DarcWing55

Mar 30, 2021
I absolutely don't need writing advice. My game is very successful, and I did it by writing what I wanted to write and not pandering to people who I dont like.

That agent was wrong. When you publish, you do have to take criticism and you do have to develop thick skin, but you don't have to smile and thank the person.

You can just tell them to fuck off.

Everyone needs writing advice from time to time. Stephen King's wife read Carrie and convinced him it was good if he actually had a woman's perspective. She went through it for him and critiqued the hell out of it and he made the changes she suggested and his agent sold the book for two-hundred and fifty-thousand dollars, when King heard two-fifty, he was elated to just get anything and then the agent dropped the bomb and said, "No, two-hundred and fifty THOUSAND." if King had not gotten advice from someone, he wouldn't have sold his first book because he threw it in the trash and his wife found it while he was at work.

J.K. Rowling (yes, I know, people want to hate her now for speaking her opinion.) used adverbs like crazy instead of letting the narration indicate how characters felt. She also had no idea how to write a teenage boy or teen boy interactions. She needed advice but nobody would stand up to her including her editor. She had pages of dialogue in the middle of a confrontation where the combatants circled one another. She wrote from outlines and didn't re-read her previous novels so didn't realize how her characters had grown and had to perform character assassinations on several to get them back in line. She had characters forgive and forget transgressions and betrayals like they'd been Obliviated of the events. She absolutely needed writing advice.

It's not pandering if you just include normal folk going about doing normal things and not being judgmental about it. You can still write what you want, how you want, but why the hostility towards those that are not like you? Why don't you like people that aren't like you? That doesn't seem very tolerant. Isn't the goal to get everybody to be accepting of everybody else? When you demonize one side then you cause those on that side to stop listening or caring.

Echo chambers are bad on both sides. Do you only interact with people that agree with you? Do you believe that shutting down discussion is a good thing? I believe in having the conversations and the better ideas will win out. Having your MC discuss different ideas to either grow himself or convince others that their views may need to be examined is a good thing.

Actually, you DO have to smile and thank the person. That's PR 101. Don't alienate or anger your fans.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
can someone tell my why your forced to do the gay route if your on the trans girls route? what happend to all routes being optional?

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
can someone tell my why your forced to do the gay route if your on the trans girls route? what happend to all routes being optional?
What do you mean?

Gay (bisexual male) path is Bai. You don't have to do that. You can even get the Bai/Tammy/MC threesome in a no homo version on Bai's "friends only" path.

You don't even need to suck Adrian on her romance path. If, however, a handjob for a beautiful trans woman is too much for you, you can close her route. Nobody gets forced to do anything.

Last edited:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
sorry i saved over that save after i started over. i have a few others, which i can't find in the new save folder.
i did save this one from the last update before today, in the new update, just now and get the same result.
Hmmm, alright, that's a save from day 3, there is indeed no way that you could have a lot of content done.

Nothing I can help you with, I'm afraid. Do you maybe still have old auto- or quicksaves?

Otherwise I can only advise to ctrl-skip through known content, or use the full save end of update 14 I've provided here: https://f95zone.to/threads/come-home-v6-15-1-premium-r-j-rhodes.54521/post-11185002

Good luck!

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Everyone needs writing advice from time to time. Stephen King's wife read Carrie and convinced him it was good if he actually had a woman's perspective. She went through it for him and critiqued the hell out of it and he made the changes she suggested and his agent sold the book for two-hundred and fifty-thousand dollars, when King heard two-fifty, he was elated to just get anything and then the agent dropped the bomb and said, "No, two-hundred and fifty THOUSAND." if King had not gotten advice from someone, he wouldn't have sold his first book because he threw it in the trash and his wife found it while he was at work.

J.K. Rowling (yes, I know, people want to hate her now for speaking her opinion.) used adverbs like crazy instead of letting the narration indicate how characters felt. She also had no idea how to write a teenage boy or teen boy interactions. She needed advice but nobody would stand up to her including her editor. She had pages of dialogue in the middle of a confrontation where the combatants circled one another. She wrote from outlines and didn't re-read her previous novels so didn't realize how her characters had grown and had to perform character assassinations on several to get them back in line. She had characters forgive and forget transgressions and betrayals like they'd been Obliviated of the events. She absolutely needed writing advice.

It's not pandering if you just include normal folk going about doing normal things and not being judgmental about it. You can still write what you want, how you want, but why the hostility towards those that are not like you? Why don't you like people that aren't like you? That doesn't seem very tolerant. Isn't the goal to get everybody to be accepting of everybody else? When you demonize one side then you cause those on that side to stop listening or caring.

Echo chambers are bad on both sides. Do you only interact with people that agree with you? Do you believe that shutting down discussion is a good thing? I believe in having the conversations and the better ideas will win out. Having your MC discuss different ideas to either grow himself or convince others that their views may need to be examined is a good thing.

Actually, you DO have to smile and thank the person. That's PR 101. Don't alienate or anger your fans.
I'm not reading any more of your mansplaining self-important bullshit. I have no interest in being taught or preached to. You do not know more than me. Fuck off.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
Hmmm, alright, that's a save from day 3, there is indeed no way that you could have a lot of content done.

Nothing I can help you with, I'm afraid. Do you maybe still have old auto- or quicksaves?

Otherwise I can only advise to ctrl-skip through known content, or use the full save end of update 14 I've provided here: https://f95zone.to/threads/come-home-v6-15-1-premium-r-j-rhodes.54521/post-11185002

Good luck!
this save had me about to visit jez first time. anyway, i'm not worried bout where it stopped, i went ahead and started over from first day.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
this save had me about to visit jez first time. anyway, i'm not worried bout where it stopped, i went ahead and started over from first day.
Alright, have fun then. If you like the voice acting you might even enjoy going through the game again now that Dana, Mari, Kendra, and Jamie have some voiced lines. :)(y)

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I saw a kind of "end credits".
I realised that the storyline was over.
If you had read RJ's line there, you'd have read sth like "since the game has no end yet and you can play for however long you like, here are the credits early. Have fun keep on playing."

Reactions: ramvivat
4.30 star(s) 108 Votes