything is perfectly valid and ok.
The issue some of us have been bringing is that it's hard to see how exactly MC is trying to overcome. How is he trying to outsmart, outplay potential treason from within?
Before this update I'd say with 100% certainty there won't be any, but after events of this update, I'll give dev major props for actually doing ballsy thing (despite it being a sad event for me) and wouldn't be surprised if someone from the team actually is working against MC.

My complaint comes from MC having done nothing so far.
He's given orders which were "outruled" by others.
He's been forced to add insanely untrustworthy people to his team.
He hasn't said a single thing or gotten into single argument to defend his opinion when others disagreed with him.
He's allowed everyone to boss him around, do whatever they want.

And even all of that WOULD BE fine if he was making some plans, or known about stuff.
Problem is he is always caught flat footed. He knows nothing and is always 5 steps behind.
He's barely involved with events except coming to see final stage unravel.

That's why I said monologues would be such an amazing thing. Some thought process to show he's not incompetent fool that accepted his fate and hopes nobody kills him.
And yes, I'm well aware he's worried they can read his thoughts, but if you'll excuse me being blunt here, that's such a lazy excuse not to have monologues.

EDIT:
The only, and I mean only possible explanation I can see for MC being so utterly garbage is he was always garbage, his reputation is absurdly inflated (which he himself says it kind of is) and someone's using him as scapegoat for mess that might come out.
Still doesn't make for interesting POV and DEFINITELY doesn't explain why any girl would be interested in him.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
And even all of that WOULD BE fine if he was making some plans, or known about stuff.
Problem is he is always caught flat footed. He knows nothing and is always 5 steps behind.
He's barely involved with events except coming to see final stage unravel.

That's why I said monologues would be such an amazing thing. Some thought process to show he's not incompetent fool that accepted his fate and hopes nobody kills him.
And yes, I'm well aware he's worried they can read his thoughts, but if you'll excuse me being blunt here, that's such a lazy excuse not to have monologues.
At the very least our boy should be trying to find out more about the implant, or find out how to learn more about it. That and gain untainted intel about his team, since all his info is redacted or lies.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I been meaning to play this since I heard it's a good game. I see it says Ch 2 Finale wondering if this just a chapter final or is it complete .( not sure how long tags take to get updated) Mostly asking because I like to mark the AVN's I play as completed or the last chapter / version so I know when I come back and check later if there was an update or not there is no confusion on my end.

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
valid point there, what I'm asking myself is with all the expierience MC has, is he really clueless or is he assesing ? his team? and to do this he can let them do what they are after to see where it goes, plus he has his own agenda.
I sometimes have the impresion he is delibarte gaslighting his own team.

Reactions: Lord Grim and nekdo

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I been meaning to play this since I heard it's a good game. I see it says Ch 2 Finale wondering if this just a chapter final or is it complete .( not sure how long tags take to get updated) Mostly asking because I like to mark the AVN's I play as completed or the last chapter / version so I know when I come back and check later if there was an update or not there is no confusion on my end.
Chapter finale, and more questions open than answerd.

Reactions: Grimm0ne

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Jeesh...the whole point..which you obviously missed looking at da pwitty pwicshurez is that no, he shouldn't be there, he is nothing special..at all...and he is completely out of his depth. That's why you dislike him...you dislike him for the very exact reason he exists ffs.

THAT is part of the story...the guy is an idiot, out of his depth, not a combat vet, not a detective...he just a humble Joe who has no clue what he is doing. That is the very story (and a huge plotdevice) of our MC being forced and thrown into a setting he has no clue how to deal with!

So, you either accept that scenario and story (because he isn't suddenly going to become the person you think you are and think he should be anytime soon)....or please...just move on...the door is over there --------->
Where are you getting he's not a combat vet? I thing everyone agrees he's been in quite a lot of combat after those first few months where his unit was positioned in reserve. He may not have more experience than Lana(?), but he's peeled off the green, and I got the impression that both his soldiers and command did think he was more than just lucky when it came to the victories he was associated with. (insert quote from Napoleon about preferring lucky commanders)

I think you've swung the pendulum further from the actual description just like everyone wanting a hyper-competent Reacher type that's better at everything. From what we have evidence of the Officer did seem to have a natural talent at tactics, and applied that successfully consistently. Everything else he's average at (at best). Which is fair and fine. Some of us just want him to be more pro-active at something, anything. But agreed, he's not an investigator/detective, he's not good at politics, he's only had basic marine hand-to-hand training. Whether he's just a bit above average as a tactical officer or he's a natural and a tactical savant, we don't know, could go either way. You can't say he isn't a combat vet though, he was in a combat mission when the shit with Lady S.'s brother happened.

Benhawkwood

Apr 20, 2021
It's a very pretty game. Interesting setting.

I'm coming immediately from a fresh playthrough where I don't think I'll continue though. The choices presented throughout the whole of the game seem to have little to no impact, except for whether or not you fuck a love interest. In a mystery/spy/futuristic thriller this seems like a really wasted opportunity to provide MC interaction; To make -your- playthrough unique beyond LI fuck-choice. When you are presented with multiple choice options, they don't branch or add something different to the story... You just ultimately select each option before continuing.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
so MC of this game is an inept wimp? I was interested in playing this game but not anymore.
The MC isn't a war hero super soldier if that's what you were hoping for. They themselves regard their hero status as just recruitment propaganda for posters and the victories were just down to luck and who was a part of the squad at the time it happened.

Granted, in a VN format when the overall story takes months and month to come to fruition it's hard to see the big picture of "this is the story arc for the protagonist". So who knows, the MC might find their footing down the road or maybe they are that good but suffer from some sever PTSD w/ a big ol' helping of self-doubt that's hampering them and the story will feel a lot better down the road. Right now, yeah, it can seem like the MC is kinda useless and talks to themselves in inner monologue a bit too much while the other characters do the majority of the heavy lifting.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Tsubame is cute

Make her a love interest. :love:
She looks like a plastic doll, yet still the renders are the one strong point of this game.

I dont feel much for this game, the story might be good but maybe it's how it's told that I think it's bad or that I can't like. Though I like a good story with my lewds, but there is something missing here. MC's characterization might play a big role in that

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
He didn't...so that's a major plot piece that she knows the name.
Don't some randos know that name without being told? If you change the MC's name, someone, I thought it was Dizzy, comments on it being different. But, as a rebel agent that's working him, she'd almost certainly get a file on him of everything that is known.

Reactions: Samhain71

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Yea... I'm feeling so so about the protag. I like his character model. His personality is deff more interesting than a lot of other games protags. I don't think the military stuff is believable though. I'm assuming there's more to him because I do wanna like this protag. As is, the guy doesn't seem to have the competence, skills & personality to be put in a leadership position and win multiple wars. I'm not buying the right time & place excuse. Makes zero sense.

Oct 10, 2022
Don't some randos know that name without being told? If you change the MC's name, someone, I thought it was Dizzy, comments on it being different. But, as a rebel agent that's working him, she'd almost certainly get a file on him of everything that is known.
Joshua Valentine the name he took after joined the navy and everybody knows him with that name, Dizzy commented about that name change. I think there was one or two other same type of interaction. She knew his stage name before he joined navy, there is no indication he told that name to anyone because it was neither a official name nor a name he was using before that. He introduced himself as Vayne to June and June kinda mocked him using his stage name.

Other hints, at least I think they are;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 68 Votes