no character is forced to do something they don't want to do
Everyone is consenting and caring of the other persons feelings and so on

It's like I said everyone
Let's treat each other with kindness.

And if you don't like the game or writing just move on
and play something you really like
we have all stopped playing games we think aren't good
It will make you feel happier playing something you do like
Life is too short to waste time and energy on entertainment products you don't like.

I must say there is a reason this is on my favourite games list it's awesome.
I personally feel happy every time I play it :)

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
Actually, and all modesty aside, I know quite a bit more than you, about a great many things. That's simply the nature of being older and having lived longer and read more, seen more, heard more and experienced more things. You seem a bit touchy. That's no way to be when someone is just trying to have a conversation about your work. I have not belittled you or your work, I have not insulted you or your work. I have commented and made a few mild critiques.

Mansplaining? I see. You're one of those. You can't listen to what I say because I'm a man and I dared to explain something you didn't like. Got it. Understood. Message received loud and clear. Only comments that validate you, your work and your worldview are welcome. I will refrain from speaking to or of you again. Have a good day, luck to you in your endeavors and all that jazz.
Actually, I think Rhodes' problem (sorry for speaking on your behalf, Rhodes) is that you're being obnoxious and insisting on "critiquing" her work by...suggesting she totally rewrite a key facet of her character when she has repeatedly said that she has no plans to write that sort of story, then not taking no for an answer.

If you wanted to make suggestions, phrase them as such. Don't tell her she's missed an opportunity when she's already explained that she has zero interest in writing from such a perspective, which is her choice and hasn't hurt her writing at all.

Quit lecturing her about it and move on. Rhodes has zero obligation to listen to you, and - speaking as another guy - it's not hard to see what she means about you mansplaining.

Oh, and just a heads up; being older doesn't necessarily mean you have more knowledge, particularly of an individual's writing style, abilities or their movations and achievements. Not only is it a laughable claim - particularly when you're trying to assert that over someone with a pretty successful game and who you have never met - but it's ridiculously arrogant.

Last edited:

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
Moving on from that nonsense, loving the game so far and really excited to see what comes next.

Also, can I just say; I really, really loved your portrayal of Bai coming out. As someone who came out a couple of years ago to fairly mixed reactions from family, it's really nice to see a story where the parents accept their child and don't make a big deal about it. It means a lot.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Moving on from that nonsense, loving the game so far and really excited to see what comes next.

Also, can I just say; I really, really loved your portrayal of Bai coming out. As someone who came out a couple of years ago to fairly mixed reactions from family, it's really nice to see a story where the parents accept their child and don't make a big deal about it. It means a lot.
Thank you. When I originally outlined the scene, a couple years ago, I had planned on there being a little more conflict. But as I was getting closer to the time, I was like, man there's enough awful coming out scenarios that I just don't want that for Bai.

Then I saw Heathers for the first time, and there's a scene in there where a father proclaims his love for his gay son - if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about - and that just stuck with me so much, I was like, yes I want that.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Sep 24, 2020
Thank you. When I originally outlined the scene, a couple years ago, I had planned on there being a little more conflict. But as I was getting closer to the time, I was like, man there's enough awful coming out scenarios that I just don't want that for Bai.

Then I saw Heathers for the first time, and there's a scene in there where a father proclaims his love for his gay son - if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about - and that just stuck with me so much, I was like, yes I want that.

Glad you're enjoying it.
You can fix it

DarcWing55

Mar 30, 2021
She's told you repeatedly she doesn't give a fuck about your opinion, but you insist on voicing it to the point that you've elevated yourself from mildly irritating to outright obnoxious. Learn to take the L and move on, dude.
I gladly take L's when they are earned. Just shutting down conversations because one does not like the topic or to be questioned is not taking an L in my book. Well, it is, but for the person refusing to engage in the discussion. This is a forum and thread to discuss the game, isn't it? That means one can voice their thoughts and opinions. ALL thoughts an opinions, right? Unless that's not the case and only opinions that kiss the ass of the creator are welcome. In which case, that needs to be stated up front on the first page of the thread. Maybe it's there and I just missed it. Maybe it was written between the lines. I don't know. I'm not used to having to walk on eggshells with creators. Most welcome the feedback and are happy to engage in discussion with the fans and players.

I don't see how anything I said was offensive in the slightest. Like I said earlier, I've been critiqued by professionals and they are NOT nice. All the little things that you put in your work to make it stand out, they'll say to remove. They'll say they like your ideas and your execution and then in the same breath tell you to change everything to make it like everybody else. I didn't do anything close to that. I simply wanted to have a discussion about the topic, that being story elements of the game which is the purpose of this thread.

DarcWing55

Mar 30, 2021
Actually, I think Rhodes' problem (sorry for speaking on your behalf, Rhodes) is that you're being obnoxious and insisting on "critiquing" her work by...suggesting she totally rewrite a key facet of her character when she has repeatedly said that she has no plans to write that sort of story, then not taking no for an answer.

If you wanted to make suggestions, phrase them as such. Don't tell her she's missed an opportunity when she's already explained that she has zero interest in writing from such a perspective, which is her choice and hasn't hurt her writing at all.

Quit lecturing her about it and move on. Rhodes has zero obligation to listen to you, and - speaking as another guy - it's not hard to see what she means about you mansplaining.

Oh, and just a heads up; being older doesn't necessarily mean you have more knowledge, particularly of an individual's writing style, abilities or their movations and achievements. Not only is it a laughable claim - particularly when you're trying to assert that over someone with a pretty successful game and who you have never met - but it's ridiculously arrogant.
I never said to re-write anything. Not once. I suggested that I think she MIGHT have missed an opportunity. I also said that it's no skin off my nose either way, and that I would keep playing or not based upon my mood. Newflash, I finished the update. Waiting for the next one like everybody else. The point of a discussion thread is to discuss the topic. At least that's been my experience since joining the online community back in 1998.

I'm a lecturer. When I get pushback or someone wants to shut down the discussion, I lecture. It's a character flaw, one of my few. I don't take people that use "mansplaining" seriously. It's an SJW, feminazi, WOKE term and therefore to be ignored or laughed at. Almost as stupid as "manspreading."

Being older DOES mean you have more knowledge, simply by having lived longer and witnessed, experienced, learned more. Now, that's not to say it's more specialized knowledge or even more educated, but just knowledge in general. As you age you just naturally accumulate more knowledge and experience and what is wisdom if not knowledge, experience and good judgement? It's why in the old days, the elderly were seen as wise, they must have been to have managed to live so long. Or the old adage, "Wisdom comes with age." Or, as Roman philosopher Cicero affirmed with this, “For there is assuredly nothing dearer to a man than wisdom, and though age takes away all else, it undoubtedly brings us that.” I have been called arrogant many times and it probably won't stop any time soon. I could give you my reasons why, but there's no point. Just know that I have good reason to be so, much to the chagrin of my friends and family and classmates and co-workers.

But that's enough beating this dead horse. Let's get back to the game. The renderings are great, the dialogue is decent, the story interesting and engaging and the characterization is consistent. Good work all around.

Tinklesan

Nov 18, 2020
Hello! I have a question about the game. Why is it necessary to complete other characters's storylines in order to progress with a specific love interest?
We have to advance with Reba's storyline to advance with Jez, we must make progress with someone to unlock the beach/lake dates etc.
I thought that you could freely choose whom to date in this game, I prefer to do each path separately.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hello! I have a question about the game. Why is it necessary to complete other characters's storylines in order to progress with a specific love interest?
We have to advance with Reba's storyline to advance with Jez, we must make progress with someone to unlock the beach/lake dates etc.
I thought that you could freely choose whom to date in this game, I prefer to do each path separately.
you can freely date or not to date other girls aka ignore some or don't but otherwise there are ties that bind.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes