VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes

LemonTree 83

Dec 18, 2023
Before playing this latest update, I had the impression that the MC immediately recognized June when he saw Dizzy, they knew what they were doing by meeting and communicating in that way, and the reason they didn't say anything was because of Blume in his head, seeing and hearing everything.

The MC was essentially dead inside, without purpose. He was forced to become a puppet for the families, monitored 24/7 with "cameras and microphones" in his head. As a hero, they couldn't kill him, or the conflict nearing its end would intensify again out of vengeance for the hero's death. Thus, the families decided to use him as a test subject for new technology while keeping him under constant surveillance, with each family sending someone to closely monitor him.
That's what I, as the player controlling the MC, understood about the situation.

The MC has no sex life, doesn't even masturbate, despite doctors suggesting he should. The only thing on his mind is June, the girl he's been dreaming about all these years. It doesn't make sense that he didn't recognize her; I even think he dreamed about her on the day they reunited.

Dizzy spent all the time trying to evoke his memories, even appearing before him as she did in the past—the way he sees her in his dreams. If he dreams about her as much as the DEV suggests, then he should know she is June!

But playing this latest update, I was shocked to see that the MC knew absolutely nothing, saying he was deceived. Well, I, the player, wasn't deceived—I knew what I was doing. It doesn't make sense for the MC to act that way, and even after all that, he only suspects that Dizzy is June? --"

The MC is slow, as many have said here. He is slow and has no skills to be part of that team, much less be the leader. That's why I thought the other team members were there to closely monitor the MC, which they indeed are, as Mireille showed. I thought both the MC and Blume knew this, but since he's so slow, maybe only Blume knows.

I could be wrong, but I don't agree with these hypotheses that Dizzy and June are different people. I have no doubt that they are the same person, and nothing in the game made me think otherwise.

It would make sense if he didn't dream about June so much, if he didn't remember a night from so many years ago, It would make sense for him not to recognize her, but knowing that he dreams about her so much, it doesn't make sense for him not to recognize her.
And what about this:

MCs Friend (forgot his name) told him At the beginning that there was a group of girls, drooling over him during his Performance.

MC stated to June, she was one of them.

Why shouldnt Rose/Dizzy be Part of that group too?

I agree that Rose/Dizzy tried to trigger his memories, because she was there too.

Now...
What was Iris' answer to MCs question about "Who pays/paid you?"
Right... "she (Rose) didnt tell you?"

She DID tell... but not with words, because through the Implant (which she knows about) others are watching/listening.
Her triggering the past are hints for MC.
He just gets confused because it all is too close to the past and he isnt able to connect the dots.

I strongly believe Blume is part of that group too. Why?
Codenames for one.
Blume is the german word for flower, while Rose and Iris are flowers.
Plus Blumes' guilty look after some of the conversations, the "I cant tell you", her absence during the incident with Rose (no proof of the meeting, just an excuse MC would buy).

striker.js

Jan 13, 2022
I feel like the action sequence at the warehouse could have been clearer. I saw there was intent, but it didn't land for me. That may be a minority opinion though.
I couldn't tell what was happening in the warehouse action sequences. Everything is so blurry, alternates between very dark and blinding flashes of light and happens so quickly it is very confusing. I am definitely not a fan or impressed by the artsy cinematics. :confused::(

The main thing I could tell is the supposedly elite Special Operations Squad is unable to capture and bind a target, doesn't pay attention to a prisoner they have surrounded and are interrogating, instantly gives their firearms away to enemies in close quarters (twice within the span of a few minutes!) and can't hit a human target from a dozen feet away with multiple shots. The squad seems pretty useless so far, especially the commander.

Also, where is the romance in this game? There was a little bit with one character, but then she blew herself up and there hasn't been much of anything else. This is very slow burn for a game with the harem tag.... The game seems to have a lot of potential, but it has been spinning its wheels as not much has been happening other than speculation.

Reactions: astabro

striker.js

Jan 13, 2022
Waiting on the walkthrough mod to be updated and then I can port the update
You really don't need a walkthrough for chapter 3A. I think one choice (Lana) is pretty obvious and for the other there are no variables so it doesn't matter what you choose.

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes