Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I loaded this one up and everything is working fine for me?

Shows all of the hearts correctly. Working out with tammy in the morning didn't cause any issues. What was it doing for you?
I was mainly skipping time and attending class to get to the weekend, but then Tammy's fight didn't trigger. So I tried training MMA with her in the mornings at weekdays, and on Thursday that brought me to the location screen with no ff button, Tammy in the cafe, but when I clicked on the cafe there was nothing there.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
I hope in the next update or so there's sexual content with Brandi. She's a babe. Haven't gotten all her hearts yet but hoping for full on vaginal with Tammy. Already had such with the skateboard girl (forget name) and there's plenty of hearts. She's a freak it seems so I'm sure there's anal coming.

Reactions: Grimtown

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
About Come Home

I was just asking myself why I like Come Home.
I mean, I've written some of it in the review, but usually I play a game and then move on for a couple of months or half a year until there's enough content for another hour or two of fun.

So why did I join its Discord? Why do I keep hanging around here? Why did I even join the beta testing team?
I may have some answers to these questions. rjrhodes you are probably not going to like all of the words, but it's another round of feedback.

On many levels Come Home comes close to what I am looking for in adult video games.
When I first played one I thought: "Where were you when I was a teen?". Seriously, I've been playing video games for a long time, but none of them had explicit sex content. I enjoy that. When I play an AVN, I play it for the sex. Not ashamed of that.

Not ***only*** for the sex, of course. I want a story that is more than just a connection between sex scenes, a real story, but not too heavy. I read for a living at the moment, so I want something easy to follow, not too shallow, but not too much drama and sixteen different strings and arcs that are delicately woven together (until the game is abandoned, because most devs who try seem to realize at some point that they are not Shakespeare and should have tried only eight narrative strings tops, but that's a different story). Such a story needs believable characters to carry it.

So far that is: I want sex, I want a good, easy story I can relax and wank to, and I want believable characters.

I find much of that in Come Home. It is refreshingly normal.

The start is an old, but proven trope. MC comes home after some years away and re-connects with his family. It is clear from the beginning that there will also be a sexual connection. Which is perfect for me, because - another thing I look for in AVNs - it's on the list of kinks I like. Incest, or in this case step-incest, is something I like at the moment.

The relations between MC and all the other characters are building up at a good speed, not too fast so sex would be totally unbelievable, not too slow that you can write your own VN while waiting for some action, just right (for me).

And the chracters - and that is one of my main reasons I think - are not ridiculously over the top.
You have some adversaries, but it's not the Mafia or some high-powered crime family with an evil antagonist who will torture-rape your loved ones until they tell them all my sectrets, no. They're normal criminals (so far). A bunch of meth heads.
Also some more white trailer trash aka Reba's mom, who is also a lowkey tragic figure. Born into poverty I bet she had dreams like Reba, but ended up an opinionated, fat, and sad person.
And let's not forget about the fiancé of your co-worker. He might get upset and break a commandment or two when he learns about the copy room adventures.

The rest are typical town characters, none of them is really larger than life. Even Mrs. Mills isn't just a harrassing stereotype. She doesn't blackmail or coerce, she's even quite open about that she enjoys being in control and dominating her male subordinates. Apart from that she's a tough lawyer, like there are many in every town.

The only unbelievable aspect is the one I also explicitly like in AVNs, and that's the MCs partners' willingness to accept a "harem route" through the game. Another thing I want: Games which I don't have to play over and over again to see all the sex scenes with all the characters.

Some might say some of the characters are boring, I say they're perfect for me. They do have a background, but not one seven pages long which I have to memorize to understand the story.

Apropos story. There is a disappearing scientist mystery hanging in the air. That has potential to be over the top, but doesn't necessarily have to. But even if, I'm a big sci-fi fan and so I'm optimistic I will have fun.

TL;DR: I like it. Will keep hanging around. :)(y)

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Sexual relations with any character in this game is optional. (So far) the only route with her is her being dominant - anything else wouldn't make any sense imo. But, as I said, you don't need to include her in your harem. More than enough potential love/sex interests in the game to choose from.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Sexual relations with any character in this game is optional. (So far) the only route with her is her being dominant - anything else wouldn't make any sense imo. But, as I said, you don't need to include her in your harem. More than enough potential love/sex interests in the game to choose from.
I was asking more about any interactions with her that are forced for story reasons, not just relationship wise.

blevins29

Dec 26, 2020
I just started playing this today and I have all of the hearts for each character except Dana. She is stuck at 3 hearts and nothing I do raises my relationship with her. The hint is to talk with her before work which I have done repeatedly - so much that there are no topics other than chat to choose from. Any idea what I can do to get her on track again?

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I was asking more about any interactions with her that are forced for story reasons, not just relationship wise.
She will come on to you, you can tell her it's inappropriate, end of (sexual) interactions. Unless there's a bug, that's how it should be. There is not much sex content with her yet anyway. You even get an option to choose if you are interested in her at all. You will probably simply not get any scenes with her in the future. But yes, she is and will be your boss, so if you have a problem working for a woman at all I recommend the ctrl key while talking to her. ;)

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Dana. She is stuck at 3 hearts and nothing I do raises my relationship with her. The hint is to talk with her before work which I have done repeatedly - so much that there are no topics other than chat to choose from. Any idea what I can do to get her on track again?
No idea. Mind posting your save? I could take a look.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
She will come on to you, you can tell her it's inappropriate, end of (sexual) interactions. Unless there's a bug, that's how it should be. There is not much sex content with her yet anyway. You even get an option to choose if you are interested in her at all. You will probably simply not get any scenes with her in the future. But yes, she is and will be your boss, so if you have a problem working for a woman at all I recommend the ctrl key while talking to her. ;)
I have no problem working for a woman as long as she doesn't try and be dominate with me(this goes for males as well). I have no desire to be subjected to something that I wouldn't tolerate in real life. I just want a good story that my girls and I can unwind with after work and if I need to ctrl through it is not what I see as a good story.

Thank you for answering my questions, it is appreciated.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
and if I need to ctrl through it is not what I see as a good story.
tbh I didn't read read it from that point of view, and she is a minor part of the game. As I wrote before, she not somebody who humiliates you in front of your co-workers or anything. If you can tolerate 2% of the story maybe not being to your liking I'm sure the other 98% will make you more happy.
Anyway, take care!

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Is there any vaginal content with main blue-ball milf? Also, is there any future chance lawyer stuff only dominative or we can change into submissive? Or if it's not possible, is there anyway to resign and go to another law firm?

Reactions: HansDampf788

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Is there any vaginal content with main blue-ball milf?
You mean Lisa, your step-mom? Not yet. In this update you can get a blowjob from her. Earlier scenes with her have a titjob and a handjob.

Also, is there any future chance lawyer stuff only dominative or we can change into submissive? Or if it's not possible, is there anyway to resign and go to another law firm?
I doubt it, but that's a question for rjrhodes.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
I'm not planning on making it an option to go to another law firm. There is going to be some bdsm going both ways with Mrs. Mills. If you don't like that, best not to pursue a relationship with her.

None of her story is required. If you don't talk to her before work, her story won't progress. If you tell her your not interested in her, or that her advances are inappropriate, she will stop.

Not every character in the game is going to appeal to you. That's why there's 20 characters. I hope you can find someone in there that you like.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm not planning on making it an option to go to another law firm. There is going to be some bdsm going both ways with Mrs. Mills. If you don't like that, best not to pursue a relationship with her.

None of her story is required. If you don't talk to her before work, her story won't progress. If you tell her your not interested in her, or that her advances are inappropriate, she will stop.

Not every character in the game is going to appeal to you. That's why there's 20 characters. I hope you can find someone in there that you like.
Is there going to be solo romance paths? Just wondering, as the only LI I'm actually interested in is Adrian.

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes